Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Ravenwing History (A History Challenge story)

SnowieSnowie Posts: 441 Member
Hi everyone! I'm really enjoying this challenge and I hope that you take a look at it! All credit for creation of the challenge goes to @Cloudseeker
The link to the challenge page is here: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/829714/beta-the-sims-4-history-challenge/p1
As it says in the description of the challenge it is still in beta stage, so my playing it is helping test it out as well.

Anyway, leave a comment or like below and let me know if you decide to try this challenge too!

Prehistoric Age
Week 1: http://snowiesims.weebly.com/sims-4-stories/history-challenge-prehistoric-age-week-1
Week 2: http://snowiesims.weebly.com/sims-4-stories/history-challenge-prehistoric-age-week-2
Playing the History Challenge? Make sure you have the up-to-date rules here!
Post edited by Snowie on

Comments

• GaiaPumaGaiaPuma Posts: 2,278 Member
    It is very funny, I loled reading it! I would keep checking for news :)
  • SnowieSnowie Posts: 441 Member
    Week 2 is now up! :)
  • CloudseekerCloudseeker Posts: 353 Member
    ewright9 wrote: »
    Week 2 is now up! :)
    Very nice! Don't forget to paint a family portrait! :)
    34in38k.png
    @Cloudseeker How do I paint a family portrait? The only way I can think of is to paint the family all standing there (which will take forever getting them positioned, and will require one of the family members to not be in it because they have to paint it...). I was planning to just paint a single portrait of each Sim once they reach young adulthood and just hang them up like one big family tree.
    @ewright9 Unfortunately, until we get a better option, you'd have to get them to stand together and then Paint From Reference. But if you turn off autonomy just while you do that, it shouldn't be too difficult to get them to stand still. And remember that I defined a "family portrait" as a picture containing 2 parents and 1 child, so any one of the children could be the one who paints.

I know it's not the greatest solution, but sadly it's all we've got at the moment.
    34in38k.png
    edited April 2015
    @Cloudseeker Would it be ok if I just did individual portraits of everyone? They would all be represented in the house still...
    The game also doesn't refund painting from reference if you cancel it once you get the picture screen, so that makes it even more difficult to get a good picture of everyone together without wasting a lot of money.
    edited April 2015
    @ewright9 Well, since we're still beta testing, and whether or not you paint individual or combined portraits doesn't really matter for the purpose of beta testing, I'll say it's okay, and hopefully there will be a better method by the time I consider the challenge finished :)
    34in38k.png
    @Cloudseeker I mean, unless we can move in a "family photographer" who paints the family, then moves out right after :)
    @ewright9 Well, one of the reasons that I decided that a family portrait is just parents and one child was so that you wouldn't need to bring in an external painter :)
    34in38k.png
  • IsmelllikemintIsmelllikemint Posts: 56 Member
    I really want to read some more of this history challenge :smiley:
  • CharmingMaruskaCharmingMaruska Posts: 1,050 Member
    It's very nice. Keep writing :)
  • totalRainbowtotalRainbow Posts: 425 Member
    Super cute! I'll be following while you beta test for some tips and tricks in case I decide to play :)
    # BuildNewcrest Legacy Challenge : Rosenburg
    Forum Thread | Blog