Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mooch off your Neighbor Challenge! :)

12345679...Next

Comments

• TerrylinTerrylin Posts: 4,846 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »
    I love the SKL home! While I was playing it, I noticed that granny shared her bed with her son. Also, the grill started a fire, but no one burned--sprinklers were over it! And... I had a big huge crash-the-game glitch when Jack used the comp in the spare downstairs room (which I call the Gardener's room). He completed a novel right after skilling up in writing skill... and then, I couldn't cancel the writing action. He couldn't get up. His sleep and bladder meters were solid red... Even "resetsim" didn't work!

I'm afraid of that downstairs computer now!

@TerryLin - I really like your funny running-commentary style of writing!

Yep the SKL do have some strange sleeping arrangements! Eric sleeps with his mother and Alice sleeps with her father. :\
    David put out Gramps before the sprinkler came on. Those grills are very dangerous, but David hasn't had an issue with them as of yet. I did go into the SKL house and put in a pool so he could douse himself if he did catch on fire.
    Sorry to hear you are having an issue with playing their house. I will say that after the last patch I reset my game and just moved my save over and my game plays the best it ever has. :)

Thank you for enjoying my story. I am surprised I have been able to do that much! LOL Flexeril is making concentration rather hard at the moment! :p

• SimPoseyYumSimPoseyYum Posts: 995 Member
    @Terrylin "...wearing nothing but her hair...". It's a good thing I had already swallowed my drink when I read that! I'm truly enjoying reading your commentary on David's progress! Very entertaining!
    edited November 2014
    @Terrylin "...wearing nothing but her hair...". It's a good thing I had already swallowed my drink when I read that! I'm truly enjoying reading your commentary on David's progress! Very entertaining!

LOL I had that song of Ray Stevens "The Streak" playing in my mind! ;)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxUfg3uCBbg

I had a blast last weekend playing him and so much excitement! :D Hope for more tomorrow! SKL house is getting fun now! :)

PS I know it is age telling but do you remember the Streaking days? When you never knew what you might see on your trip to town! :o AHHH the 70's were fun! :p
    Post edited by Terrylin on
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,088 Member
    Posted the second chapter to my Moocher story: Settling In in an Unsettled Way.

Jack's life is settling into a type of routine. Earning money is slow, but I'm still early in the game!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    Posted the second chapter to my Moocher story: Settling In in an Unsettled Way.

Jack's life is settling into a type of routine. Earning money is slow, but I'm still early in the game!

@CathyTea
    I received the story in my email yesterday and I love it! You write a good story! Wish I could :( I get started then poof it just dries up on me. :p

Yep David has found that the SKL house is the most friendly and entertaining house to stay at. He also enjoys the Pancake house. They are really nice people and always friendly just not as fun as the SKL house! ;)

Can't wait to see what Drifter does next! :)

Thanks, @Terrylin! Jack will have to stop by the Pancake's house. (I'm not even sure which one that is!) He's also enjoyed staying at the Paytons'--they're the family living next door to the Goths in Jack's game. In one of my other games, the Snow family lives there.

I always enjoy following the adventures of David through your posts here. How much Simoleans has he earned so far?

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    Thanks, @Terrylin! Jack will have to stop by the Pancake's house. (I'm not even sure which one that is!) He's also enjoyed staying at the Paytons'--they're the family living next door to the Goths in Jack's game. In one of my other games, the Snow family lives there.

I always enjoy following the adventures of David through your posts here. How much Simoleans has he earned so far?

When you get to the Pancake house go to the upstairs balcony and grab the easel! :p They have everything you need in their home also. They live in the mid-grade part of Willow Creek.

David is starting his 8 wk with $146,827.00 and has completed 2 aspirations, 3 skills (painting, writing & cooking). He didn't progress his savings in wk 7 with all the happenings in the SKL house! :p Had to much fun watching it all play out! ;)

• StormyDayzStormyDayz Posts: 4,035 Member
    Umm so this thread hasn't been updated since November so I'm not sure if I'll get an answer but I was wondering if it would be ok to take out the EA made sims and put in gallery sims into the houses? I'm already playing a rotational game with the EA sims and it would be weird.
    Umm so this thread hasn't been updated since November so I'm not sure if I'll get an answer but I was wondering if it would be ok to take out the EA made sims and put in gallery sims into the houses? I'm already playing a rotational game with the EA sims and it would be weird.

Hello!

I am sorry I have not been back t this thread in so very long. :o I even forgot it was here! :( Patches have not only messed up my game but I also lost my game I was doing this challenge with. :( I haven't played since after the Dec patch.

As for the rules you can use any sim you would like, be it one you make or one from the gallery, either is fine.
    The rules are only guidelines and how I was doing it along with a couple of others here as well. You can naturally change it to suit yourself. ;) I almost had mine completed when it crashed. Doing it by the rules we have worked out is actually a challenge but not really hard. I have no clue as to how it will work with GTW.

If you decide to try this challenge have fun! I really was having a blast!!
    Happy Mooching!! :)
  • StormyDayzStormyDayz Posts: 4,035 Member
    Yep I'm gonna try it. I'm doing the Clone challenge and I'm going to have one of my clones be a mooch. Sorry to hear about your patching issues that really sucks. I was wondering what happened.
    Yep I'm gonna try it. I'm doing the Clone challenge and I'm going to have one of my clones be a mooch. Sorry to hear about your patching issues that really sucks. I was wondering what happened.

I was having fun but well,,,,,Whatever. This version of TS isn't my cup of tea anyway so playing Cities:Skylines and ANNO 1404 for now. :)

They just keep changing everything and forcing patches so I am done. I do hope you have fun. I really enjoyed going to everyone's houses in both hoods. I will say that after doing that for a couple of hours you do need to go out of the game and back in for better performance. While the game kinda resets when you travel it doesn't release all the memory so you will get fewer people out and about after a couple hours of rotational play. My museums would be packed while he painted there then slowly get to where there was only a cuple of people around. That is when you go out. Otherwise it is a blast watching the households while you stay with them. :) Let me know how you are doing!! I may not play anymore but I like others to enjoy it!! :)
    Aw, @Terrylin I'm sorry you've had bad luck after the Dec. patch! That's too bad. My Mooch game is still hanging in there... but it's going SO slowly... I'm also playing a "The Room" game, and it's taking forever, too--Week 8, and my Sim only has around 48,000! Hope you're having fun with your other games!

Aw, @Terrylin I'm sorry you've had bad luck after the Dec. patch! That's too bad. My Mooch game is still hanging in there... but it's going SO slowly... I'm also playing a "The Room" game, and it's taking forever, too--Week 8, and my Sim only has around 48,000! Hope you're having fun with your other games!

Thanks! I am just glad I figured out now that I can't rollback patches instead of after I had spent a more on TS4. I have everything from the last 3 versions of TS and I still play TS2 so with the other games I am good and have more money to boot! ;)
    I don't like Origin either so it is for the best in the long run.

I did the room challenge also. I really enjoyed doing that one also! I don't remember how long it took me to finish it. :)
    Terrylin wrote: »
    I did the room challenge also. I really enjoyed doing that one also! I don't remember how long it took me to finish it. :)

I seem to recall it took you like 11 or 12 weeks to finish? It looks like both of these will be taking me around 20 weeks! Sheesh!

Terrylin wrote: »

I seem to recall it took you like 11 or 12 weeks to finish? It looks like both of these will be taking me around 20 weeks! Sheesh!

I had dips in time with this challenge when I felt sorry for him and his girlfriend. But after taking some hits on book royalties and daily income with painting, I found it was easier to invite her over to the house he was staying at and,,,,well get his comfort then! LOL Not mess up the schedule I had for making money! ;) I did give him one day off a week and that was it! :p
  • feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    Philip
    "They don't like my jokes here.
    11-08-14_12-44nbspAM_zps08a83efe.png

Look what someone has left, I wonder how they do that??
    11-08-14_12-20nbspAM_zps9f30c7c8.png

"Oh no we have a crazy woman here."
    11-08-14_1-08nbspAM_zps6b730a8e.png

• feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    Narrator
    Phillip feels he should be with Callie, and an extra crib turns up.

11-09-14_2-19nbspPM_zps87ce2a6e.png

I had to leave my sim and go play her, the labour was going on far to long
    11-09-14_2-20nbspPM_zps146b7458.png

My first triplets
    20141109_142601_zps69b309de.jpg
    11-09-14_2-30nbspPM_zps979c0968.png
  • sunnyshaysunnyshay Posts: 2,927 Member
    I'm assuming the rules are pretty much the same as the room challenge with the exception being that you can't stay on your lot.
    Origin ID: Shar1W
    sunnyshay wrote: »
    I'm assuming the rules are pretty much the same as the room challenge with the exception being that you can't stay on your lot.

Yeah--it's almost like the inverse! I'm expecting that this challenge has gotten a lot harder since the "Inappropriate Behavior" patch! It's going to make it a lot more difficult to eat and sleep over at others' homes.

I really like this challenge, though--and I don't mind if it gets a little harder.

By the way, @sunnyshay , you also can't sleep on community lots! :o Only at other people's homes.

• sunnyshaysunnyshay Posts: 2,927 Member
    I never got accused of being inappropriate when it came to raiding a fridge but it happened with the beds. The sleeping is easier than eating for free.

Did you play with the aging on or off?
    Origin ID: Shar1W

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top