Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Toddlers and seasons

Please I play the sims all the time and i would really like to see todlers back in the sims 4 and maby seasons PLEASE TODDLERS BACK ON AN UPDATE PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    AndyBrainsAndyBrains Posts: 218 Member
    Make sure you spell toddlers right, that way EA and Maxis will give toddlers and not "todlers."
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited April 2015
    I really hope toddlers are patched into before the Seasons and Pets EPs. I would love toddler interactions and outfits to be included in both those EPs. Welcome to forums.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    bevillebeville Posts: 1,151 Member
    There will be no toddlers!!
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    beville wrote: »
    Any proof on that?
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    Scobre wrote: »
    Any proof on that?

You don't see the writing on the wall?
  • Options
    Any proof on that?

So no proof, just opinion ok. Until I hear it from EA directly that they'll never be returning, I have to hope that they will. Writing on the wall, well I see this: http://thesims4blogger.tumblr.com/post/62013845250/the-sims-4-simifieds-q-a-with-simgurugrant
    "SimGuruGrant: The Sims 4 will have all of the same life stages as previous games, Baby, Toddler, Child, Teen, Young Adult, Adult, and Elder. There are no new life stages coming at this time."
    "Grant: Sims will definitely be able to own and have cars! As far as how they will function, I cannot comment on that yet. I do know that opening doors, like in The Sims 2, would require a lot from our animations team, so this may or may not happen."

Then Sims 4 budget being transferred to the game Titanfall because the Sims 4 was supposed to sell well due to brand name alone.: http://simsvip.com/2014/01/29/ea-trades-off-the-sims-4-for-titanfall/
    "The Sims is a title that can be shipped almost anytime in the year. The Sims 3 was shipped in June 2009. It can ship in the summer, in the winter, in the fall. It’s a title that have a huge following and we can always continue to develop, because much of that title is based on not just the base title, but also expansion packs. And so we’ll use the additional time to continue to develop greater expansion packs and the product.

Second, The Sims is a high-margin product, because it’s wholly-owned IP. Titanfall is obviously a product that we share the revenues and profits with Respawn. But as any of our developed titles through our partnership agreements,we typically invest in the title and expense those costs along the way.

And so for the year, the profitability of Titanfall is similar to The Sims, because we’ve already expensed the bulk of that R&D. And thus, the trade-off in profitability is equal, and we’ve found that it was a good time to shift one for the other. And so, that’s the quick story and we’re extremely excited about both Titanfall and The Sims, but we think it’s going to help make not just this year, but next year very, very strong."
  • Options
    Any proof on that?

So no proof, just opinion ok. Until I hear it from EA directly that they'll never be returning, I have to hope that they will. Writing on the wall, well I see this: http://thesims4blogger.tumblr.com/post/62013845250/the-sims-4-simifieds-q-a-with-simgurugrant
    "SimGuruGrant: The Sims 4 will have all of the same life stages as previous games, Baby, Toddler, Child, Teen, Young Adult, Adult, and Elder. There are no new life stages coming at this time."
    "Grant: Sims will definitely be able to own and have cars! As far as how they will function, I cannot comment on that yet. I do know that opening doors, like in The Sims 2, would require a lot from our animations team, so this may or may not happen."

Then Sims 4 budget being transferred to the game Titanfall because the Sims 4 was supposed to sell well due to brand name alone.: http://simsvip.com/2014/01/29/ea-trades-off-the-sims-4-for-titanfall/
    "The Sims is a title that can be shipped almost anytime in the year. The Sims 3 was shipped in June 2009. It can ship in the summer, in the winter, in the fall. It’s a title that have a huge following and we can always continue to develop, because much of that title is based on not just the base title, but also expansion packs. And so we’ll use the additional time to continue to develop greater expansion packs and the product.

Second, The Sims is a high-margin product, because it’s wholly-owned IP. Titanfall is obviously a product that we share the revenues and profits with Respawn. But as any of our developed titles through our partnership agreements,we typically invest in the title and expense those costs along the way.

And so for the year, the profitability of Titanfall is similar to The Sims, because we’ve already expensed the bulk of that R&D. And thus, the trade-off in profitability is equal, and we’ve found that it was a good time to shift one for the other. And so, that’s the quick story and we’re extremely excited about both Titanfall and The Sims, but we think it’s going to help make not just this year, but next year very, very strong."
    Hope is a good thing, but if it doesn't happen! it will crushed a lot of hearts.
  • Options
    Hope is a good thing, but if it doesn't happen! it will crushed a lot of hearts.
    Eh I figure it won't be the first time a Sims game isn't popular like Simsville, Sims Medieval, and the Urbz 2. I actually might save up for the Sims Unleashed and Sims Makin' Magic instead. Sooner I hear news back from EA, sooner I can move on from the Sims 4. No toddlers will mean I'll be content just having the base game, but I'm glad I didn't rush to get GTW after hearing things being taken away like alien chances and females getting males pregnant. I have plenty of games to keep me happy so no worries. :)<3 Mario games.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Any proof on that?

Let's keep hoping because SGLyndsay has said over and over, they never say never. It may be they have to much more to get them to work correctly and perhaps certain resources have to be there before they can do this, whether that's cash on hand, artists, developers, and programmers, it may have to be a longer project than the marketing will allow. I honestly do believe marketing tells The Sims Studio what to do next. And they have to do it. Based on the surveys marketing feels they need to conduct. And those surveys may not even include the mention of other life stages, most of the time, probably never. It is marketing's feet who needs to be held to the fire. They actually control content.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.