Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS4 EARLY CONCEPT ART

savkethekingsavketheking Posts: 184 Member
http://massiveblack.com/projects/sims4/
http://jocelynliang.com/sims4.html

So i've just found some fetus Sims 4 concept, and Sims here look nothing like they do now, but they seem to be more realistic. What do you think?

Comments

• AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    Fetus? What? :D
  • savkethekingsavketheking Posts: 184 Member
    Astro wrote: »
    Fetus? What? :D

I mean early development concept art
  • Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    They were much better
    21mbz47.jpg
  • YazFoxxyYazFoxxy Posts: 1,219 Member
    Interesting.. early development it looks cool but it isn't very sims to me.
  • dorendia122dorendia122 Posts: 6,961 Member
    I...kinda like it.
    Gmmov8T.gif
  • SophieElizabethAnnSophieElizabethAnn Posts: 616 Member
    That's really interesting and oh my, the talent! I think some people underestimate how much artistry goes into creating a game like The Sims (and many others) and just see it as the final product: digital people. The amount of raw time/sketching/digital art/etc that goes on behind the scenes for months and months first is staggering. I have a whole new appreciation for the game now that I've seen this. :) Thank you for posting!
  • Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    I noticed some of the adults weren't the same height (the computer nerd). I wonder if they were thinking of making a height slider back then.
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • zagbooruleszagboorules Posts: 474 Member
    I like it! On Massiveblack.com the sims in the concept art looked more realistic IMO.

Also love how they used cauliflower as a texture reference for the afro :D
  • MandysAMessMandysAMess Posts: 2,694 Member
    Very cool! I remember seeing the 'Teen Rockstar' girl picture floating around before release.
    My Simblr: WaffleKone
  • LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    Pretty but the hair still looks clayish/playdoh-like. Oh well ...
  • Rud3BwoyzRud3Bwoyz Posts: 288 Member
    yea don't look real enough if it don't look like crysis or better we won't accept it
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Cool thank you for sharing. I like the Massive Black art link too. The shriveled miser old man and femme fatale would have been cool to have in the game, but I see some of the other styles in the game. If only our Sims could carry bags too.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • AyumapAyumap Posts: 3,425 Member
    edited April 2015
    I wish the game looked like that. It looks very clear. Not too realistic and not too cartoony.

I don't dislike the game now, but I really like how crisp the concept art is.

Edit: Wow the concept art for camping... I wish we had gotten all those areas!
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    http://massiveblack.com/projects/sims4/
    http://jocelynliang.com/sims4.html

So i've just found some fetus Sims 4 concept, and Sims here look nothing like they do now, but they seem to be more realistic. What do you think?

Yeah, we saw a lot of those in the TS4 Olympus. I actually liked how they looked in the Olympus more than I do now.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • emmaningemmaning Posts: 3,407 Member
    so much variety in skin tone and theres alot of good stuffs there. (its only concept art so it is just sketches so it may not look great!)
    feKqkxf.jpg

My blog: ning's backlog
    Don't forget the forum rules are on the forum- go find 'em!
  • DarleymikeyDarleymikey Posts: 4,047 Member
    edited April 2015
    Rud3Bwoyz wrote: »
    yea don't look real enough if it don't look like crysis or better we won't accept it

Close: If it doesn't look like it belongs on a mobile phone, EA won't accept it.

Really liked the concept art. <scratches head> It looks like they did the art, thought 'Nah, that's too good for our customers', burned it, lit-up some 'dobbies', then streamed episodes of 'Lazy Town'. That would explain the current graphics (it's as good as any other explanation). Wont be shocked to see Robby Rotten appear in an upcoming expansion pack.
    wallshot_zps9l41abih.jpg

Close: If it doesn't look like it belongs on a mobile phone, EA won't accept it.

Really liked the concept art. <scratches head> It looks like they did the art, thought 'Nah, that's too good for our customers', burned it, then streamed episode of 'Lazy Town' to inspire their new design. Wont be shocked to see Robby Rotten appear in an upcoming expansion pack.

meh i guess there is always sim3 ,i honestly like sims 4 but they should of def updated those textures/graphics a bit more than the sims 3 everythign else i don't mind waiting for
  • DarleymikeyDarleymikey Posts: 4,047 Member
    Those graphics would have been enough to push me into the 'try for 24 hr.' buy. At the very least, they would have made for interesting screenshots.
    wallshot_zps9l41abih.jpg
    i honestly tried to go back to sims 3 but for some reason sims 3 looks outdated
  • jaxie086jaxie086 Posts: 1,920 Member
    In the first link they had a number of characters with trait names like "The shriveled old man" or "The boy scout do gooder." Seems like these were characters designed for Olympus, where simmers could create and be anybody. I'm intrigued.
  • emmaningemmaning Posts: 3,407 Member
    jaxie086 wrote: »
    In the first link they had a number of characters with trait names like "The shriveled old man" or "The boy scout do gooder." Seems like these were characters designed for Olympus, where simmers could create and be anybody. I'm intrigued.

Yes they were olympus concept arts... Olympus I would've prefered to sims 4 tbh because then id get the sims to be online, it just seems like such a great idea....

Really liked the concept art. <scratches head> It looks like they did the art, thought 'Nah, that's too good for our customers', burned it, lit-up some 'dobbies', then streamed episodes of 'Lazy Town'. That would explain the current graphics (it's as good as any other explanation). Wont be shocked to see Robby Rotten appear in an upcoming expansion pack.

U made me laugh with tht one... Although it's probably not true most of it isn't, I disagree there, they did throw it away however but it is a very funny post.
    feKqkxf.jpg

My blog: ning's backlog
    Don't forget the forum rules are on the forum- go find 'em!
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited April 2015
    "Computer Nerd (Level 80 Paladin)" lol :D This must be from a long while ago! If that's a wow reference, the cap is now 100 I think.

Some of those outfits are cute. too bad
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • pottergoosepottergoose Posts: 1,543 Member
    This may be the whovian in me but the shriveled old man art looks exactly like William Hartnell :-O
    I'm the one who gripped you tight and raised you from perdition
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    Neat, thanks for posting. I love the concept art (stupid studio name though).

Did this one make it into the game? I find it amusing.

25un0gj.jpg
  • PixelsSquaredPixelsSquared Posts: 3,265 Member
    edited April 2015
    I realize that these are only sketches, but I wish TS4 looked like that! It has that perfect balance of artstyle; It's not in the uncanny valley, but it's not completely silly-looking either. With slightly more detailed skin and hair textures, it would have been perfect, especially when combined with the amazing early lighting engine.

16920938917_ed7b1382d2_o.jpg
    17127699031_3648c13bfa_o.jpg

Also, did you notice how there were three or four alternate sketches for the hairstyle concepts? It would have been nice if those were made into separate variations for those hairstyles instead of being scrapped. It would have added some variety to the existing hairstyles.
    ypU37gD.gif
    Pricefield forever.
    Time Won't Keep Us Apart - A story.
    MTS: SimsForever15 | Origin: vba152318 | Paradox: PixelsSquared | Simblr: PixelsSquared