Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I like alien babies as much as the next guy but..

My sims are getting abducted by aliens every hour or so. (Not sim hours ) After a while it just gets a bit annoying. Even though in the Sims 2 and 3 I always wanted to be abducted lol.
t0j4i8.jpg

Comments

• spoidspoid Posts: 75 Member
    It's happening to me quite a lot too. I agree it's annoying when it happens often (I get nearly as mad as them when they don't get their full sleep cycle).

I've heard of male sims getting pregnant this way, but I'd like to know if females can too? I don't currently play any males and so far my girls have all returned unscathed! ;)
    origin id: spoid29
    simblr: spoidsims
  • kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    Yeah, it's a bit imbalanced at the moment. I've got a sneaking suspicion that Maxis intended it to be a one-time only thing so everybody in the Science career (which is who it seems to happen to most often) could experience the Alien gameplay... and then they forgot to turn it off afterwards.

I wish it was like in the old days, where you'd have to actually grab their attention, and even then it was still a slim chance: spending too much time at the telescope for example. They could easily extend that to include "has a giant rocketship parked in their front yard".

It's meant to be a classic Maxis disaster, like a fire or a burglary, so they should be rare.
    wJbomAo.png
  • becca022becca022 Posts: 163 Member
    I've been wanting to get my male sim abducted, but no such luck yet.
  • LexypotatoLexypotato Posts: 27 New Member
    This might sounds strange, but moving worked for me. The house i was in at first kept getting my male sim kidnapped, i recently moved out to another house and i significantly have less kidnappings, in my last house sometimes three in the same night but now very rarely, not sure if it's not just coincidence or not though :P
  • Tanja1986Tanja1986 Posts: 1,237 Member
    Lexypotato wrote: »
    This might sounds strange, but moving worked for me. The house i was in at first kept getting my male sim kidnapped, i recently moved out to another house and i significantly have less kidnappings, in my last house sometimes three in the same night but now very rarely, not sure if it's not just coincidence or not though :P

Which house was it, if you don't mind asking?
  • Stilw8tinStilw8tin Posts: 662 Member
    My sim is a doctor and has been abducted 2 times and had 2 alien babies, and his wife got abducted too, (no baby)
    -Stilw8tin

'Happiness Can Be Found, Even In The Darkest Of Times' - Dumbledore
  • bevillebeville Posts: 1,151 Member
    I hate this! They need to do something about this!! This is so annoying!!
  • SamixSamix Posts: 6 New Member
    edited April 2015
    Same for me, I desperately wanted to be abducted in the Sims 3 and now even tho I haven't played a lot with the new extension yet, I feel like it will annoy me as it looks like it's happening as you, every hour or so..

At least we are 8 now so I can't have more babies I guess? :p The thing is, I have two elders at the end of their lifes so I shouldn't be happy so quick xp