Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hospital isn't the same as EA Trailers...

ThoseDaysAreOverThoseDaysAreOver Posts: 1,315 Member
I'm not surprised by this, but I finally got into trying out the game and when I went to the Hospital for the first time, I noticed that that large modern waiting area with lots of seating isn't there, and I also googled pictures and the EA pictures had a second story and looks totally different?!

What gives? Why isn't the hospital design the same as the trailer and EA pictures?

I still like it but the EA trailer one is so much nicer

For example, this is not how the hospital looks in game!!

image_zpsgblgz61p.jpg

Comments

• tkwolftkwolf Posts: 362 Member
    Marketing. Looked nice right? You fell for their scheme, so you shelled out some money to buy the game. Boom, there goes your money, there goes their marketing scheme and here goes your lack-luster hospital. Enjoy.

On the brightside, you can always get a new hospital from the gallery.
    INTRODUCING.....TA DA DA DAAAAAA
    SIMS 4! STAR WARS!
    BU7XCq7.jpg
  • Jacob112233Jacob112233 Posts: 259 Member
    Same thing with the Science Lab :|
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa_zps89d0df1a.png
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    @tkwolf wrote: »
    Marketing. Looked nice right? You fell for their scheme, so you shelled out some money to buy the game. Boom, there goes your money, there goes their marketing scheme and here goes your lack-luster hospital. Enjoy.

The over exaggeration.

This is a game where you have the OPTION to change to your liking. Just because the hospital doesn't look the same in the trailers doesn't mean it's a "marketing scheme".

This is a game where you can build your own, and if anything, EA has provided you with a basic hospital so you can customise it too your liking.

Just because EA show a different style, doesn't make it a marketing scheme, considering the game is centred around creating your own Sims and Buildings.
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,748 Member
    remember this term "Don't sell the steak, sell the sizzle"
    6adMCGP.gif
  • DrnSimmerDrnSimmer Posts: 473 Member
    I agree with jackjack_k

If i'm not mistaken, when you have a sim working at the hospital you have the ability to go into build mode and add whatever you would like. For free!
    As they say "you create. you control. you rule."
    TszwvJw.png
    @DrnSimmer wrote: »
    I agree with jackjack_k

If i'm not mistaken, when you have a sim working at the hospital you have the ability to go into build mode and add whatever you would like. For free!
    As they say "you create. you control. you rule."

Exactly.

All the trailer did was add a seating area, which can be done by Simmers who want it, but since it's optional, EA removed it so that when you load for the first time you have a blank slate to work with.
  • SchantalSchantal Posts: 3,082 Member
    edited April 2015
    jackjack_k wrote: »

The over exaggeration.

This is a game where you have the OPTION to change to your liking. Just because the hospital doesn't look the same in the trailers doesn't mean it's a "marketing scheme".

This is a game where you can build your own, and if anything, EA has provided you with a basic hospital so you can customise it too your liking.

Just because EA show a different style, doesn't make it a marketing scheme, considering the game is centred around creating your own Sims and Buildings.

Actually when you are SELLING something then, yes, it is. Not everyone is a builder so what you are saying is silly. Thats like saying "all the clothes and hairs in the trailer aren't actually in game because there is a FREE program that allows you to make your own"....not everyone can do that either. Silly logic.....
  • Sara74469Sara74469 Posts: 513 Member
    GUYS, They used this one from the gallery, you can find this on the gallery and put it in your game.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Well it's possible that the two story hospital they were using caused severe lag issues so they changed it.
    edited April 2015
    Sara74469 wrote: »
    GUYS, They used this one from the gallery, you can find this on the gallery and put it in your game.

Which one?

Info,Link?

Edit
    Just checked MaxisCreator_01 on the gallery and didn't see the hospital. I wish they would upload it.
    Post edited by catloverplayer on
    edited April 2015

The over exaggeration.

Oh the sissy sassy simmer <3:p:*;) #YouTriedItGirl #haveaseatoverthere
    The only thing exaggerated thing here is the new nickname I gave you

Why do you think I said that very last little sentence?
    It is marketing. That's how you market a product. But let's agree to disagree. In the end it's a win win, they get our money, we get to spend countless hours playing their product.
    SIMS 4! STAR WARS!
    BU7XCq7.jpg
    Sara74469 wrote: »

Possible link maybe? Would love to try it or the name of the lot?
    SIMS 4! STAR WARS!
    BU7XCq7.jpg
    @Schantal wrote: »

The over exaggeration.

Actually when you are SELLING something then, yes, it is. Not everyone is a builder so what you are saying is silly. Thats like saying "all the clothes and hairs in the trailer aren't actually in game because there is a FREE program that allows you to make your own"....not everyone can do that either. Silly logic.....

This has zero logic to it.

EA are selling you a product. What is shown in trailers can be done in game. The point of the Sims is to create.
    EA are not selling you premade buildings, they are showing what can be done in-game.

If EA didn't let you edit the hospital, yes it would be false advertising. But you can. And the trailer specifically says "You Create".

It's like saying Lego should come pre-assembled because that's how you saw it on the ad. That's not how it works. EA are selling you the tools to create your own. Just like Lego.

And are you telling me that placing a few couches down can only be done by "builders"? Are you telling me people who play the Sims never go into buy mode? Lmao, Build/Buy is half the game.

The over exaggeration.

Oh the sissy sassy simmer <3:p:*;) #YouTriedItGirl #haveaseatoverthere
    The only thing exaggerated thing here is the new nickname I gave you

Why do you think I said that very last little sentence?
    It is marketing. That's how you market a product. But let's agree to disagree. In the end it's a win win, they get our money, we get to spend countless hours playing their product.

Think of it like Lego. They give us the tools to create what they've created, but it's not created for us when we buy it. We have the tools to build it though, or we could build our own.

And I LOVE the nickname <3;)
    @Schantal wrote: »

The over exaggeration.

This has zero logic to it.

EA are selling you a product. What is shown in trailers can be done in game. The point of the Sims is to create.
    EA are not selling you premade buildings, they are showing what can be done in-game.

If EA didn't let you edit the hospital, yes it would be false advertising. But you can. And the trailer specifically says "You Create".

It's like saying Lego should come pre-assembled because that's how you saw it on the ad. That's not how it works. EA are selling you the tools to create your own. Just like Lego.

And are you telling me that placing a few couches down can only be done by "builders"? Are you telling me people who play the Sims never go into buy mode? Lmao, Build/Buy is half the game.
    No what their saying is not everyone can build buildings the way their shown from EA.
  • siminscsiminsc Posts: 854 Member
    I don't think it's so much about the building but about them standing around instead of sitting down. What sick people stand when they are feeling so bad?
  • ConclueConclue Posts: 2,307 Member
    jackjack must work in marketing. LOL How he doesn't see the issue proves it.

The hopsital had waiting rooms in the trailer. They don't in the game.

It's common EA practice, but they cover themselves with the disclosure - "not all images represent actual gameplay".

It's like how they convientely gave the impression you'd be ringing up or be rung up at a register. Strategic marketing :)
    Conclue wrote: »
    jackjack must work in marketing. LOL How he doesn't see the issue proves it.

The hopsital had waiting rooms in the trailer. They don't in the game.

It's common EA practice, but they cover themselves with the disclosure - "not all images represent actual gameplay".

It's like how they convientely gave the impression you'd be ringing up or be rung up at a register. Strategic marketing :)

Well it s like that kiss that was shown in the malpractice trailer it isn't in game for young adults and up.

• mrln1975mrln1975 Posts: 186 Member
    We're have you guys been. All games are like that. Not just EA. They always make them look better in the videos.Ecception with the older games. Nothing made them look better. :D Like ping pong,space invaders,and even donkey kong. And those were some good games with bad graphics. But that does not mean you would not play them. I'm having fun now that GTW is here. it's improving. Getting better.So what, It's not like the video.And yes some cannot build. (Like me) But others can.thats what the exchange is for. :D
    04-04-15_8-27nbspPM.png
  • SimsdxSimsdx Posts: 210 Member
    Do you guys know any good Hospitals on the Gallery?