Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

* Urbanity - Industrial Modern Home by Petalbot

petalbotpetalbot Posts: 1,423 Member
edited March 2015 in The Sims 3 Builders
Hi Everybody! Hope you are doing well. I just wanted to share my latest build with you. It's Industrial styled! Built on 186 Windsor Drive in Bridgeport, this home features an open floor plan with 3 beds, 3 baths, laundry, living and dining areas, an artists corner, home office and pool. The home is playtested and contains NO CC or CAP. I hope you like it! :)
indcover_1.png

Download: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8594794

frontuse1.png

night.jpg

oenter.jpg

fenter.jpg

Living1.jpg

living2.jpg

living3.jpg

kbar1.jpg

kitchen.jpg

kitchen2.jpg

dining.jpg

gbed1.jpg

gbed2.jpg

cbed1.jpg

cbed2.jpg

cbed3.jpg

landing.jpg

art1.jpg

game.jpg

office.jpg

mbed.jpg

mbed3.jpg

mbed2.jpg

backenter.jpg

byard1.jpg

byard2.jpg

pool.jpg

patio.jpg

view.jpg

backview.jpg

play.jpg

Thank you so much for taking the tour!

Eps & SPs used: Late Night, World Adventures, Ambitions, Showtime, Into the Future, University, Island Pradise, Diesel Stuff

Minor Eps & SPs: Supernatural= rug and stack of books, Generations = 1 picture and some toys, Pets= 2 pictures, plant, some toys, Fast Lane Stuff= table, Townlife Stuff= towel

Store Items:
Everything is listed on the exchange correctly except that it left out the two items I used from the bakery and 1 free item.

Coffee Bean Hipster Loft: Industrial Chic Window, Industrial Chic Column, No Nonsense Bookshelf, Wall Sprinklers, Stacked Planters, No Nonsense Desk, No Nonsense Dining Chair

Ultra Lounge Kitchen: Culinary Arts Stool

Tiki Outdoor Party: Oceania Orb Lantern

Loud, Fast, Clash! Front Row Center Bedroom: Beginning of the End Table, Rockin’ Stationary Road Case

Free Set, Holidays & Gifts Earth Day: Topper

Sun, Surf & Sand: Tropical Fruit Bowel

Deliciously Indulgent Bakery: Bake-a-lot Cookbooks, Faux Bread in a Bucket

Bayside Kitchen: Practical Al’s Kitchen Cart

Itadakimasu! Japanese Inspired Dining: Temaki Bar

Olympian Physique: Greek Pitcher

Bayside Laundry: Bayside Hamper

Zen Again: Spa Necessities

Note on the island in in the kitchen, just in case any of you were wondering how it was done:

1. Place a row of counters
2. Place a dishwasher in the counters you do not want.
3. Turn on testingcheatsenabled true
4. do a CTRL + SHIFT + click on the dishwasher and chose the Delete It option from the menu that pops up
5. Voila! Your left with just the counter top and it's fully functional

Just when I thought I know all there was to building in this game, I just found out something new. :)

sigg.gif

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    Urbanity is a very nice home! :) Very nice exterior of the home! The industrial theme of the build is great. Nice texture of the exterior of the home. It looks very nice the types of and how you have placed the windows in the build. The plants look great how you have placed them on the edge of the front of the home and have the fencing there. It looks great how you have done the terrain at the front area of the home. The front steps porchway entrance to the home is very nice. The plants look nice how you have placed them either sides of the entrance to the porchway. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! The textures of the walls are nice and suit well the industrial theme of the home. The plant fountain in the corner nook of the foyer is nice for sims to see as they enter the home. The type of front door you have used looks great with the type of home. Very nice living room! The furnishing of the room is very nice! Sims will have great views of the outdoors whilst sitting resting on the sofas and arnchair there, having a chat, watching tv, reading a book from the bookcase and warming up near the fire. It looks nice how you have placed the seating in the room. They will enjoy dancing to music from the radio there as well . The plants are nice nature touches in the corners of the room. It looks great how you have done the kitchen bar! Very nice design of the kitchen! The island counter is great! The fruit bowl, knife block, books, bottles and mugs look great how you have placed them on top and in the counter there! They and the breadsticks, hanging pans and menu board are nice kitchen touches in the room. It looks nice how you have the wall shelf with the plant on it. The furnishing of the kitchen is very nice! Very nice dining area. The type of and recolouring of the dining seats looks nice. It is great how you have used alternating coloured seats there. The fireplace will keep the sims warm whilst dining. It looks nice how you have a bar counter alcove under the staircase. Very nice furnishing of the bedrooms! Sims will have nice views from the bedroom windows! Nice armchair corner sitting nook in the guest and master bedrooms. It looks great how you have placed the beds in the kids bedroom. The pictures look very nice how you have placed them on the different levels in the corner of the bed head area, and the animal toys, teddy and plant looks very great there! Great study desk area for the kids to sit at the desk and use the computer or read a book. The panda and duck look cute on the dresser top! The kids room is great! Very nice artist and games corners! Sims will enjoy painting on the easel whilst looking out through the windows at the outside views. They will enjoy the sunlight coming in onto them whilst having fun playing chess. The painting on the chess side wall is nice for sims to see whilst playing chess. Very nice office! The painting on the wall and the green plants in the room add nice touches in the room. It looks very nice how you have placed the dressers/tables and plants/toiletries in the corner of the master bedroom! The outdoors pool patio is nice. Sims will enjoy resting poolside on the loungers or have fun swimming in the pool. The plants look nice how you have placed them on the edges of the home there. Sims will enjoy cooking on the bbq and eating their meals on the patio alcove in the outdoors air,
    It is a very nice home! :)
  • moonandsixpensmoonandsixpens Posts: 553 Member
    It looks awesome! Great job! I am a big fan of this style :p
    tumblr_noncvdlzEI1unxm84o1_540.png

• justletmedownldjustletmedownld Posts: 63 Member
    That is absolutely beautiful.
  • ModseyModsey Posts: 1,468 Member
    edited March 2015
    Is this on the exchange on Sims 3 because I seriously want it for my Bridgeport games (or any game really)
  • soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,260 Member
    Simply stunning lot Petalbot. Beautiful photos and attention to detail. The colour scheme and textures are perfect for this build. Thanks for sharing re the kitchen island :)
  • petalbotpetalbot Posts: 1,423 Member
    @rosemow Thank yo so much (hugs)! I always look forward to your comments and seeing what you noticed. :)

@moonandsixpens Thanks! I love the style too. :)

@justletmedownld Thanks! :)

@Modsey Thanks! It is on the Sims 3 exchange. The link is near the top of the post. :)

@soocoolsim Thank you so much! Your work is wonderful as well! I look forward to seeing more from you. :)
    sigg.gif

• luvalphvleluvalphvle Posts: 1,545 Member
    I love it!! The house and layout and furnishings are awesome as always, but seriously, I want to download this for the brick recolors. They're gorgeous! :smile: I love the sprinkler pipes and ventilation system, that makes it look so authentic too.
  • luvalphvleluvalphvle Posts: 1,545 Member
    And I'm definitely going to try out that counter trick.
  • MeaganJoMeaganJo Posts: 4,343 Member
    Petalbot your builds are just simply gorgeous! If the rec button was working I would rec it in a heart beat. I shall return once it is working again to give your build the rec it so deserves.
  • petalbotpetalbot Posts: 1,423 Member
    edited March 2015
    @luvalphvle Thank you so much! :)

@MeaganJo Thanks! They did maintenance last Monday at least for the Sims 4 gallery and that was the day the rec button stopped working on the Sims 3 site. I hope they fix it soon.
    sigg.gif

Yeah tried again today and nothing, so I am going to wait until someone says the site is fixed. Such a shame. Still in love with your build though!
  • Khala_OakeageKhala_Oakeage Posts: 235 Member
    Urbanity is a lovely home, you've done a great job with the industrial look.

Thanks for sharing that great tip with the counters!
  • SandraelleSandraelle Posts: 6,146 Member
    Wow, Urbanity is so impressive and looks exactly like what I would envision an industrial modern home to look like. The whole time I was viewing your photos, I kept wondering to myself, hmmm, how did she get that counter (with no cabinet underneath) in the kitchen? lol I assumed you added in that shelf below but didn't know how you got the counter there. So thank you so much for explaining that at the end of your post. It looks really awesome. As they say, you learn something new everyday! I will make a note of how to do that and may have to steal that idea one day. Oh, and I looovvveee the looks of your brick walls, and the corrugated metal wall on one of the kitchen walls looks great too. Awesome build. Now off to recommend. :-)
    Came back now that the recing button is fixed so rec'd, fav'd and drooled some more!
  • olivkasimsolivkasims Posts: 95 Member
    Wonderful house. Well you used the wall. Super recolor furniture. Great living room. Great idea with the setting in the nursery beds. Fantastic use of what gives us the game TS3.
  • KtosikKtosik Posts: 88 Member
    Fantastic job. Beautiful building and a great decorated interior. I like this style. :)
  • JeuxsJeuxs Posts: 6 New Member
    The house is amazing but i have a little issue, the mailbox is glitched. My sims can't take the gifts, gems, books, or bills (reset sim near from mailbox) :/ any answer ?
  • 23Strawberry23Strawberry Posts: 15 Member
    Do you remember where you got the air duct from? I've been looking for industrial piping and ducts and that sort of thing for making some interesting lots. Is it from an ep or sp?