Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The 10acy Challenge (Beta) Trait Chart Updated 7/21/17

sunnyshaysunnyshay Posts: 2,927 Member
The Tenacy ( Pronounced "Tennessee") is challenge I developed through my boredom with my sims game. It started out initially as just a trait points sheet to use on my own sims and force me to use traits I probably wouldn't even think of using. It eventually developed into my take on a whimacy. It's a simple challenge, not heavily reliant on score as of yet. It can be played as a legacy or a single lifetime challenge.

It's still pretty much in its BETA phase, so any input would be useful.
17233766746_5480c944a7_c.jpg

OBJECT
Level-up & Complete their lifetime aspiration by only fulfilling your sims needs and whims.

Complete sims lifetime aspiration while keeping the happy by only fulfilling their needs, whims and generational tasks.

SETUP
Choose Short or Normal Lifespan. Long Lifespan not allowed.

Create your sim. Must be a Young Adult. Choose Aspiration & Traits using the Chart below.

***CHART Updated (7/21/2017)
8D1iEWT.jpg?1

You must choose a combination that adds up to exactly 10 points.

17259969895_fdc5a7145a_z.jpg

Choose wisely.

Tip:If you want to still be able to choose traits at random and still be able use the chart above, you can use the customize-able trait generator at creatarandomsim.com. It's best to customize according to the point bracket.

Legacy (7/15/16):

19533846209_05475e9803_o.jpg

Use the generational sheet to determine the current generation’s criteria. You cannot do selected criteria more than once. That is what you choose for the current generation can only be done for that generation. You have to select a different criteria for each generation. The only exception is career choice.

CAREER
  1. Self-Employed – Choose 1 of the following: Photographer, Musician, Painter, Author, Gardener, Fishersim, Treasure Hunter, Pro Gamer, Stand-up Comedian, Programmer, Space Explorer, Hacker, Socialite*, Remedy Brewer (OR), Shop Owner (OTW)
  2. Employed – Any job listed on the phone

*Socialite host parties and sell the rewards.

RELATIONSHIP

1. Single – Never get married.*
2. Married
3. Married to the help – Marry a working sim; maid, bartender, gardener, etc.
4. Second Chance – Break up with first love. Find a different partner.
5. Love at 1st Sight – Marry the first sim you meet.**
6. Polyamory – Live in with 2 or more partners at the same time.
7. Same Love – Marry a sim of the same gender.
8. Shack Up – Live together but no marriage.
9. Love Both Ways – Have 1 partner of each gender or species (OTW)
10. Late Bloomer – No marriage until Adult stage is reached.

*You may have a child but the other parent cannot stay. If you sim is male, the female can live in until she’s given birth. After that, she must leave.

**The preference is up to you. It could be the first opposite gender or same gender.

Children

Adoption is allowed, but only after your sim reaches adult stage. If you choose "same love", you can adopt any time.

GENERATIONAL GOAL

1. Deadbeat – After the baby ages up, neglect them.
2. Slacker – Make no attempt to advance in your career.
3. Top of the field – Make it to the top of your career.
4. Party! – Have a part every time 20 whims.
5. Bully-Get into a fight every 20 whims.
6. Health nut – No junk food.
7. Hobbyist – Pick a non-career related hobby. You may not use it to make money
8. Precious Collection – Collect unique items every 10 whims. Display them in a special area.
9. BFF-Child heir finds one friend and maintains friendship from childhood to death.
10. Rebuild – Demolish current lot and build a bigger or smaller home than the current one.

RULES
  1. Don’t do anything your sim doesn’t have a whim for.
  2. No cancelling whims. The exception being every time you complete 5 whims, you'll be allowed to cancel 1 whim.
  3. No cheating. The following is not allowed:
    • Cheat Codes
    • Book of Life
    • Ambrosia
    • Emotional Auras, any object that indirectly affects mood.
    • Potions
    • Restarting After Bad Events
    • Life/Age Extenders
    • No Resurrection of sim
  4. No changes can be made after your sim leaves the CAS.
  5. No changing the current aspiration.
  6. No satisfaction points can be used.
  7. If you move a sim move in, delete any funds they bring to the household. The exception is Fortune Aspiration.

GAMEPLAY
You can purchase objects that help actively put you sim in a particular mood. Active object means an object that your sim has to interact with to get in a mood.
Example: A snob sim needs to critique stuff, so it would be wise to purchase a painting.

*Update: 4/25: You can only do actions that fulfill your sims whims and wishes. Otherwise, let them act autonomously. The only exceptions would be when their needs are depleted (orange/red) and any interactions with mailbox.

*Added 4/25:You may lock in your sim's wish.

You are granted complete control of sim's social interaction if sim wishes to make a friend or enemy with no one specifically. This means you can also introduce your sim to anyone on the current lot.

You may woohoo if this sim wishes for it and it must be with a familiar sim who has a romantic relationship bar with.

You do not have to a complete a whim if there is no way to do so. Wait until new wishes are rolled.
Example: Sim wishes to dance but the sim doesn’t own nor wish to own one nor does Sim wish to go a lounge or nightclub to dance. *Wish stacking is very important.

*Update: 4/25:Fill needs ONLY if they have an orange or red need moodlet. When a need is red it takes precedence over everything.

*Update: 7/16:For every 10 whims you fulfill, you have until that sim sleeps to do whatever you please. After the sim goes to sleep, it’s back to following your sims whims.

For every 100 whims you fulfill, you will be allow to take full control of your sim for 24 in-game hours.

Move objects that are in your sims way but you may not order them to clean if they don't wish for it or do it autonomously.

Work on any job related task and requirement if your sim wishes for a job promotion.

You are allowed to have your sim perform actions that help bring certain emotions if you sim wishes.
Example: Sim wishes to be energized for work. You can have them take an energizing shower.

Let your sim choose their mate. Choosing a mate, marriage and interact romantically with another sim is strictly prohibited unless the sim wishes for such.

Try for baby only if your sim wishes for it. If they don’t wish for one, you can’t have one.

You may only help your sim skill level up if they have a Level up {skill} wish.

*Added: 4/25:If another sim visits you sims lot, you can invite them in. However, all interactions with the visiting sim must remain autonomous unless your sim wishes for a certain interaction.

When your sim wishes for a job promotion, lock it and work on any skill or task related to sim's career.

If an item breaks, do not repair it if the sims has no wish to repair it. If they don’t, buy a replacement.

*Update: 4/25:Once you've made 4,000 satisfaction points, you may use them. Spending aspiration points on a extra traits is allowed. Purchasing potions is not allowed.

If you’re playing generational, the criteria for choosing an heir is up to you.

You can change lots at any time.

You may not control any other sim in your household. 

Scoring

For challenge: If you fail to complete your aspiration, you fail the challenge.

For legacy Updated 7/15: If your sim completes their aspiration, you can deduct 1 point from the aspiration section of the point sheet for your chosen heir and add the extra point to the traits section. Also if you complete every generational criteria, you can deduct 1 point from the aspiration section.

I hope you guys would try it out, I'd surely love some feedback. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Happy Gaming.
Origin ID: Shar1W
Post edited by sunnyshay on

Comments

• CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    Oh, this sounds like so much fun! I've got a full slate of games/stories right now, but this is on the short list for when something opens up!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • dougsbaby12dougsbaby12 Posts: 894 Member
    This sounds like a cool challenge. I am going try this out and document it. Since I'm taking away one of my stories. I will do it as a lifetime challenge and document. Oh so excited.
    [img][/img]Untitled-3_zpselth0dwg.jpg
    YouTube Channel: Manda Sim Tales
  • sunnyshaysunnyshay Posts: 2,927 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »
    Oh, this sounds like so much fun! I've got a full slate of games/stories right now, but this is on the short list for when something opens up!

I know you have a lot of stuff. I have to play it on a different user profile. But its interesting seeing how different it seems without me have any control over them.

sunnyshay wrote: »
    But its interesting seeing how different it seems without me have any control over them.

Yeah, that's what interests me about it--plus the whimacy component, which I've been wanting to try. I've got a game or two that I use minimal control with the Sims. It's really so fun just to see what they choose to do!

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • FloorRaisinFloorRaisin Posts: 1,340 Member
    I'm gonna try this (maybe with a spare so I don't get completely off track, but soon!) and let you know how it goes. :D

The Wolff Legacy - whattheplum.wordpress.com - Latest update: Forward, Fast
    CathyTea wrote: »
    But its interesting seeing how different it seems without me have any control over them.

Yeah, that's what interests me about it--plus the whimacy component, which I've been wanting to try. I've got a game or two that I use minimal control with the Sims. It's really so fun just to see what they choose to do!

I know. On my first test run, I found myself talking to sim, I kept asking "Don't you want to have kids?" LOL and then reality set in, I was talking to my computer and everyone looked at me like I was crazy.
    I'm gonna try this (maybe with a spare so I don't get completely off track, but soon!) and let you know how it goes. :D

Yeah, you can just move the spare to another household, if they aren't in one already. I don't think it has any effect on the other households.
    Ok, so I think I know how I can fit in a variation on this! When Jack Bivouac finishes the "Mooch Off Your Neighbor" challenge, his plan is to open up Bivouac's Fancy Halfway House, and that might just be great for this! I wouldn't be able to choose the traits, and I think there would be around six Sims living in the house, but I could try it with that. It would also be a cool spin-off for the gen 5 Bough girls (but I'm trying not to start new games at the moment).

@FloorRaisin - which spare do you think you might try this with?

• FloorRaisinFloorRaisin Posts: 1,340 Member
    edited April 2015
    @CathyTea - I'm not sure who the spares are yet. :) Pretty close to, though. (I kinda modified my Living Will succession to change guard on Elder birthday instead of death to give my elders some free time before they keel over.)

edit: That is, assuming they work out personality-wise re: the 10 points thing - I'll know soon.
    The Wolff Legacy - whattheplum.wordpress.com - Latest update: Forward, Fast
    @FloorRaisin Speaking from experience, it's best to just start with a new sim. But if you must use a spare, find one with the most days left. It may be easier with 20 whim rule, though. Haven't tried that yet.
    Did a little testing today (Posting that next) and have made some tweaks to the game play.

First the updated rules:
    • You can only do actions that fulfill your sims whims and wishes. Otherwise, let them act autonomously. The only exceptions would be when their needs are depleted (orange/red) and any interactions with mailbox.
    • Once you've made 4,000 satisfaction points, you may use them. Spending aspiration points on a extra traits is allowed. Purchasing potions is not allowed.
    • Fill needs ONLY if they have an orange or red need moodlet.
    • If another sim visits you sims lot, you can invite them in. However, all interactions with the visiting sim must remain autonomous unless your sim wishes for a certain interaction.

New additional rule:
    1. You may lock in your sim's wish.

Happy gaming.
    edited April 2015
    All right, I've completed half of my sim's young adulthood. Here's what I've done so far.

Play journal:

17268872382_0248693cd3_z.jpg

Meet Ren Tenny. Perfectionist, food, slob with a Big Happy Family aspiration. His appearance is completely random, I'm more concerned with play than how they look.

17268868172_b292ea1b3b_z.jpg

Day 1: Nothing. He just ate. Whims complete: 0

Day 2: Had a wish to buy a toy, I got him some clay; it Inspires sims. Because of that he wished to go the the museum. Goody, I can't stand a hermit sim. He met some people, no friends yet. Bought him back home, he cooked and wished to go out to the museum again. This time I took him to the Willow Creek museum. There he met Tessa Ten (my previous test sim). They were fast friends. Whims completed: 13

16650387493_813de94802_c.jpg

Day 3: Bought him an easel. Planted some sage (those will die, they alway do). Gave him 1x1 pool, he-um-swam? Tessa visited. I hit the first 20 whims, took that opportunity to level up on his aspiration by spending 1,000 simoeleons on kids stuff. Got a Victorian Doll House. And finally got him to clean. Whim completed: 14

17063188937_d90f966ec8_c.jpg

Day 4: I went to sleep. Yes, I'm talking about myself, not the sim. He got a promotion anyway. Whims completes: 6

16650367893_cc4cb04ea3_c.jpg

Day 5: Tessa came by for a swim. He went to the gym. I guess sports tv got him in the mood for some pump action. He made another friend named Kian Cornett. Talked to some other sims, but no more new friends. The 40th whim was completed but I completely missed it. I don't think I'd had enough time to do anything with it anyway. Upgrade the pool. Whims completed: 12

16650414123_66b42df2e7_c.jpg

Day 6: Tessa came by (again). Kian made his first visit. Fridge broke. Whims completed: 13

17270573315_37a36ffe4c_c.jpg

Day 7: I let him do whatever he wanted. Full autonomy for the work day. Made him work hard at work, returned home tense. Hit 60th whim, he was at half energy. I made him clean the house. Whims completed: 2

Day 8: I let him sleep in. It was a work day. He was low in the Fun needs, so he watched tv. Couldn't do much since the day started late and again it was a work day. Whims completed: 3

17084421479_e4de00856a_c.jpg

Day 9: He still hasn't recovered from working hard the other day. He's still tense. Spent a good amount of time in the mirror, calming himself. Too tired to do anything, so I let him watch tv. Whims completed: 8

Day 10: Not sleeping enough to completely fill his energy bar. Full autonomy, sometimes sims are better at regenerating themselves than you are. He went to work in a good mood and got promoted to Caterer. Whims completed: 2

17063246837_7a53b18aff_h.jpg

Total whims completed: 73

Thoughts: I would have never chosen the slob trait for my sim. I don't care much for a messy environment. But for this challenge I found it to be a benefit, my last 2 test sims spent a great amount of time uncomfortable. Sims aren't the neatest bunch, they don't look after they're environment unless they have the proper traits or when the junk gets to unbearable for them. And if it gets down to that, they'll do the bare minimum.

17084377079_264303452c_c.jpg

Ren has only completed 1 level of his aspiration. That's actually impressive, but all he had to go was by an expensive toy and be an adult. The 2nd level is a lot more challenging and so far, he's done nothing to complete even 1 task. I prefer for him to find his own mate but the opportunities are few. And when he comes across one, he's a bit gun shy. I'm about 27 whims away from 100. If you he doesn't find somebody or bust a move on Tessa by then, I may be forced to take matters into my own hands.
    Regarding romance, I found the same in my nearly full-autonomy game (which is the Hippies game) --and that is, autonomously, my Sims just didn't flirt or engage in romantic behavior--or even roll whims for that! Perhaps the latest patch has changed that; I haven't played the household much since the patch came out. My autonomous Sims are pretty good at keeping the house clean. Your photos of the kitchen made me laugh!

The most amazing autonomous Sim I've had in a game has been @Megg87 's Aya Ikeda. She works out, programs, gets penpals, and moves up in her aspiration (body-builder) autonomously. She's always doing something productive!

It was really fun to read about your adventures, Sunny!

edited April 2015
    @CathyTea His only real problem is that he's a slob. Otherwise he's pretty productive, he just doesn't clean. Also, does the foodie trait cause a sim to eat even when full?

I actually got a kick out of the pool, it's so funny to see them swim laps or sit around it.

The autonomous romance thing tricky. My first test sim flirted autonomously but the sim he had his eye didn't like him back. I think that maybe the environment and the drinks had a lot to do with that. He didn't wish to go out to the lounge again but he always wished for woohoo. So when I reached the 100 whims, I had him marry the one of his lady sim friends instead. So, I'm not sure how it works, I hope Ren somehow falls in love with Tessa (she's the sim pictured on the first page.), things would be a lot easier.
    Also, does the foodie trait cause a sim to eat even when full?

You know what? I'm wondering if there's a glitch that's causing our Sims to eat when full. I've never had this happen before--not even with gluttons (and I've played two) or foodies (and I've played around 3 or 4). But last night and tonight, lots of my Sims--kids and adults--were eating when full. Makes me nervous because I remember in TS2 how quickly Sims would gain weight if they overate. So, I'm trying to be vigilant and cancel the action. This will be a tough one for autonomous games like yours!

I figured since mine is fat already, he can eat all he wants. He's just going to watch sports and wish to go to the gym anyway. lol

I've tested it about 3x and I've noticed that the first skill a sim always wants to improve on is cooking.
    Play Journal 4/26/14

Day 11:It was a day in which wishes that could have greatly advanced the cause had to be missed. First, he tot wish to have a drink at the lounge but work was an hour away. (Plum on it!). Later, he gets an opportunity to boldly flirt with somebody. But it was past midnight and he's stuck at home. At least the cookies he baked were excellent.

Whims completed: 5

Day 12: Hit 80 whims. Because I've learned my lesson from last time, I hired a maid for the day. Them I packed him a lunch for his day out at the Rattlesnake Juice. He needed to get his mixologist skill up to Level 2.

17088683957_e5efc09ca1_c.jpg

He met Alex Goth (great job of not giving him that mohawk, game) who is a bartender in this save. He also got to make friends with the girl I've been considering as a potential mate, Kaylynn Hurmonson. Not forcing anything but if he wishes to boldly flirt again and she's in the vicinity, then what do you suppose I'll do? :p

17109909419_f8e6f3fca8_c.jpg

Whims completed: 16

Day 13: Slept in from being up all night. Kaylynn stopped by and cleaned (this is why I like her). He got a bit of confidence and wanted to practices pick-up lines in the mirror. (Please stay, Kay). Unfortunately, he did not wish to pick-up anybody after that. (Plum you!) I hit 100 whims, so tomorrow I'm taking over.

17294268552_3a258ee95b_c.jpg

Whims completed: 8

Day 14: Today I have complete control of my friend Ren. I sent him to a highly social area where somebody is going to be loved up on, the club. But instead of forcing anything on him, I choose a little liquid encouragement in the form of Cupid Juice.

17108529130_e15b1e3fd6_c.jpg

Nothing notable happened but he did get flirty with Olivia Spencer-Kim-Lewis (Why the plum does she have 3 names?)

16673611964_3e735cd270_c.jpg

Whims completed: 4

Day 15: Nothing happened. Slept in too late. He woke-up an hour before work started and there wasn't enough time to complete many whims.

Whims completed: 3

Day 16: Got inspire, went to museum and grilled burgers.

17108507440_1d1fc7242a_c.jpg

Whims completed: 4

Day 17: For some reason Ren's friends haven't been coming by. And since there was no wish to go out, he just did what he always did: cook all day. And when he wasn't cooking, he was napping. After that he went to work and got promoted to mixologist. Congrats, Renny. Now when are we going to get those babies?

Whims completed: 5

Day 18: Hit 120 whims. So, you know what that means. I called a maid. Had him shower and had him take the day off. I was going to try the nudging again but without the liquid courage (useless swill). I had him go out to the museum and hoped for luck. None found. Then I took him to the lounge, a bit of hope arise when Kaylynn arrived in the area. He wished to give someone a hug and I had him call her over. He was in the lodge while she was on the sidewalk in the farthest corner of the lot. Needless to say, I had my fingers crossed that his whim wouldn't change before she got to him. It didn't, thank goodness.

17108283508_40549e717b_c.jpg

The wish was for a hug, but I had him embrace her instead. It counts all the same. His birthday is coming soon so I have no time for him to figure it out on his own at this point.

Whims completed: 7

16673568474_e9453d0f51_c.jpg

Day 19: Another long night, another day of sleep. His friends finally decided to come back, they hung water hole side most of the day. And Kaylynn even stopped by. Nothing happened. Typical.

Whims completed: 13

17296147175_55e5ba5e56_c.jpg

Day 20: Today is Ren's birthday. And we're no further along than we were 10 days ago. But at least there was cake. The crew came by to wish him well, including Kaylynn.

17295535071_eeb2ac7f52_c.jpg

I hit 140 and did my best to nudge Ren closer to her but the environment (pig pen) seems to stifle the romance from progressing. Maybe this is as far as it'll go. We got to get started soon, Ren.

Whims completed: 9

Total Whims completed: 145

17270430996_6e3d2ce03c_c.jpg

Thoughts: I really hit a hump at this point. Ren is now an adult and hasn't even started level 2 of his aspiration. Part of starting a family is have someone to start it with and the only thing Ren seems to have a hankering for is buying toys. Now with the last test, I went on ahead and got my sim a spouse. But this time around I wanted to see if the sim would be willing to go find his own mate. Apparently, this one is not nor is he wishing to adopt even. And because of this I'm going to have to for the issue once I reach 160.
  • PebblycatPebblycat Posts: 861 Member
    I've bookmarked this challenge, looks interesting. Might be the next one I try :)
    My Origin ID: Pebblycat
    Visit Pebblycat's Showcase to see what I've created
    Fun to read about your experiences! In my games, I usually let my Sims initiate the romances and pick their spouses, so I spend A LOT of time waiting around like you did here!

edited April 2015
    @sunnyshay Ok I only have questions. Can we get our sim a job or do they have to have a whim for it before we can?
    So if they have a whim to meet someone new and our at home can I have them introduce themselves to some one walking on the sidewalk?
    Post edited by dougsbaby12 on
    @sunnyshay Ok I only have questions. Can we get our sim a job or do they have to have a whim for it before we can?
    So if they have a whim to meet someone new and our at home can I have them introduce themselves to some one walking on the sidewalk?

You have to wait for the whim or you can wait until you 20 whims. Every 20 whims, you can do what you want until they go to sleep.

You have to wait for the whim or you can wait until you 20 whims. Every 20 whims, you can do what you want until they go to sleep.

@dougsbaby12 No problem. Have fun.

@CathyTea I hope it happens before he dies. I got him to flirt a bit hopefully he'll start doing that on his own.

@CathyTea I hope it happens before he dies. I got him to flirt a bit hopefully he'll start doing that on his own.

Are you hoping this will be a multi-generation game?

Sometimes, I've had luck with a steamy shower--not sure if that will fit with your whim-rules... His eyes sure make it look like he likes Kaylynn!

Oh, he likes her but she's a neat sim so being in that house makes it hard for her to feel anything other than discomfort. In other places she's very receptive.
    @CathyTea How long did it take for your hippie sim to find a mate?