March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"It's on US" Oversight? CC Mishap? or What?

Comments

• Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    edited April 2015
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    emmaning wrote: »

Shut it u. But if everyone makes one sim wearing that shirt, I'm sure we can make a difference and promote it at least and if we upload them to the gallery with #betterplace as in 'together we can make this world a better place, together we can stop sexual assault' then it'll promote it and show sufferers that there is hope for them.

Well, that was uncalled for and rude. Reported.

They didn't seem to care for those who are suffering it...

Shut it u. But if everyone makes one sim wearing that shirt, I'm sure we can make a difference and promote it at least and if we upload them to the gallery with #betterplace as in 'together we can make this world a better place, together we can stop sexual assault' then it'll promote it and show sufferers that there is hope for them.

They're that bothered over a shirt that promotes a good cause? Sheesh I haven't suffered it but it must be like trauma for them. Can't help but tell them to shut up. My brain says it in a way.... Sos if you find it rude... I wasn't trying to offend anyone but sheesh they're that bothered over a little shirt?

You probably shouldn't come into a public forum and tell anybody to shut up, lol. Seems kinda silly to me. And the people who don't want the shirt aren't being 'nasty' or uncaring toward those who suffered. We just do not want to be reminded of something so terrible in a GAME.

The "little shirt" may be a trigger for somebody who experienced it. So yeah, it's enough to bother some people a little.

Funny you tell her she shouldn't shut people up in a public forum when i said that ppl shouldn't pist stuff that could get them attacked by other you made such a big deal.

Also just cause i dont agree with you doesn't make me immature and i never feel the need to personally attack you, but thank god what some stranger has to say to me doesn't affect me

I never told you to shut up ever, so I'm not sure what you are talking about. You are the one saying we should just stop talking about it because EA isn't changing it. It must be nice not being affected by the little things, not everyone is so fortunate.
    gayars wrote: »
    Plus, how many people in other countries who don't speak English and know nothing about the campaign are also forced to have it in their game?

Yeah, I didn't think about that either. I wouldn't want content in my game in a completely different language lol

I never said you shut me up. What i meant was that when someone posts on a public forum they will either get attacked or supported or both is part of it, people give opinions that not everybody will agree on. I believe that, yet you think ppl who post stuff on forums should only get positive comments and the negative comments are from "immature" ppl.

Anyway you have this need to argue with me all the time and personally attack me with stuff like "you act like a 5 year old" , that just says a lot about you. I have over 1k likes and over 1000 posts which i doubt you know about, so don't call me immature if you don't know me. If you don't agree with me fine argue, but with actual arguments and not my age. Honestly thats just harrassment
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    I think regardless of which side you stand on, a good solution would be for EA to give us a feature which allows us to pick and choose which clothing in general we want to see in our game, for whatever reason. So instead of bickering back and forth about the importance of spreading awareness, or the importance of taking others' feelings into consideration, we should be hounding EA to allow us boxes to tick to allow or disallow as the case may be, whatever content they have deemed necessary for the game. From baked potato hair to the poorly painted tank top to a what-were-they-thinking costume, to a shirt which while the meaning and intent is positive, probably does not belong in the sims game.

What is baked potato hair? LOL :D

I agree with you, though. It's all on EA

351fnd2.png

because it looks a lot like this....
    BudgOoPIAAAaepE.png
  • emmaningemmaning Posts: 3,407 Member
    I think regardless of which side you stand on, a good solution would be for EA to give us a feature which allows us to pick and choose which clothing in general we want to see in our game, for whatever reason. So instead of bickering back and forth about the importance of spreading awareness, or the importance of taking others' feelings into consideration, we should be hounding EA to allow us boxes to tick to allow or disallow as the case may be, whatever content they have deemed necessary for the game. From baked potato hair to the poorly painted tank top to a what-were-they-thinking costume, to a shirt which while the meaning and intent is positive, probably does not belong in the sims game.

It's this:
    baked_potato__x11780235.jpg
    But the bit inside tht on someone's head with the metal bit as a hat :)
    feKqkxf.jpg

My blog: ning's backlog
    Don't forget the forum rules are on the forum- go find 'em!
  • SimplyEnchantedSimplyEnchanted Posts: 221 Member
    I felt at the time that I should've been offered a choice to get the shirts or not. Supporting charities and causes is a personal choice. If they get forced upon you, your personal feelings towards charities and causes are getting disrespected.

"Charity, if you have the means, is a personal choice, but charity which is expected or compelled is simply a polite word for slavery."
    -Terry Goodkind
  • sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member

351fnd2.png

because it looks a lot like this....
    BudgOoPIAAAaepE.png

HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA I'm literally crying, thanks for that.
    WLfAA9V.png
  • gayarsgayars Posts: 2,229 Member
    Totally agree @Jessa_Dakkar it is about having CHOICE. Free content like that should be offered the same way it used to be, as an optional free content.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    may i advise that if you are only to argue you should use the private message system because i am sure that if @SimGuruBChick or @SimStaffBethelle see this thread go way off topic they will lock it for sure
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • ArchDArchD Posts: 338 Member
    I have to brace myself every time I go into CAS because whenever I see that shirt I feel a surge of panic and rage. I agree with what the OP has been saying 100%. They've taken what should have been a meaningful message and turned it into an ugly trigger that I have to avoid every time I get on TS4 to escape from real life.

It's also terribly hypocritical for them to force campaigns like that into my game when their Gallery still has pregnant teens (and probably children, IDK I haven't looked for a while) all over it. All I got when I tried to get them to take notice of the pregnant teens and children on the Gallery was a warning and public humiliation, so I can say with certainty they didn't put the It's On Us message into the game because they care about these sorts of issues. If they cared, they would make it impossible for people to upload pregnant teens and children... One of the moderators said to me in my warning message, "Maxis is aware of the pregnancy issue that is happening in the Gallery and before they remove the ability to do it, they are required by law to seek out the creators." (Emphasis added.) That was a little over a month ago, and the Gallery has more underage pregnant girls on it than I want to count today. How long does it take to seek out the creators, and when will it ever stop if they don't stop it before seeking out the creators?

Sorry for the mini-rant and the slight deviation from the topic. It makes me angry to know how hypocritical the SimGurus have become, and I had to say something. They'll pay lip service to things like the It's On Us campaign, no matter what it does to the simmers who are triggered by it, but they won't actually do anything to stop it from happening in the game itself.

They didn't seem to care for those who are suffering it...

They're that bothered over a shirt that promotes a good cause? Sheesh I haven't suffered it but it must be like trauma for them. Can't help but tell them to shut up. My brain says it in a way.... Sos if you find it rude... I wasn't trying to offend anyone but sheesh they're that bothered over a little shirt?

You probably shouldn't come into a public forum and tell anybody to shut up, lol. Seems kinda silly to me. And the people who don't want the shirt aren't being 'nasty' or uncaring toward those who suffered. We just do not want to be reminded of something so terrible in a GAME.

The "little shirt" may be a trigger for somebody who experienced it. So yeah, it's enough to bother some people a little.

Funny you tell her she shouldn't shut people up in a public forum when i said that ppl shouldn't pist stuff that could get them attacked by other you made such a big deal.

Also just cause i dont agree with you doesn't make me immature and i never feel the need to personally attack you, but thank god what some stranger has to say to me doesn't affect me

I never told you to shut up ever, so I'm not sure what you are talking about. You are the one saying we should just stop talking about it because EA isn't changing it. It must be nice not being affected by the little things, not everyone is so fortunate.
    Plus, how many people in other countries who don't speak English and know nothing about the campaign are also forced to have it in their game?

Yeah, I didn't think about that either. I wouldn't want content in my game in a completely different language lol

I never said you shut me up. What i meant was that when someone posts on a public forum they will either get attacked or supported or both is part of it, people give opinions that not everybody will agree on. I believe that, yet you think ppl who post stuff on forums should only get positive comments and the negative comments are from "immature" ppl.

Anyway you have this need to argue with me all the time and personally attack me with stuff like "you act like a 5 year old" , that just says a lot about you. I have over 1k likes and over 1000 posts which i doubt you know about, so don't call me immature if you don't know me. If you don't agree with me fine argue, but with actual arguments and not my age. Honestly thats just harrassment
    Agreed +1 like
    feKqkxf.jpg

• sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    Memina11 wrote: »
    may i advise that if you are only to argue you should use the private message system because i am sure that if @SimGuruBChick or @SimStaffBethelle see this thread go way off topic they will lock it for sure

Well tagging them in it doesn't help anything LOL. Nobody is really arguing though.
    WLfAA9V.png
  • BamajamBamajam Posts: 812 Member
    Don't like? Don't use it!
  • SimMommy05SimMommy05 Posts: 2,574 Member
    The shirt has been in the game since the pool patch. I remember some people thinking it was EA complimenting themselves for offering free content in patches when it first appeared in the game.

I tend to ignore this shirt in my game, just like I ignore all the other shirts I don't like.

I just wish the gurus could give us a way to filter out content that come in patches or do like they did with the Christmas/holiday stuff and give a separate download for those that want it and then those that don't can just pass it by without it having to intrude their games. It would be a win/win for everyone.
    ArchD wrote: »
    I have to brace myself every time I go into CAS because whenever I see that shirt I feel a surge of panic and rage. I agree with what the OP has been saying 100%. They've taken what should have been a meaningful message and turned it into an ugly trigger that I have to avoid every time I get on TS4 to escape from real life.

It's also terribly hypocritical for them to force campaigns like that into my game when their Gallery still has pregnant teens (and probably children, IDK I haven't looked for a while) all over it. All I got when I tried to get them to take notice of the pregnant teens and children on the Gallery was a warning and public humiliation, so I can say with certainty they didn't put the It's On Us message into the game because they care about these sorts of issues. If they cared, they would make it impossible for people to upload pregnant teens and children... One of the moderators said to me in my warning message, "Maxis is aware of the pregnancy issue that is happening in the Gallery and before they remove the ability to do it, they are required by law to seek out the creators." (Emphasis added.) That was a little over a month ago, and the Gallery has more underage pregnant girls on it than I want to count today. How long does it take to seek out the creators, and when will it ever stop if they don't stop it before seeking out the creators?

Sorry for the mini-rant and the slight deviation from the topic. It makes me angry to know how hypocritical the SimGurus have become, and I had to say something. They'll pay lip service to things like the It's On Us campaign, no matter what it does to the simmers who are triggered by it, but they won't actually do anything to stop it from happening in the game itself.

Pregnant kids? Not yet I think... Kids can't get pregnant, however some unfortunate teens can.. I agree it's a big issue but there are a lot of creators of this.... The mess around feature does contain small chances of pregnancy I think but most used mods for it...
    feKqkxf.jpg

Early on, there was a buff you could add that could make a sim pregnant, in the cheats, that also applied to children. I believe there was a fix in a patch that was supposed to remove it being able to be applied to children. That doesn't mean it can't still be applied to teenagers however.
  • AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    I don't really understand what this thread is trying to accomplish. I doubt they're going to remove it if that's what you want.
    Early on, there was a buff you could add that could make a sim pregnant, in the cheats, that also applied to children. I believe there was a fix in a patch that was supposed to remove it being able to be applied to children. That doesn't mean it can't still be applied to teenagers however.

Explanation then...
    feKqkxf.jpg

Perhaps to make them aware that things like that would be better offered as an optional download, otherwise it is just a rant, which btw a lot of us like to do. It makes us feel better ;) I like to rant about no toddlers all the time myself.
  • SimplyEnchantedSimplyEnchanted Posts: 221 Member
    Astro wrote: »
    I don't really understand what this thread is trying to accomplish. I doubt they're going to remove it if that's what you want.

I don't necessarily think expressing disinterest or disdain for something in the game is a completely negative thing. Remove the shirt? No, maybe not but they may offer more choices for filtering our content. A LOT of us want that.

• ArchDArchD Posts: 338 Member
    Pregnant children have been uploaded to the Gallery almost since the game was released. I don't know if something was done in the last month to change that, since I haven't looked since then, but a quick perusal of the pregnancy hashtag uncovered several pregnant teens so I very much doubt it.
    Good reason to not go on the gallery then. I knew there would be trouble when they first released it. They weren't taking into consideration things like custom content, mods, cheats, etc. They never monitored downloads well on the site to begin with, in Sims 3, so I knew it wouldn't bode well for the gallery.
  • JessicaSimstonJessicaSimston Posts: 2,519 Member
    They shoukd have had the style of the shirt but in simlish, then maybe have a thing you could hover over saying what it meant.
  • ObsidianMyst78ObsidianMyst78 Posts: 308 Member
    edited April 2015
    Thank you @candace92 for letting me know this. Do you have a link to the mod? I would feel a lot better having this slogan out of my game asap. :relieved:

I got bored scanning the remaining comments to see if you got the link for this mod yet lol, so sorry if this is old news :p

You can get the mod here

View my builds HERE.
    Gallery ID: RAINE78 or click HERE
    [img][/img]16960920500_af39128c74_o.jpgSims Homes by raines_secret, on Flickr

• CapraCorn104CapraCorn104 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Thank you @candace92 for letting me know this. Do you have a link to the mod? I would feel a lot better having this slogan out of my game asap. :relieved:

I got bored scanning the remaining comments to see if you got the link for this mod yet lol, so sorry if this is old news :p

You can get the mod here
    Quite honestly, it still looks like it says "It's On Us". It just looks like they used funky lettering.
  • nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member

Yes. We should have had a right to remove this content from our game. Even if this was misguidedly intended for "a good cause" or a disturbing marketing strategy, the devs should have thought about their audience. If I had lost a loved one from a fire or drowning, I wouldn't play the sims for any reason. No one will willingly play a game intended for humour that takes them to dark place--sexual assault happens hella more to Sims players than death by fire and drowing, and that alone should have prompted someone to say "Hey, guys... this might not be a good idea." That they didn't is just proof of how insensitive they are to the issue. If people want to feel good about themselves and especially those who have never experienced sexual abuse want to believe that this content somehow "protects" victims (or worse... somehow makes it all go away), if victims who want this in their game use it for healthy reasons, if some people just want as much content as possible and don't care either way, then yeah... let these people have the option to download it. But forcing this awful slogan down everyone's throat regardless of whether they would be receptive to this, and doing in such a way was too much for me.

This is the first time I've seen English in my game, but judging from the comments this started in TS3. I would have hated it in TS3 too had I played that game, but I wouldn't have been this upset as I'm pretty sure the English wasn't related to ra.pe and sexual abuse. I wouldn't have been upset today if it weren't for the topic. Now I am boycotting the game even if they do bring toddlers back.
    Bamajam wrote: »
    Don't like? Don't use it!
    It's not this simple when you know the meaning of the shirt.
    Memina11 wrote: »

@Memina11, the thread has been on topic up to now. If the mods post an OT warning, then yes I would have appreciated your comment--but you've called the mods in to scrutinise this thread, and I've seen you do this before on other threads you wanted shut down. I don't appreciate that and as the OP I ask that you respectfully refrain from trying to shut down this thread or that you stay off of it if you have nothing ON TOPIC to contribute. If you have any other issues related to my you are most welcome to PM me. Thank you.

You can get the mod here
    Quite honestly, it still looks like it says "It's On Us". It just looks like they used funky lettering.

Yup it does I remember seeing tht mod there a while back.
    feKqkxf.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top