Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

NEW LOT: Castle Keep_by ehaught58

ehaught58ehaught58 Posts: 2,765 Member
Castle Keep_by ehaught58. 3 Br, 7 Ba, Speak Easy, Gym, Grand Entry, Royal Dining Hall, Library, Workshop, Swimming Pool Moat, much more! Fit for a king! #ehaught58 #castle

KXDVJF9.png
hUsBPQb.png
Z7aNeBK.png
YyDZRLG.png
21wUfBO.png
UHCplzl.png
nSziBr6.png
Qsbw9Xd.png
lr1dtEB.png
xbXIbyd.png
nR3LkZH.png
hBPjRnI.png

Thank you for your support..... Ed
fkgck4xkargo.png
"If you build it, they will come." - Movie: Field of Dreams

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,522 Member
    edited April 2015
    Castle Keep is very grand! :) The exterior design of the home is so very nice! The layout of the build is so very nice! It looks very nice how you have the water moat around the edges of the building. Sims will enjoy swimming in the moat! The water fountain features in the front entrance area of the home looks very nice! It is nice that you have a bridge and archway entrance to the home. Very nice dome roofing! The towers look so very nice! It is great that you have a rocket in the build! Nice gardening balcony for sims to enjoy growing plants and trees in the gardening boxes. The shape of the exterior patio around the main building looks great! It looks very nice the types of and how you have placed the windows in the build! The texture of the exterior is very nice, Very nice layout and furnishing of the interior of the home! The top level of the build is a very nice place for sims to enjoy sitting around the fire keeping warm, chatting and telling stories. They will enjoy sitting on the stools having a drink from the bar and listening to the music from the grand piano being played. They will have fun playing chess there. The shield banners on the walls look great! Very nice middle area of the home, where you have the red sofa seating! It looks nice how you have placed the sofas there, for simd to enjoy sitting resting and having a chat. The candles on the middle table are very nice touches there. The Knights sculptures there look great! The speakeasy in the basement lower level of the castle looks great! Sims will enjoy playing card games on the table there, whilst having a drink from the bar and listening to music from the juke box. The neon bar lights look great on the wall! The room of bottles of drink looks great! The throne room is very nice! It looks nice how you have placed the three red royal throne seats together, and have the red curtains behind them, and large shield banners on the wall. The red flowers look nice either sides of the throne area. The way you have placed the tables joined together in a square looks very great! The Knights standing guard look great!
    There are many great features of the castle home! The layout and design of the build, both the exterior and the interior is so very great! :)
  • masajomasajo Posts: 5,993 Member
    Castle Keep is such a stunning build with fantastic architecture and a fabulous roof structure. The interiors are gorgeous and very much in keeping with the castle theme. Great work :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • SimChelle1982SimChelle1982 Posts: 2,666 Member
    Wow, this is a very creative build!! Impressive!! Amazing work. :)
    15172699815_7cdb04275d_o.png
  • ehaught58ehaught58 Posts: 2,765 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    Castle Keep is very grand! :) The exterior design of the home is so very nice! The layout of the build is so very nice! It looks very nice how you have the water moat around the edges of the building. Sims will enjoy swimming in the moat! The water fountain features in the front entrance area of the home looks very nice! It is nice that you have a bridge and archway entrance to the home. Very nice dome roofing! The towers look so very nice! It is great that you have a rocket in the build! Nice gardening balcony for sims to enjoy growing plants and trees in the gardening boxes. The shape of the exterior patio around the main building looks great! It looks very nice the types of and how you have placed the windows in the build! The texture of the exterior is very nice, Very nice layout and furnishing of the interior of the home! The top level of the build is a very nice place for sims to enjoy sitting around the fire keeping warm, chatting and telling stories. They will enjoy sitting on the stools having a drink from the bar and listening to the music from the grand piano being played. They will have fun playing chess there. The shield banners on the walls look great! Very nice middle area of the home, where you have the red sofa seating! It looks nice how you have placed the sofas there, for simd to enjoy sitting resting and having a chat. The candles on the middle table are very nice touches there. The Knights sculptures there look great! The speakeasy in the basement lower level of the castle looks great! Sims will enjoy playing card games on the table there, whilst having a drink from the bar and listening to music from the juke box. The neon bar lights look great on the wall! The room of bottles of drink looks great! The throne room is very nice! It looks nice how you have placed the three red royal throne seats together, and have the red curtains behind them, and large shield banners on the wall. The red flowers look nice either sides of the throne area. The way you have placed the tables joined together in a square looks very great! The Knights standing guard look great!
    There are many great features of the castle home! The layout and design of the build, both the exterior and the interior is so very great! :)

Thanks Rose! You always beat everybody to the punch!
    fkgck4xkargo.png
    masajo wrote: »
    Castle Keep is such a stunning build with fantastic architecture and a fabulous roof structure. The interiors are gorgeous and very much in keeping with the castle theme. Great work :)

Thank you so much, masajo! :)
    fkgck4xkargo.png
  • petalbotpetalbot Posts: 1,423 Member
    Your castle is fantastic Ed! I love how you did the interiors and the architecture is great as well. :)
    sigg.gif

Wow, this is a very creative build!! Impressive!! Amazing work. :)

Thanks, SimChelle1982! :)
    fkgck4xkargo.png
  • yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    WOW! It is simply amazing Ed! I saw it in the gallery and was curious to see more pics. Great job! Love the roof and the architecture! Already added to my favourites. :)
    petalbot wrote: »
    Your castle is fantastic Ed! I love how you did the interiors and the architecture is great as well. :)

Thanks,petalbot! :)
    fkgck4xkargo.png
  • SimGuruBChickSimGuruBChick Posts: 1,013 SimGuru (retired)
    That is one fantastic build. I particularly love the way you have kept consistency throughout the build, in every little detail. Nice work.
    SimGuruBChick
    Infinite Diversity, Infinite Combinations
    Thanks to 06bon06 for my lovely new signature pic

p8sfgs0mgkwd.jpg
  • Ash072Ash072 Posts: 1,324 Member
    Great keep, Ed! I think every owner of a castle needs their own getaway rocket. :smile: You're wine cellar is clever and spot on. Your roofing is a major highlight for me.
    5sXtTqH.png
  • RyeCris16RyeCris16 Posts: 2,293 Member
    edited April 2015
    Castle Keep is very grand and gorgeous! :smiley:
    I like your architecture, so rustic and charming. Awesome roofing work too! I like those domes. Your landscaping is very adorable! I like your placement of trees and rocks. Adorable river around the building too! And your interior, gorgeously beautiful! Awesome use of Victorian furnishing, very Medieval feel.
    I love it! I already added this to my faves! :smiley:

EDIT: Also, I like your winery at the basement. ;)
    EA ID: RyeCris16 | Tags: #RyeCris16
    yanti68 wrote: »
    WOW! It is simply amazing Ed! I saw it in the gallery and was curious to see more pics. Great job! Love the roof and the architecture! Already added to my favourites. :)

Thanks, Yanti! :)
    fkgck4xkargo.png
  • CyprusCyprus Posts: 27 New Member
    The exterior is brilliant, there's a few things I'd change just on personal taste, but very complicated and well-executed design. Also reasonably accurate in your attempt to capture the Renaissance styled exterior with the watchtower posts and barracks. I do however think you should redesign the interior, because some of it doesn't flow with the castle theme. Some interior themes kind of clash with each other as well. Some rooms look upper-class suburban, other's palace-like, and some VIP lounge-like. Now really, you could go with a more modern look for the castle like it has been reworked as a modern residence and fit for modern lifestyle with the upper-class look and make it work. Personally I would go with a more colonial style. (dark woods, neutral tones in rooms, hand-crafted yet classy look) In this direction it would be best to get rid of the gym and redo the living area and pretty much deprive yourself of technology in rooms.
    yanti68 wrote: »
    Thanks Yanti! :) I appreciate you taking the time to check out my post after seeing it in the gallery.
    fkgck4xkargo.png
    That is one fantastic build. I particularly love the way you have kept consistency throughout the build, in every little detail. Nice work.
    Thanks, SimGuruBChick! :) This was a tough build. I always have a hard time working everything in to any house that is not square! lol

fkgck4xkargo.png
    Ash072 wrote: »
    Great keep, Ed! I think every owner of a castle needs their own getaway rocket. :smile: You're wine cellar is clever and spot on. Your roofing is a major highlight for me.
    Thanks Ash072! :smiley: I threw the rocket in just to show that it would fit there if you wanted one. Personally, I didn't like it and removed it after uploading the lot. :)
    fkgck4xkargo.png
    RyeCris16 wrote: »
    Castle Keep is very grand and gorgeous! :smiley:
    I like your architecture, so rustic and charming. Awesome roofing work too! I like those domes. Your landscaping is very adorable! I like your placement of trees and rocks. Adorable river around the building too! And your interior, gorgeously beautiful! Awesome use of Victorian furnishing, very Medieval feel.
    I love it! I already added this to my faves! :smiley:

EDIT: Also, I like your winery at the basement. ;)

Thanks, RyeCris16! I like the Speakeasy (winery), too. I couldn't think of anything to put there, and it just kind of evolved as I was playing around with it! lol
    fkgck4xkargo.png
    Cyprus wrote: »
    The exterior is brilliant, there's a few things I'd change just on personal taste, but very complicated and well-executed design. Also reasonably accurate in your attempt to capture the Renaissance styled exterior with the watchtower posts and barracks. I do however think you should redesign the interior, because some of it doesn't flow with the castle theme. Some interior themes kind of clash with each other as well. Some rooms look upper-class suburban, other's palace-like, and some VIP lounge-like. Now really, you could go with a more modern look for the castle like it has been reworked as a modern residence and fit for modern lifestyle with the upper-class look and make it work. Personally I would go with a more colonial style. (dark woods, neutral tones in rooms, hand-crafted yet classy look) In this direction it would be best to get rid of the gym and redo the living area and pretty much deprive yourself of technology in rooms.

@Cyprus Thanks for your honest critique, Cyprus! :) I agree that it is kind of a mish-mash of interior furnishings. I did want to go with the medieval theme, but because of the lack of enough era furnishings, I gave up on that theme and just furnished it to fill it up... so to speak. I keep in mind that most people will rearrange or change things to fit their tastes, so I don't worry to much about the furnishings in my builds. In fact, I do that myself when I download other peoples lots as soon as I first open them.
    fkgck4xkargo.png
  • itguyinscitguyinsc Posts: 5,765 Member
    Knowing the quality of your previous work I was prepared to be impressed. Of course, you did not disappoint. This is yet another beautiful masterpiece with well thought out detail and architectural interest. Castle Keep is definitely a winner! :)
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • cameonet1950cameonet1950 Posts: 2,138 Member
    ehaught58 wrote: »
    Thanks Ash072! :smiley: I threw the rocket in just to show that it would fit there if you wanted one. Personally, I didn't like it and removed it after uploading the lot. :)

Spectacular build as ALWAYS! Good call on removing the rocket-ship before uploading it. I was actually surprised to see it because stuff like that is so ... um ... not you! ;) My only criticism is how dark the rooms are but I have an idea that might help with pics of them without adding a bunch of lights and BEFORE you upload the lots. However, I don't know if this will work in TS4 because I don't have/play that version of the game:

Knock down a wall or more to flood the room(s) with natural light > take the pic then put the wall(s) back up. This works beautifully in TS3 for close interior shots so maybe it will work as well in TS4. Overhead shots would be tricky since you don't want it to look "broken" but it's worth trying if you haven't already. Just a thought. o:)

<3 Cam
    TS3Siggy.jpg

Spectacular build as ALWAYS! Good call on removing the rocket-ship before uploading it. I was actually surprised to see it because stuff like that is so ... um ... not you! ;) My only criticism is how dark the rooms are but I have an idea that might help with pics of them without adding a bunch of lights and BEFORE you upload the lots. However, I don't know if this will work in TS4 because I don't have/play that version of the game:

Knock down a wall or more to flood the room(s) with natural light > take the pic then put the wall(s) back up. This works beautifully in TS3 for close interior shots so maybe it will work as well in TS4. Overhead shots would be tricky since you don't want it to look "broken" but it's worth trying if you haven't already. Just a thought. o:)

<3 Cam

Thanks for the suggestion, Cam. I will give it a try next time, though I am not sure if it will make a difference. Actually, the rooms are not as dark when in game play, only when I take pictures. Another way to make it brighter is to use the MOO cheat and place lights one on top of the other. This makes the room a lot brighter.
    fkgck4xkargo.png
  • Ash072Ash072 Posts: 1,324 Member

Thanks for the suggestion, Cam. I will give it a try next time, though I am not sure if it will make a difference. Actually, the rooms are not as dark when in game play, only when I take pictures. Another way to make it brighter is to use the MOO cheat and place lights one on top of the other. This makes the room a lot brighter.

Another option is to enable the debug item cheat and you can place ambient lighting squares/tiles that don't show up in game but do illuminate the area.
    5sXtTqH.png
  • agusiamalagusiamal Posts: 294 Member
    Although I'm a modern beast I think I could live in such a castle! It's really beautiful! :)

Another option is to enable the debug item cheat and you can place ambient lighting squares/tiles that don't show up in game but do illuminate the area.

This ^^^
    fkgck4xkargo.png