Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One room, One week, One theme

Comments

• RyeCris16RyeCris16 Posts: 2,293 Member
    @Liziann1 Pear n berries is a splendid kitchen build! I like the use of pear and blackberry color scheme and very nice garden too! Adding tho my faves! :smiley:

@Amazingamphy Nice kitchen! Great color scheme and very nice bar area! :) But just a quick tip! Try to use the entry form from the second post so I can review it properly. Thank you! :)

@EAFan99 Very yummy kitchen build! I like the use of blueberry and banana color scheme. Very cute heart bear too! Adding to my faves! :smiley:

@Issabella14 Thank you for the yummy and mouth-watering review! I'm glad that you liked it and taste the fruit salad, lol! :# Anyway, hugs! :smiley:<3<3<3
    EA ID: RyeCris16 | Tags: #RyeCris16
  • Issabella14Issabella14 Posts: 1,656 Member
    edited April 2015
    [quote= @Issabella14 Thank you for the yummy and mouth-watering review! I'm glad that you liked it and taste the fruit salad, lol! :# Anyway, hugs! :smiley:<3<3<3[/quote]

@RyeCris16 my comments, a little over the top with the fruit salad, yes, lol :smiley:
  • JodiPMJodiPM Posts: 496 Member
    Thank you, everyone!
    Live, love, Laugh and forget the drama queens.

• Liziann1Liziann1 Posts: 1,461 Member
    Super Kitchens everyone they all really pop with colour, I am loving the themes and creativity
    Sorry for not doing individual comments this time round, I am struggling with brain fog :(
    I just want to say thank you for your comments on Pear n Berries, as this challenge definitely pushed my comfort zone in using colours in this way!

@rosemow I look forward to the next challenge :)
    Check out My showcase thread
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/853211/dizzisquirrels-showcase#latest]
    or look for me in the Gallery
    aka DizziSquirrel

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,585 Member
    The "A Fruity Kitchen" challenge has now finished :) Each of the kitchen reflect the fruits so very well! The colour schemes of the rooms are so very nice! Felicity will enjoy making her delicious fruit salad in each of the kitchens!
    I will post the new challenge in the next post and on the first page of this thread :)
    edited April 2015
    :) TENTH CHALLENGE :)

The theme for the week is : A toy/play room

Heather and Harold are young children, and are sister and brother. They are moving to a new home! They are looking forward to making new friends in their neighbourhood! They plan to invite their new friends to their new home to play after school. Their Mother and Father said to them one day that they had a big surprise for them! The surprise was...they could have their own special toy room in the home! They could invite their friends there to play, as well as of course play there anytime they would like to! They are so excited! Their parents would be very grateful if you could design the toy /play room for them!
    The rooms need to be posted by Tuesday 28th April Midnight PDT

ENTRIES
    Let's Play! ( zita1966z)
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/13564858/#Comment_13564858
    Fact and Fantasy Playroom (EmmaVane)
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/13568942/#Comment_13568942
    Imagine That (WrathofCath)
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/13569233/#Comment_13569233
    Child's Play Plaza (Amazingamphy )
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/13570902/#Comment_13570902
    Space ranger play room (liliaeth)
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/13571354/#Comment_13571354
    Play & Learn (Liziann1)
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/13571479/#Comment_13571479
    To Infinity and Beyond (Issabella14)
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/13572846/#Comment_13572846
    Hide and Seek (AngelKatryn)
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/13580662/#Comment_13580662
    Post edited by rosemow on
  • Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    I'm on it :)
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Zita1966zZita1966z Posts: 9,641 Member
    edited April 2015
    LETS PLAY!!

Entry Form Challenge 10

Theme for the week: A Toy/Play room
    Gallery name of room ORANGE AND LIME FRUITS
    Origin ID: Zita1966

Background
    Harold and his sister Heather both have long days at school. After school Harold practice soccer and Heather has music lessons. By the time they get home it's supper, homework and 2 hours are the allowed to go bonkers in their play room. They love having their friends over so that can play with the toys and other games. Harold loves to drive is NAS car on the play track and Heather enjoys her dollhouse and virtual games.
    Dad Josh, comes to supervise now and then because the kids can loose track of time so easy when playing in their toy/play room.

Pictures of the room:

ZSJiloz.jpg
    lUjitdY.jpg
    MJEUtbo.jpg
    uWkXXew.jpg
    dAIKif5.png
    ssXPK1d.jpg
    tQ5WMbX.jpg
    A8zqWju.jpg
    7TiTEfY.jpg
  • Issabella14Issabella14 Posts: 1,656 Member
    Wow what a toy/play room @Zita1966z. I love the track and car, the tree with harts, all the lights and the excitement/busyness of the room. That is definitely a child dream toy/play room. Well done <3<3:)
    Your play room looks so very colourfully nice! @Zita1966z :) The background details that you have written for the family and the room are great! Heather, Harold and their friends will have lots of fun playing in their colourful and fun room with lots of things to see and do! The coloured lights on the wall to spell the word " play" looks very great! The enlarged red car looks great on the track for Harold to have fun driving! The lights on the tracks look great. The blue and red lamp looks great as traffic signal lights. The hearts and lights on the tree print on the wall looks so creative and nice! The colourful giraffe in the corner of the room looks very cute for the children to see when sitting at the computer desk table playing computer games! It looks nice how you have placed a bookcase between the computer desks for them to also enjoy sitting at the tables reading a book. The teddy, unicorn and dinosaur alcoves look great! It is nice that you have sat them on a ledge, and underneath each of them there is a bookcase for the kids to get a book from to read. It looks very nice how you have stacked up the cabinets in the alcoves between them! The colours of the cabinets and bookcases go so well with the colour of the toy animals! The colourful lights in the shelf ledges on the wall near them and the row of colourful lights looks very great! The decals are nice touches on the walls. The blue and pink colours of the walls in the room look very nice. The kids will have fun playing in the game cube. It looks nice how you have placed the art tables facing each other , so that the sims can have fun sitting there doing artwork together at the same time. The train, super hero toys,heart teddies decorated egg, vehicles,and robot look great how you have placed them on the steel shelves! The three swimming gnomes look cute there! The sims will enjoy playing the violin that you have placed in their room. The large snowman looks very cute! It is such a very fun and colourful toy/play room for the kids! The freezer bunny and other effects lights give a great look in the room! Nice armchair sitting area for them to enjoy reading a book or watching TV . The school bag is a nice touch beside the TV table. Heather will have fun playing with the dollhouse. The deer animal is nice for her to see when playing there. The chequered flooring in the room looks nice.
    It is such a colourfully very nice play room! It is very creatively furnished! The kids will have lots of fun there! Thankyou very much for entering this week's challenge :)
    @rosemow Thank you dear Rose
    @Issabella14 Thank you BFF Can't wait 2 see yours <3
  • VihishaVihisha Posts: 2,767 Member
    @Zita1966z What a colorful playroom! Sooo much stuff 4 them 2 do!
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    @Vihisha lol yes did go a bit overboard though :)
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited April 2015
    Theme for the week: A toy/play room (for a brother and sister).
    Gallery name of room: Fact and Fantasy Playroom
    Origin id: EmmaVane
    Pictures of the room:

"Fact" Corner
    743f690c6d.jpg

"Fantasy" Corner
    2565796d4b.jpg

TV Area
    0c891fe03b.jpg

Card Table
    5c3c1d351a.jpg

Layout
    757b4bb05f.jpg
    Fact and Fantasy is a very nice and fun playroom for the children! @EmmaVane :) Very nice layout of the room! It looks great how you have themed the room to have a " fact" and a " fantasy" corners! The sims will enjoy doing experiments on the science table or artwork on the art table in the fact area. The solar system mobile is great for the sims to enjoy seeing whilst doing those things, and suits the corner very well! The ladybird floor rug and the lady bird under the science table look cute! The fantasy corner is very nice! The castle dollhouse is fun for sims to play with and the dragon looks very cute! They suit well the fantasy theme. It looks great how you have placed the floor rug there that has the trees on it, and it looks great how you have placed the boat on the river! The llamas, chompie and the ghost gnome sitting on top of the castle looks great! The animal pictures on the wall are cute for sims to see whilst playing with the toys and playing the card games. The flower lamps are very pretty there. Very nice TV watching area! It looks very nice how you have used a variety of different coloured armchairs there. The green and purple floor rug looks colourfully nice! The school bag is a nice touch on the floor there. Sims will enjoying sitting resting there having fun watching TV, or enjoying reading a book from the bookcase. It is nice that you have placed a fishbowl on the bookcase. The children will like putting the fish that they have caught into the bowl, and feeding the fish each day. Very nice card nook corner! The kids will have fun playing card games there. The different coloured and patterned seats for them to sit on around the table gives a great look! The grassy/animal wall pattern and the tree and cloud prints on the wall add to the fun look of the playroom. It looks nice how you have the wall of windows, so the kids can enjoy lots of sunshine coming in whilst playing there. It is great that you have a noticeboard for the kids to place their artwork on. They will like seeing the coloured rosettes on the wall that they have won. It is nice that you have placed a growth chart in the room, for sims to enjoy checking their height to see how much they have grown.
    It is a very nice playroom! It looks great how you have themed the corners of the room! The children will have lots of fun and enjoy spending time in your playroom! Thank you very much for entering this week's challenge. :)
    Thanks @rosemow, I thought it would be nice to have a few group activities so they can play with their friends and with each other at the same time, but also give them something constructive to do when it's just them or they are on their own. If/when we get games consoles they can easily be added to the room with the TV there.
  • WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    @rosemow, thank you for your very kind review, my sweet friend! :)<3

@islarosexiv Thank you so much for your lovely comments. :)

@Vihisha Thank you for the wonderful comments! I found the wooden spoons along with a bunch of other Cool stuff in buydebug. The only thing is, they won't transfer when downloaded. :unamused: I hope this is something that gets fixed at some point.

@RyeCris16 thank you for your awesome comments and for the fave, my friend! :)<3

@Liziann1 Love your Pears n berries kitchen. I really love the purple cabinets and I can't believe I haven't used them yet! I'm going to have to remember to try them in one of my next projects. :) Nice idea having the planter box in the kitchen too. ;)

@Amazingamphy Put the Lime in the Coconut is very nicely done. Love the Tiki bar! Nice touch having the fruit boxes in the corner. :)

@EAfan99 Banana Berry Bonanza is so Pretty! I love the blue and yellow combo. Nice placement of the dining table and the console table looks adorable in the little niche. :)

@Puncky99 thank you for your sweet comments. :)

@Issabella14 thank you for your lovely comments. Sorry for your hectic week. I would Love to have seen your entry. I hope things calm down and you are able to enter the next challenge. :)

@Zita1966z Let's Play is such a Cool room! And you finished so fast! :flushed: Lots of nifty MOOing. I don't think those lucky kids will ever complain about being bored. :D

@EmmaVane Fact and Fantasy Playroom is Adorable! The giant tv is a great idea and I love the camping chairs and table! They look perfect in a kids playroom. :)
    @EmmaVane They get 1 heck of an awesome TV 2 watch together!
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    edited April 2015
    @EmmaVane Fact and Fantasy Playroom is Adorable! The giant tv is a great idea and I love the camping chairs and table! They look perfect in a kids playroom. :)
    Yeah, I love the chairs. Very colourful and fun. :)

Vihisha wrote: »
    @EmmaVane They get 1 heck of an awesome TV 2 watch together!
    Gotta love the enlarge cheat for TVs :p
  • WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    Entry Form
    Theme for the week: A toy/play room
    Gallery name of room : Imagine That
    Origin id : wrathofcath
    Pictures of the room :

04-23-15_4-35nbspPM-2_zpsn6xqu9ni.png
    04-23-15_4-36nbspPM_zpsnm379irk.png
    04-23-15_4-38nbspPM_zpsqg2nsq5t.png
    04-23-15_4-39nbspPM_zpsqerabvio.png
    04-23-15_4-41nbspPM-2_zpse4jc8m6n.png
    04-23-15_4-37nbspPM_zps7wevymrf.png
    04-23-15_4-42nbspPM-2_zpsstafchie.png
    04-23-15_4-42nbspPM-4_zpsueeevlbs.png
    04-23-15_4-43nbspPM-2_zpsbdzfpaco.png

edited April 2015
    @WrathofCath I like how you have split the room into several themed areas. As a geeky science chick though, I am not impressed with the amount of girly pink stuff and would probably spend my time in lab part of the boy zone. :p
    @WrathofCath Saw this on the Gallery earlier & was totally checking it out LOL. Love how u have split the room into mini-sections....they r all wonderfully thought out & put together! I especially like how u used the lights on the rugs 2 make flowers & on the wall decor 2 make a sun. & what a cute train set!!
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    Imagine That is such a very nice playroom with lots of fun things for the children to see and do ! @WrathofCath :) The room is lovely! The different themed nook alcoves in the room looks so very great! Very nice layout of the room! The turtles on the floor in a pathway line in one half of the room and the pretty flowers on the floor in the other half of the room looks very nice! It looks very nice how you have used the lights to create the middle of the flowers! The tea party nook is so very pretty! It looks very nice how you have used the pink bow type chairs around the table, and the flower floor rug under the table looks nice! The teaset, teapots and pink flowers are nice touches on top of the table and on the window ledge. The crockery cabinets look nice angled either side of the window alcove. The pink curtains look very pretty! The blue colour of the walls looks very nice. The heart teddies and panda lamp on the stool and the big teddy beside the wall look cute there watching the tea party! The doll house and garden nook is very nice! The trees prints look nice on the wall behind the dollhouse, and it looks very great how you have placed the clouds and the sun in the sky there! The flowers are pretty there, and the flowers ground flooring looks nice. The teddy and unicorn look cute there! It is a very nice garden setting nook indoors! There are so many nice details in every nook and area of the room! Very nice reading, TV watching and art nook! The pink and blue colour scheme of this side of the room looks so nice! The sims will enjoy sitting resting in the pink armchairs watching TV on the very cute penguin TV or reading a book from the pretty butterflies and flowers bookcases. The bookcases look great how you have angled and placed them either sides of the TV. The butterflies pictures are pretty for sims to enjoy seeing whilst sitting there. The pink flowers lights on the walls in the nook areas give a very nice look. The bunnies print on the wall looks great, and the pink clock is a nice home touch. The kids will have fun doing artwork on the art table. It is great that you have double art tables so the kids can do artwork together at the same time. The science themed nook is very great! The sims will have fun doing experiments on the science table. The black starry themed pattern walls and flooring suits the nook so well! The starry lights look great on the walls! The space and alien pictures look great on the wall there! The door with the hole in it suits the nook well! The other book nook and TV area in the room looks so very nice too! The darker blue and orange theme of the book nook and art nooks looks so nice! The clouds prints on the dark blue skies looks very nice and the green trees and dinosaur prints look great on the dark blue colour! The dinosaur theme of the book nook with the prints on the walls and the type of bookcases and clock looks great! It looks nice how you have used alternating blue and orange coloured armchairs there. Sims will enjoy sitting there watching TV on the cute penguin TV and enjoying a read of a book. The TV looks nice how you have raised it up on a stand and have bookcases either sides of it against the wall. The standing lamps are nice touches there. The art nook looks very great! The placement of the art tables, the table with the art decor on top of it into the corner and the lamp light all looks very great! The circular train set looks very cute! The dinosaur looks cute watching on whilst the kids are having fun doing artwork there! They will enjoy playing with the toys in the toy box. The orange coloured curtains look nice. It looks very nice how you have used the columns and fencing in the room to separate off the nooks.
    The room is such a lovely, special and fun playroom for the children! They will spend lots of fun happy hours there! The themed nooks are very nice! Thank you very much for entering this week's challenge :)
    @WrathofCath ty friend Have to say your room is spectacular - You always seem to come with that exceptional idea that makes me wish I tough of it <3

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top