Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Game Data Incomplete"

After updating, I am getting a message "Game Data Incomplete" and Outdoors is missing. I have repaired multiple times. I also reinstalled the base game and Outdoors about 5 times. I've also deleted the cache files. This has been happening for 5 days. Any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Hello
    I am sorry that you are having problems. If you have any Mods or CC in the game, remove them and see if that helps.
    Uninstalling and reinstalling Origin may help.
    You have deleted the cache files, but also deleting the Origin cache files may help
    http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-origin-cache-files/
  • Options
    egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    I see this more often than I want to, also. *Usually* if I exit from the bad load to the main menu without saving, and then reload my save, that will fix the missing stuff.

Sometimes I've had to completely exit the game and repair it to make it work right, though. But I"ve only reinstalled origin once lately, a few weeks back.

I use mods... if I'm playing, there's SOMETHING modded in it. No CC right now.

One more thing... sometimes if the localthumbcache file is pretty big, I'll delete that before repairing. I leave everything else alone, though. (Which may be bad, I'm not exactly sure... but it does seem to cause less issues for me.)
  • Options
    ccookbrccookbr Posts: 3 New Member
    I do not use mods or any cc. I have quit and re-opened the game many times and still get the same error. I tried re-installing Origin and still got eh error. One note though, I am running Windows 8 on a virtual machine on my mac using Parallels.
  • Options
    lapruitt808lapruitt808 Posts: 1 New Member
    Seriously EA? How many times is this going to happen? Every single time there is an update, I have to remove my mods/cc and completely download all new stuff. Do you know how time consuming this is? Today I open up the game and a screen showing "game data unable to load" pops up. There wasn't even an update today! And yet again I took my mods folder out, repaired the game and it was fine, except my mods won't work anymore. Is there an easy fix for this (other than waiting for updated mods every time)? Or is this always going to be a tedious process? This has never been a major problem in past Sim generations. Mods are a big part of game play( at least for me). Please any advice is appreciated.
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    Seriously EA? How many times is this going to happen? Every single time there is an update, I have to remove my mods/cc and completely download all new stuff. Do you know how time consuming this is? Today I open up the game and a screen showing "game data unable to load" pops up. There wasn't even an update today! And yet again I took my mods folder out, repaired the game and it was fine, except my mods won't work anymore. Is there an easy fix for this (other than waiting for updated mods every time)? Or is this always going to be a tedious process? This has never been a major problem in past Sim generations. Mods are a big part of game play( at least for me). Please any advice is appreciated.

EA can only be responsible for EA created content. There are so many mods and so much CC out there, with so many variations there is no way they can know what you have on your computer. Nor is it their responsibility to in fact that would be a little invasive. And yes, this will likely be a tedious process because it is up to the mod creators to update their mods, not EA. EA cannot and does not have to assure that the games will run with mods or CC content.

You're also lucky that you haven't had the issue in past generations. This was how it was done with Sims 3 and I assume before that as well.

Sorry if this response comes across snippy but given it's not EA content, that's just how it is.

On another note welcome to the forums! We're mostly nice here and even I'm not usually quite so snippy, I just get frustrated when I see people laying the blame on EA for content that is not EA created (though there's plenty of EA content or lack of to put on them).
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    Oooh, can I jump on the "aggravated" bandwagon, too? I have gone from 60+ mods that all worked fine together (okay, mostly... some swapping around due to "exception" files, but overall, things were good) before the last patch/GTW dropped, down to NONE earlier today, and right now I have FIVE installed.

I didn't mod Sims3 (online access was pretty spotty then), but I had 2 modded out the yinyang. I don't remember it being this much trouble to catch up after patches.

I also have never had to spend as much time uninstalling/reinstalling and/or (morre often) repairing a game and then begging it to load all the pieces I have PAID FOR without telling me my game will crash and burn because either Sims4 or Origin forgot to load it all like I asked??? 🐸🐸🐸🐸?

Yes, I know that sentence doesn't make much sense. It's still true, though.

I am now on my third newly rolled game in the past 2 days. And I mean, this time, it's ALL fresh. I didn't download anything I'd saved before, I've just started completely fresh so all files should have post-patch info attached... I wondered if mixing sims/lots from earlier games might be causing issues. So I didn't. In game homes/lots only.

I am REALLY missing Shimrod's reduced townies mod. I have 85 and it's only day two. I started with 29. Why do I need 85 sims to play with? Jeez!

@JCP011C2 you didn't sound snippy to me. Just clear. I like that.

EA made another mess with this patch. I wish things would stop blowing up, because I'd rather be playing with my sims than spending my time tracking down mods and updates and bug reports/fixes and the like.

This is the only single-player game I have EVER had to work so hard to beat into (something resembling playable) submission.

I'm discouraged that some modders are giving up. But I tell you what, I TRIED to play this game with no mods in for a good part of the afternoon, and, I couldn't do it. And I don't even have any of the BIG mods in, but the ones I am using, I NEED, until EA adds what they do into the game itself.

Some of it, they may... already name-changing in, I was real glad to see that get added. Although @Scumbumbo did have it covered in the meantime.

For now, though, I'm struggling, playing on a new game from ONE sim's POV. Haven't decided what to do about if/when she goes to work or sleep... the milk energy mod is one I had in but just removed to check an exception error. sigh.

Wish me luck, I'm goin' back in!

• Options
    pottergoosepottergoose Posts: 1,543 Member
    I can't get any of the packs to load except for the original, in the past have exited out repaired and it's fixed. Now I can't even do that! All three show up in the game (Christmas, GTW and OR) but minute I pull up the map it says incomplete data this is ridiculous
    I'm the one who gripped you tight and raised you from perdition
  • Options
    I can't get any of the packs to load except for the original, in the past have exited out repaired and it's fixed. Now I can't even do that! All three show up in the game (Christmas, GTW and OR) but minute I pull up the map it says incomplete data this is ridiculous

Shot in the dark, but I'd say uninstall both sims4 AND origin, run whatever optimizer program(s) you use to clean up your hard drive, reboot, and then reinstall origin and sims4 from scratch.

Pain, I know, but surely that's drastic enough to get it going again?

Dropping by here mid-reload (following reboot) myself. Laptop, my video settings might not be quite right yet. More testing!

(Mod note: milk mod still out, coffee mod in and working so far, no more errors. Day two. Six mods, down from about 60.)
  • Options
    SimsAddiction968SimsAddiction968 Posts: 1,218 Member
    I have this problem as well. No mods or CC.
    HI! My name is SimsAddiction968
    I discovered Sims 1 summer 2001 when my youngest was 1 yr old.
    I bought all Eps & Sps for Sims 2 as they were released.
    I even bought Sims games for our consoles and handhelds.
    I have bought all Sims 3 Eps & Sps as the were released.
    I have held my grandson while playing. He is now 5 and plays FreePlay.
    I have pre ordered Sims 4. I have the Sims 2 mouse and waiting on Sims 4 mouse.
    I have a Freezer Bunny tattoo and a bracelet tattoo of the Sims 2 aspirations.

YES! I am addicted to The Sims no matter the form.
  • Options
    PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member
    Got to be honest, I was actually considering purchasing this, until I saw all these threads about it not working. I think I will spend my $20 on a couple of books instead.
    Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
    06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    ccookbrccookbr Posts: 3 New Member
    So I have been working for the last 2 weeks with Origin support. Finally fed up, I requested a refund. I was told that I could not get a refund for the expansion packs that do not work. DO NOT BUY THEM! You could just end up out of money and with a headache.
  • Options
    CynarrazimpCynarrazimp Posts: 4 New Member
    I found this only happens when Origin cannot connect to the internet. I have to remember to tell it to go into offline mode and the game loads up fine.
  • Options
    SimsAddiction968SimsAddiction968 Posts: 1,218 Member
    I am always logged into Origin just show offline. If I do save instead of save as I see it more.
    I still don't have mods or cc......Really getting tired of restarting, repairing almost every time I want to play.
    HI! My name is SimsAddiction968
    I discovered Sims 1 summer 2001 when my youngest was 1 yr old.
    I bought all Eps & Sps for Sims 2 as they were released.
    I even bought Sims games for our consoles and handhelds.
    I have bought all Sims 3 Eps & Sps as the were released.
    I have held my grandson while playing. He is now 5 and plays FreePlay.
    I have pre ordered Sims 4. I have the Sims 2 mouse and waiting on Sims 4 mouse.
    I have a Freezer Bunny tattoo and a bracelet tattoo of the Sims 2 aspirations.

YES! I am addicted to The Sims no matter the form.
  • Options
    P3troLP3troL Posts: 1 New Member
    Game data incomplete solved!! Just close origin man :D it works!! :x:X:X:X:x
  • Options
    AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    ccookbr wrote: »
    So I have been working for the last 2 weeks with Origin support. Finally fed up, I requested a refund. I was told that I could not get a refund for the expansion packs that do not work. DO NOT BUY THEM! You could just end up out of money and with a headache.

I had the same problem and Origin support was no help. Origin just stopped recognizing GTW and my digital deluxe version add on. I also did and clean install of both origin and TS4 after totally wiping both from my system using a registry cleaner.
    The incomplete data error message still came up.

Well I fixed it myself after doing a little research ... Take Origin out of startup so it does not start with windows. Log into widows as administer. Right click Origin icon on your desktop or whatever you have it and select troubleshoot compatibility. Follow the instructions and don't skip the test.

I run windows 10 tech version on one computer and my new computer rums 8.1 You can google how to troubleshoot compatibility or run program in compatibility mode just like I did. There is one other thing you can try but it's link is on my other computer. Try this first. It worked for me.
  • Options
    AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    Tech support had me change my User Account Control (UAC) .... It actually took me down to just the base game. Origin did not recognize anything but the base game after this change. If support had you do this you should get them on the phone demand them to guide you through the compatibility test. You will need to do a clean install of both Origin and TS4. There are free registry cleaners you can get after you uninstall everything. Run the program to totally remove everything. I did save my important folders to another location but every time I try to use an old save I get the message about incomplete data. I can't use my old tray folder either.
  • Options
    JamahJamah Posts: 1 New Member
    I bought the game today - brand new disk. Got home, said have to download Mac version online. Gave me a redeemable code. Took 2 hours to download. Clicked on play- a cartoon map of a town come up then a window that said -

"Game Data Incomplete - not all game data could be loaded. The save game references neighbourhoods that have been uninstalled or otherwise are no longer available. If you continue playing, you will encounter missing data and may have unexpected result. If you save the game, there will be no way to recover missing data".

I spent $70 on a game that doesn't work. How does that happen? Then I find online all these forums that say how bad it is. My game is brand new - nothing done to it, haven't even made anything and its faulty.

Going to make a compliant to the ACCC in Australia. Reading these forums, this problems has been going on for over a year and its still not fixed. How are they able to continue selling the game? They are taking advantage of customers. This is fraudulent!
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Jamah wrote: »
    I bought the game today - brand new disk. Got home, said have to download Mac version online. Gave me a redeemable code. Took 2 hours to download. Clicked on play- a cartoon map of a town come up then a window that said -

"Game Data Incomplete - not all game data could be loaded. The save game references neighbourhoods that have been uninstalled or otherwise are no longer available. If you continue playing, you will encounter missing data and may have unexpected result. If you save the game, there will be no way to recover missing data".

I spent $70 on a game that doesn't work. How does that happen? Then I find online all these forums that say how bad it is. My game is brand new - nothing done to it, haven't even made anything and its faulty.

Going to make a compliant to the ACCC in Australia. Reading these forums, this problems has been going on for over a year and its still not fixed. How are they able to continue selling the game? They are taking advantage of customers. This is fraudulent!

Hello @Jamah
    I am sorry that you have had this issue, Repairing the game may help. To do that, go to Games Library in Origim, right click on the sims 4 picture, and click repair.
  • Options
    Frank_The_Simmer_32Frank_The_Simmer_32 Posts: 42 Member
    edited April 2020
    Speaking of which, I have purchased every pack on XBox One's version of The Sims 4. And still encountered the Incomplete Data. it as of April 5, 2020. And this was the first time this has happened for me.