Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A Moodlet after failing a pregnancy test...

I haven't seen this moodlet before, so it must've been new... :p
oddmoodlet_zps2r8cbyng.png
Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.

Comments

• ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    I got that one recently. They tried again and were successful the second time!
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    It occurs with family orientated Sims.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • tams2578tams2578 Posts: 705 Member
    Scobre wrote: »

I've had it happen with a Sim who wasn't family oriented although she didn't dislike children either. She already has one child and recently had her second. Her second child is from her third Try For Baby because she didn't get pregnant the second time and that's when she got the moodlet.

Zwdtm8.png
  • Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,453 Member

Misty Martinez isn't family-oriented. :p
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    tams2578 wrote: »

I've had it happen with a Sim who wasn't family oriented although she didn't dislike children either. She already has one child and recently had her second. Her second child is from her third Try For Baby because she didn't get pregnant the second time and that's when she got the moodlet.
    Well that is good to know. But yes it is something that has occurred before in my games.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • YazFoxxyYazFoxxy Posts: 1,219 Member
    I've had it a couple of times.. Their poor little faces. Don't worry, we'll knock you up next time. Is basically what this is saying..
  • MissBMissB Posts: 323 Member
    I've had it before and there is a grammatical mistake in the pop up. It should be "than" and not "then".
    Everyone must believe in something. I believe I'll go play sims.
  • AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    Developers need to go back 2 Skool!
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    Grammatical errors are annoying. There should be a positive moodlet counterpart as well. Dodged a Bullet!
  • duska3419duska3419 Posts: 180 Member
    I've gotten that moodlet before on a Romantic Active sim with two kids already. I didn't notice the part that says "failed pregnancy test". That's messed up. You don't fail a pregnancy test it's either positive or negative. It should say 'negative result' instead of 'failed pregnancy test'. That's just offensive.
  • kyliejean89kyliejean89 Posts: 31 Member
    > @Emma_Valentine said:
    > Grammatical error. Should be "than" not "then" Smh

This.
  • enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    ejoslin wrote: »
    Grammatical errors are annoying. There should be a positive moodlet counterpart as well. Dodged a Bullet!

Grammatical errors give players a -2 Sad or Angry moodlet (depending on traits) and it can last anywhere from 4 hours to forever.

OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • AurnaAurna Posts: 37 Member
    Despite the grammatical error, quite like the moodlet. I wonder if they get it if they had a whim to fall pregnant?
    Origin ID: Aurna
    Simblr: Aurna's Sims :)
  • monkeypants1monkeypants1 Posts: 320 Member
    It's been around for awhile. My sims have gotten it a couple of times, and none of them were family-oriented. I think it's a neat little moodlet, and the way sims mope about it is kind of endearing.
  • AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    ejoslin wrote: »

She literally dodged a bullet! ;)
  • charlottecupcakecharlottecupcake Posts: 80 Member
    > @ejoslin said:
    > Grammatical errors are annoying. There should be a positive moodlet counterpart as well. Dodged a Bullet!

With sims that have the Hates Children trait you do get a positive moodlet. I think its like "Close Call" or something. I saw it recently with my legacy founders wife (yes I got lucky and the townie he got along the best with the fastest has a Hates Children trait. fml). But yeah, they do have that.
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,553 Member
    I have a sim who has the "hates children" trait and the insane trait. After trying for baby, she first was very tense because she feared being pregnant. I let her do a test and then she got sad that she wasn´t.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • mizuru007mizuru007 Posts: 1,085 Member
    Emotions and pregnancy tests definitely need some fine tuning.

Regarding the moodlet in the first post, I have seen it before, though it should show up more frequently for family-oriented Sims than for everyone else. Sims who are non-commital or hate children should get a tense moodlet if it comes up positive and a happy moodlet if it comes up negative. If you're gonna force these emotions into the game, you could at least utilize them properly...
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,290 Member
    I had a family oriented Sim who failed to get pregnant and after she got a similar moodlet, she cried. I felt so bad for her I had her and her hubby try again. They were successful on the second go-around.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • AndyBrainsAndyBrains Posts: 218 Member
    Do both involved in the try for a baby receive this moodlet, or is it just the one taking the test?
  • duska3419duska3419 Posts: 180 Member
    AndyBrains wrote: »
    Do both involved in the try for a baby receive this moodlet, or is it just the one taking the test?

in my experience only the one taking the test
  • BraindeadZ0mbieBraindeadZ0mbie Posts: 10 New Member
    > @duska3419 said:
    > AndyBrains wrote: »
    >
    > Do both involved in the try for a baby receive this moodlet, or is it just the one taking the test?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > in my experience only the one taking the test

I agree !