Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you didn't know!

Comments

• kinot9229kinot9229 Posts: 528 Member
    It's great.
    I'm gonna try it in my game~
  • chantalwapachantalwapa Posts: 90 Member
    Prink34320 wrote: »
    Sims act differently depending on their emotion:

Sims tone of voice change depending on mood, when they're uncomfortable, tense or angry they their voice gets deeper, when they're bored or sad their voices are quieter and you can hear them sigh. If they're flirty, you can hear a persuading tone in their voices etc.

Sims also walk different depending on their emotion, Sims that are uncomfortable, tense or angry often stomp everywhere they walk and slam fridge doors, also complain about small things more frequently. Sims who are sad walk around like they're mopey. When they need to pee, they press their legs together, when hungry they put their hand to their belly and sometimes point into their mouth, when tired they'll micro-sleep, when unhygienic they'll smell themselves and express that they are disgusted by their own smell.

Sims tend to eat near their closest friends or family members if they're in the same room. When a Child or Teen Sim is doing their homework, there is a good chance for a non-playing Sim to help them with homework, same with NPCs in Gym Venues helping your Sims increase their Fitness Skill.

Once reaching Lv10 of the Gardening Skill you can buy the Farmer's Seed Pack which contains a chance of getting ANY plant.

This is great, it means that the gurus worked hard on the emotions and interactions.

And this thread is amazing! Bookmarked it*

Hope the gurus, with expansion packs etc, they add more interactions, situations and drama to the game :).

Simmer from Portugal
    *Waiting for StoryPogression = Much Drama Stories! Praying the gurus sharing it in a soon update!*
    Waiting also for these features to be added to our TS4: Unrequited love, Chemistry System Turn On and Offs, Fears and Wants System, Zodiac Signs and another TS2 cool features.
  • mrsnava82mrsnava82 Posts: 664 Member
    Definitely will be bookmarking this page. Did not know that the parents will say that are a stay at home parent when asked their career and they have kids. I haven't really noticed some of these things though. I'll have to check it out when I play again on my off day.
    signature.png
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Wow thank you for this thread. I learned so much that I hadn't found out yet. Going in to try the cowplant dance right now.
    egTcBMc.png
  • olyanaesmeolyanaesme Posts: 338 Member
    I just found out that lazy sims can nap ANYWHERE lol. Just sitting up in a chair, like mentioned above! :)

Also found out that aliens can actually wear clothing, without any mods/cheats, today at my aliens wedding, she wore a wedding dress :o

This page is soo amazing :D
    we way too young to get old <3
  • AmythesttAmythestt Posts: 18 Member
    edited April 2015
    Woah good to know.
    I had no idea!
    Thank you @take0nme for the info.
  • AmythesttAmythestt Posts: 18 Member
    edited April 2015
    opps ignore this post
  • cheesetruckcheesetruck Posts: 2,518 Member
    olyanaesme wrote: »
    I just found out that lazy sims can nap ANYWHERE lol. Just sitting up in a chair, like mentioned above! :)

Also found out that aliens can actually wear clothing, without any mods/cheats, today at my aliens wedding, she wore a wedding dress :o

This page is soo amazing :D

Yep! Aliens can also wear outfits that buy off a mannequin.
  • Blueboy2323Blueboy2323 Posts: 179 Member
    take0nme wrote: »
    I did not know sims could scoot into a double sized bed if its against the wall.
    WHAT?!?!

So much irritation that could have been avoided. It's like a message from the heavens. THANK YOU.
    p3herocutin0mj8n.png
  • Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    Wildling wrote: »
    Most people probably know this already, but I didn't know and found out that there are secret worlds you can visit that aren't on the map =P Forgotten Grotto, Sylvan Glade and now Sixam.
    I was so excited when I found out!

Don't forget about the Hermit's House lol
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • take0nmetake0nme Posts: 3,682 Member
    I'm so glad this thread was so useful to so many xD and that I found a little hidden gem.
    DyFJE8G.jpg
    The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Gallery ID : sharipants
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    Prink34320 wrote: »
    If you use the cheat bb.showhiddenobjects, you can see many objects that aren't usually available for your Sims to buy or make.
    I am curious... What kind of objects besides a pond and outdoor bathroom?

Some of the objects in bb.showhiddenobject aren't actually found within the game, apart from that you can literally get anything such as collection items, items your Sim can make etc.
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • SarahthewriterSarahthewriter Posts: 16 New Member
    Oh, I didn't know that about double beds against the wall. Thanks! :)
    Ghosts can be modified in CAS and can wear any clothes a Human Sim can :p
  • wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    So I just found out that certain types of showers affect[effect?] certain types of emotions.
    For example:

Steamy showers make sims flirty. Thoughtful showers make sims inspired. Brisk makes sims energetic.
    6JSxk49.png?1
  • MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    I just found out what yibsim means. One of my sims asked another to be his best friend, and I definitely heard the word. All this time, I thought it was an acronym, but I just couldn't figure out what the letters yib stood for.
  • ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    AiHaou wrote: »
    So I just found out that certain types of showers affect[effect?] certain types of emotions.
    For example:

Steamy showers make sims flirty. Thoughtful showers make sims inspired. Brisk makes sims energetic.

Get a tea maker as you can do the same with different types of tea - Pitch Black tea makes Sims focussed, for example. I won't say the others, you can experiment for yourself :)
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
    WhimsyMoon wrote: »
    One of my surprise finds, was a white trashcan with blue trim. It costs 1200 simoleans, but when you add trash to it, you get money back! It starts at about 20 back and keeps increasing the more that you use it! It's wonderful....and so odd! I love it!

It's called the Nano Trashcan I think, it gives you 10 Simoleons per Sim in your Household.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top