Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Small neighborhoods?

How do you deal with the small neighborhoods in TS4? I am trying to fill my neighborhood with Sims, but it seems as though there are not enough places to live. Is the neighborhood more customizable than I think and I just haven't figured it out yet? Am I just too stuck on TS3? :(

Comments

• kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    You are just too stuck on S3. I deal with the small neighborhoods by wishing they were bigger. I've also changed all their lifespans to normal so I can move them along faster to make room for the offspring. I do this while wishing and hoping EA will eventually give us some more worlds.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • ShivaShiva Posts: 111 Member
    It's not customisable, I'm afraid.

And rather than "being stuck" on TS3, it's more to do with the fact that after playing three games - including the very first - with large, spacious neighbourhoods, 4's sudden inclusion of sectioned off, small, claustrophobic maps is naturally going to feel very jarring.

I still don't understand why they did it.
  • SophieElizabethAnnSophieElizabethAnn Posts: 616 Member
    They are unfortunately small. :( I was okay to start with but after having the game now since launch, I've run out of room just about. I have several save files just so I can fit all of my sims in, but it is annoying.
  • The_SimScraperThe_SimScraper Posts: 2,083 Member
    I think i'll be able to cope with their size when we can edit public spaces, i dream of adding brides to rivers and just more things to do in them
  • JPG619JPG619 Posts: 460 Member
    edited April 2015
    @parias1126 what I do with the small towns I remove the gym, museum in one of the regions and change the lot type and use them as home for my sims
  • ShivaShiva Posts: 111 Member
    > @JPG619 said:
    > parias1126 what I do with the small towns I remove the gym, museum in one of the regions and change the lot type and use them as home for my sims

Not a bad idea, the museum is completely pointless anyway.
    edited April 2015
    You need the museum if you have an artist sim in the art career. There is a requirement to view paintings at the museum. The gym is needed if you have a bodybuilder sim. There is a requirement to work out at the gym. There is also a requirement to mentor 10 sims. This is easiest to do at the gym. There are requirements that utilize those venues. The rest aren't needed. Just FYI.
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    kremesch73 wrote: »
    You need the museum if you have an artist sim in the art career. There is a requirement to view paintings at the museum. The gym is needed if you have a bodybuilder sim. There is a requirement to work out at the gym. There is also a requirement to mentor 10 sims. This is easiest to do at the gym. There are requirements that utilize those venues. The rest aren't needed. Just FYI.

But there are two of those. You can remove one of each and still be fine.

• ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited April 2015
    Yeah the neighborhood sizes and the culling feature are horrible for generational and legacy players. A lot of players are deleting the premade families to fit in their Sims. So yes bigger and customized neighborhoods and being able to place lots were nice features in the Sims 2 and 3 games. CAW was nice and possible with those two games as well. The Sims 2 with the help of SimCity. Welcome to forums by the way.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    Yes we do not need two gyms and two museums and I thing that only the one in Willow Creek is a Art museum, the other one to me is useless also. You could turn it in to something else, or use it as a store, or residents. also there are 2 bars I think, so there are a lot of options. I only use one residential lot because in my Generation Challenge no one moves out. in the empty lots I add large families and it makes for more sims in the game.
  • RoyaiChaosRoyaiChaos Posts: 905 Member
    They said they had acknowleded the issue and were planning some things. I would expect some more lots added in the next EP.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited April 2015
    Yeah, it is plum on how small the neighborhoods are and I am not holding my breath on EA/Maxis doing anything to expand the sizes or provide some kind of editing tools to do it ourselves therefore I may have to wait 6 months to whenever EA/Maxis feels like giving us a new neighborhood.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • artistichippie2009artistichippie2009 Posts: 115 Member
    They seemed way to small in 4... I also miss the create a neighboorhood :(
  • TigresslullabyTigresslullaby Posts: 94 Member
    Yeah, the size of the neighborhoods is one of my biggest issues with the game. I think the Goth family is the only original one that I have left. I was really looking forward to a new neighborhood in GTW and having the addition of only 4 lots was a huge disappointment. I really don't mind how they set it up in sections since they are trying to let the game work on lower end computers, but there is not enough room.
    Origin id: DontBlink21

=] Happy Simming!
  • SimsdxSimsdx Posts: 210 Member
    Yeah... I'm wondering the same thing. But they said they'll take care of the Towns soon.
  • PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    I changed the park in Oasis Springs to more of multi skills center. There is a museum, library, gym and what not. I am working on redoing it now that we have basements! (c:

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
    ejoslin wrote: »
    kremesch73 wrote: »

But there are two of those. You can remove one of each and still be fine.

I had no idea there were two of each. It's been so long since I origninally saw the worlds before I messed with them. The first thing I did when the game came out was delete everything and save it as a template. I've edited it with OR and GTW to make them empty as well. I start all my games on that save and then rename it to something else. Saves me the trouble of always having to delete everything.
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,114 Member
    Simsdx wrote: »
    Yeah... I'm wondering the same thing. But they said they'll take care of the Towns soon.

I'm personally not holding my breath for that to mean very much. The days of custom neighborhood creation are pretty much out the door now that an overwhelming amount of the neighborhoods are deco. Hopefully they develop actual world's for future EP's. If $40 will get me one tiny neighborhood, then I can find better use of that money and I'll invest when it hits the clearance rack.
  • FoxcrestFoxcrest Posts: 348 Member
    RoyaiChaos wrote: »
    They said they had acknowleded the issue and were planning some things. I would expect some more lots added in the next EP.

Honestly 6 months for next EP for more space is too long for an issue that was brought up at launch!

They should be dealing with it and communicating now

• king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    TS3: Spoilt of choice where to live and if you don't like the world, make your own or download someone else's
    TS4: Not enough places to live, but that's not a problem, the game deleted Sims for you...
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
    I'm personally not holding my breath for that to mean very much. The days of custom neighborhood creation are pretty much out the door now that an overwhelming amount of the neighborhoods are deco. Hopefully they develop actual world's for future EP's. If $40 will get me one tiny neighborhood, then I can find better use of that money and I'll invest when it hits the clearance rack.

Same here.

I'm not inclined to buy an EP if that's the only way I'm going to get a new world, especially considering that I'm really not impressed with GTW in general. At this point, I feel they should be patched in, and they should open it in a way that allows us to add copies of existing worlds to expand on our space. That's about all I really expect at this point, and I highly doubt it will happen.
  • TigresslullabyTigresslullaby Posts: 94 Member
    One of the Gurus commented on someone complaining about the small neighborhood with GTW by saying that it was just supposed to be another area of Willow Creek. What I don't understand is why they didn't just actually add it to Willow Creek. It's not an open world so it shouldn't have been that difficult. They expanded the neighborhood in the Sims 1. I just see having a new map for four lots as pointless. Especially when they had to redo the world's screen because it could only hold 3 neighborhoods. Also the fact that each of those screens can only hold 3 make me feel like they don't plan on expanding the world much at all. This combined with the culling of sims really worries me.
    Origin id: DontBlink21

=] Happy Simming!
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    One of the Gurus commented on someone complaining about the small neighborhood with GTW by saying that it was just supposed to be another area of Willow Creek. What I don't understand is why they didn't just actually add it to Willow Creek. It's not an open world so it shouldn't have been that difficult. They expanded the neighborhood in the Sims 1. I just see having a new map for four lots as pointless. Especially when they had to redo the world's screen because it could only hold 3 neighborhoods. Also the fact that each of those screens can only hold 3 make me feel like they don't plan on expanding the world much at all. This combined with the culling of sims really worries me.

It would have looked much better as another area in Willow Creek, but my guess is they couldn't get it to work. I really don't understand why they didn't make a whole new world, though. Ambitions came with Twinbrook. I think Sims 2 OFB came with a new world as well (not a Sims 2 player yet, but working on it :D).

• crzy_gal_101crzy_gal_101 Posts: 1,856 Member
    ejoslin wrote: »

It would have looked much better as another area in Willow Creek, but my guess is they couldn't get it to work. I really don't understand why they didn't make a whole new world, though. Ambitions came with Twinbrook. I think Sims 2 OFB came with a new world as well (not a Sims 2 player yet, but working on it :D).
    OFB came with Bluewater Village, It had stores and houses!
    latest?cb=20141028172159

Official Katy Perry Sim: http://goo.gl/Vxo3Be
  • natashifiednatashified Posts: 3,314 Member
    I jut used one lot that had everything in it, when I needed to go to a place to fulfill something I would change the lot type.

It is sad that it has come to that.