Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[BETA] The Sims 4 History Challenge

Comments

• SnowieSnowie Posts: 441 Member
    @ewright9 Very nice :) I'll link to it in the main post, if you don't mind :)

I don't mind at all :)

I decided to disable script mods because they were making Aria glitch out and not age up. (She was sad about her forgotten birthday but was still a kid) I ended up having to use cheats to age her into a teenager :/ Hopefully it won't be an issue again :) On the bright side, even with complications Aria still aged up before child services took her, so I think it's safe to not send kids to school as long as the life span is set to normal like it's supposed to be.

Another note on aging, it appears every time a female gets pregnant, her age freezes while she is pregnant. Meaning, even though Mary and John started out with the same life span and should have both aged into adults at the same time, Mary still has a whole week before she ages up. I'm not sure if that was a glitch due to the mods, or if that's just how the game is programmed so that females don't have a birthday mid-pregnancy.
    Playing the History Challenge? Make sure you have the up-to-date rules here!
  • Sara74469Sara74469 Posts: 513 Member
    @ewright9 I believe it was a pregnancy thing. What if your sim aged up and died while she was pregnant! Miscarriage D:
    Sara74469 wrote: »
    @ewright9 I believe it was a pregnancy thing. What if your sim aged up and died while she was pregnant! Miscarriage D:

Well female Sims can't be pregnant while they're elders, but I agree it's probably just how the game is programmed :)

@Cloudseeker On a side note, are we allowed to purchase reward traits with aspiration points? I wanted to purchase the Super Green Thumb trait for Mary but figured I should check to be sure first :)
  • CloudseekerCloudseeker Posts: 353 Member
    @ewright9 @Sara74469 indeed, the age freezing while pregnant is coded into the game. I think it should have been done differently, but we'll have to live with it, at least for now. Good to know that school can be skipped without child services snatching your kids away. Odd that script mods glitched for you though, I've never had that problem, and I usually stuff my game with mods of all kinds.
    ewright9 wrote: »
    On a side note, are we allowed to purchase reward traits with aspiration points?
    Absolutely!
    34in38k.png
  • Cookingpup99Cookingpup99 Posts: 443 Member
    edited April 2015
    Got loads of challenges to get through but will give this a try after I have waded through the lists of the others. Did you do one of these for Sims 3? I faintly recall attempting one like this for sims 3...
  • tammyjo329tammyjo329 Posts: 2,747 Member
    OK I have spent most of last night and the better part of today building early civilization lots in the ancient Egypt style to include a new library if anyone is interested. I hope you enjoy them :smiley:
    @Cookingpup99 I didn't create the one for Sims 3, but this challenge was inspired by it. I played the one for Sims 3 and really liked it, so when I didn't see one for Sims 4, I decided to make one myself.

@tammyjo329 I noticed! Very nice :)
    34in38k.png
  • Lydiaa88Lydiaa88 Posts: 173 Member
    I'd like to put out there that I have indeed uploaded the first of mine to youtube, however for some reason it isn't letting me post the link.. soo I'll just state that my youtube name is LydiaGaming.
    Type it in to youtube and my channel should be the first one that shows up :)
    @Lydiaa88 Awesome! I'll link to it in the main post :)
    34in38k.png
    @Cloudseeker Awesome ^^ Any feedback is lovely as well
    @Lydiaa88 I liked it. You are easy to listen to, and the nice thing with videos is that I can see if something in the rules is unclear or confusing without anyone needing to ask me directly :) I look forward to seeing the rest of the Let's Play :)
    34in38k.png
    @Cloudseeker I plan on posting at least one a day.. this is really fun to play.. If I am not sure about something I'll either mention it in the video, or ask here if I think about it before I record ^_^
  • GaiaPumaGaiaPuma Posts: 2,278 Member
    tammyjo329 wrote: »
    OK I have spent most of last night and the better part of today building early civilization lots in the ancient Egypt style to include a new library if anyone is interested. I hope you enjoy them :smiley:

I would like that! Will you put in the gallery?!
    @Lydiaa88 That sounds absolutely awesome :)

@GaiaPuma I saw them while I was sneaking about in the Gallery earlier today, so you should be able to get them :)
    34in38k.png
    @Lydiaa88 Hey! I just wanted to say great job with your first part of this challenge! I really enjoy this challenge because it has new goals and rules for each generation to keep it interesting.

I was counting your earnings during the video and on the first day you made $272, and on the second day you made $385. I'm in the process of uploading a scoresheet for this on the challenge page but what I did was write down all profit made from fishing, gardening, woodworking, and collecting, and added it up at the end of each day. Then at the end of each week you can add all the daily earnings up to keep track of your progress for the $50,000 goal.

As I was watching, I was thinking that I probably would have used the treasure map like you did or just sold it right away (it is something you find while collecting, after all). I did something similar with fishing, when my Sims would catch a kitchen upgrade part or some object that I couldn't use, I would just sell it and since they caught it while fishing it counts toward the $50,000 goal. I just assume that my prehistoric Sims have no idea what it is but decide to sell it :)

Honestly I would suggest selling your grill and getting a fire pit. In the rules it says to use one if you can, because the fire pit is more realistic and you can make food without spending money :) In the beginning you are also allowed $1,000 specifically for trees, rocks, bushes, etc. to decorate your lot, you just have to keep them until the next era and any left over money from the $1,000 has to be removed from your household funds.
    @ewright9 Alright! Thanks for the update.. I'll make those changes when I get back to the challenge. I already recorded the second episode so they wouldn't be taken into effect until episode 3.

I didn't know how to use the treasure map XD I didn't know if I was allowed to sell it or not so I just used it.. Win win I guess? Lol. Yeah the tree and bushes are right under 1000, I had 1000 when I started placing them and had about 100 left over? I believe?
    edited April 2015
    @Lydiaa88 No, I mean you have a $1,000 foliage and rocks budget that is separate from your $2,500. What I did was set my household funds to $1,000 first, buy trees, then set the funds to the actual starting amount which was $5,000 when I started but is now $2,500.

Edit: Oh and I forgot to tell you, if you put their phones on silent they shouldn't be on them as much. :)
    @ewright9 welll darn it, too late to fix the foliage and rocks budget now unless.. whoops. I'll put their phones on silent I am sitting here yelling at them "STOP USING YOUR DARN PHONES!"
    edited April 2015
    GaiaPuma wrote: »
    tammyjo329 wrote: »

I would like that! Will you put in the gallery?!

LOL I did just look under the #historychallenge in the gallery and you will find them :smiley:

I am getting antsy about not posting episode 2 soo I am posting it!
    lol @ Lydiaa88, I just watched episode 1 made sure to give you a like and subscribed too.
    Alrighty everyone! Episode 2 is up!
    Lydiaa88 wrote: »
    Alrighty everyone! Episode 2 is up!
    Absolutely wonderful :) And yes, your Sims are allowed to wash their hands :) In fact, they are even allowed to use a pool. There is a gorgeous public pool in the Gallery, if you don't want to put one on your home lot.
    34in38k.png
    This is my fourth Sim-weekly report! This week, Aria aged into a teenager (and didn't get taken by social services :) ), and was able to help her mother with the garden while her two younger siblings fished... but this time not with their father! No, this week we sent John out skirt chasing and he became... very close... to two young ladies; Cassandra Goth and Summer Holiday. John was coming home each night feeling very flirty, and couldn't help but give the mother of his (first) children the same attention he gave Summer and Cassandra. He did try his best with Bella Goth (because yes, he's that kind of guy), but even though her husband is too old to keep up with John without risking heart failure, she stayed true to him.
    04_26_15_6_11_PM.png

This week's income from fishing, gardening, and woodworking totaled at $13,782, with daily earnings ranging from $194 to $4,464! I'm far less concerned with the $50,000 achievement now, as I only have $5,188 left to go. John's gardening went up to level 4 this week (because Mary knew what he was up to all day and made him weed the entire garden). Mary's gardening went up to level 9 this week as she approaches the conclusion of her lifetime wish. Aria got her fishing up to level 9 this week, and her gardening up to level 2. Apparently at some point (while I was busy overseeing John wooing young women) Aria got hungry and was eaten by Mary's Cowplant. Luckily, it spat her back out. Lily is following her sister's path and is now at level 8 fishing, and will be aging into a teenager at any moment! Little Simon has just barely maxed his mental skill, and will be learning the fishing skill in the upcoming week! Sometime during their frolicking, Mary got pregnant (AGAIN) and will be giving birth to a new family member (or two... I just have this feeling) next week.

Next week we will hopefully be finishing up with John getting ladies around town pregnant, and Mary will be honing her handiness and fishing skills to meet that goal. Happy Simming!

Note: I am using my own "rules" regarding woohooing in the prehistoric age. These rules are that Sims cannot just woohoo, they have to "try for baby" every time. Also, my Sims cannot take pregnancy tests, they have to figure it out the "natural" way :)
    @ewright9 Very nice report. Looks like things are going swimmingly for you :) Watch out for that cowplant though, wouldn't want anyone to become dinner :p
    34in38k.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top