Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 1: Ultimate Collection

colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
How would you like a Sims: Ultimate Collection in the future? Similar to the Sims 2: Ultimate Collection, but it has all the content that the Sims 1 in its collection.

I honestly would not mind. ;)

Comments

• CillianLoverCillianLover Posts: 405 Member
    I would love it! I'd spend hours finally being able to play the Makin' Magic pack on a computer that won't constantly crash.
  • TheOrangeBird01TheOrangeBird01 Posts: 171 Member
    I would LOVE for this to happen. I'm really hoping it does.
    tmKZ8py62rDk4.gif
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    They have a Sims Complete Collection on Amazon. It's the original Sims + all expansions.
  • CowPlantForHireCowPlantForHire Posts: 6,002 Member
    I would love to play The Sims again, especially since I never played the rest of its expansion packs. I only had Livin' Large and the base game. :)
    tumblr_msl1pmMPdd1sho68to1_400.gif
  • kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    I still have and play S1, but I think it would be a great idea for those who never played it before. It would give a great sense of how much the game has evolved in some areas, and devolved in others.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • mtwtfss71mtwtfss71 Posts: 173 Member
    Will it play on newer computers? And is it still possible to get The Sims 2?
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I don't get why EA won't just put The Sims Complete Collection for sale online. More people would have access to the game that started it all, and they would swim in money. Everyone wins.

I still have a physical copy that I bought online years ago. I haven't played it much recently, but at least it's always there whenever I feel like revisiting. And that's something that should be accessible to any simmer. :D
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • ericaduhericaduh Posts: 670 Member
    I have the complete collection already but I would love an ultimate collection with some of the The Sims Online objects.
    my simblr - http://ericalovessims.tumblr.com
    origin id & other social networks: ericaduh
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,823 Member
    mtwtfss71 wrote: »
    I know it still plays on Windows 7 and it is still possible to get 2. http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/814708/how-to-get-ts2-ultimate-collection/p1
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member

It is not possible to get the Sims 2: Ultimate Collection.

I am sure it would be possible to play on newer computers with a simple update that supports Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 8.1. Maybe OS X for those that play on their Macintosh computers. :)
  • mtwtfss71mtwtfss71 Posts: 173 Member
    Thanks both of you. :)
  • PixelsSquaredPixelsSquared Posts: 3,265 Member
    I would like them to release it for free on Origin for a while, just like they did with TS2: UC. They would need to change some coding to make it playable on newer computers though, or else it would be useless for most people.
    ypU37gD.gif
    Pricefield forever.
    Time Won't Keep Us Apart - A story.
    MTS: SimsForever15 | Origin: vba152318 | Paradox: PixelsSquared | Simblr: PixelsSquared
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,823 Member
    colton147 wrote: »

Oh but it is :smiley: Check out all these comments:
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/814708/how-to-get-ts2-ultimate-collection/p1
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited April 2015
    I would love it. I just have a few expansions for that game, but I still enjoy playing it. My brother told me about the Sims 2 UC and we both got that. I enjoy playing the Sims 2 as well.
    Post edited by Scobre on
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • KayxxFanpireKayxxFanpire Posts: 500 Member
    I was just talking about this the other night with my boyfriend. I think it would be really awesome if the came out with The Sims Ultimate Collection like they did with Sims 2. I don't know if I'd play it very much,but it would be nice to go back and see all the things I missed. I was kinda young when The Sims came out,I played the base game and had a couple of the expansions,but didn't play it all that much because I feel like the game was hard for me at the time. I didn't really get into Sims until Sims 2. I also think in the future they should do something similar with Sims 3. That probably won't happen for a really long time,but it would be nice if they did.
    03.22.2013 <3
  • Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member

Oh but it is :smiley: Check out all these comments:
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/814708/how-to-get-ts2-ultimate-collection/p1

Yeah a few of my friends were reaalllly late when they heard about the S2:UC but some of them asked customer support and EA gave it to them for being good customers o:)
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    They have a Sims Complete Collection on Amazon. It's the original Sims + all expansions.
    I've got that (in the yellow box). My mum bought it ages ago and could never get to grips with it (it was when TS2 was out and I was playing that instead). She gave it me cos she didn't want it anymore, but I have rarely touched it.

It does play on my pc (Windows 7), but it is like loading up an antique lol. It's almost like playing some graphically challenged floppy disc game on a Commodore 64 :D
  • Shadecaster101Shadecaster101 Posts: 1,343 Member
    There is already a thread about this in The Sims General Discussion (Memory Lane). Maybe you could check that out.

Anyway, I really hope they release one. My discs are scattered, I never got Hot Date or House Party, and none of them are installed on my computer.
  • Taranatar9Taranatar9 Posts: 1,062 Member
    I'd go for it. With another company I might even hope for a Sims 1 (and 2 for that matter) remastered collection with updated visuals and the old gameplay left untouched. Like the recent Homeworld rerelease.

Such a project is probably too ambitious for EA though.
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Taranatar9 wrote: »
    I'd go for it. With another company I might even hope for a Sims 1 (and 2 for that matter) remastered collection with updated visuals and the old gameplay left untouched. Like the recent Homeworld rerelease.

Such a project is probably too ambitious for EA though.

Oh yeah. I just realized that the original game can only go up to a resolution of 1024x768, which is woefully inadequate by today's standards. It would take a bit of tweaking to take advantage of higher resolutions with the current release.

The textures could also be given higher resolutions. And the interface could use an overhaul, because my friend once judged me when he saw me playing a game that used Comic Sans.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • emmaningemmaning Posts: 3,407 Member
    Personally I think they should do this to celebrate the sims andsay sorry to those who feel sad about no toddlers/cars etc by doing a release containing:
    -ea land (formerly the sims online) with free membership
    -the sims complete collection (it was released I think and called tht) but remastered a tiny bit to fit our screens
    That's it. That'd do us all... It'd give us all a little bit of something we want. If you own sims 4, it should be free with a code emailed to you. If you don't own sims 4, it should be: (converted using Google for ppl in every country)
    $10 in United states, Canada, Australia and New Zealand
    £6.83 in the UK
    €9.45 in most of Europe
    1000¥ in japan
    Then it's the Same price in all them countries.
    And if you own sims 4, it's a little apology from ea for all the missing features of sims 4 although it's a fabb game already.
    feKqkxf.jpg

My blog: ning's backlog
    Don't forget the forum rules are on the forum- go find 'em!
  • AprilApril Posts: 59 Member
    I think this would be great. For those interesting you can, indeed still get the Sims 2 Ultimate Collection. I just got mine today from the EA chat!
  • FlamingoKicker1FlamingoKicker1 Posts: 4,473 Member
    I'd love to go back and revisit the original Sims. There is a company making a 3D project with the original game where it actually gives you the camera function of Sims 2 but everything else looks like Sims 1. Alot of it simply doesn't work yet (like when you go to Studio Town or on vaction and stuff and of course no mods or custom content) but maybe they'll get all that ironed out later. But this is a third party thing and nothing to do with EA. And a lot of the resolution up close looks really bad (by today's standards we are used to). How much would a Sim 1 Ultimate Collection cost though? A hundred bucks?
  • jjames041jjames041 Posts: 65 Member
    i have been playing the sims a lot on a old 2009 hp dc5800 sff with windows xp
  • OceanicSimmerOceanicSimmer Posts: 88 Member

I am sure it would be possible to play on newer computers with a simple update that supports Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 8.1. Maybe OS X for those that play on their Macintosh computers. :)

It actually is possible to get the Sims 2 Ultimate Collection, I have it.

You need to contact someone on EA Support and tell them you missed the promotion, and you can still get it.