Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

story progression ?

A lot of people keep saying they want story progression added to the game, what exactly do they mean? I thought a sims story was always progressing.

Comments

• JPG619JPG619 Posts: 460 Member
    I think what they mean is that the townies go find jobs, get married, have kids, the kids get friends, kids grow up and the process repeats it self all over again.
  • EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 2,795 Member
    Bren91 wrote: »
    A lot of people keep saying they want story progression added to the game, what exactly do they mean? I thought a sims story was always progressing.
    JPG619 wrote: »
    I think what they mean is that the townies go find jobs, get married, have kids, the kids get friends, kids grow up and the process repeats it self all over again.

yeah pretty much this, storyprogression is you dont need to play with all the sims in the world to make then progress, you will see cassandra goth growl have a boyfriend get married, have a child without you need to make her do that, you can focus more on the families which you want(if you dont want to play with all the families) while the others families in the world will be grown and not just age and die if you dont play.
    tumblr_mfiuwmQOLI1qgap4ho1_500.gif
  • Bren91Bren91 Posts: 297 Member
    I don't like that idea I hope if they add that they make it optional
  • xtinagaga97xtinagaga97 Posts: 600 Member
    It was in The Sims 3, and there was a toggle to turn it on and off.
    giphy.gif
  • Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    I miss it, it makes it seem more realistic. I hate not sering pregnant sins
    21mbz47.jpg
  • islarosexivislarosexiv Posts: 454 Member
    Someone on ModTheSims has recently put together a master controller mod, that has townies develop relationships/marriages, and procreation. I haven't tested it out yet, but it's a start!
    Gallery: Islaroses
    Build Showcase: Islaroses
    Simblr: islarosesims.tumblr.com
    Sims Mobile: NJUTWNP

• Soulcloud6Soulcloud6 Posts: 267 Member
    I miss story progression .... game feels so bland and stale without it for me.
  • drowssapdrowssap Posts: 2,007 Member
    I hugely miss story progression, I cant play the game for long periods at a time now. It's frustrating having hardly any children on a map, the towns end up filled with old people and it's exhausting trying to rotate around each house to make things progress when I just want to focus on one particular family.
  • JPG619JPG619 Posts: 460 Member
    drowssap wrote: »
    I hugely miss story progression, I cant play the game for long periods at a time now. It's frustrating having hardly any children on a map, the towns end up filled with old people and it's exhausting trying to rotate around each house to make things progress when I just want to focus on one particular family.

Same with me, it feels like Sims 2 all over again but I do hope it some way adds it back into Sims 4 since I really like the game play with multi-tasking and stuff like that.

• sims21975sims21975 Posts: 214 Member
    yes i hope it comes back ,in a big way......please EA......... :'(:'(
    2qxq5qd.jpg
    cheek me out on the gallery #sims21975
  • simlish1simlish1 Posts: 2,738 Member
    I also miss story progression. This was one of the things I LOVED about TS3. My sims could have big families and move the children out one by one when they were old enough. They would carry on living, getting married and having children and I could carry on looking after the younger children back at the main family home.

Now I feel as if I am restricted to how many children my sims have. I've never been one to switch between houses to play, and I don't think I will start anytime soon.
    Origin ID - eliselove1
    Four Seasons Properties