Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Genius:"Whiz Kid" Kid Aspiration

Why my kid sim not get A grade in aspiration while he already get Rambunctious scamp, in my opinion is the best "kid aspiration" becuase it boost science and sport skills learning later on :)

But now my kid sim need to get A grade for getting whiz kid completion problem is he already had A, and game not see it :(

Comments

• DariuDariu Posts: 3,120 Member
    try saving
    and resetting?
    maybe its a minor bug
  • Alysha1988Alysha1988 Posts: 3,452 Member
    edited April 2015
    ctrl+shift+c
    aspirations.complete_current_milestone
  • RoyaiChaosRoyaiChaos Posts: 905 Member
    When that happens I just use aspirations.complete_current_milestone

I had the same issue, but I assumed it came from a mod as I had a lot of mods at a time that were breaking and I was too lazy to unistall them all. So try removing your mods to see if it fixes it. Or you may need for them to get an A+ which is getting an A then filling the meter again so the checkmark is filled with gold.
  • Moon_WillowMoon_Willow Posts: 732 Member
    It's a bug or a badly designed feature and is not mod related as I have had this before I had any mods installed. If a child get a A before they reach level 3 of the Whiz Kid aspiration the game doesn't acknowledge that. Also the game doesn't acknowledge that a child get the A while the child is at level 3 of the Wiz Kid aspiration if a parent is currently at work at an active career.

tsNVdyA.png
    Gallery ID: Truet318, check out my latest builds on the gallery.

The Road goes ever on and on And I must follow, if I can,
    Until it joins some larger way,
    Where many paths and errands meet.
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    edited April 2015
    This issue happens with no mods as well, my game is vanilla and this happens all the time.
    I also use the cheat to get through it but I'll appreciate if they fix it.
    Well, the whole aspiration system needs to be redone in my honest opinion.

Vanilla here meaning no Mods or CC, but I do have both the EP and GP.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • PawelK198604PawelK198604 Posts: 323 Member
    This issue happens with no mods as well, my game is vanilla and this happens all the time.

Can you give that cheat, i did not like cheats, but after all cheating game that cheat is not cheating at all :smile:

I have also problem with "white screen of death" :wink:
    Often when i use Shift+Tab to browse the Internet for example, it's happens :angry:

The worst thing about all this is that I can not even close the program if I have to reset whole computer!
    I think i switch to Total War: Attila that i bought yesterday because sims are not playable sometime,

And it's not just the latest installment, but the whole The Sims series, because I'm a fan of the series , since The Sims 1
  • knazzerknazzer Posts: 3,382 Member
    edited April 2015
    It's a common bug in game, not to do with mods or custom content. Even if your child is working towards an A or already as A it doesn't unlock on most occasions. Has another user said above, the only solution is to use testing cheats and use aspirations.complete_current_milestone
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member

Can you give that cheat, i did not like cheats, but after all cheating game that cheat is not cheating at all :smile:

Crtl+alt+C
    and then introduce This:
    aspirations.complete_current_milestone
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • PawelK198604PawelK198604 Posts: 323 Member
    knazzer wrote: »
    It's a common bug in game, not to do with mods or custom content. Even if your child is working towards an A or already as A it doesn't unlock on most occasions. Has another user said above, the only solution is to use testing cheats and use aspirations.complete_current_milestone

I did this, it worked. It's annoying sims 4 is 🐸🐸🐸🐸 expansive(i'm not rich, in fact i'm poor yet i love sims :smile: ) yet it has so many bugs
  • ShadyLady_DQShadyLady_DQ Posts: 476 Member
    I have also problem with "white screen of death" :wink:
    Often when i use Shift+Tab to browse the Internet for example, it's happens :angry:

The worst thing about all this is that I can not even close the program if I have to reset whole computer!
    I think i switch to Total War: Attila that i bought yesterday because sims are not playable sometime,

And it's not just the latest installment, but the whole The Sims series, because I'm a fan of the series , since The Sims 1

Try running the game in windowed mode instead of full screen, you can change it under game option in the menu. I hope that helps!