Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Free Rotate Controls

So after using moveobjects on, I can't seem to freely rotate items. What key's do you need to press to get this to work? Thanks. :)

Comments

• BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    < and >

Holding down alt enables free placement (can't think what the proper term is at the moment, sorry!).
    apple-signature.png
  • AndyBrainsAndyBrains Posts: 218 Member
    < and >

Holding down alt enables free placement (can't think what the proper term is at the moment, sorry!).

Yes, but even when I have moveobjects enabled, I can freely move items off grid, but < and > still doesn't allow me to move the items and rotate them freely.
    I see it's possible: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rmoLk1kdfo
    Weird, always works for me. What keyboard setup do you have? Have you set up Modifier keys at all?
    apple-signature.png
    No modifier keys, just the normal QWERTY keyboard that comes with the Macbook Pro. :confused: I dunno what to do LOL
    That and (9 and )0 to control moving objects up and down.
    AndyBrains wrote: »
    No modifier keys, just the normal QWERTY keyboard that comes with the Macbook Pro. :confused: I dunno what to do LOL
    That and (9 and )0 to control moving objects up and down.

Sorry, I meant language and input. Can you go to System Preferences > Keyboard > Input Sources

What is showing up in the right hand pane? Eg, both my Macs have British setup. You can add other keyboards and see if one works for you. Once you add more you will see a flag icon in the top right, next to the time. You can then click and switch really easily :)
    apple-signature.png
    Canadian English, so I'm sure that won't be the problem right? :tongue:
    Canadian English, so I'm sure that won't be the problem right? :tongue:

Lol, shouldn't be! Try one of the British or US PC ones, just to see if it makes a difference. Do you have TS3 camera controls enabled?
    apple-signature.png
    No does that make a difference?
    No does that make a difference?

No idea but something I've learnt with The Sims is try everything, EVERYTHING! ;)

apple-signature.png
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited April 2015
    The Alt Key is what you need to press while holding a selected object.

Edit whoops I read differently i thought You said "freely move" I need to stop reading ahead of myself.

yeah as someone already posted "<" and ">" are all I think can rotate objects
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    The Alt Key is what you need to press while holding a selected object.

Edit whoops I read differently i thought You said "freely move" I need to stop reading ahead of myself.

yeah as someone already posted "<" and ">" are all I think can rotate objects

SO I can use alt no problems and move objects wherever I please. But I don't know the controls to freely rotate items. :confused:
  • OblongamanOblongaman Posts: 214 Member
    I was having the same issue with rotating objects freely but have just figured it out...

- Moveobjects ON

- You need to be in Sims 3 Camera mode so use CTRL+SHIFT+TAB to switch camera modes.

- Press ALT and the < / > keys and the LEFT mouse button to FREELY rotate the object!

Make sure you click the Left mouse button, this seems to be the key to rotating off the grid (ie. between the 10 fixed rotate positions).
    @Oblongaman Thanks.
  • OblongamanOblongaman Posts: 214 Member
    No problem. Glad to getting it working myself. I'll be rotating stuff like crazy when I get home tonight!
  • 20lightning0920lightning09 Posts: 21 Member
    Figured it out after playing around for a few minutes. Make sure you are on Sims 3 Camera (using top right controls) then press ALT on your keyboard, click on the object you want to move, and start dragging them about to rotate. Hope this helps :smile: