Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"You Rule" with Options (Aliens Off / On)

Comments

• Options
    Devynsims00Devynsims00 Posts: 3,392 Member
    @rawan1203 That would be nice!! Until then, at least the OPTION to turn Aliens Off/On will suffice for me (as with any future supernaturals that are brought in)

:D
    OJGRGDT.gif
  • Options
    chele5213chele5213 Posts: 32 Member
    Count me in on having options - I don't want to play with aliens, vampires, etc. And I do not want male pregnancies!! So far, I have had only one Sim abducted and she was in the medical career. I wasn't worried about a pregnancy since the household already has 8.
  • Options
    satorimoonsatorimoon Posts: 54 Member
    I am the OP of the WHAT ABOUT US ALIEN LOVERS???!! WANT MALE PREGNANCY BACK!! thread. I would be thrilled if they had just given us an on and off switch so to speak for alien abduction or if the male sim wants to get pregnant! They should not have gone to the extreme measure and messed with rates and stuff. My husband's sim who was always getting abducted right after giving birth, has not been abducted once since the patch. He has been rendered sterile for all intents and purposes.

Give us back what you stole from us!! Repair this with some kind of cheat to work as a switch or something! smh
  • Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options would have been better than changing the game entirely, possibly satisfying some but leaving others totally dissatisfied. Sims 2 had it right: use the expensive telescope if you want abduction and a baby, use the inexpensive one if you don't. A toggle is another good idea. I'm not convinced that totally changing the system (no male pregnancy from interaction with female aliens, reduced chance of abduction, reduced chance of pregnancy) satisfied anyone.
  • Options
    RemySimsRemySims Posts: 380 Member
    So much for options. At this point I don't even think there are aliens in my game. If they are going to implement aliens in a EP they should have options on how many aliens/abductions occur in the game. I'm just a little peeved that they made it even harder for me to enjoy a part of a game that I've loved for a long time. :#
  • Options
    RiverNixRiverNix Posts: 73 Member
    > @MsPhy said:
    > Options would have been better than changing the game entirely, possibly satisfying some but leaving others totally dissatisfied. Sims 2 had it right: use the expensive telescope if you want abduction and a baby, use the inexpensive one if you don't. A toggle is another good idea.

Either of those options would be wonderful.

I just hope Aliens/Abductions don't get linked together with whatever solution they end up with. I love having the ability to go meet them if I want but the random abductions/forced pregnancy is something I'd rather never have to deal with.
  • Options
    InvaderchickycatInvaderchickycat Posts: 809 Member
    RemySims wrote: »
    So much for options. At this point I don't even think there are aliens in my game. If they are going to implement aliens in a EP they should have options on how many aliens/abductions occur in the game. I'm just a little peeved that they made it even harder for me to enjoy a part of a game that I've loved for a long time. :#

I'm glad I stuck around to read rather than buy the game as I love aliens this is good to know and makes me less interested in the game.
  • Options
    @MSPHY Totally, 100% agree!!

@REMYSIMS As much as I HATE to say this, use the cheat to get a Satellite. Place it on your lot & attract them. Why? I had to use the cheat to plop down satellites on every lot to avoid aliens. ( OPTIONS help lol) Good luck on finding your Alien lover :)

I hate saying use Cheats, only because we shouldn't have to in order to enjoy our game play. Or mods. But we have to do what we have to do from time to time, while we sit & hope for a future solution. Not a fan of it, but it happens. Whether its me or someone else needing to resort to other methods of enhancing game play.
    OJGRGDT.gif
  • Options
    WolfEyesWolfEyes Posts: 2,192 Member
    I'd like an option to be able to toggle aliens/supernaturals (if we ever get supers) on/off per game save so that I can have them in one save but not others. If that makes any sense.

I don't remember having any off/on toggles for such things in TS1 or TS2 and I never got to play TS3 so I'm not sure just how they work or if my idea is even possible. i-dunno-hand-gesture-smiley-emoticon.gif
    Sims 4 Simple Elegance

152511.gif

This is the truth.
    Mitakuye oyasin.
    To all my relations, keep dancing.
    Believe or you will not see.
  • Options
    @WOLFEYES None for Aliens in previous expansions, however in TS2 there were specific things to do in order to gain Alien abductions. In TS3 it was a random situation, no matter what you did or did not do (this ruined the Seasons EP for me).

Now in TS4, it was implemented very poorly, people having no abductions to nightly abductions.

An OPTION to Turn them all On/Off would be wonderful (hopefully extending to townies that have seemingly infested the world... TS3 vampires/paparazzi anyone?).
    OJGRGDT.gif
  • Options
    WolfEyesWolfEyes Posts: 2,192 Member
    @WOLFEYES None for Aliens in previous expansions, however in TS2 there were specific things to do in order to gain Alien abductions. In TS3 it was a random situation, no matter what you did or did not do (this ruined the Seasons EP for me).

Now in TS4, it was implemented very poorly, people having no abductions to nightly abductions.

An OPTION to Turn them all On/Off would be wonderful (hopefully extending to townies that have seemingly infested the world... TS3 vampires/paparazzi anyone?).

I'm not sure why you are telling me this. The only iteration of the Sims I never played was TS3. I have read most (if not all) the threads about the alien abduction issues with TS4 and I do have GTW.

My point was, I don't want to turn them off completely. I just don't want them in every "game" I play. I have several different saves with different sims I created in each one. Aliens just don't fit into the "stories" I have going for those saves. The next save I am planning will have aliens. So I don't want them turned off completely, just for those saves that they don't belong in.
    Sims 4 Simple Elegance

152511.gif

This is the truth.
    Mitakuye oyasin.
    To all my relations, keep dancing.
    Believe or you will not see.
  • Options
    JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    edited April 2015
    For me personally, aliens were a major selling point for me and the Get To Work EP. This is because ever since TS2, aliens have always been my favorite non-human lifestate and I find the recent decrease that EA / Maxis implemented extremely disappointing.

Quite honestly, instead of taking the route of forcing game changes on everyone I don't understand why we cannot have options in the menu to either enable/disable or increase/decrease alien abductions within out game. This would make much more sense and appeal to the majority of simmers.
    Post edited by Jase on
  • Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    What did aliens have to do with a work EP in the first place? They should have had them in a Futuristic EP. Then those that like this sort of thing could buy it, and those that don't wouldn't.
  • Options
    @CATITUDE5 No idea, lol! And I agree that the setting you recommend would have been perfect. However I can understand that many Simmers enjoy Aliens & always express the desire to have them in game. I just wish OPTIONS came along with them for those that do not :D

@JASE Totally agree!! :D
    OJGRGDT.gif
  • Options
    satorimoonsatorimoon Posts: 54 Member
    It had to do with the Scientist career and meeting aliens, and being abducted and having relationships with them. I just want to be able to choose when to play with the alien gameplay components and when I don't want them active.
  • Options
    corky7cacorky7ca Posts: 46 Member
    EA giveth and EA taketh away! Just when everyone was really happy and enjoying the new expansion, They went overboard and took the fun alien interaction away! Those of us who liked abductions are now stuck with NONE! Thanks EA you blew it again!
  • Options
    esharpmajoresharpmajor Posts: 1,055 Member
    edited April 2015
    Absolutely agree with op. There are a variety of things stopping me from investing further in s4, but not being able to control alien spawning is one of the main ones holding me back from getting gtw.

I like making my own stories. I feel like the town story (with the addition of gtw) *has* to become "quiet town is invaded by incognito aliens; the local populace is being abducted and impregnated by these visitors, will the "Maker" allow everyone in town be turned into aliens?" To me, personally, this is not a very open ended story. The outcome is either 'yes, my whole town is infested,' or 'no, I went into manage households and deleted them all.' There's no way for sims to 'combat' the invasion in-game, making the story too "meta" for my liking. I want more in-game consequences! I want more integration! I'm going hoarse from repeating it.

If ea is going to add aliens with no player management options, then they need to give us live-mode, sim initiated, control options. If i cant turn them off with a click, then I want a MIB style investigative unit that can reveal aliens and evict them from the town! Lol. Surely a toggle is the simpler option.

I'd much rather just turn supernaturals off if the alternative is more micro management. IMO that's the last thing ts4 needs; I already spend a disproportionate amount of time managing households as it is.

Eta: oh yea, and just lowering the abduction and spawn rate to almost nil is *so* not the answer, as many have reported post patch. Why make people who DO want to experience an alien invasion suffer because others want no aliens at all? A toggle is the only option I can see. I'd love to see three options;
    1. INVASION!
    2. Rare
    3. Off
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    @CORKY7CA I understand your frustration, however other players experienced unhappy play with so many abductions. If EA had just given us OPTIONS to control (Rule) how we play, rather than disrupting our game play, things might have been more balanced & less complaints.

@ESHARPMAJOR Exactly. I do not mind Aliens or other Supernatural beings (I actually enjoy many of them) entering my Sims game play, but I do not want it to be FORCED on my game play & having the OPTION to control (Off / On ) would make me, and maybe many others feel we actually do rule our game play, rather than this forced game play that's experienced.
    OJGRGDT.gif
  • Options
    corky7cacorky7ca Posts: 46 Member
    I think options would be great. I never had much luck in Sims 3 getting abducted no matter what telescope I used or how many space rocks I had on my property so when aliens were introduced in Sims 4 I was so happy. Now my chances have been reduced even more! I hope EA sees the complaints and gives us options as you mentioned so that everyone has a choice as to whether they want lots of them or none at all!
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited April 2015
    @CINEBAR That's a nice thought, but I'd prefer the full Option. Mostly due to the trigger (Sims 3) not a well-working feature. I could play a Sim with no skills gained, no space rocks, no scopes used and still get abducted. Was not a fan of this method at all & totally ruined Seasons.

If I, or We Rule... I'd much prefer full optional control over disruptive features implemented into the game :D

I strongly disagree The Sims shouldn't have toggles. I don't think I am the only one. It's a life simulator or should be, and not a RPG game. RPG games have toggles, aka, why I fussed so much with the TS3 on the TS3 forum. Fussed everyday about this concept. What some of us are saying is this: Life Simulators hand players circumstances that sometimes they have no control over, they have to find a way to get around it, by the life simulator actually programming into the game a way to get around it. Like a cancel button, or a safety valve in their game play to avoid it, but never a toggle. TS1, TS2 didn't have toggles, because they are true life simulators, sandbox. Built on life throws monkey wrenches into your best laid plans, but programmed into those games, ways to get around things without cheating. TS3 and TS4 have failed to do that imho. And as pretty, and simulating as TS3 was, it was still produced by a man who felt The Sims should be more RPG than anything. And I would guess these developers agree with that. TS1 and TS2 threw many situations at a player and through gameplay they were able to avoid or recover the situation. TS3 and TS4 play out like RPGs with toggles and scripted/directive play and why many people who prefer life simulator/sandbox games don't like them so much.

Corrected 'should' to shouldn't.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    2011simone2011simone Posts: 2,444 Member
    Totally agree, not interested in aliens at all
    My origin id is sim2011
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I think I don't want tick mark options. I want telescopes back like the Sims 2 ones. One that Sims could be abducted and one that Sims can't be. I don't want the Sims 4 to feel like a MMORPG with ton of tick mark options. I want it to be sandbox for object options for those that want and don't want aliens.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    @CINEBAR I can respect that & some people enjoy the random fun that games can bring. I just have an issue when it's forced play that disrupts my gaming progress :D

@SCOBRE The way the Sims 2 telescopes worked would be fine with me, as I still had an OPTION as to whether or not I wanted Aliens involved into my game play & would welcome it as opposed to manually checking off a box. As long as it was not a broke as it was in TS3. TS2 Had a wonderful method of contacting Aliens... when we chose to do so (options). :D
    OJGRGDT.gif
  • Options
    moondansrmoondansr Posts: 12 New Member
    I am a huge fan of having options for alien abductions. A slid bar, or a percentage bar would be great, or possibly an object you place in town that encourages that type of sim to your town. That would allow for different games (saves) to have aliens (or supernaturals if they add them), and only the kinds you want. If you want more aliens, you put out more of the object. A statue would work well for instance.