Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

STATEMENT Fashion Competition - WINNER ANNOUNCED -

_aa13ls10__aa13ls10_ Posts: 466 Member
edited September 2015 in The Sims 3 Sims and Modeling
title10.gif

Welcome to statement. This competition focuses on what you can do with a single, given item of clothing or accessory.

Each assignment I will give you a link to one piece of CC which you will have to style as uniquely as possible to make to biggest statement and stand out from the crowd. There will be no themes in the traditional sense, your theme is the item of clothing I or my fellow judge selects for you.

I will give you one week to complete each task and there will be 10 assignments in total. This means the competition will last for 10 weeks after the sign ups close so if this does not work for you do not apply. Each competitor will receive 2, 2 day extensions. These must be asked for in advance of the assignment deadline and I will keep track of them.

If you have any problems don't be afraid to ask. Me, a fellow judge or even another competitor are sure to be able to answer you.

This competition is open to people of all abilities - don't be afraid to join if you are new to competitions, we all have to start somewhere. By entering you are sure to improve through the constructive criticism the judges will give on your pictures.

This competitions involves downloading CC so if this is not for you, don't apply.

rules10.gif

- Read the assignments carefully, some weeks you will be able to alter the colour and patterns of the clothing and some weeks you will not
- Only 2 extensions per competitor
- Assignments last 7 days and deadlines are set in GMT so adjust accordingly
- If you fail to submit an assignment you will be eliminated from the competition
- Judges comments are their own opinion and please respect that
- No face-plastering or photo-skinning is allowed
- Editing and pose player is recommended BUT not required
- Only YA female models please

prizes10.png

This competition is mainly for fun so there are not any big prizes.
1st, 2nd and 3rd place will receive custom made siggys to display to people how they did.

models10.png

Models-final_zps8vqwgs66.png

Not checked in:
jake10.gifkyle10.gif

Extensions:

Checked in:

Assignments Submitted:

judges10.png

judge-10.png
Post edited by _aa13ls10_ on

Comments

• _aa13ls10__aa13ls10_ Posts: 466 Member
    edited September 2015
    assign10.png

Assignment 10: Wedding Dress

Assignment-10_zpsytxa3i32.png

Download Here

The final is upon us. This as been an amazing competition and I'm gutted that it has come to an end. For your final challenge I want you to turn this wedding dress into something different. This is going to be difficult since it is hard to see a wedding dress in any other light, but as you always do I'm sure you will change this.

Bring all you've got since this will determine who wins the competition.

This is due: 15/8/2015

Requirements

-Specified item of CC
    -Thin black border
    -Your inspiration
    -No editing on extras to the CC
    -Changed colours and/or pattern

Scoring Rubic
    Creativity /10
    Quality /5
    Requirements /5
    Cohesion /10

Your total score will be out of 30

Submitted

Kyle with Bambi Braxton
    (Vampire Seduction)
    34a2d235-ec99-4b06-bd68-3797021f6919_zpsvvlilgup.png

Jake with Reina DeVeux
    (Elven Queen)
    19946177883_4110752025_o.png

edited September 2015
    scores10.png

This has been such an amazing competition and one that I hope you all enjoyed being a part of. I was truly amazed by both of your pictures in this final round and knew immediately that this would be a close one. After such a long wait I'm sure you are eager to find out who the winner is.

So the winner is ...

1st place - 58/60
    Jake
    19946177883_4110752025_o.png

Alexa

Creativity 9/10
    Quality 5/5
    Requirements 5/5
    Cohesion 10/10
    Total: 29/30

I love the theme you have gone for here. The green colour you chose is bright and vibrant and not muddy which can sometimes happen with darker greens. The green also reminds me a bit like moss which I think is quite fitting for an elven queen. The pose is fantastic. It is simple and therefore shows the dress off excellently. The dress is the main focus of the shot. The extras you have added really liven up the background which could have been quite bland otherwise. This is a lovely shot Jake and something that is really worthy of the final.

Joe

Creativity10/10
    Quality 4/5
    Requirements 5/5
    Cohesion 10/10
    Total: 29/30

Jake, I am in love with this image. Reina looks so regal. The whole thing could be straight out of Lord of the Rings. I love the pattern you’ve used for the dress, although the borkiness needed to be fixed at the bottom where it’s overly stretched, and the grass is clipping a bit, so you lost a quality mark there. Other than that, though, this picture is amazing. Your set has so much detail and is so fitting for the theme. I love the two background courtiers/guards, although I wish they were making eye contact (especially the one on the left).
    You’ve done so well this competition, Jake. You’ve been a real solid contender throughout and I’m so impressed by your work. Well done and good luck!

2nd place - 55/60
    Kyle
    34a2d235-ec99-4b06-bd68-3797021f6919_zpsvvlilgup.png

Alexa

Creativity 9/10
    Quality 4/5
    Requirements 5/5
    Cohesion 9/10
    Total: 27/30

You have defiantly succeeded in turning this wedding dress into something very different. The dark red colour is so seductive, especially with the lace; I can’t imagine it back in the all-white state I gave it to you in. I am slightly annoyed that the very bottom of the dress has been cut off since a full shot would have elongated her body more and made her look more seductive. Bambi has such an aura of calmness in the chaos of your set. This is a brilliant shot Kyle and you should been really proud of.

Joe

Creativity 10/10
    Quality 5/5
    Requirements 5/5
    Cohesion 8/10
    Total: 28/30

I love the story behind your photo, Kyle. Bambi looks every inch the femme fatale, and I love the blood dripping from her lips. I really enjoy the pattern you’ve added to the dress; it looks almost velvet-y which is perfect. I can’t say I love the background. I understand why you chose it, I just wish it was a bit darker, and a bit more vintage/creepy. I’m also not 100% sold on the angle you’ve shot this at. It looks a bit strange to me, as if Bambi is projected onto the room, as opposed to being in it.
    You’ve grown so much throughout this competition, Kyle. You’ve been a great contestant and I’ve loved seeing your pictures each week. Well done and best of luck!

Well done both of you. I'll send you your custom signatures soon. I hope you enjoyed this competition and that you (and all the other models that entered) and new people join me for a second cycle soon.
  • LadyEmillyeLadyEmillye Posts: 19,238 Member
    I would love to sign up, but my laptop won't support TS3 anymore, but I can defo help you judge.
    That's great. Just submit and application.
  • EliEli Posts: 725 Member
    Ahhhh reserve me please :)
    Sure.
  • JoeJoe11JoeJoe11 Posts: 1,406 Member
    I'm going to post a judge's app soon; how many are you looking for?
    c0Ixg8O.png
  • LadyEmillyeLadyEmillye Posts: 19,238 Member
    Nickname: LE
    Experience: Judged many and have hosted my own
    Headshot on black background:

16841628508_0fbc2e82ab_o.png
  • heather1306heather1306 Posts: 1,162 Member
    Reserve me too?
    39508532972_d4ae4b6e81_o.gif
    edited April 2015
    JoeJoe11 wrote: »
    I'm going to post a judge's app soon; how many are you looking for?

I'm looking for 2

Thanks LE and sure I will reserve you heather
  • Evergreen226Evergreen226 Posts: 15,600 Member
    Deep in my soul, I probably shouldn't do this, but deep in my soul, I really, really want to... I'm gonna have to see how my game runs still..

But also, if I were to make it that far, I would need two of the assignments in June to be sent to me early because I'll be in Florida one week and then the Outer Banks the next. Would that be a problem?
    23uvol1.jpg
    But also, if I were to make it that far, I would need two of the assignments in June to be sent to me early because I'll be in Florida one week and then the Outer Banks the next. Would that be a problem?

That would be fine - just let me know when and I will send them to you. I've had that problem myself too - don't worry about it.

Awesome, thanks!
    23uvol1.jpg
  • JaLiBoJaLiBo Posts: 547 Member
    Do it Jake!

Reserve please!
    Will do :)

edited May 2015
    @Leesa I was in the middle of getting Reina ready for the app shots and the stupid game crashed and now I'm just depressed. :expressionless: I found this one hair though and 🐸🐸🐸🐸 does she look good.

@_aa13ls10_ I'm going to see how my week looks and try to find time for this. Put me down as a reserve, por favor ;)
    Post edited by Evergreen226 on
    23uvol1.jpg
    @Evergreen226 sure thing
    Bump for sign ups :D
  • Mhamilton0911Mhamilton0911 Posts: 2,220 Member
    Reserve me please!
    sure thing :)
  • JaLiBoJaLiBo Posts: 547 Member
    @Leesa I was in the middle of getting Reina ready for the app shots and the stupid game crashed and now I'm just depressed. :expressionless: I found this one hair though and 🐸🐸🐸🐸 does she look good.

🐸🐸🐸🐸, I hope you can get it running good.
  • 1makemebelieveagain11makemebelieveagain1 Posts: 163 Member
    Reserve me please?
    rbdvkw.png
  • peterpunch2000peterpunch2000 Posts: 2,381 Member
    I'd love a reserve <3
    16449922485_0e98556039_o.png

🐸🐸🐸🐸, I hope you can get it running good.

Same but let's be real, when has this game ever run good for me? :D I think after I did that picture for Le Raunche with like, 15 extras my game was like lol that was a nice try jake but nope you're done
    23uvol1.jpg