Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

First impressions

joralydjoralyd Posts: 55 Member
I finally got to play sims2 for the very first time yesterday and I just love it! I've yet to mod and CC I thought I would test it out "raw" first so I could work out what I might need by way of CC etc.

As an avid TS3 player I found the controls of TS2 a bit challenging at first and the extra fears and wants plus that little influence meter on the side? I'm still working all that out lol but a couple of things that have stood out for me so far are:

The ability to create your own neighbourhoods.
The ability to add or omit features within your neighbourhood ie: university, shopping district etc.
Star sign personality, now this was a big stand out for me and I think this is what would make your sims more individual and interesting.
The way your sims seem to look at disapprovingly when you try to make them do something they don't want to lol.
The comedy, now this is new to me, sims 3 had funny gestures but sims 2 have taken it to the next level it's brilliant I actually laugh out load while playing.
Simlish, is it me or do the sims seem to have more of a vocabulary in TS2? They seem to be more individual responsive because of It.
More social, I didn't lock the door for the first hour or so and there were squatters in my house lol. Makes the neighbourhood seem full and lively.
More responsive to each other, my sims will start up a conversation or interact with other sims automatically which makes them seem more sociable and aware.

Of course graphics are a little dull and colour choices a bit limited but it is an old game, still way ahead of its time in my opinion.
I took the pledge

Comments

• Olivesplum06Olivesplum06 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Yes!!! Now go talk to EA so you can get the ultimate collection and get the real taste for TS2!!
  • joralydjoralyd Posts: 55 Member
    Lol I got it yesterday, have been playing it for a few hours. I haven't made added any mods or CC yet so I'm about to find a few to try out. I still need to get rid of the blck shadow thing and change resolution which I'm doing right now.
    I took the pledge
  • JemliaJemlia Posts: 255 Member
    @joralyd Leefish has done some great work helping with graphic card issues and the Sims 2. This page helped me get my Sims 2 game running and looking great on my new computer. http://🐸🐸🐸🐸/mybb/showthread.php?tid=5446 Good luck to you and enjoy. :)
    Thanks so much @Jemlia the very first time I started the game up it worked then the next day I went to start it up again and I got the DirectX (graphics card) issue. It took me a while but I found Leefish and I've got my Sims 2 back up and running in full resolution. I have the dual card issue so Leefish was perfect.

Does anyone have any recommendations on mods and CC? I have just created a shortcut to the body shop which I didn't know about so if there is anything else that you can recommend I would love to hear it?
    I took the pledge
  • Olivesplum06Olivesplum06 Posts: 1,076 Member
    joralyd wrote: »
    Thanks so much @Jemlia the very first time I started the game up it worked then the next day I went to start it up again and I got the DirectX (graphics card) issue. It took me a while but I found Leefish and I've got my Sims 2 back up and running in full resolution. I have the dual card issue so Leefish was perfect.

Does anyone have any recommendations on mods and CC? I have just created a shortcut to the body shop which I didn't know about so if there is anything else that you can recommend I would love to hear it?

www.modthesims.com

www.thesimsresource.com

Have fun :)

• JemliaJemlia Posts: 255 Member
    @ joralyd In addition to the excellent ones mentioned by @Olivesplum06, I also like Parsimonious http://www.parsimonious.org/support/sims2.html. Many of the Sims 2 sites are still in operation, just do an internet search on Sims 2 custom content and you will probably find a bunch. Good luck and happy simming. :)
  • gayarsgayars Posts: 2,229 Member
    Sims2artists affinity Sims moonlight dragon (baby clothes!) And search tumblr.
    thanks guys, I downloaded some skins from TSR although I really didn't need to because the default skins are pretty good, I did want a few more shades though.

I downloaded some eyes from sims2artists but they didn't show up so I THINK it might be that the mesh isn't included so I'll have another look at it.

I love that you can customise the babies clothes, my sim just had a baby(my first TS2 baby lol) and they're so much more part of the game play it's fantastic!

Are you guys using any mods that change the game play at all? I haven't needed to yet but I am interested to know what everyone is using?
    I took the pledge
    I use insimenator and simblender feedbaby mod wear any clothes while pregnant toddlers can go to community lots mog's park at community lots, and about a hundred or two more lol.
    LOL ok I did notice with my first pregnancy my sims changed not only clothes but hair? lol I almost didn't recognise her! I'm yet to experience toddler time so I'm sure I'll want to take them to community lots, shopping etc so that will be a definite. I'm going to look the others up and see what they do LOL
    I took the pledge
    That happens with some custom content hair. Evidently it has to be enabled for pregnancy?
    hmm it was one of the default hairstyles, it was before I added any CC hair so I thought it was a bit weird, she only changed her hair when in everyday clothes, when in underwear or PJ's her hair was normal.
    I took the pledge
    Hmm then they messed up... Somebody forgot something!
    LOL yeah knowing my luck I chose the faulty hair he he.
    I took the pledge
    Yeah... Lol one of my favorite long hair styles I always put my daughter's simself in because it looks JUST like her hair, long wavy/curly red hair always becomes this really short hairstyle when pregnant lol. I just pretend she gets a haircut to be easier while pregnant lol. That one is custom content tho.
  • Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    edited April 2015
    Just send the pregnant Sim to the mirror to change the hair back to what it's supposed to be. Sims 2 is weird like that.

Hair styles are not coded to be maternity or not maternity enabled. It's just a quirk of the game.

Eyes do not have meshes. Is it possible the eyes you downloaded were default eyes? Check the standard eye colors and see if any change.

Be ware that you can only have 1 default for any particular item. So be careful if you see the word default listed anywhere on the page to make sure you know what you're getting. Some people do make default and NON-default versions of their items.
    Ohhhh right, now that makes a lot of sense! thanks! TS2 CC is a lot different to TS3 so there are a few things I'm just discovering. I also opened bodyshop for the first time the other day and I don't get it? LOL is it just CAS with it's own start up or is it intended to do more?
    I took the pledge
  • Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    Body Shop can be used to make CC. The only way to share Sims you've made without using third party programs is to make them in Body Shop.

You also have more options for adjusting the face in Body Shop.
  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    Enjoy it. That game is great and timeless