Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4, what a rip off.

Comments

• LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    Yep, I totally feel ripped off too.
    Reading over it I thought, eh 4/5 sounds good.

Then actually playing it? It doesn't even deserve a rating ... Maybe I'll end up rating it once it's finally able to be called a base game. :unamused:
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Mchap353 wrote: »
    You're going the right way to kill off The Sims aren't you. All by yourself.

Mind you If EA could bring out a separate game called "Toddlers" for those who want them I, for one, would be very grateful.

B)>:)

I think your missing a point there; sims is about all life stages in one game ;)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • camille mcalooncamille mcaloon Posts: 58 Member
    > @kwakeham87 said:
    > After excitedly waiting for the Sims 4, expecting an amazing new version of the Sims 3, I have to say, I was so disappointed. After a few times playing the new game, it felt like the game was taken in a different direction. The same feeling that I got from the Sims 3 is just not there anymore, especially since the open world map is gone. It feels all claustrophobic again. The graphics are awesome and the ease of building houses and the multitasking for Sims is awesome, but there's a lot of that old feel play gone. And so many glitches! And not to mention taking things that make it feel like real life ,out. Who takes the toddler stage of aging out? Why make it so you can't even carry a baby around anymore and don't bother making a baby's room because there is no baby stuff. Where did create-a-style go? Why is there no dishwasher, washer and dryer? I understand that it's probably coming in future expansion packs, but it feels like they started with too little for the Sims 4 base game. Why can't you select who owns the beds? Super unrealistic careers? No locking doors anymore? Are there even burglars anymore? No repair man? The tiny one dimensional main map with two crappy towns and hardly anything to do there? Even the towns in the Sims 1 were bigger! I understand that there were too many glitches in the Sims 3 and there were very few Sims that would even show up in the town because of loading issues, but going back to the closed up world again feels like a step backwards. I am a big Sims fan and have been playing it obsessively since the first one and every time there was a new version made, there was always more good added then bad. This time, it feels like they made a mistake and it's so disappointing. I still have faith that the new expansions and patches will make this game more playable, but as for now, I'm going back to the Sims 3 where I can enjoy a real Sims game. XO

please no spoilers, I havent done much gtw, time lapse, freezes, silly crap, Im giving up just like I gave up on sims 1234 all of them, serious bugs issues glithces, Il just play banished, gosh my neck is sore, I hate you gtw, and sims 4, what a rip, too much work to play a forty dollar game,me. so Peeved.

IM so fraking angry.
  • Fiever7Fiever7 Posts: 884 Member
    SelenaGrey wrote: »
    I agree with you OP.

I hope they try and make the sims 4 as much like the sims 2 as possible, and I'm going to try my best to steer the devs in that direction.

Why don't I just play sims 2? Well, I love the sims 2, but I don't want to get too dependent on it because it's no longer supported and I fear one day it wont even work properly.

It already doesn't work properly.
    IRJsECv.png
  • xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    Fiever7 wrote: »
    I agree with you OP.

I hope they try and make the sims 4 as much like the sims 2 as possible, and I'm going to try my best to steer the devs in that direction.

Why don't I just play sims 2? Well, I love the sims 2, but I don't want to get too dependent on it because it's no longer supported and I fear one day it wont even work properly.

It does for me... I guess I'm just lucky?
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Fiever7Fiever7 Posts: 884 Member
    xBob18 wrote: »
    Fiever7 wrote: »
    I agree with you OP.

It does for me... I guess I'm just lucky?

For me the game wasn't made for future resolutions and just won't work for me at 1080p... unless there's some fix for that?
    IRJsECv.png
  • ClayworldClayworld Posts: 1,106 Member
    Sims 2 works great on my new computer. I play it from time to time.
  • ArielleSaireArielleSaire Posts: 59 Member
    I agree with the OP.
    Animated_sims_plumbbob_zpsf02263fe.gif
  • gmomasuegmomasue Posts: 648 Member
    EA. You need to fix Sims 4 1. Fix the bugs 2. Upon the world 3. Make it so we can[ decide if we what cheating Sims or not ] what I mean is if we want to nice or nutty Sims, Would help a grate deal
  • MandylcdMandylcd Posts: 1,713 Member
    edited April 2015
    dp, sorry
  • MandylcdMandylcd Posts: 1,713 Member
    Clayworld wrote: »
    Sims 2 works great on my new computer. I play it from time to time.

Me too. When Sims2 was the current series I had an old computer that couldn't keep up. Now I can see many things in Sims2 that I never noticed before, playing on my current computer. It's great!
  • noross04noross04 Posts: 2 New Member
    I know what you mean but i still dissagree i think with a bit of work on the sims 4 it could clearly bee in my top 3 of games but that is what you think and nobody should be against that (btw sorry for my spelling) :p
  • noross04noross04 Posts: 2 New Member
    > @colton147 said:
    > ...... Yeah! #lol
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    yet again why are your raising from the dead a long dead thread
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • DarleymikeyDarleymikey Posts: 4,047 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    kwakeham87 wrote: »
    After excitedly waiting for the Sims 4, expecting an amazing new version of the Sims 3, I have to say, I was so disappointed. After a few times playing the new game, it felt like the game was taken in a different direction. The same feeling that I got from the Sims 3 is just not there anymore, especially since the open world map is gone. It feels all claustrophobic again. The graphics are awesome and the ease of building houses and the multitasking for Sims is awesome, but there's a lot of that old feel play gone. And so many glitches! And not to mention taking things that make it feel like real life ,out. Who takes the toddler stage of aging out? Why make it so you can't even carry a baby around anymore and don't bother making a baby's room because there is no baby stuff. Where did create-a-style go? Why is there no dishwasher, washer and dryer? I understand that it's probably coming in future expansion packs, but it feels like they started with too little for the Sims 4 base game. Why can't you select who owns the beds? Super unrealistic careers? No locking doors anymore? Are there even burglars anymore? No repair man? The tiny one dimensional main map with two crappy towns and hardly anything to do there? Even the towns in the Sims 1 were bigger! I understand that there were too many glitches in the Sims 3 and there were very few Sims that would even show up in the town because of loading issues, but going back to the closed up world again feels like a step backwards. I am a big Sims fan and have been playing it obsessively since the first one and every time there was a new version made, there was always more good added then bad. This time, it feels like they made a mistake and it's so disappointing. I still have faith that the new expansions and patches will make this game more playable, but as for now, I'm going back to the Sims 3 where I can enjoy a real Sims game. XO

The sims 1 base game town was not bigger.

Washers and dryers came in an Expansion for TS3.

TS3 has more glitches than the Sims 4 from what I've seen.

TS4 feels more like real life than TS3, in TS4 you can even take pregancy tests.

The unrealistic careers I can agree for the most part BUT, doctor, police and scientist careers are coming in GTW as active careers which I prefer this way, with the respective workplaces.

They have been puitting missing content that we so need in patches like they did with ghosts, pools, 2 new careers (business and atlhetic) and the family trees., here is hope for toddlers, basements (which didn't came with TS3 base game either) and locking doors in future patches.

And last, everyone as their own opinion, I'm sorry you are disapointed, I like the game much much more than TS3.

Pregnancy tests? Ok. That's pretty minor, though. I can't remember the last time I had to wait for my next door neighbor's lot to load when trying to visit him.
    wallshot_zps9l41abih.jpg
  • Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    Memina11 wrote: »
    yet again why are your raising from the dead a long dead thread

Because the thread isn't locked, that's why. And therefore, people can still post in it.

And, last but not least...it's not against the forum rules.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • VlaxitovVlaxitov Posts: 5,798 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    kwakeham87 wrote: »
    After excitedly waiting for the Sims 4, expecting an amazing new version of the Sims 3, I have to say, I was so disappointed. After a few times playing the new game, it felt like the game was taken in a different direction. The same feeling that I got from the Sims 3 is just not there anymore, especially since the open world map is gone. It feels all claustrophobic again. The graphics are awesome and the ease of building houses and the multitasking for Sims is awesome, but there's a lot of that old feel play gone. And so many glitches! And not to mention taking things that make it feel like real life ,out. Who takes the toddler stage of aging out? Why make it so you can't even carry a baby around anymore and don't bother making a baby's room because there is no baby stuff. Where did create-a-style go? Why is there no dishwasher, washer and dryer? I understand that it's probably coming in future expansion packs, but it feels like they started with too little for the Sims 4 base game. Why can't you select who owns the beds? Super unrealistic careers? No locking doors anymore? Are there even burglars anymore? No repair man? The tiny one dimensional main map with two crappy towns and hardly anything to do there? Even the towns in the Sims 1 were bigger! I understand that there were too many glitches in the Sims 3 and there were very few Sims that would even show up in the town because of loading issues, but going back to the closed up world again feels like a step backwards. I am a big Sims fan and have been playing it obsessively since the first one and every time there was a new version made, there was always more good added then bad. This time, it feels like they made a mistake and it's so disappointing. I still have faith that the new expansions and patches will make this game more playable, but as for now, I'm going back to the Sims 3 where I can enjoy a real Sims game. XO

The sims 1 base game town was not bigger.

Washers and dryers came in an Expansion for TS3.

TS3 has more glitches than the Sims 4 from what I've seen.

TS4 feels more like real life than TS3, in TS4 you can even take pregancy tests.

The unrealistic careers I can agree for the most part BUT, doctor, police and scientist careers are coming in GTW as active careers which I prefer this way, with the respective workplaces.

They have been puitting missing content that we so need in patches like they did with ghosts, pools, 2 new careers (business and atlhetic) and the family trees., here is hope for toddlers, basements (which didn't came with TS3 base game either) and locking doors in future patches.

And last, everyone as their own opinion, I'm sorry you are disapointed, I like the game much much more than TS3.

Pregnancy tests? Ok. That's pretty minor, though. I can't remember the last time I had to wait for my next door neighbor's lot to load when trying to visit him.

Pregnancy tests might have been good for somebody in theory, but the rock a bye baby music was far superior to the anti climatic pregnancy test.
  • DarleymikeyDarleymikey Posts: 4,047 Member
    edited April 2015
    No, no. I want to click an extra menu or eight!
    wallshot_zps9l41abih.jpg
  • VlaxitovVlaxitov Posts: 5,798 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    Vlaxitov wrote: »
    Scobre wrote: »
    I have noticed the price increases between each of the base games. Sims 1 base was $20, Sims 2 base was $30, Sims 3 base was $40, Sims 4 base is $60 and $10 more for the deluxe.

An ounce of gold was under 300 dollars in 2000.

An ounce of gold is like 1200 dollars today.

Sorry I find that extremely funny especially after taking economics in college.

Sorry I find the college economics comment funny when you can't understand what I'm saying in regards to gold.

I'm not comparing TS4 to gold... I'm saying that things aren't "getting expensive," your money is getting cheap.
  • SimplyEnchantedSimplyEnchanted Posts: 221 Member
    I think that TS3 fans have a hard time being fan of TS4 because it plays much more like TS2 did. I liked TS2 and disliked TS3. It doesn't necessarily mean that TS3 was a game to just absolutely despise and put down. I just didn't like it. I think that diehard sims fans expect to like and love every single game and I honestly think that is impossible.

I like TS4. I wish it had toddlers and dishwashers. I don't think that makes me a tool or a "fanboy" it just means that I like the game. If you're disappointed in the game, fine. That's okay. We're all different. I'd be careful though in making those that like TS4 feeling like they have to share the same opinion or that they're sheep just because they like the game.

If I were a sheep then I'd like every single sims game out there. So far I've liked TS2 and TS4. I didn't like 1 and 3.
  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    I think that TS3 fans have a hard time being fan of TS4 because it plays much more like TS2 did. I liked TS2 and disliked TS3. It doesn't necessarily mean that TS3 was a game to just absolutely despise and put down. I just didn't like it. I think that diehard sims fans expect to like and love every single game and I honestly think that is impossible.

I like TS4. I wish it had toddlers and dishwashers. I don't think that makes me a tool or a "fanboy" it just means that I like the game. If you're disappointed in the game, fine. That's okay. We're all different. I'd be careful though in making those that like TS4 feeling like they have to share the same opinion or that they're sheep just because they like the game.

If I were a sheep then I'd like every single sims game out there. So far I've liked TS2 and TS4. I didn't like 1 and 3.

Wrong ^^
    I and many other love Sims 2 and even 3 but can't stand Sims 4.
    edited April 2015
    06Bon06 wrote: »

Wrong ^^

Obviously you missed where I said it was impossible to love every single game. Good for you, you loved sims 2 and 3. I didn't like sims 3. That's okay. Nothing is wrong with either of us for having a different opinion. Why is it so hard to dislike a game while still having respect for other people's opinions? I have no problem with you liking Sims 3. That's great. I didn't.

I'm okay with others feeling like TS4 is a ripoff even. I'm just not okay with people treating those that like it as if they're insane lunatics who don't deserve respect.

• 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member

Wrong ^^

Obviously you missed where I said it was impossible to love every single game. Good for you, you loved sims 2 and 3. I didn't like sims 3. That's okay. Nothing is wrong with either of us for having a different opinion. Why is it so hard to dislike a game while still having respect for other people's opinions? I have no problem with you liking Sims 3. That's great. I didn't.

I wasn't o.O
    I was just commenting on this part
    think that TS3 fans have a hard time being fan of TS4 because it plays much more like TS2 did.

Wrong ^^

I wasn't o.O
    I was just commenting on this part
    think that TS3 fans have a hard time being fan of TS4 because it plays much more like TS2 did.

It's just an observation :smile: No two persons are alike, there are always exceptions. I've just found that a lot of people that liked TS3 were unhappy with TS2 and TS4. I've found a large number of those happy with TS4 were perhaps unhappy with TS3. Either way, I'm okay with people disliking the game. I hated TS3 on a very deep level but I understand why so many others loved it. I just stuck to 2. I don't fault others for loving TS3.

• ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited April 2015

Wrong ^^
    Yeah I liked the Sims 1, 2, 3, and Life Stories series more than the Sims 4. But the Sims 4 is better than Freeplay. I haven't tried the Urbz or the online Sims games. The Sims Castaway on DS was fun too, but plays a lot like the Sims 4 in following a script and gathering stuff in your inventory to craft new things.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller