Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We care! Supporting Simmers going through hard times.

Comments

• Clarkie100Clarkie100 Posts: 1,708 Member
    Just an update after my frustration last week...

I put in an inquiry with a geneticist and I heard back from them! They have a super long waiting list usually but two of the kids get to see her in August! It seems so far away but I'm hopeful.

That is good, I've been to see geneticists and they were a huge help to me. They will be able to help you and offer advice and support. :)
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,521 Member
    Sending a little hello to everyone :) May a colourful butterfly flutter pass you today, and add a touch of specialness to your day. Life is precious and as gentle as a butterfly. Whatever you are going through in your life, there is a sunrise and a sunset on each day. May you have the strength that you just need for that day.
    Sending a hug to all who need one today <3
  • DesiraiDesirai Posts: 1,058 Member
    I saw this in rosemow's signature and I feel like getting my troubles off my chest, so I'm just going to rant here a little bit.

I'm going through so much stress right now at home, my grandaddy is on his deathbed with stage D2 urethral cancer, my daddy is battle his addiction demons, and a million people are coming in and out of the house at all hours of the day to visit my grandaddy. My dad, my stepmom and me are up and down all night taking turns caring for my grandaddy. He is bedridden and has to be turned periodically to prevent sores. My grades have slipped down to Cs because I haven't been able to do my homework and I've been missing class a lot the past 3 weeks. now I have 4 final exams and I've barely studied for them. I'm trying to get accepted into the radiology tech program and have to study for that exam, plus I'm working 3 days a week to pay for my car and my classes.

My 11 year old sister is going through puberty so she is hormonal, upset that she's having to see her grandaddy die and she doesn't know how to help.

and certain family members never offer to help.... they just show up to tell us what we are doing wrong then disappear...
    What if I told you.. you don't have to have 98723987297 animated GIFs in your signatures!?!??
  • XxHannelorexXXxHannelorexX Posts: 2,943 Member
    Hi all!

Stopping by to mention that dad comes out of hospital tomorrow (operation went well and physio/rehab has been going good!) :)

Also, I think that he has genuinely realised that he has a problem as he mentioned keeping drink away as it is temptation for him. Feeling pretty positive and hopeful right now.

Thinking of all of you <3
  • XxHannelorexXXxHannelorexX Posts: 2,943 Member
    Desirai wrote: »
    I saw this in rosemow's signature and I feel like getting my troubles off my chest, so I'm just going to rant here a little bit.

I'm going through so much stress right now at home, my grandaddy is on his deathbed with stage D2 urethral cancer, my daddy is battle his addiction demons, and a million people are coming in and out of the house at all hours of the day to visit my grandaddy. My dad, my stepmom and me are up and down all night taking turns caring for my grandaddy. He is bedridden and has to be turned periodically to prevent sores. My grades have slipped down to Cs because I haven't been able to do my homework and I've been missing class a lot the past 3 weeks. now I have 4 final exams and I've barely studied for them. I'm trying to get accepted into the radiology tech program and have to study for that exam, plus I'm working 3 days a week to pay for my car and my classes.

My 11 year old sister is going through puberty so she is hormonal, upset that she's having to see her grandaddy die and she doesn't know how to help.

and certain family members never offer to help.... they just show up to tell us what we are doing wrong then disappear...

It sounds like you are having a really tough time at the moment; so sorry to hear all that.

I am sorry to hear about your grandad. Thinking of him and you and your family as you go through this difficult time <3

Addiction is such a hard thing to go through. I have a family member going through addiction problems and it has been a very challenging time. I hope that your dad can find some good help and that you and your family can also find whatever help you need to get through this <3

Do you have anything like special consideration at your school? Or something similar? I'm not sure if it is a universal term, so just in case you're not sure what I mean it's something that you can apply for when you have circumstances that are affecting your schoolwork; it usually grants things like extentions for work and I think it might also sometimes boost grades if they think your grades have been unfairly affected. Perhaps talk to somebody at the school to see if there is something in place. A guidance counsellor or a teacher, maybe? You are going through some very difficult times that are having a negative impact on your schooling. I hope that they have something in place for when things like this happen <3

Sending hugs and kind thoughts and best wishes xx
  • LunqsLunqs Posts: 166 Member
    Sorry for not posting here more, ive been busy with other things. :tired_face:
    Anyway heres something that made me smile, and i hope it makes you guys smile too! :smile:
    hamster570.gif
    Contract?
    tumblr_m5b80x2g8w1rum37jo1_500.gif

Hello @Desirai :) I send lots of big hugs to you! <3 You are going through a very hard time and are needing to cope with a lot of big things in your life. It is not nice for you and your family to see your grandfather dying. It is a sad time for you all. It is also a very tiring time for you as you lovingly care for him. You are very loving in your care for him, as you lovingly support him and look after him.
    I am sorry to hear about your Dad's addiction problems. It is hard for you to see your loved one battling through this situation.
    You are under a lot of stress with your studies, as well as your concerns for your grandfather, father and seeking to help your sister in how she is feeling as well. Perhaps you could talk over your situation with a counsellor at school and obtain special consideration with your marks due to the situation with your grandfather dying and your need to care for him? It might helpful to talk it over with the school in advance of your exams. I will be especially thinking of you as try to study for the exams. It is hard when you may not be getting all the sleep that you need. You are also working which can be tiring too, on top of your studies and your care for your grandfather.
    I send more big, big hugs to you <3 I will be keeping you and your family in my thoughts.
    Please let us know how you are going. We care very much what you are going through, and are here to listen.
    Hi all!

Stopping by to mention that dad comes out of hospital tomorrow (operation went well and physio/rehab has been going good!) :)

Also, I think that he has genuinely realised that he has a problem as he mentioned keeping drink away as it is temptation for him. Feeling pretty positive and hopeful right now.

Thinking of all of you <3

Hello @XxHannelorexX :) It is great to hear that your Dad is coming out of hospital today! That is great! I am pleased that the operation went well, and his recovery is progressing well.
    It is a good step and sign that he has realised his problem with drinking. I will be keeping him, you and your Mum in my thoughts in the days ahead.
    Sending big hugs to you <3
    thank you both, :) it is very tiring and stressful. It is awful to watch a family member lay dying. We have talked about sending him to a home, but we just don't feel that it is the right time for that. He is still in his right mind, he is still aware, he is still trying to be independent even though he needs help 24/7.

My dad's addiction is rough because my grandaddy's diagnosis/prognosis came right in the middle of my dad seeking rehab. But we need my dad to be here now, we can't send him to rehab now. But after this is over with, that is where he is going.
    What if I told you.. you don't have to have 98723987297 animated GIFs in your signatures!?!??
    thank you both, :) it is very tiring and stressful. It is awful to watch a family member lay dying. We have talked about sending him to a home, but we just don't feel that it is the right time for that. He is still in his right mind, he is still aware, he is still trying to be independent even though he needs help 24/7.

My dad's addiction is rough because my grandaddy's diagnosis/prognosis came right in the middle of my dad seeking rehab. But we need my dad to be here now, we can't send him to rehab now. But after this is over with, that is where he is going.

Hello @Desirai I will continue to keep you and your family in my thoughts. Sending hugs to you <3
  • mwdonohuemwdonohue Posts: 3,307 Member
    Want to know what one of the most discouraging thing is? Learning that you come from a family of extreme geniuses (170+) and they turned out to be a bunch of losers who never amounted to anything in life. Yeah. It isn't exactly encouraging. I found this out today, sadly. I just want to keep this short and say this to everyone: Never lose hope. <3
    mwdonohue wrote: »
    Want to know what one of the most discouraging thing is? Learning that you come from a family of extreme geniuses (170+) and they turned out to be a bunch of losers who never amounted to anything in life. Yeah. It isn't exactly encouraging. I found this out today, sadly. I just want to keep this short and say this to everyone: Never lose hope. <3

Hello @mwdonohue Everyone in this world is special and has a unique role to play in this world. It is not what we do or achieve, it is who we are inside that matters. No one can be called a loser. It is not how smart or intelligent a person is, or whether they have done a lot of studying or not, or what position they may hold in a job or whether they are able to work or not. What matters is caring for others, supporting others, being there for others whether it is through happy, sad or painful times.
    Everyone is very special.
  • mwdonohuemwdonohue Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited May 2015
    rosemow wrote: »
    mwdonohue wrote: »

Hello @mwdonohue Everyone in this world is special and has a unique role to play in this world. It is not what we do or achieve, it is who we are inside that matters. No one can be called a loser. It is not how smart or intelligent a person is, or whether they have done a lot of studying or not, or what position they may hold in a job or whether they are able to work or not. What matters is caring for others, supporting others, being there for others whether it is through happy, sad or painful times.
    Everyone is very special.

I actually agree with that... I just wish I knew more about this. My grandfather(s) did some horrible things (he murdered many people) and that passed on to my Mom's side of the family. He had a higher IQ than Einstein. I just wish he did more with it...
  • SimplyEnchantedSimplyEnchanted Posts: 221 Member
    I've not had a chance to check in...my daughter was injured on Wednesday. The poor baby was being cast for orthotics and they forgot to put a barrier in. The cast saw cut/burned her leg. She had to have stitches. She's only 19 months old! I would share a picture of the injury but It's kinda graphic so I won't. Just say prayers for her please. She's healing up nicely but can still use the prayers.
    I've not had a chance to check in...my daughter was injured on Wednesday. The poor baby was being cast for orthotics and they forgot to put a barrier in. The cast saw cut/burned her leg. She had to have stitches. She's only 19 months old! I would share a picture of the injury but It's kinda graphic so I won't. Just say prayers for her please. She's healing up nicely but can still use the prayers.

Hello @SimplyEnchanted I am sorry to hear about the injury to your daughter. It would have been very painful for her! It is not good that she had to have stitches, and she is very young so it would have made the experience hard for both her and for you as you saw her in pain. I will keep her, yourself and your family in my thoughts and prayers. It is good that she is healing nicely, and I hope that the healing continues to go well.
    Sending big hugs to you and to your daughter <3
  • misty4mmisty4m Posts: 2,266 Member

I'm sorry to hear about your grandfather, people who are on the outside and who never had to deal with caring for someone life will not understand until they have to their self.

I cared for my husband until the day he died last year in November and it was very painful to watch his body fail from what he was dealing with.

I always suggest to anyone caring for someone who is ill always take time for yourself it's a full load on anyone and it will drain the body.

I also suggest asking for help so that you and your parents can get a break.
    new.png

I agree only send him if his doctor suggest it.
    new.png
  • KoumoriDiruKoumoriDiru Posts: 6,681 Member
    Lunqs wrote: »
    Sorry for not posting here more, ive been busy with other things. :tired_face:
    Anyway heres something that made me smile, and i hope it makes you guys smile too! :smile:
    hamster570.gif

So cute!! <3

Have a great weekend everyone :)
    tumblr_nvbyvezH0b1uvyu9yo8_r1_400.gif
    Hope everyone is having a blessed day and take some time for yourself always and enjoy the simple things in life. addemoticons320-2.gif

MMAJRB2102.jpg
    new.png
    Hello @misty4m :) The picture that you have posted is lovely! It looks a very calming and peaceful sight for people to look out through the open white doors and see the sea with the ships . The landscape in the distance and the blue of the sea are very nice! Thankyou very much for posting the picture :)
    Well the nurse came in today and told us that blood flow is beginning to slow to his extremities. This means that the body is preparing to die.. it stops blood flow to parts of the body that aren't necessary for survival. At this point, his brain deems only his internal organs are necessary.

The nurse told us that he is fighting it and holding on for some reason, even though he has told us he is ready to go to heaven to be with his wife and momma.

I took 3 days off from work and now I guess we just wait..
    edited May 2015
    Well the nurse came in today and told us that blood flow is beginning to slow to his extremities. This means that the body is preparing to die.. it stops blood flow to parts of the body that aren't necessary for survival. At this point, his brain deems only his internal organs are necessary.

The nurse told us that he is fighting it and holding on for some reason, even though he has told us he is ready to go to heaven to be with his wife and momma.

I took 3 days off from work and now I guess we just wait..

Hello @Desirai I send lots of big, big hugs to you <3 It is a hard time for you and your family. It will be a release for him from his pain when he passes away and he will be reunited with his loved ones. His passing will come at the time when he is ready to let go. Sending many special thoughts to you and your family. These last precious times that you spend with your loved grand dad here on earth are special.
    Another hug to you <3 I am keeping you all in my thoughts.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top