Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"It's on US" Oversight? CC Mishap? or What?

Comments

• CillianLoverCillianLover Posts: 405 Member
    What kind of awareness does it raise?! That some assaults are no big deals if the victims "are strong"

I'm a little offended by this, and I can't quite put my finger on why. Either it's the quotation marks or that this conclusion was even drawn.
  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    emmaning wrote: »
    ArchD wrote: »
    I have to brace myself every time I go into CAS because whenever I see that shirt I feel a surge of panic and rage. I agree with what the OP has been saying 100%. They've taken what should have been a meaningful message and turned it into an ugly trigger that I have to avoid every time I get on TS4 to escape from real life.

It's also terribly hypocritical for them to force campaigns like that into my game when their Gallery still has pregnant teens (and probably children, IDK I haven't looked for a while) all over it. All I got when I tried to get them to take notice of the pregnant teens and children on the Gallery was a warning and public humiliation, so I can say with certainty they didn't put the It's On Us message into the game because they care about these sorts of issues. If they cared, they would make it impossible for people to upload pregnant teens and children... One of the moderators said to me in my warning message, "Maxis is aware of the pregnancy issue that is happening in the Gallery and before they remove the ability to do it, they are required by law to seek out the creators." (Emphasis added.) That was a little over a month ago, and the Gallery has more underage pregnant girls on it than I want to count today. How long does it take to seek out the creators, and when will it ever stop if they don't stop it before seeking out the creators?

Sorry for the mini-rant and the slight deviation from the topic. It makes me angry to know how hypocritical the SimGurus have become, and I had to say something. They'll pay lip service to things like the It's On Us campaign, no matter what it does to the simmers who are triggered by it, but they won't actually do anything to stop it from happening in the game itself.

Pregnant kids? Not yet I think... Kids can't get pregnant, however some unfortunate teens can.. I agree it's a big issue but there are a lot of creators of this.... The mess around feature does contain small chances of pregnancy I think but most used mods for it...

Please tell me that's not true :/
  • CapraCorn104CapraCorn104 Posts: 1,184 Member
    What kind of awareness does it raise?! That some assaults are no big deals if the victims "are strong"

I'm a little offended by this, and I can't quite put my finger on why. Either it's the quotation marks or that this conclusion was even drawn.
    That surely wasn't what I was trying to get across, but that's what they got out of it :/
  • sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    06Bon06 wrote: »
    I have to brace myself every time I go into CAS because whenever I see that shirt I feel a surge of panic and rage. I agree with what the OP has been saying 100%. They've taken what should have been a meaningful message and turned it into an ugly trigger that I have to avoid every time I get on TS4 to escape from real life.

It's also terribly hypocritical for them to force campaigns like that into my game when their Gallery still has pregnant teens (and probably children, IDK I haven't looked for a while) all over it. All I got when I tried to get them to take notice of the pregnant teens and children on the Gallery was a warning and public humiliation, so I can say with certainty they didn't put the It's On Us message into the game because they care about these sorts of issues. If they cared, they would make it impossible for people to upload pregnant teens and children... One of the moderators said to me in my warning message, "Maxis is aware of the pregnancy issue that is happening in the Gallery and before they remove the ability to do it, they are required by law to seek out the creators." (Emphasis added.) That was a little over a month ago, and the Gallery has more underage pregnant girls on it than I want to count today. How long does it take to seek out the creators, and when will it ever stop if they don't stop it before seeking out the creators?

Sorry for the mini-rant and the slight deviation from the topic. It makes me angry to know how hypocritical the SimGurus have become, and I had to say something. They'll pay lip service to things like the It's On Us campaign, no matter what it does to the simmers who are triggered by it, but they won't actually do anything to stop it from happening in the game itself.

Pregnant kids? Not yet I think... Kids can't get pregnant, however some unfortunate teens can.. I agree it's a big issue but there are a lot of creators of this.... The mess around feature does contain small chances of pregnancy I think but most used mods for it...

No, that's not true. Teen pregnancy is not a feature of the game.
    WLfAA9V.png
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    And yeah, I guess now I can be called a hater because right now with all of my heart: I HATE TS4.
    I'm really sad that this is affecting you so badly (and anyone else who is upset by it), especially since it was me who told you what it was about, I feel terrible.

I wonder if EA could update that particular patch to remove it and make it an optional download, like the Christmas pack? People would be able to reinstall their games and safely patch without getting the tshirt and just download it if they want it. Surely it wouldn't be too hard for EA to do such a thing?
  • ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    edited April 2015
    Ok I'll accept its new to you at least could you presume it isn't to those of us that play regularly or to the forum, so couldn't you next time filter your responses , first to keep it with in the rules but also out of consideration to others.

You have to admit this has been disruptive and it just a shirt in a game
  • xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    06Bon06 wrote: »

Pregnant teens?! 🐸🐸🐸🐸?
    oh3cjs.jpg
    ceejay402 wrote: »
    Ok I'll accept its new to you at least could you presume it isn't to those of us that play or to the forum, so couldn't you next time filter your responses , first to keep it with in the rules but also out of consideration to others.

Like others have said before, yeah its just a shirt to some but there are also some people in this thread who are obviously upset over it, and their feelings are as important as the rest of ours. So to tell them they are just being disruptive and to basically shut up about it isn't right, ceej.
    WLfAA9V.png
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Ok I'll accept its new to you at least could you presume it isn't to those of us that play regularly or to the forum, so couldn't you next time filter your responses , first to keep it with in the rules but also out of consideration to others.

I don't get the fuss over a shirt in the game it was free and is it causing you harm that its for a cause?

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
    edited April 2015

I don't get the fuss over a shirt in the game it was free and is it causing you harm that its for a cause?

More than one victim of sexual assault has posted here that it triggers emotional pain and panic. So yes, it is causing people harm.
    WLfAA9V.png
  • emmaningemmaning Posts: 3,407 Member
    Astro wrote: »
    Ok, I see what the fuss is about now. I thought someone made a connection between the slogan and assumed ea was supporting this charity.

I still don't see what the fuss is about though. I don't thing EA is "insensitive" for trying to support people who're victims of sexual assault and trying to raise awareness for a problem. Also, I just wanted to point this out right quick, sexual assault does not automatically mean 🐸🐸🐸🐸. It can be anything from forced kissing to groping. So it isn't very likely that the victims of the lesser side of sexual assault will be triggered by a shirt in a video game.

Forced kissing is now sexual assault? Nope it's actually a lot worse where people mess with your sexual parts (i hope I said tht right and it doesn't sound wrong or innapropiate) or force an act that is unforgivable.
    feKqkxf.jpg

My blog: ning's backlog
    Don't forget the forum rules are on the forum- go find 'em!
    Ok, I see what the fuss is about now. I thought someone made a connection between the slogan and assumed ea was supporting this charity.

I still don't see what the fuss is about though. I don't thing EA is "insensitive" for trying to support people who're victims of sexual assault and trying to raise awareness for a problem. Also, I just wanted to point this out right quick, sexual assault does not automatically mean 🐸🐸🐸🐸. It can be anything from forced kissing to groping. So it isn't very likely that the victims of the lesser side of sexual assault will be triggered by a shirt in a video game.

Forced kissing is now sexual assault? Nope it's actually a lot worse where people mess with your sexual parts (i hope I said tht right and it doesn't sound wrong or innapropiate) or force an act that is unforgivable.

Okay I don't think we need to get into any details here. Yes forced kissing is sexual assault and always has been. Please do not post things you clearly know nothing about.
    WLfAA9V.png

More than one victim of sexual assault has posted here that it triggers emotional pain and panic. So yes, it is causing people harm.
    But its a shirt and this is a game so why the big fuss over it. The game isn't real life I realize the shirt stands for a cause but they are complaining now about it after how many months have we had it?

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
    Ok I'll accept its new to you at least could you presume it isn't to those of us that play or to the forum, so couldn't you next time filter your responses , first to keep it with in the rules but also out of consideration to others.

Like others have said before, yeah its just a shirt to some but there are also some people in this thread who are obviously upset over it, and their feelings are as important as the rest of ours. So to tell them they are just being disruptive and to basically shut up about it isn't right, ceej.
    I'm sure a lot of this could've been avoided if everything was worded just a little bit differently. IF

It always has been sexual assault, though I would refrain from wording things like that because you might set some people off. Though I personally agree that 🐸🐸🐸🐸 is a lot worse. (Although they can both be equally traumatizing in some cases)

But its a shirt and this is a game so why the big fuss over it. The game isn't real life I realize the shirt stands for a cause but they are complaining now about it after how many months have we had it?

I have already posted that personally I did not know what the shirt meant until today. I think others are in the same boat and which is why they have a problem NOW.

I realize its just a shirt, how many people have posted that now. But the meaning behind it is deeper than that.
    WLfAA9V.png
    edited April 2015

Idk, I think at this point the topic should just be closed. There's nothing left to discuss and all is has caused it people to get mad.

• PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member

I guess you missed this one.
    I'm sorry you don't like English in your game, but for survivors (myself being one of them) it's a little touch in the game that says "you aren't alone. It wasn't your fault. You are believed and supported." Then those people can come read this thread and (hopefully) see more people echoing that message than people calling for it to be removed.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright

No, but for some people 🐸🐸🐸🐸 is exactly what it means, and the message is triggering. And there is no "lesser" side of sexual assault. Getting groped can be traumatising for some people as well. When I hear things like "lesser side of sexual assault" I think of that politician who said "legitimate ra.pe"... comments like this are proof why this shirt does not belong in the game. What kind of awareness does it raise?! That some assaults are no big deals if the victims "are strong"--okay, I'm crying now so I'm going to walk away from this conversation before I say something to EA to get me banned.

Getting groped is ughhe such a traumatising thought even though I've never suffered sexual assault, I can only shudder at the thought of grope. It just is ewww...
    feKqkxf.jpg

• ScarletQueenKatScarletQueenKat Posts: 792 Member
    edited April 2015
    Being a victim myself, the shirt doesn't bother me at all. I don't use it in my game, but I'm glad it's there and EA is supporting a good cause. I realize that other victims may not feel the same way, but there's always going to be a risk in upsetting people one way or the other. Yes, it would be nice to have a lot of things put in this game optional, unfortunately it's just not always the case.

What does upset me is comments with people being appalled that a shirt supporting a good cause shouldn't be in their game and USING it as an argument. As if it's beneath them to support it. I could understand if it was a debatable topic, but certainly it won't hurt any of you to have ONE shirt in your game that is easily avoidable to use. Certainly we should all be on the same side of the subject.

Don't make assumptions that victims would be upset with it because it would bring back memories because this thread is actually doing that itself, so yeah thanks for that.
    🌹 Scarlet's Mod List - Includes ALL mods, links to their latest versions, last updated dates, sorting options, and more!
  • ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member

exaggerating what i have said of course makes it seem ok to disregard the rules here, like no talk of politics but asking someone to be considerate is clearly not same as telling them to shut up.
  • CillianLoverCillianLover Posts: 405 Member
    Triggers are different for everyone. I think that these shirts were added in the hopes that they would help more than they would hurt. I do agree though that they should have been optional.
    Orchid13 wrote: »

Anyway you have this need to argue with me all the time and personally attack me with stuff like "you act like a 5 year old" , that just says a lot about you. I have over 1k likes and over 1000 posts which i doubt you know about, so don't call me immature if you don't know me. If you don't agree with me fine argue, but with actual arguments and not my age. Honestly thats just harrassment

LOL. All the time. Do I know you personally? How the heck do I argue with you ALL THE TIME? I think the first time we ever even talked was yesterday.
    Orchid13 wrote:
    I have over 1k likes and over 1000 posts which i doubt you know about

I have 1.7k likes and almost 7000 posts. I win.
    K is thousand right? So she has more likes compared to posts thn u. If she had 7000 posts, she'd have 7k likes which would be more thn u. @orchid13 would win. They're just likes anyways.
    feKqkxf.jpg

edited April 2015

I guess you missed this one.
    I'm sorry you don't like English in your game, but for survivors (myself being one of them) it's a little touch in the game that says "you aren't alone. It wasn't your fault. You are believed and supported." Then those people can come read this thread and (hopefully) see more people echoing that message than people calling for it to be removed.

And I guess you missed these.
    Piperbird1 wrote:
    Now that I know what it is, I have to kind of agree with nanashi-sims. I play the Sims to escape from my plum life, I don't want a sudden and unexpected reminder of the moment that destroyed my life. I can never be normal. I cannot be touched. My marriage failed, and I will be alone for the rest of my life because I cannot have a normal relationhip. Your t-shirt will not fix my life. I have learned that no one really cares. It took me more than half my life to even say anything, and I thought it would make me feel better. Instead it ripped a scar off a wound that will never be healed, and reaffirmed my belief that while people say they care, they don't. Not really.

I was already unhappy with this game. At this point I think I am done with it.
    gayars wrote:
    Again, the point is, they could have campaigned/promoted and then offered it for download as an option, and gotten the point across the same. They thrust it down people's throats, and as @Piperbird1 said, it is very upsetting for HER. They forced something on people, which ironically is what the campaign is supposed to be against, I thought. It doesn't bother ME persay, although I still avoid certain news reports of things because it bothers me emotionally due to my own past. In the past, it would have been offered as a free download at the site. Plus, how many people in other countries who don't speak English and know nothing about the campaign are also forced to have it in their game?
    ArchD wrote:

Clear indicators that people are actually being affected by this.
    WLfAA9V.png

I have already posted that personally I did not know what the shirt meant until today. I think others are in the same boat and which is why they have a problem NOW.

I realize its just a shirt, how many people have posted that now. But the meaning behind it is deeper than that.
    This is a game forum to talk about the game not talk about personal issues. The shirt is in the game deal with it. I think its inappropriate to bring up what the shirt means in a game forum I personally don't want to hear about the sexual assault. In a game forum no way is this a topic that should even be in the forum.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • mwdonohuemwdonohue Posts: 3,307 Member
    Again, it is most likely just marketing thing...
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top