Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

employees wont ring up customers

I have 2 employees in my shop who i tasked to ring up customers but they never do it. I end up getting tons of sims waiting to pay but they end up being ignored and walking all the time or my sim is rushing about trying to get to them all while my employees are in group conversations or doing nothing. They are both nearly full in skill with customers and focused/not distracted.
Also occasionally, i go back and check and they don't have any task assigned to them (even though i did), so i have to keep reassigning them to the same task over and over again. Both my employees are promoted and fully satisfied.

Is anyone else finding this or am i being to impatient?

Comments

• Aussie_SimmerAussie_Simmer Posts: 2,623 Member
    What is their work ethic skill like?
    Aussie_Simmer
  • Aussie_SimmerAussie_Simmer Posts: 2,623 Member
    There is an issue with the employees. They're looking into it.
    Aussie_Simmer
  • HappyGeniusHappyGenius Posts: 167 Member
    Yeah their work ethic is full. Hopefully just a bug :)
  • fairydreamerfairydreamer Posts: 5 New Member
    im having the same problem @HappyGenius , its so frustrating! hope they can fix it soon.
  • heatherrainloverheatherrainlover Posts: 11 New Member
    Same here! My Sim has "abandoned" her store until these issues get worked out.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Yeah their work ethic is full. Hopefully just a bug :)

But what is their level of expertise? They may not do anything if that is low, or know how? Where multitasking actually hurts this game for this is when they all get in a group talk and forget to do their jobs because everyone is getting them into a group talk. I have to cancel this a lot even on my own Sim.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    I can't even get the employee my sims hire to show up to work.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • HappyGeniusHappyGenius Posts: 167 Member
    maybe we are all just terrible employers? :D Their level of expertise seems good. When they do it, they do it well but they just seem to get stuck on this loop of standing about or talking. I hope they sort out the bug with having to keep reassigning them their tasks all the time. I just want to assign them in the morning and know that they will do it without having to check all the time.
  • RayneCharleyRayneCharley Posts: 2 New Member
    I'm having the same problem. I assign them the task to ring up customers, then they just talk to customers. When I hover over the interaction to make them ring up again, it says "sim is already doing this" (when they're clearly not)
  • simslovesimslove Posts: 58 Member
    I am having the same problem... and they take forever just to ring up one by one
  • simslovesimslove Posts: 58 Member
    I started using my family to ring up customers the owner has 2 teenage kids and her husband to help ring up and restock... what a life saver lol
  • EIisabettaEIisabetta Posts: 5,708 Member
    I've resigned myself to having my employees mainly restock and clean. Though, they do a decent job answering customer's questions. That's where them getting stuck in a group conversation is actually helpful. Once my shop owner got married, it got a lot easier because both of them check out the customers and I haven't had any leave mad. The perks that help household members check them out faster help a lot too. I don't think those work for employees though.

I'll be glad when they sort out the issue with them getting stuck in group conversations, though, especially when their work ethic and skills are high.
    moxiegraphix on Origin
  • finefashionistafinefashionista Posts: 168 Member
    Mine also won't ring up customers! They just sit chatting away to customers all day.
  • JoseffJoseff Posts: 546 Member
    Mine do this too, just dance or start talking to the customers. Just gonna have to hold off until they sort it out. :(
    maybe we are all just terrible employers? :D Their level of expertise seems good. When they do it, they do it well but they just seem to get stuck on this loop of standing about or talking. I hope they sort out the bug with having to keep reassigning them their tasks all the time. I just want to assign them in the morning and know that they will do it without having to check all the time.

It's not a bug, it's part of the TS4 really because all Sims get into group talks like I said. It actually hurts this part of the game. But it might be better to hire someone (wait for the right one) who has more skills which make them a better employee than someone who has better work ethics and just put them to stocking and cleaning or selling and you do the checking out. And buy the perks so you can check them out faster.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    simslove wrote: »
    I started using my family to ring up customers the owner has 2 teenage kids and her husband to help ring up and restock... what a life saver lol

Yes, you don't have to pay family in this game. And they are better at it because you are controlling them. I think it's better to start with a small shop, hire one employee and 'train' them when they are goofing off by berating them than to hire someone with only two bars on that handy skills which are more important imho.
  • MollyG1997MollyG1997 Posts: 299 Member
    If you have the Debug Mod in game, what I do is; whenever I see a sale, I stop them from talking to people by right-shift clicking them and selecting "reset object", if they are assigned to ring up customers, they will immediately find and ring them up. The resetting just clears their task bar from talking so it gives them a chance to ring customers up.
    CAGyZIg.gif
    hello neiiigghhhhbour
  • mchristy1963mchristy1963 Posts: 29 Member
    MollyG1997 is totally right... first of all EA has to fix this issue, it is a bug, does not matter whether your employee is happy or not, they rarely will ring up an order if they are engaged in talking nonsense, not answering questions mind you, just chatting on your dollar. Anyway, tried the RESETSIM (firstname) (lastname), first do the CNTRL Shift C to open console first and after that my employee immediately stops talking and rings up the sale. You should not have to do this several times a day like I do, but until they fix this what else can you do?
  • happysharleehappysharlee Posts: 13 New Member
    edited April 2015
    It's definitely a bug 'cause I asked my employee to ring up customers and he spent the day cleaning. When I told my other employee to do the same thing she just talked to customers, and she is Satisfied with very high work ethic & such. There's definitely a problem with ringing up.

edited for typo
  • cherrypopcherrypop Posts: 64 Member
    They are probably brain dead just like the hospital employees in charge of cleaning and admitting patients :p
  • KininaKinina Posts: 124 Member
    So can you not just have family help out in the store until this problem is corrected... or is there a con to that? That way you don't have to pay for the extra labor. Haha ;) Most of my households are medium to large families (sadly, when I see a super pretty Sim, I immediately think reproduction).
  • HalloMolliHalloMolli Posts: 2,720 Member
    MollyG1997 wrote: »
    If you have the Debug Mod in game, what I do is; whenever I see a sale, I stop them from talking to people by right-shift clicking them and selecting "reset object", if they are assigned to ring up customers, they will immediately find and ring them up. The resetting just clears their task bar from talking so it gives them a chance to ring customers up.

Didn't work for me. After I tried that the only thing they do is they stop talking and just stand around for hours without doing anything.
    "[...] and everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end."

• litabelaqualitabelaqua Posts: 4,322 Member
    I was just about to post about this too, my employee has 4/5 work ethic but sits and chats to customers all day. My sim is losing customers as she cannot ring up all the sales on her own, ive reduced the number of items for sale to 6 so tha she can cope on her own. Will the employee get better at ringing up custom4rs or is this a 'to be looked at' issue? so frustrating....
    are there cheats that can raise my sims ability to ring up sales? I feel justified in using it as im paying his plum wages to sit on his plum all day
    MollyG1997 wrote: »

I honestly cannot see how this will work as resetting them will surely reset their task too