Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How To Backup Your Saves In TS2

xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
Just wondering since there's no visible save folder. Do I have to copy the neighborhoods or the whole game folder from Documents?
oh3cjs.jpg

Comments

• Options
    winterlocwinterloc Posts: 348 Member
    edited April 2015
    Hi xbob18,
    I would think you could do either one or save any folder you like with in the EA folder. If you just want your neighborhoods you could just use an external device like an external hard drive or a usb thumb drive. I use an external hard drive for my saves/back up. I generally save/back up the whole EA file. The neighborhood folder I would think acts as a saves folder. If you have created any of your own sims in body shop then you do have a saves folder in the EA folder.

When I do the whole EA file it asks me to merge the new save/back up with the old save/backup and I do that. What is nice it dates to the day you are doing the save/ back up. What is happening is it rewrites my old save/back ups to my new save/backups.
    This way if by chance my computer goes belly up then I have all of my old game play plus my neighborhood changes and my download folder to go back to.

With that said it is up to you how and what you wish to save.

Your simmy friend,
    Winterloc
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Hi :)

If you want to save a neighborhood, it's in - Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Neighborhoods

Now- It depends which neighborhood you played and want to save.

G001- Riverblossom Hills[TS2:S] was added to help the player explore Seasons.
    F001- Desiderata Valley; was created so the player can learn more about hobbies.
    E001- Belladonna Cove; was added so players could experience living in apartments
    N001- Pleasantview
    N002- Strangetown
    N003- Veronaville
    .... any you made will start at N004

You can go in and check each neighborhood for the Storytelling folder which will have any pictures you took in that one neighborhood.

So, you can save the whole Neighborhood folder or the specific neighborhood by number. Copy and paste it. I usually save each neighborhood by number. :)