Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS4 Parentcy Challenge

Comments

• shelym11shelym11 Posts: 47 Member
    @Cookingpup99 I think it was one of the patch because ever since all I get are twins.
  • Cookingpup99Cookingpup99 Posts: 443 Member
    @youcrAzy13 Thanks :)
    @shelym11 Yeah I think it might be, it's really annoying :/
  • carlimactcarlimact Posts: 766 Member
    @carlimact‌
    carlimact wrote: »
    I'm proud of Makayla's appearance. My CC made the difference it seems.
    I was actually very sad to let Glenn go. Sadly, I had to.
    I bet Nicholas will be an attractive teen.

I love her hair. I realise that the dad running away bit is an upsetting one... oops. I hate letting go of most of my sims.

@lilmissswagga325‌ Uh... wha? I'm confused?

I got it from tumblr. It's called Calypso V2. You gotta do what you gotta do I suppose. Maybe Glenn will make a reappearance...
  • carlimactcarlimact Posts: 766 Member
  • Catrina657Catrina657 Posts: 2 New Member
    I soo want to do this challenge but I didn't know what generation to do, so I got my friend to pick a number and she picked 6. Cant wait to do gen 6!
  • Liziann1Liziann1 Posts: 1,461 Member
    edited March 2015
    hello I am just starting this challenge - I have a question re Gen 1 if my sim starts a career and quits it at level 2 are there any rules for her making money there after .. . . ie can she paint garden collect or publish books, once she has quit
    without actually being in any of the careers ?
    Check out My showcase thread
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/853211/dizzisquirrels-showcase#latest]
    or look for me in the Gallery
    aka DizziSquirrel

• JmaraaJmaraa Posts: 217 Member
    > @Cookingpup99 said:
    > aria_kingblood‌ This is the link to my blog: wolfysts4legacies.wordpress.com/ Thank you very much I don't think it's your blog that's the problem, I just think it's difficult logging in with wordpress on Blogspot.

Checked out your Harbour legacy in its entirety and left comments! I enjoyed it. Was it following this parentcy challenge? Very interesting blog for those who want a nice easy read!
    Simming Since '00; Forum Member '13; SimLit Blogger '14; SimLit Critic '18

Current Story: https://simslegacy2020.wordpress.com My 2020 Legacy Story - A 10 Generation Legacy Challenge
    Sim Choice Awards 2018! || My Full Wordpress || Twitter: Jmaraasims
  • MISSkhMISSkh Posts: 3 New Member
    So .the heir has to stay on the lot untill they die' i'm gonna need some help with that rule. So the daughter or son is not aloud to move when he/she becomes a young adult and has to stay home? Or am i totally wrong. You have to forgive me its my first legacy try :blush:
  • MoonSimmerMoonSimmer Posts: 85 Member
    This seems interesting! I'll have to bookmark and play eventually! Has anyone played all the way through?
    ea2.jpg
    In the sims, you rule! kinda
  • Liziann1Liziann1 Posts: 1,461 Member
    I am playing Gen 2 my heir just died of old age, and my gen 2 sim is level 9 in tech guru, so nearly time for Gen 3 :) I am enjoying this challenge very much :)

Check out My showcase thread
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/853211/dizzisquirrels-showcase#latest]
    or look for me in the Gallery
    aka DizziSquirrel

• islem101islem101 Posts: 59 Member
    edited April 2015
    Liziann1 wrote: »
    I am playing Gen 2 my heir just died of old age, and my gen 2 sim is level 9 in tech guru, so nearly time for Gen 3 :) I am enjoying this challenge very much :)

I am also busy with my second generation ;)
    My first heir is based on me and since i am a boy, i made a female version of me.
    This is my first generation heir.
    2vn1frm.png

And this is my Second and current heir
    qn8ytf.png
  • iJaeMoniqueiJaeMonique Posts: 1 New Member
    I just started the challenge. This really seems like a fun one. I will be putting it on youtube.
  • QueenStuffsQueenStuffs Posts: 41 Member
    I really like this challenge and i will be sure to do it after i finish the challenge that i am currently doing :smile:
  • AJroxs18AJroxs18 Posts: 311 Member
    Does anyone know if the first gen mom can do anything else to make money? I'm getting ready to begin this challenge and it's going to be my first legacy one :open_mouth:
    >>>:Follow me on Origin and follow on the Gallery: @ AJroxs18:<<<
  • ItestsimmerIItestsimmerI Posts: 4 New Member
    Im gonna play this in a bit! It sounds really fun! Only if my family weren't using the computer the whole time.....
    @Cookingpup99 When I make my sim, can I send you a pic? Wait, how do you do that?
    Anyways, Love from a New York simmer!
    :D
    > @ItestsimmerI said:
    > Im gonna play this in a bit! It sounds really fun! Only if my family weren't using the computer the whole time.....
    > Cookingpup99 When I make my sim, can I send you a pic? Wait, how do you do that?
    > Anyways, Love from a New York simmer!
    > :D

If you wanted to show her a pic I think there is a certain amount of posts and stuff you have to do to be a member, and then you should be able to share a picture. I don't know the exact requirements to be a member though...
  • ItestsimmerIItestsimmerI Posts: 4 New Member
    @aj_4182 Thank you!
    > @ItestsimmerI said:
    > aj_4182 Thank you!

No problem, fellow mid-atlantic here, from Jersey! lol :)
  • Katari15Katari15 Posts: 27 Member
    This challenge is awesome! I'm almost to the fourth generation already :)
    edited April 2015
    Hi everyone sorry for late reply, haven't been on here for ages!!!

First things first...
    @GeorgiaTehSimmer You like OUAT too?! Ah I'm so happy right now!!! Being not from USA I have to watch it on netflix and they haven't put S4 EP18 up yet and I'm just here pulling my eyes out XD

@carlimact I'll check that out after looking at all other replies LoL I never thought this would be so popular XD 4 pages is a lot for one of my topics and it seems that this is doing better for Sims 4 than it was for Sims 3

@Catrina657 Thanks :) I've completely forgotten what Gen 6 is *goes back and checks* That should be an interesting one to try :)

@Liziann1Hi, sorry for late reply, you've probably gotten bored of waiting or already done the generation by now LoL but in answer to your question, no there aren't any rules, as long as they don't join a career they can do anything they like as to regards to making money.

2nd comment/post thing: I'm glad you're enjoying the challenge :) You've gotten him/her promoted really quickly :O It would've taken me at least like 2 weeks to get my sim up that high XD.

@Jmaraa Thanks so much :) I'm not doing that one anymore now, got bored, but yes it was based on it but I think I kinda went off on a tangent LoL. That was probably one of my worse legacies to be honest. I've started up a new legacy to explore the Get To Work expansion pack. I'll post the URL up in a minute after I've finished replying to everyone, read carlimact's legacy and got the first chapter up. It's going to be kind of interactive with polls and stuff so people can kinda choose the path the family go down.

@MISSkh Hi, again sorry for late reply, I realise you've probably either got bored or moved on to next gen. You're on the right lines. When you pick the next generation leader/heir, which is only one child, they cannot move away from the lot you are currently on as that would be moving your legacy. Any other children can move off the lot. If you want me to explain some more just ask... I'm not sure if this is a great explanation LoL.

@MoonSimmer Thank you :)

@islem101 They are both really pretty! Sorry for having to make you make yourself as a girl LoL didn't really think about that.

@iJaeMonique Thank you :) If you let me know when you have posted a video, let me know and I'll check them out :)

@QueenStuffs Thank you very much :)

@aj_4182 Again, sorry for late reply. You've probs moved on XD I now know to come on here more often XD Like in reply to Lizann1 you can do whatever you like to earn money other than join a new career.

@ItestsimmerI I can't actually remember, I know it's like either 30 or 50 posts and a certain amount of likes or badges or something. There is a thread about it. If you just search it on google then it'll come up I would imagine. If you upload your sim to the gallery I can have a look.

@Katari15 Wow! 4th gen already! Thanks for the kind comment :)

Ah, thank you all for the replies!!! I'll be back again extremely soon with comments on carlimact's legacy and my new legacy URL.

Here's a sneak peak picture of the siblings from my new legacy.

04-13-15_8-50c2a0pm.png

@carlimact I love the name you've chosen for her cowplant. Nicholas has all the makings for a great Gen 2 heir :D
    Post edited by Cookingpup99 on
    edited April 2015
    Thanks for the reply, you actually came at the perfect time because my sim literally just had her child so she has to quit her job now. Now I know she can at least write books, good thing she's in the writing career :)
  • Katari15Katari15 Posts: 27 Member
    edited April 2015
    @Cookingpup99 Yeah I'm super excited :) It's getting kinda hard with all of the Sims in the house now though! My founder Sim is still alive and her kid is already an elder like she is, kinda crazy haha
    edited April 2015
    @aj_4182 Your welcome :) Was it a girl or a boy?

@Katria15 Your founder sim is still alive? Wow! That's an achievement!

EDIT: I feel I should put a more up to date profile picture up, this one's of a legacy I spent about half an hour on before deleting XD
    It was a girl named Marina, after Marina and the Diamonds! My founder also just opened a retail store to add funds along with her book royalties. It's called Brooke's Bakery. :) This challenge is great!
    edited April 2015
    @aj_4182 Thank you :) I forgot about the whole get to work thing, stupid of me to forget seeing as I have it LoL! I'll need to update this for the EP.

This is to everyone. I'm making a new blog but not sure which challenge to do yet so started a poll with the ones I'm considering. As much as I love Axel and Angela, I find it easier to start with one sim and I don't want to split them up. (Look at me getting attached to my sims :lol: )

So follow the link and vote :)

https://thewhittenlegacy.wordpress.com/the-chapters/
    Post edited by Cookingpup99 on

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top