Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Drifter Challenge Main Page

Comments

• solarstormsolarstorm Posts: 350 Member
    okay massive POST! :) updates on house 002

kane drifter -
    rdKrgH8.png

starting aspiration and traits
    O3Kg2x1.png

pgCR3yI.png

after a few gardening & jobs & collecting

pZbZn4X.png

meets the gardener named aniyah
    bdOHfpw.png

proposal since aniyah was about to be an elder lol
    HhURwbv.png

btereCi.png
    they eloped lol

and let walls be created.
    vUi8LvD.png

this son of mine and i finally changed my aspiration to outdoor enthuasist
    3X4PPeI.png

i got aniyah pregnant so now they have a daughter named tammie so pics soon! :) NOW IM GONNA GO PLAY! BYE.
    edit: im gonna start over. :/ i cheated on house 001 -- i never looked but i did control the children not the main sim as well! SO I'm gonna start over!
  • VihishaVihisha Posts: 2,767 Member
    solarstorm wrote: »
    Ooooh lookin' gooooood! Did u remember 2 subtract any funds that Aniyah came with?!
    edit: im gonna start over. :/ i cheated on house 001 -- i never looked but i did control the children not the main sim as well! SO I'm gonna start over!
    Ah gotcha. Do u have any previous saves so u don't have 2 start ALL over!?
    U could do House 002 as a stand alone if u wanted 2 as well....just create a new Young Adult Sim
    If nothing else....your 1st round could b chalked up as a trial crash course 4 ya...there r prolly things that u would/could do differently.

I truly cannot wait 4 a re-do...I like pics hee hee

MsPrissy88 wrote: »
    That's kind of what I'm doing right now! LOL :D I mean, the careers. The doctor one is o - k, I guess. I just didn't like the mini tasks. And just now I was reading a thread where I guess all of the new careers have mini tasks that you must do! :s Oi *shakes head* {{sigh}} Oh well. I am going to just trod on through and hopefully I'll land on one that will pique my interest enough to stay with it.
    I haven't had a whole lot of play time w/GTW...I didn't know those mini-tasks HAD 2 b completed...figured they were more of an "idea" of what u should/could b doing during your work day....doing them improves work performance & gets faster promotions...but I kinda' assumed that u wouldn't HAVE 2 do them hmmmm

rXyqmuX.jpg
    Vihisha wrote: »
    Ooooh lookin' gooooood! Did u remember 2 subtract any funds that Aniyah came with?!
    Ah gotcha. Do u have any previous saves so u don't have 2 start ALL over!?
    U could do House 002 as a stand alone if u wanted 2 as well....just create a new Young Adult Sim
    If nothing else....your 1st round could b chalked up as a trial crash course 4 ya...there r prolly things that u would/could do differently.

I truly cannot wait 4 a re-do...I like pics hee hee

yes i did subtract funds before aniyah moved in i always do when someone moves in! :)
  • MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
    edited April 2015
    Vih -- I'm gonna have to re do House challenge 1 completely from the start..... again. (i have to repair my game to make it work again) Don't worry. It's ok. I kind of messed things up when I was trying to move this person here, that person there in manage worlds. But I do have a burning question.....

HOW would I get one of my own sims to be a part of the world like one of the townies? Cos I was thinking of playing (this round) with my sim, Sabrina, and I would love to have my other sim, Joe Wilder, be one of the townies she would eventually meet, marry, etc.
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
    edited April 2015
    HOW would I get one of my own sims to be a part of the world like one of the townies? Cos I was thinking of playing (this round) with my sim, Sabrina, and I would love to have my other sim, Joe Wilder, be one of the townies she would eventually meet, marry, etc.

From House 001 rules under "the heir" section
    - Partner to woohoo with must be random sim in game, you cannot create them yourself (unless you populated the world with sim prior to and then made relationship with them and asked them to move onto lot)
    Sooooo what that means is IF u want 2 add Sims into the "gene pool" of random generated townies...then u would need 2 add them 2 the bin of random used Sims. Create your Sim(s)....move them onto a lot & then evict them via the Manage Worlds screen. Creating said Sims DOES NOT guarantee that the game will chose 2 use them when it auto-populates streets/lots etc. So it's still quite the game of chance whether your Sims will walk by. Since it's a Sim that u created...it does take some of the challenge & fun of FINDING a random Sim in the world out of game play. I am by NO means saying no 2 doing it...if that's what u wish 4 your game play...have @ it! =)

Vih -- I'm gonna have to re do House challenge 1 completely from the start..... again.
    I hope that u enjoy playing House 001 again...again =)
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    Ahhhh - gotcha!! Ok thanks. :)
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • QTBrniisQTBrniis Posts: 200 Member
    I would like to say something to the oft used directive of "Create your Sim(s)....move them onto a lot & then evict them via the Manage Worlds screen." I've never done it that way or had to. I just cancel out the moving interaction and that puts my Sims in the "townie" bin without doing all that move onto lot and then evict. Anyway, someone else try this and see if it works for them.
    QTBrniis wrote: »
    I would like to say something to the oft used directive of "Create your Sim(s)....move them onto a lot & then evict them via the Manage Worlds screen." I've never done it that way or had to. I just cancel out the moving interaction and that puts my Sims in the "townie" bin without doing all that move onto lot and then evict. Anyway, someone else try this and see if it works for them.

Well what do u know?! That works 2 QT! I just gave 'er a go & it did just want u said it would
    Ok so guess this way works as well...just make sure that u take the "played household" tag off of the Sim(s) Manage Households screen...select the Sim(s) & click the plumbob in the bottom left hand corner....will mark them as "Unplayed"

rXyqmuX.jpg
    I am SO sick of having to repair my effin' game!!! :s I wanted to put my house down, and the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 gallery (and build mode) kept telling me that the content was missing! Or something like that. gggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!! :s And even though I only *really play* with a mod -- even though I finally did download the hair you have, Vih, and one other (yeah, from Cazy) -- I don't see why I would be getting message from the gallery and build mode!!!

I did copy my saves folder and make it a back up. I'm not playing any other game or world! And just when I got Sabrina to meet ALL 5 of the guys I had put into the world at the very beginning. (before Sabrina, that is) Yeah Vih!! The game plopped them in all on the very first day!! I don't know what day it is now, but Sabrina's been working her little butt off gathering, and collecting, fishing, and gardening!!

ooooooooo..... I need a beer! :s
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
    edited April 2015
    Did it tell u WHAT content was missing?! I haven't seen that error message before...

That's awesome that Sabrina was able 2 meet ALL 5 of the guys u created...best of luck 2 her <3

1255751bitdspvn9n.gif
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    edited April 2015
    Nope! So after I made the backup save folder, pulled the mods folder out, I repaired the game. Then I launched the game (to get those folders back), replaced EAs folders with the ones I had taken out, and I didn't lose any progress! **mumbles incoherently under breath** So after all that, Sabrina finally (like just a moment ago) asked Joe (Wilder) to move in. And now they're all lovey dovey and cooing over their dinner. I've got to get these two engaged and married soon! :D LOL

Edit: Oh! And yes, this time (well a sim day or two ago) I was able to place my house down. And I redid the basement area. I might just save that piece (if i can) to my own library. If it saves normally, then I'll share it to the gallery. I like it better now.
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
    Wonderful! Glad 2 hear everything turned out ok! =)
    oooh yeah..please do try & save..I'd love 2 c what u changed!
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    edited April 2015
    Heyyy Vih! I have a game update! :# It's a little one, but it's a goodie!

Ta Da! Guess who's pregnant??

74538e36-e783-4dc4-bcc3-a07c134f71b3_zpsyi1gtkti.png

I just had to show you. I'm trying to play this as fast as I can. Oh.... And I'm hoping that I'll be able to go with her when she goes to work "tomorrow". That was one of the problems I was having the other day. See I had her get the detective job (in the other game i was playing), and I had decided to merge Joe into that game. Long story short.... By the time the merging was all done, Sabrina was a little late for work. So she went like it was one of the normal jobs! She just disappeared. If it happens again this time, I quit. :p
    Post edited by MsPrissy88 on
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
    Awe yeay!! Gratz on the incoming Nooboo =)
    I think w/the active careers u can go with them OR they can just do their workday like any normal day....u get 2 make the choice every time it's time 2 go 2 work...
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    edited April 2015
    Well, we'll see. I never did get that pop up to join her. And I want to join her!! lol

Anyway..... I am back with even more awesome news!!!!!!! :D

The basement saved normally to my own gallery!!! yaaaaaaaaaay (dances around my room) ahem.... I also found YOUR gallery, and am now following you, and I shared my updated basement. The stairwell also got redone, but I didn't know if I should have shared that or not. I guess I just wanted to show off my basement more. You *should* be able to find it in my gallery. At least I when I looked.

squeeeeeeee!!!! :#

Ok. I am heading back to my game. Have an AWESOME night!!
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
    687657tjeez4a46v.gif
    Awesome!

I shall check out your Gallery upload the next time I launch my game =) THX 4 the follow also @MsPrissy88
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    This post is more of a Meet & Greet ---

Meet the heir for the next challenge.... Rylan Glass! He's got Sabrina's hair color and her love of painting. He also got the creative trait.

55a95842-ae57-4295-b314-60b97961d2cd_zpsmzq9x4iw.png

It was funny to watch him being born AT the hospital!! The doctor was using that machine contraption on Sabrina, sparks started flying, and at one point, the plum doctor took her heart out! :o:D Obviously, he put it back. And then out came Rylan!! :#
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
    Hello Ryan Glass!

Oooh I have yet 2 c that whole having babies @ the hospital...sounds like fun lol
    Very cool @MsPrissy88 =)
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • jenny0786jenny0786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    This looks interesting. I never never done any kind of challenges or legacies. I might have to give one a go.
    edited April 2015
    jenny0786 wrote: »
    This looks interesting. I never never done any kind of challenges or legacies. I might have to give one a go.

You really should, Jen!! Sure, I might have had problems with my game and all, but my heir has been a teen for a while now. I'd say read up on the rules to get a better handle of what Vih wants us to do. Then decide if you want to try it or not!! ;)

Post edited by MsPrissy88 on
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
    jenny0786 wrote: »
    You really should, Jen!! Sure, I might have had problems with my game and all, but my heir has been a teen for a while now. I'd say read up on the rules to get a better handle of what Vih what us to do. Then decide if you want to try it or not!! ;)

I'm ALMOST always around 2 answer any questions u may have on The Drifter Challenge @jenny0786 Let me know if u give it a shot..I would LOVE 2 hear your thoughts =)

rXyqmuX.jpg
  • FennadevFennadev Posts: 180 Member
    And I got another bug, I can't sell stuff from my inventory bcos I keep holding it accidentely.
    I am trying to find someone for Jayden right now.
    Hi Vih. I'm going to abandon the challenge. Nothing wrong. I've got my save folder backed up on my desktop whenever I want to go back to it again. I just want to play the game "normally" right now; with all the lots and both worlds. Oh, I'll be deleting quite a few of the lots any way .... I hate some of those houses. I just wanted to let you know in advance.

With 2 more months left of work (for all the kids go back to school come Monday), I don't really have a lot of time to play when I get home. And by the time summer vacation rolls around, I'll be home all day (with the exception of an occasional doctor appointment that mom might have) and will then have loads of time to play.

And besides! Now that I am following you on YouTube, I can always just catch up with your Let's Play vids. I'll be stopping in now and then to see how the others are doing. And you, of course! :)
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • kerpleenketkerpleenket Posts: 213 Member
    Just posted my House 001 Challenge on the other page. Going to start this challenge today. =)
    Origin ID: Emmblie

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top