Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Where is the Airport?

I often see people saying one of the backdrops has an Airport where planes actually fly in, dock and fly off again.

I have never seen it though. Does anyone know where it is? I like the detailing like the trams, trains, steamboat etc. so this would be awesome too see.

Comments

• Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    Maybe it's a hint at a future expansion pack similar to World Adventures?
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    Ohh, I haven't seen that either!
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    I often see people saying one of the backdrops has an Airport where planes actually fly in, dock and fly off again.

I have never seen it though. Does anyone know where it is? I like the detailing like the trams, trains, steamboat etc. so this would be awesome too see.

I think they must have seen the new Tropico 5 trailer. lol
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    Is that a thing in the game?
    21mbz47.jpg
  • PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member
    Yes, there is a "pseudo" airport-type thing in the Parched Prospect neighborhood in Oasis Springs (in the distance behind Springscape house). I have seen planes land there and take off again. There is a short runway on which they land and from which they take off. You need to use tab key and "W" to go/zoom in over there. It's pretty neat to watch, for what its worth.
    Pamhamlet wrote: »
    Yes, there is a "pseudo" airport-type thing in the Parched Prospect neighborhood in Oasis Springs (in the distance behind Springscape house). I have seen planes land there and take off again. There is a short runway on which they land and from which they take off. You need to use tab key and "W" to go/zoom in over there. It's pretty neat to watch, for what its worth.

Do you have pictures?
    21mbz47.jpg
  • zagbooruleszagboorules Posts: 474 Member
    In Oasis Springs I often saw planes flying past by my sims' home and behind it. Perhaps a hint at a vacation EP? I think an airport lot would be cool, having your sims fly in a plane would be quite realistic - but eh, who knows?
  • LarryadLarryad Posts: 336 Member
    edited April 2015
    Airport.jpg

Screen shot
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member

Yep. I saw it from the house right beside the little playground.
  • PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member
    edited April 2015
    It's a very active airport. I've seen at least 4 planes in the sky at one time. I'm glad I took these--never know when they might come in use! Enjoy! :)

Here are some pictures I took. The large building in the first shot is the "airport" buiding/tower I guess. The rest are of a plane landing and taking off again. The plane looks small while on the runway, but it's just for effect, when looking at it in the distance. The large jets are pretty cool looking.

03-15-15_9-09nbspAM_zpsavbmnccz.png

03-15-15_9-08nbspAM_zpsvf1sgun7.png

03-15-15_9-02nbspAM_zpsu5yvplyd.png

03-15-15_9-03nbspAM_zpslyuamzcg.png

03-15-15_9-03nbspAM-2_zpszgdswh7d.png

03-15-15_9-04nbspAM_zpskcq45lmp.png

If you look close, you can see the little green wing lights that flash on the tips of the wings. Pretty neat.
    It's a very active airport. I've seen at least 4 planes in the sky at one time. I'm glad I took these--never know when they might come in use! Enjoy! :)

Here are some pictures I took. The large building in the first shot is the "airport" buiding/tower I guess. The rest are of a plane landing and taking off again. The plane looks small while on the runway, but it's just for effect, when looking at it in the distance. The large jets are pretty cool looking.

If you look close, you can see the little green wing lights that flash on the tips of the wings. Pretty neat.

Oh cool! Thanks for sharing :) i wonder what other things ive missed
    21mbz47.jpg
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
    See? I hardly ever play that neighborhood. Now, I'm intrigued.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    @Pamhamlet wrote: »

@Larryad wrote: »
    Airport.jpg

Screen shot

Thank you so much! I want to live there now just to see the planes going past and fly around in the sky.

I love little details like this!
  • carroebcarroeb Posts: 37 Member
    Woah, I have never noticed this! I'll have to check it out tomorrow though.
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    I've never seen this
  • SophieElizabethAnnSophieElizabethAnn Posts: 616 Member
    I've never noticed this! That's awesome. :P
  • dorendia122dorendia122 Posts: 6,961 Member
    Wow, that's news to me!
    Gmmov8T.gif
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I didn't notice it either. Thank you for sharing the pictures.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • husseinandalihusseinandali Posts: 2,622 Member
    doas planes make sound
    yondu-guardians1.jpg
    over here i post my cc
    new: https://simsworkshop.net/members/g1g2.1032/
    old: modthesims.info/m/8847624
    you may know me as g1g2

• HagfisherHagfisher Posts: 950 Member
    We getting jumbo jets?

Please say yes.
    125722018d2ffda673d70ee3796940a120b51e40.png

• take0nmetake0nme Posts: 3,682 Member
    Larryad wrote: »
    Airport.jpg

Screen shot
    I never noticed!! cool shots!
    DyFJE8G.jpg
    The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Gallery ID : sharipants
  • take0nmetake0nme Posts: 3,682 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    @Pamhamlet wrote: »

@Larryad wrote: »
    Airport.jpg

Screen shot

Thank you so much! I want to live there now just to see the planes going past and fly around in the sky.

I love little details like this!

awesome.
    DyFJE8G.jpg
    The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Gallery ID : sharipants
  • KalebsmommaKalebsmomma Posts: 88 Member
    i know I've seen the train but not airplane. gonna keep my eye out for it!
  • graciecam1303graciecam1303 Posts: 175 Member
    OOOHHHHH

world adventures???????
    tumblr_mxmllsu3fz1shhth1o2_500.gif
  • midnitetechmidnitetech Posts: 283 Member
    WOW! I love the pics, I never knew. I never have any Sims living in Oasis Springs, but I'm definitely going to now!