Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

♥ SANDRAELLE'S SHOWCASE ♥

Comments

• SandraelleSandraelle Posts: 6,146 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    All About The View is a very nice home! :) Very nice layout of the home! The flowers look very pretty how you have placed them either sides of the front footpath! The lime touches throughout the home are very nice! The lime letterbox and front door are nice for sims to see when coming to their home. The front porch is nice. Sims will enjoy sitting on the seat there, enjoying being outdoors in the air. The texture of the exterior of the home is nice. Very nice back porch! Sims will enjoy relaxing in the sunlight on the loungers there. They will enjoy cooking meals on the lime coloured bbq and eating the food at the table eating the nice views of the nearby flowers. The chequered patterning on the hot tub deck looks very nice! It looks very nice how you have used the combination of the wooden and the stone flooring textures! Sims will enjoy relaxing in the hot tub. Very nice pool area! Sims will have fun swimming in the pool. The paving around the edge of the pool looks nice. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! The texture of the interior walls, and the brown and lime colour schemes of the rooms looks very nice! The living room is very nice! The black colour of the sofa looks stylish, and the patterning on the floor rug is very nice! The lime vase is a nice touch there. Sims will enjoy sitting resting on the sofa watching tv and warming up near the fire. It looks nice how you have placed the long narrow windows on the top section of the living room walls. The corner fireplace nook looks nice. The lime and white colour scheme of the kitchen cabinets and counters looks very nice. It looks very nice how you placed the cabinets and counters in the room. The bar stool counter is great! The plant is a nice touch in the kitchen. The pattern on the bed in the bedroom looks nice. Sims will enjoy reading a book from the bookcase whilst laying in bed. The sunflowers picture on the wall is nice for sims to see when laying in bed. Very nice study desk nook in the bedroom! Sims will enjoy sitting at the desk table using the computer whilst sunsjine is coming in onto them. It looks nice how you have placed the shelves on the study desk area wall. The black and white patterned floor rug adds to the nice look of the bedroom. They will have very nice views of the outdoirson through their bedrooms windows! The white and lime tiling of the bathroom walls looks very nice.
    It is a very nice home! :)

Thank you so much Rose. I was a bit leary of using that lime green color, but most of my builds have the traditional colored cabinetry, so I decided to go with that green, then of course I had to make everything that color. Thanks again for all of your nice comments.
  • moonandsixpensmoonandsixpens Posts: 553 Member
    Wow, All About the View is such a cozy neat house! Really like the way you divided the space and your choices of furnitures. Ooh be gah (according to the simlish dictionary it means "very good" ;))!
    tumblr_noncvdlzEI1unxm84o1_540.png

Wow, All About the View is such a cozy neat house! Really like the way you divided the space and your choices of furnitures. Ooh be gah (according to the simlish dictionary it means "very good" ;))!

Thank you so much moonandsixpens for visiting and for your nice comments. And I like your "simlish"!!!
  • luvalphvleluvalphvle Posts: 1,545 Member
    I love your recolors! Just gorgeous. And I love the way you alternated the wood and rock out by the hot tub. I'd never think of doing that!
  • soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,260 Member
    Aw, All About the View is so cute. I missed a few builds since my last visit. Very nice lots indeed. Great idea to use the blinds together with the pillars as a divider in Hillside Modern. So glad you're still building for Sims 3 @Sandraelle :D
    luvalphvle wrote: »
    I love your recolors! Just gorgeous. And I love the way you alternated the wood and rock out by the hot tub. I'd never think of doing that!

Thank you Megan! I wasn't sure at first about whether I wanted to keep the mix of wood and rock on the patio; glad you liked it. :)
    soocoolsim wrote: »
    Aw, All About the View is so cute. I missed a few builds since my last visit. Very nice lots indeed. Great idea to use the blinds together with the pillars as a divider in Hillside Modern. So glad you're still building for Sims 3 @Sandraelle :D

Thanks so much soocoolsim! Actually the divider I made in the Hillside Modern was the metal fencing with two pillars, not the blinds. But it does kinda look like that, lol.
  • NiniBeMe69NiniBeMe69 Posts: 2,327 Member
    Hello Sandraelle, it's been so long. I am so glad I stopped in. All of your latest builds are just fantastic. I love the modern builds the most. I found some great ideas for future builds too. Thanks so much for sharing and I got them all rec'd. :)
    Hey Nini, it's so wonderful to see you back!!! I just saw that you posted in your World Adventures contest thread, so I commented over there as well. I thanked Reachsims for the gifts she sent in regards to your contest. I'm so glad to hear that you and your family are doing better, yay! I missed you around here and seeing all of your wonderful creations.

And thanks for all the recs, I appreciate it. Are you creating in Sims 4 yet? I haven't gotten it yet, think I need to upgrade my computer first. Have a great day!
  • MeaganJoMeaganJo Posts: 4,343 Member
    Great little house the All About the View is, rec'd! :D
    MeaganJo wrote: »
    Great little house the All About the View is, rec'd! :D

Thanks Meagan!
    That's weird, I just tried to post another one of my builds and it didn't post the first time, so I tried it again, and the 2nd time I saw a little alert pop up that said "your comment will post after it is approved". Wonder if if it was because I had so many pictures???
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    Sandraelle wrote: »
    That's weird, I just tried to post another one of my builds and it didn't post the first time, so I tried it again, and the 2nd time I saw a little alert pop up that said "your comment will post after it is approved". Wonder if if it was because I had so many pictures???

Hello :) Simmers find that it helps if they write some text, post it, then come back and edit in the pictures. When you get the "post needs approval" post , your post never appears.
    Sandraelle wrote: »

Hello :) Simmers find that it helps if they write some text, post it, then come back and edit in the pictures. When you get the "post needs approval" post , your post never appears.

Thanks so much for that tip Rose. I will retry it that way then. :-)
    edited May 2019
    FIREHOUSE FLATS, 4/7/15
    30X40 residential apartment lot at 357 4th Avenue, Bridgeport

DOWNLOAD
    PICTURES

The Community Fire Station in Bridgeport (located at 357 4th Avenue), was converted into a 4-unit apartment building, now named Firehouse Flats. Each unit has one bedroom and one bath and has a private balcony. Unit 3 is furnished and available for rent and is located on the 3rd floor. (Units 1, 2 & 4 are NPC apartments).

The renovation: The exterior walls of the fire station were not touched (with the exception of moving a few windows and replacing the garage doors), but the interior was gutted. Fire poles were removed and replaced with spiral staircases and an elevator. The ground floor now houses a lobby area with mailboxes, a secure place to park your bikes, a convenient laundry room and a small gym. The existing balconies were redone to accommodate the apartments, and a new parking structure and walkway now sits where the fire truck used to park. An enclosed pool area with hot tub and patio space was added onto the back of the building. Besides the main entrance, there are now two other convenient entrances to the building, one across from the garage and one on the other side of the building with easy access to the pool. A newspaper article about the conversion can be found in the lobby area, along with some fire station décor. :p

nWwzq16.jpg

PAg31Ln.jpg
    Post edited by Sandraelle on
  • MeaganJoMeaganJo Posts: 4,343 Member
    Great conversion, what an awesome idea! Rec'd :D
    Your conversion of the Fire Station into Firehouse Flats looks very great! :) Very front area of the build! It looks very nice how you have placed the water fountain feature there and have the seat benches either sides of it. It is a nice place for sims to enjoy sitting on the benches in the sunshine, enjoying the nice sight of the water fountain and the flower beds on the front edge of the building. The raised brick flower beds look very nice! The red awnings are a nice touch over the front doors. The balconies are great! Nice outdoors dining area on unit 3's balcony for sims to enjoy cooking on the bbq and eating the meal at the table enjoying the outdoors air. The garage is great! It looks great how you have used the pillars there. The pool and hot tub patio is so very nice! Nice shape of the pool. The type of fencing that you have used there looks nice. Sims will have fun swimming in the pool, or enjoy relaxing in the hot tub or resting poolside on the loungers. The corner triangular flower beds look so pretty! The plants look nice how you have placed them either sides of the hot tub. It looks very nice how you have set up the lobby area with mailboxes, a bikes storage area, and the pieces of Firehouse memorabilia are a great touch in the build! It is great that you have a community laundry room. Sims will enjoy keeping fit using the equipment in the gym. Very nice furnishing of unit 3! Very nice living room area. It looks nice how you have placed the sofas. Sims will enjoy sitting relaxing there watching tv and reading a book from the bookcase. The famiky photos are a nice home touch on the tv wall, and candles look pretty on the large glass coffee table. Very nice kitchen and dining area! The fruit bowl on the dining table is nice for sims to see whilst cooking and eating meals there. The sunflowers themed jars look nice on the counter, It is nice that you have a study desk nook for sims to sit at the table and enjoy using the computer. The dining seats and the floor rug under the table go well together. The mountain picture on the bedhead wall in the master bedroom is restful for sims to see when laying in bed. The recolouring of the bed looks very nice. Nice armchair window sitting area.
    The build is very nice! Your conversion of the fire station looks very great! :)
    MeaganJo wrote: »
    Great conversion, what an awesome idea! Rec'd :D

Thanks Meagan, yeah that idea just came to me one day, and I've made one other apartment building so it was time to try another. Thanks for the rec.
    Your conversion of the Fire Station into Firehouse Flats looks very great! :) Very front area of the build! It looks very nice how you have placed the water fountain feature there and have the seat benches either sides of it. It is a nice place for sims to enjoy sitting on the benches in the sunshine, enjoying the nice sight of the water fountain and the flower beds on the front edge of the building. The raised brick flower beds look very nice! The red awnings are a nice touch over the front doors. The balconies are great! Nice outdoors dining area on unit 3's balcony for sims to enjoy cooking on the bbq and eating the meal at the table enjoying the outdoors air. The garage is great! It looks great how you have used the pillars there. The pool and hot tub patio is so very nice! Nice shape of the pool. The type of fencing that you have used there looks nice. Sims will have fun swimming in the pool, or enjoy relaxing in the hot tub or resting poolside on the loungers. The corner triangular flower beds look so pretty! The plants look nice how you have placed them either sides of the hot tub. It looks very nice how you have set up the lobby area with mailboxes, a bikes storage area, and the pieces of Firehouse memorabilia are a great touch in the build! It is great that you have a community laundry room. Sims will enjoy keeping fit using the equipment in the gym. Very nice furnishing of unit 3! Very nice living room area. It looks nice how you have placed the sofas. Sims will enjoy sitting relaxing there watching tv and reading a book from the bookcase. The famiky photos are a nice home touch on the tv wall, and candles look pretty on the large glass coffee table. Very nice kitchen and dining area! The fruit bowl on the dining table is nice for sims to see whilst cooking and eating meals there. The sunflowers themed jars look nice on the counter, It is nice that you have a study desk nook for sims to sit at the table and enjoy using the computer. The dining seats and the floor rug under the table go well together. The mountain picture on the bedhead wall in the master bedroom is restful for sims to see when laying in bed. The recolouring of the bed looks very nice. Nice armchair window sitting area.
    The build is very nice! Your conversion of the fire station looks very great! :)

Thank you so much Rose. I always enjoy reading your comments.
    edited February 15
    THE SOMERSET, 30x40 residential lot, 17 Maywood Lane, Sunset Valley, 4/10/15

Exchange link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8627073

Pics (58): http://imgur.com/a/Xde6A

This brick and stucco home was created for a family, with it’s playhouse in the backyard and a playroom that’s connected to both little girls’ bedrooms.

0OvYqFf.jpg

Post edited by Sandraelle on
    Somerset House is such a very nice family home! :) Very nice exterior of the home! The brick and the green texture of the exterior looks nice. It looks very nice how you have placed the plants and flowers on the edges of the front pathway! Very nice backyard patio areas! Sims will have fun swimming in the pool. It looks very nice how you placed a roof over the hot tub and have a water fountain beside it! Very nice skylight roofing covered outdoors BBQ area! Sims will enjoy cooking on the BBQ and eating meals in the sunshine at the umbrella covered table. The children's play yard area is very nice! The playhouse is so very cute! It looks nice that you have a rooftop deck on the playhouse! The swing between the two sections of the playhouse looks great! The monkey seats tea party area is very cute! The floral interior wall pattern is nice and the teddy sofa is cute for them to sit on in the playhouse! Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! The green, white and black colour scheme of the rooms looks very nice! The black and white chequered flooring that you have used in some of the rooms creates a very nice look. It looks very nice how you have placed the pictures on the wall in the living room! The flowers are a pretty touch in the corner for sims to enjoy seeing whilst sitting there. They will enjoy sitting on the sofa and armchairs there listening to music from the grand piano being played. The coat stand is a nice homely touch in the foyer. The pink flowers on the dining table are pretty for sims to enjoy seeing whilst eating their meals. Very nice design of the kitchen! The brick wall and the chequered flooring look very nice together. Very nice island bar stool and sink counter. Nice kitchen breakfast eating area. The teddy looks cute there! The family room is a very nice place for the family to gather and enjoy sitting relaxing on the seating watching TV together. It looks nice how you have placed the bookcases into either corner nooks. The family photos on the wall look homely. Very nice layout and furnishing of the bedrooms! The blue colour scheme of the master bedroom is very nice! The TV and bookcase alcove is very nice! Very nice bathtub alcove in the master bathroom. Very pretty recolouring of the curtains there! The kids playroom is so very nice! The jigsaw floor rug, the seating and the curtains look so colourfully nice! The giraffe, teddy and hanging monkey are cute in the room! The children will have fun riding on the rocking horse. The duck seats window area is very nice! Sims will like sitting on the beanbag relaxing and watching TV. The girls nursery and girls bedroom are so very pretty! The wall patterns are very nice! The furnishing of the girls bedroom is so nice! Very nice recolouring of the furnishings, and the cushions, drapes over the bedhead and the castle themed bookcase look so nice!
    There are lots of very nice details throughout the home! It is a very nice home! :)
    Somerset House is such a very nice family home! :) Very nice exterior of the home! The brick and the green texture of the exterior looks nice. It looks very nice how you have placed the plants and flowers on the edges of the front pathway! Very nice backyard patio areas! Sims will have fun swimming in the pool. It looks very nice how you placed a roof over the hot tub and have a water fountain beside it! Very nice skylight roofing covered outdoors BBQ area! Sims will enjoy cooking on the BBQ and eating meals in the sunshine at the umbrella covered table. The children's play yard area is very nice! The playhouse is so very cute! It looks nice that you have a rooftop deck on the playhouse! The swing between the two sections of the playhouse looks great! The monkey seats tea party area is very cute! The floral interior wall pattern is nice and the teddy sofa is cute for them to sit on in the playhouse! Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! The green, white and black colour scheme of the rooms looks very nice! The black and white chequered flooring that you have used in some of the rooms creates a very nice look. It looks very nice how you have placed the pictures on the wall in the living room! The flowers are a pretty touch in the corner for sims to enjoy seeing whilst sitting there. They will enjoy sitting on the sofa and armchairs there listening to music from the grand piano being played. The coat stand is a nice homely touch in the foyer. The pink flowers on the dining table are pretty for sims to enjoy seeing whilst eating their meals. Very nice design of the kitchen! The brick wall and the chequered flooring look very nice together. Very nice island bar stool and sink counter. Nice kitchen breakfast eating area. The teddy looks cute there! The family room is a very nice place for the family to gather and enjoy sitting relaxing on the seating watching TV together. It looks nice how you have placed the bookcases into either corner nooks. The family photos on the wall look homely. Very nice layout and furnishing of the bedrooms! The blue colour scheme of the master bedroom is very nice! The TV and bookcase alcove is very nice! Very nice bathtub alcove in the master bathroom. Very pretty recolouring of the curtains there! The kids playroom is so very nice! The jigsaw floor rug, the seating and the curtains look so colourfully nice! The giraffe, teddy and hanging monkey are cute in the room! The children will have fun riding on the rocking horse. The duck seats window area is very nice! Sims will like sitting on the beanbag relaxing and watching TV. The girls nursery and girls bedroom are so very pretty! The wall patterns are very nice! The furnishing of the girls bedroom is so nice! Very nice recolouring of the furnishings, and the cushions, drapes over the bedhead and the castle themed bookcase look so nice!
    There are lots of very nice details throughout the home! It is a very nice home! :)

Thank you Rose! I had fun doing that house with some of those color schemes. Thanks for noticing all the details!!
  • lacri12lacri12 Posts: 13 New Member
    Wow! I wish I could build houses like these, they are absolutely brilliant! B)
    lacri12 wrote: »
    Wow! I wish I could build houses like these, they are absolutely brilliant! B)

Thank you so much lacri12!! I'm glad you like them and I appreciate you stopping by. :smile:
  • luvalphvleluvalphvle Posts: 1,545 Member
    I love Firehouse Flats and the Somerset House! Both of them! I love the industrial-type homes. Your recolors are stunning in both lots!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top