Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Elders hundreds of years old

This is pretty minor, and I only notice it because I like to keep stats on my Sims, but whenever a Sim ages up to Elder he/she starts out at a ridiculous age in the upper hundreds or two hundreds. And whenever I play another household and return, all the Elder Sims will have aged forty or fifty Sim days. Since I play with auto aging off and aging on for only the current played household, this shouldn't be happening. My lifespan is set to "normal," but this isn't normal at all.
Julianne Lee
Simmer since 2001

Comments

• Options
    SerenaSimsySerenaSimsy Posts: 28 New Member
    Is this all your sims or just some? If an Athletic sim completes the Body Builder Aspiration, they get a "long life" trait that makes them last a VERY long time as an elder. I've also noticed that my Athletic sims that max out the fitness skill will last longer as elders too, even if they haven't completed the body builder asp.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Hello.
    If you have any mods in your game, they may be conflicting with the ages? There have been updated versions released of some mods since the last patches, so perhaps if you have mods, it would be good to check and see if there is an updated version.
    This is a link to a thread with updated mods.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/822737/updated-with-updated-mods-mods-that-arent-working-mar-26-patch
    Repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.
    Also, deleting the localthumbcache.package that is in your Documents-Electronic Arts-Sims 4 folder may help.
  • Options
    JulianneALeeJulianneALee Posts: 109 Member
    No mods when this began. And now I've got some Sims that are registering on the bar as over seven hundred days old. I began keeping independent track of a Sim's actual age, and find they generally live a reasonable lifespan. As you said, those who achieve the Body Builder aspiration lived longer than normal, but neither of mine made it past a totally reasonable 105 actual days. So it's not unrealistic longevity that's the problem, it's what the bar is telling me at any given moment. I rotate from household to household (with aging turned off for unplayed households), and when I come back to each household I find tens and hundreds of days have passed according to the Elders' bars, though nobody else has aged, aged up, or died. And the Elders who appear to have aged hundreds of days don't die any sooner than if the bar were accurately reporting actual game time. So, really, the only problem is that I have to keep independent track of an Elder's age, which is a P in the A. (I like to know how many days each Sim has lived, so I can keep track of which personalities live longest, etc. In Sims 2 nobody lived past 84, and 105 seems a perfectly normal upper end.)
    Julianne Lee
    Simmer since 2001
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I didn't realize this game actually tells us how old our Sims are. I never noticed.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    ashleyrenee210ashleyrenee210 Posts: 187 Member
    I think if you play other households it still counts those days away from your household as days that particular sim has lived which is why the count is ridiculously high even though you have aging off. I tested this because it happened in my game as well and I looked at my elder sim's age when I left their home played another household for about a week, checked back on the elder and it says that the sim was 7 days older than what it was.
    Twitter: ashleyrenee210
    Tumblr: panicitsashleyatthedisco
    Origin: ashleyrenee210
    PSN: ashleyrenee210
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Time continues in the game even when playing a different household. It will be Wed if you leave a house on Wed and go to another. It won't be a day last week. Time doesn't freeze. I play with aging off for Played Households and on for Unplayed. And I play on long life span. So non played households will be in my towns for a very long time without being culled, (hopefully)
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Hello
    Repairing the game may help to fix up the issue of the bar not showing the correct age. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

Also, try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then add back the "options.ini" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders.

Also, start a new game and test to see if the correct ages are shown for the sims in that game or not.
  • Options
    FizzstixFizzstix Posts: 990 Member
    Is this all your sims or just some? If an Athletic sim completes the Body Builder Aspiration, they get a "long life" trait that makes them last a VERY long time as an elder. I've also noticed that my Athletic sims that max out the fitness skill will last longer as elders too, even if they haven't completed the body builder asp.

I've had an active sim that completed that aspiration and even when she was an elder, she NEVER became weary from over exertion. That was pretty awesome. She could run for days on the treadmill (well, not literally, but for quite a long time considering.) She also had the gym rat reward trait.