Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What CAN be done to fix TS4?

Comments

• Options
    SarahsShadySarahsShady Posts: 963 Member
    Teen Sims looking like teenagers, Toddlers!, More baby interactions, Bigger neighborhoods. We should have more traits, GTW didn't include any? and added a whole 4 lots.. eh. Memories, Family Trees.
    giphy.gif

Please Bring Back Toddlers, Realistic Teenagers and Create a World.
    Make the Sims (4) Great Again<3

• Options
    seesharpsurrealseesharpsurreal Posts: 1 New Member
    Pets.
  • Options
    MattyMatty Posts: 113 Member
    > @Ayumap said:
    > Mostly posting to say I do believe open neighborhoods(not worlds) actually CAN be done with the Sims 4 without redoing the entire game.
    >
    > Houses already render all objects inside of them and even have radios and tvs playing when you zoom in close to a window where one is located. (Rendering inside is from what gurus said "determined by your personal settings" but this just shows that it's already working)
    >
    > So what other known issues are there? They claim that the more open lots you have (atm just one) the less sims that will spawn to walk around the neighborhood. Now, that problem is one that they created but it's not unchangeable. The game only spawns up to 20 unplayed sims in an area at a time. This is a limit that is set in the code but that can be changed. You can even use cheats (not mods) to increase household members to 200 and have them use the neighborhood. (Of course, that's far too many - it's just to prove a point).
    >
    > The excuse used is that open neighborhoods will affect the amount of people walking around a neighborhood and performance. Add options for users to set how many sims will use a neighborhood, house rendering, and let us determine how many people are living on our lots and I don't think this will be an issue.
    >
    > (If someone has more proof of why open neighborhoods (not worlds) can't be possible, please do share. Other wise I don't see why this can't be added to this list of what players want. At the end of the day we don't work at EA, so let them decide. They should at least know that it's something that a great amount of players want.)
    >
    > **So what do I want from the Sims 4?
    > 1.)Open neighborhoods - not open world, but open neighborhoods. The ability to freely visit neighbors or places (museum,club,library, ect) without a loading screen.
    > 2.)Baby Sitters (npcs that come to the house while your sim is there)
    > 3.)Teen jobs for YA,A,E (meaning everyone can get those part time jobs)
    > 4.)More ethnic hair styles
    > 5.)Restaurants
    > 6.)Arcade (Or just a lot type for teens to hang out/more teen activities)
    > 7.)Toddlers
    > 8.)The ability to at least change/choose baby clothes
    > 9.)Basements and attics
    > 10.)Game systems
    > 11.)Family Trees
    > 12.)More family tags available/in cas (cousins,step sibilings, step parents, ect)
    > 13.More traits - not necessarily more trait spots.
    > 14.)Handiness / botanist / fishing careers and/or more profitable ways to make money from these skills from home.
    > 15.)More woodworking objects to craft
    > 16.)More options with Sim toys (dialogue)
    > 17.)Ability to feed and clean tanks of frogs,fish, aliens
    > 18.)Add ability to stop sim creation for townies (No more game generated townies)
    > - Make mandatory sim slots for bartenders, maids, mailmen ect that won't be deleted but can be edited.
    >
    > Anything more I think is fine (for me) to come out in an expansion, stuff pack, or game pack.
    > 1.)Open for Business
    > 2.)Pets
    > 3.)Seasons
    > 4.)Supernatural
    > 5.)More building tools / styles. I want to build homes from around the world in better detail
    > 6.)Something other than plants and fishing in the hidden lots
    >
    >
    I agree with pretty much all of that especially the open neighborhoods, toddlers, restaurants, and a supernatural expansion pack
    6433549e000fa024e66df56c1a82cca2.jpg
  • Options
    FreakoidFreakoid Posts: 60 Member
    Fix the "Stopped Responding" errors
    tumblr_n902xqX7XB1rtikrio1_500.gif

Happy Simming!!!
  • Options
    mwyatt139mwyatt139 Posts: 374 Member
    edited April 2015
    I've come to accept open worlds won't be a thing but open neighborhoods I can agree on. But remember TS3 had one big open world. If there could be an open world like how you can choose a world to play in. That world as long as you are in it, will be open

And I also want to have more interactive careers, other than doctor, detective, and scientist. Either you make it or make it so we can pick and choose which careers we want interactive. I was hoping the secret agent would be interactive at some point
    Link to my Facebook feel free to friend me: https://www.facebook.com/Spiritualanddifferent
    Link to my blog: https://www.merismusings.wordpress.com
    Link to my Twitter (used mainly for promoting my blog): https://twitter.com/BridgetW1990
    Add me on Origin: mwyatt139

event.png
  • Options
    QueenNiseyQueenNisey Posts: 21 Member
    Agree about the platinum plumbob. And yes, I want my teens to look like teens. What is the point of having teens if they are identical to YA aside from going to school? I really miss the way the teens were in TS2
  • Options
    pinoche29pinoche29 Posts: 1 New Member
    I can't read the 37 pages of this subject, I guess some other users have said it, but it really needs to be done : PLEASE EA, put toddlers back for god sake !! And Story progression.

Medical career allows us to help give birth to pregnant woman and determine the gender of the baby except that : THERE'S NO PREGNANT WOMAN naturally genered by the game (or barely, and/or unknown ones). Our sims can't have nephews/nieces, if we don't play with the whole family once they're grown ups. It makes Sims 4 really less interresting then Sims 3.
    For the first time I'm playing more with the older version of the game than with the lastest, because it feels like we can't do anything we want with our sims, not even make them move out of the house, my sims divorced and I had to find a sims to make the ex-wife friend with, to finally be able to make her move out with him just to get rid of her. :( :(

:( :( But I miss toddlers the most, that was my absolute favorite part of the game, and I didn't think just for one minute that they could plan on removing it.
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    I too have come to expect that open world or neighborhoods are not possible or that create a style is a thing of the past,then again I came to realize that for some odd reason I am about 70 bucks richer and EA is 70 bucks poorer.

katyperry-gifs-wink_zps33t8xzlc.gif
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    lingie88lingie88 Posts: 2 New Member
    i agree with eerything while i do enjoy playing TS4, there is a lot missing i want toddlers back and bunkbeds haha they were fab to have if you had twins of the same sex i also want more in the vaction part and retail part too (definately more the four slots) and pets would be great to have again too so that i can recreate my crazy cat lady who lives next door to the crazy dog lady haha
  • Options
    lingie88lingie88 Posts: 2 New Member
    thats another thing i want to be able to put fish in the fridge again
  • Options
    SmokeyBearzSmokeyBearz Posts: 1,138 Member
    Give us sleeping bags and bead curtains. Give us the ability to purchase the newspapers that are on the street corner. Make tv programs with schedules and episodes, maybe even a tv guide. Put back the old land line phones, at least as decorations. Make the computers upgradeable. Give us multiple display monitors for our pcs. Give us laptops! Put back the Fears alongside the Whims. Don't hold back on new animations and voices. Give us the ability to 'jog here'. Give us a reasonably sized microscope. Yoga yoga yoga. Why no photography and baking skill? Make up new skills, such as knitting, figurine painting, jewelry making and drawing cartoons. Come up with a new jobs every other month. Give us sports to practice, we're getting bored at home ; skateboarding, rollerblading, kite running, hacky sack, basketball, soccer and biking. Make the beds comfort level upgradeable. Design more fabric patterns and color swatches (matching this time). Give us back the 'goose' interaction. Make it so we can save outfits for future use in Styled Looks. Maybe a Ouija board so we can summon ghosts? Make the coffee coarser, so we gain more energy from it. Introduce crushes. Make an 'exfoliate' interaction to increase the chances of being someone's crush. More video games titles. Make more venues ; bowling alley, comic book store, cinema, coffee shop, community art centers. And the list could go on...
  • Options
    Ulfric_GrimbrandUlfric_Grimbrand Posts: 681 Member
    @FusionFang7 (A couple good ideas I didn't want you to miss in @SmokeyBearz list
    Give us sleeping bags and bead curtains. Give us the ability to purchase the newspapers that are on the street corner. Make tv programs with schedules and episodes, maybe even a tv guide. Put back the old land line phones, at least as decorations. Make the computers upgradeable. Give us multiple display monitors for our pcs. Give us laptops! Put back the Fears alongside the Whims. Don't hold back on new animations and voices. Give us the ability to 'jog here'. Give us a reasonably sized microscope. Yoga yoga yoga. Why no photography and baking skill? Make up new skills, such as knitting, figurine painting, jewelry making and drawing cartoons. Come up with a new jobs every other month. Give us sports to practice, we're getting bored at home ; skateboarding, rollerblading, kite running, hacky sack, basketball, soccer and biking. Make the beds comfort level upgradeable. Design more fabric patterns and color swatches (matching this time). Give us back the 'goose' interaction. Make it so we can save outfits for future use in Styled Looks. Maybe a Ouija board so we can summon ghosts? Make the coffee coarser, so we gain more energy from it. Introduce crushes. Make an 'exfoliate' interaction to increase the chances of being someone's crush. More video games titles. Make more venues ; bowling alley, comic book store, cinema, coffee shop, community art centers. And the list could go on...

@SmokeyBearz Photography and Baking Skills are in GTW, but for some reason, they capped Photography at level 5. I like the Ouija board idea, or at least "something" that could summon ghosts. Perhaps if they do a Halloween type pack like they did the Holiday pack. Long time to wait, but, okay.

• Options
    JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member

Yes, yes, and more yes! Especially the one I put in bold. THAT would be awesome!! :D
  • Options
    Capt_OdeeCapt_Odee Posts: 70 Member
    > @Ciech said:
    > *More advanced CAS sliders.
    > *Girlfriend / boyfriend / fiancé options in CAS when selecting relations.
    > *Vets career with the Pets expansion.
    > *Yoga (TS2 style)

Reading my mind, eh? +10 stars to these
  • Options
    > @ZSims601 said:
    > Sorry for commenting so much, lol. But a cinema that isn't a rabbit hole would be amazing, that would be my favourite place to take my Sims on dates.

You need to post a SEIZURE warning with that video in your sig
  • Options
    More lot options, so we can use those wonderful CC builds with Go to Work! Something like a replace building/office button?
  • Options
    bevillebeville Posts: 1,151 Member
    edited April 2015
    Let the kids be kids! Add more game play for them.More action and stuffs for the teens.Seasons with all the trimming! Seasons shouldn't be a last resort for the game to be great! It Should've been the first expansion pack release!! ;)
  • Options
    bevillebeville Posts: 1,151 Member
    P.s how about making the gardening fun again? Make it easy and fun like it used to be. Get rid of the combining of two fruits just to make one is crazy and take to long. How about adding the juice machine from the Sims 2,so we can juice our fruits and veggies!! And please add more lots.How about a farm expansion pack this time around!! Thanks for the game so far!! :D
  • Options
    mwyatt139mwyatt139 Posts: 374 Member
    OMG @beville I forgot about the juicer!!! I loved that so much
    Link to my Facebook feel free to friend me: https://www.facebook.com/Spiritualanddifferent
    Link to my blog: https://www.merismusings.wordpress.com
    Link to my Twitter (used mainly for promoting my blog): https://twitter.com/BridgetW1990
    Add me on Origin: mwyatt139

event.png
  • Options
    choowychoowy Posts: 13 New Member
    One sided love!
  • Options
    chunkles40chunkles40 Posts: 2 New Member
    I have just posted a seerate thread, but I would really like to be able to give my sims specific ages.
    This way if I have two adult sims, I can choose in CAS an age for both, meaning one could age up earlier than the other if it is seen as being the older sim.

Young adults could be 20 - 30, adults could be 30 - 60, elders would be 60 onwards.
  • Options
    OndryaOndrya Posts: 1 New Member
    more interactions with babies
    toddlers
    pre teens
    more clothing hair and accessories
    and BUG FIXES
    please and thanks
  • Options
    Kaceface1992Kaceface1992 Posts: 11 New Member
    Let us dress and take our babies places! I do love the automatic babysitter/nanny ability. Give sims the ability to write songs via instruments at lower levels to match aspiration goals and desired whims.
  • Options
    Nicwebb82Nicwebb82 Posts: 447 Member
    I didn't read all the comments so mine are probably listed. More clothes, way to edit only one sim when they go to the mirror and chose "change appearance" instead of the whole household. Teacher career. Height sliders. It's just unusual that everyone is the same height. More long hair for females. Stained glass windows. Laptops back.
  • Options
    FusionFang7FusionFang7 Posts: 90 Member
    Nicwebb82 wrote: »
    I didn't read all the comments so mine are probably listed. More clothes, way to edit only one sim when they go to the mirror and chose "change appearance" instead of the whole household. Teacher career. Height sliders. It's just unusual that everyone is the same height. More long hair for females. Stained glass windows. Laptops back.

About editing clothes; that is the second time I have heard that complaint and I still don't get it. What's the problem with having the option to edit everyone's clothes when you decide to change the appearance of one sim? It's the same amount of load time regardless, to get into CAS, so what does it matter?

If the issue is something more complicated than that I would like you to explain it to me.