Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Errors, Help!

I have recently bought a new macbook pro. I have been trying to install sims for like three days now(which is how long i've had the computer). I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game at least 15 times by now, the first few times I just used the uninstaller but the past couple I have manually wiped all traces of it from my computer. I have looked at every forum that I can find. Here is my problem.

Every time I try to play I either get "Unknown Error Occurred" before the launcher comes up, and i've already tried bypassing the launcher, when I do that it just won't load. Or I get to the launcher and click play, but it says "Connot Start Game Process" or something like that. I've been trying to figure this out for a really long time and I'm very aggravated with sims and my computer, all I want to do is play.

I have tried chatting with ea support, but I can't get through. Last night I waited for about two hours before giving up.
Does anyone know what my problem is

And just incase it means anything. I am currently running OS X Yosemite 10.10.3

Comments

• BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    Which Mac? Which EPs and SPs?
    apple-signature.png
  • chawittechawitte Posts: 8 New Member
    What do you mean by which mac, macbook pro if thats what you meant. I currently have no packs because I uninstalled all of them. The ones I'm trying to have are High End Loft Stuff, Pets, and Late Night.
    Which MacBook pro? 13" or 15"? Retina or non-retina? Click on the Apple icon, top left of your screen and select About This Mac. Please provide the info it gives you (apart from the serial number).

After you installed the base game did you download and install the super patch to bring the game up to date?
    apple-signature.png
    MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015)
    2.7 GHz Intel Core i5
    8 GB 1867 MHz DDR3
    Intel Iris Graphics 6100 1536 MB
    The Intel Iris graphics aren't supported by the game unfortunately. But this shouldn't be a reason for your game not working.

Try downloading the game again from Origin. Your download may have been corrupted. Then patch it like I recommended in my previous post. However, because of your graphics you will encounter graphical issues in game. You can try this workaround to see if it helps.
    apple-signature.png
    I have installed and run the patch. The error i'm getting now is "Disc Authentication Failure"

I don't have a disc because I got my game from codes for origin. Also, i know it's not a faulty code, because it worked on my old computer and my sisters computer
    And you've deleted all traces of the game and Origin from your Mac, redownloaded and reinstalled?
    apple-signature.png
    Yes. Many times
    I can
    try reinstalling origin again
    It didn't work. I uninstalled and reinstalled everything again, and ran the patch, and it still isn't working
  • caspinwallcaspinwall Posts: 916 Member
    I've come across this before at HQ - players getting the Disc Authentication error even though they'd never had a disc and only used digital downloads. Sometimes it seemed to be because the wrong patch has been applied but in other cases it was completely inexplicable and only seemed to be fixable by contacting EA customer services to get them to supply a new code. It was weird.
    GeneralSig_SF_03.png
    How do I do that?