Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

anyone else hear meowing on the sims?

I swear I have hear meows as if a cat is near by. I know they have had several Easter eggs about pets in the game. I do not think it is my imagination.
tumblr_mvvt2iJ33k1slamnjo1_400.gif

Comments

• olyanaesmeolyanaesme Posts: 338 Member
    YES OMG IM SO GLAD IM NOT THE ONLY ONE! Yeah me too its pretty quiet but I can hear it...I hope I'm not going crazy :D
    we way too young to get old <3
  • SeptJanOctSeptJanOct Posts: 69 Member
    I thought the other night when I was playing I heard a howl, but then again it might have been my imagination.
  • mwyatt139mwyatt139 Posts: 374 Member
    I've heard howling
    Link to my Facebook feel free to friend me: https://www.facebook.com/Spiritualanddifferent
    Link to my blog: https://www.merismusings.wordpress.com
    Link to my Twitter (used mainly for promoting my blog): https://twitter.com/BridgetW1990
    Add me on Origin: mwyatt139

event.png
  • Hey just throwing it out there but your signature can cause an seizures, I just got really REALLY dizzy just looking at it.
  • MandysAMessMandysAMess Posts: 2,694 Member
    I'm pretty sure I heard dogs barking the other day but I haven't heard a meow yet, now I want to! :D
    My Simblr: WaffleKone
  • PixelsSquaredPixelsSquared Posts: 3,265 Member
    edited April 2015
    I also heard meowing along with barking/howling. There's probably a 50% chance that the next GP will be pets since there are so many hints. :p
    ypU37gD.gif
    Pricefield forever.
    Time Won't Keep Us Apart - A story.
    MTS: SimsForever15 | Origin: vba152318 | Paradox: PixelsSquared | Simblr: PixelsSquared
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    I don't play with the sound on - too annoying.
  • PinkPaws66PinkPaws66 Posts: 755 Member
    I thought I heard meows, but I wasn't sure! One of my kitties makes a lot of noise. Lol.
  • AlorapopAlorapop Posts: 903 Member
    Hey just throwing it out there but your signature can cause an seizures, I just got really REALLY dizzy just looking at it.
    I have had half seizures before. also playing computer games can cause seizures to. there is a risk of it. I also see other people with signatures that are similar. I am not the first. I will change it if I can.
    I don't play with the sound on - too annoying.
    I have to play with the sound on or i feel weird playing it. also i need to hear the doorbell, phone, baby crying

there
  • The Great Loli SummonerThe Great Loli Summoner Posts: 325 Member
    edited April 2015
    Alorapop wrote: »
    there

Thank you, I appreciate it.
    Sorry I made you change it's just, I have a history of epilepsy and the rate and color pattern of your old siggy was going made me feel really dizzy/dazed and not in a good way.
  • AyumapAyumap Posts: 3,425 Member
    I've heard the howling since 2014, meowing I haven't heard yet but I also play with shows or music on in the background. (when I do play)
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
  • Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    I play with the sound off so where would I hear these noises? Are they random? Or in certain places?
    1FKDfKj.png
  • PebblycatPebblycat Posts: 861 Member
    yep, one of my cats standing over the keyboard, blocking the screen and meowing straight at me :wink: unfortunately this happens a lot.

I haven't heard it though. I always see the red eyes when visiting the secret lots (names of them have slipped my mind!)
    My Origin ID: Pebblycat
    Visit Pebblycat's Showcase to see what I've created
  • ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    Posting in a thread about cats, because, well, cats :)
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
    Pebblycat wrote: »
    yep, one of my cats standing over the keyboard, blocking the screen and meowing straight at me :wink: unfortunately this happens a lot.

I haven't heard it though. I always see the red eyes when visiting the secret lots (names of them have slipped my mind!)

Does he/she also do those small, indecisive wanderings while blocking your view? You eventually turn your attention away from the game and the cat shrugs and walks off?
    Awake.
    The day's divinity....
  • candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    I don't hear anything must be my hearing sorry my age I guess.
  • AndiratymeAndiratyme Posts: 728 Member
    I noticed a howling, but then realized it was something about werewolves on the TV. Is your sim watching tv when you hear the meowing? It's my guess that it's something there. I have no idea what channel the Werewolf show is, but it shows up regularly when my sims watch tv on their own. I also think there's a way in the forum options (for your profile) to turn off people signatures. My husband is epileptic but that kind of thing doesn't bother him although I do have some sympathy for it. Just to save yourself commenting in the future if it happens again from someone else.
  • Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    Does it have to be at a certain volume to hear animal noises? I thought I heard a weird noise but just brushed it off lol
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
    Pebblycat wrote: »
    Does he/she also do those small, indecisive wanderings while blocking your view? You eventually turn your attention away from the game and the cat shrugs and walks off?

Lol, depending what mood she's in. I'm guessing that's what your cat does :) My cat also likes to (in no particular order):
    1. Climb on the speakers
    2. Attempt to climb monitors
    3. Consider climbing the photo frames on the wall above computer
    4. Walks on the keyboard without any care for what she's typing
    5. Will lay between the keyboard and me, with her head lying on my hand which causes me to involuntarily click. If She's feeling especially loving she'll also lick my hand at the same time
    6. Stick her head in my coffee cup
    7. Meows like no one is caring about her
    8. Bats around any object that slides easily across the desk. If it's small she'll carry it away.
    This can happen for a long time repeatedly and if this fails to grab my attention, she either walks off like you said or will attempt to sit in my lap.
    She's a crazy one, that's why she was named Skitz ;) and I'm crazy about her so I thought I'd share a photo :)

84ae1ba9-4efc-4f8d-b2e3-c11872b1da20_zpsv2otxb3e.jpg

Hopefully you all don't think I'm too crazy ;)

Yup, all of them and quite a few others as well. Gurus should be looking at this for cat behaviour. Be really useful to able to point your cat at those rude guests who come round just to play on your computer :)

You like cats, you are crazy like the rest of us ;)
    Awake.
    The day's divinity....
  • lizzielilyylizzielilyy Posts: 4,877 Member
    Andiratyme wrote: »
    I noticed a howling, but then realized it was something about werewolves on the TV. Is your sim watching tv when you hear the meowing? It's my guess that it's something there. I have no idea what channel the Werewolf show is, but it shows up regularly when my sims watch tv on their own. I also think there's a way in the forum options (for your profile) to turn off people signatures. My husband is epileptic but that kind of thing doesn't bother him although I do have some sympathy for it. Just to save yourself commenting in the future if it happens again from someone else.

The werewolves are on the horror TV channel so yes, keep an eye on whether you've just got the TV on in your sims' background. Also, did anyone else notice that Downton Abbey is the romantic comedy? I was so happy!! :')
    Gen-6-982x250-1.jpg
  • Aussie_SimmerAussie_Simmer Posts: 2,623 Member
    edited April 2015
    I don't know guys. Sims will be at E3 this year so they might make an announcement in August.

I just think also Pets wouldn't just be a game pack.
    Aussie_Simmer
  • SophieElizabethAnnSophieElizabethAnn Posts: 616 Member
    Lizzie1234 wrote: »
    Andiratyme wrote: »

The werewolves are on the horror TV channel so yes, keep an eye on whether you've just got the TV on in your sims' background. Also, did anyone else notice that Downton Abbey is the romantic comedy? I was so happy!! :')

:o:o:o I haven't noticed this and I adore DA! Oh dear. :'D I'll watch out for it next time I play! :D