Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Important Info on Running a Store

Comments

• Options
    JonalinJonalin Posts: 1,708 Member
    I put vegetables into the fridge and some products on that shelves. How can I mark them for sale ?
    di-2J6NG5LE.png

Just don't say that I can't mark them as for sale and that this shelves and fridges are only decorative.........

Where do you get those products? The ones on your shelves? I know the shelf comes with some... but where are the others please?
  • Options
    JonalinJonalin Posts: 1,708 Member
    @luthienrising Your suggestions worked ~ thank you! The bakery shoppe now has an employee and customers in it :)
  • Options
    KatherineBaileyKatherineBailey Posts: 5 New Member
    Why won't the employees, you know, work? It's so frustrating!
  • Options
    ericaduhericaduh Posts: 670 Member
    Can you help me? My scientist doesnt want to have another breakthrough, he had one (idk when) but now he doesnt want to have one, i have done everthing (gardening, reading, browsing simpedia, experimenting, jogging, shower, brushing teeth, quiting the job and starting again) but nothing, and i really want to get into the scientist career cause im almost done with the doctor and detective careers.

Try building a rocket ship, or upgrading objects. Thats what did it for my Sim.
    my simblr - http://ericalovessims.tumblr.com
    origin id & other social networks: ericaduh
  • Options
    3Ray25233Ray2523 Posts: 10 New Member
    [quote="Damienf519;13498321"]@SimGuruBChick

Thanks for posting this. Its a good clarification for people who are still having some trouble getting retail lots to work. [/quote]

A for retail stores is there anyway I can hire other than NPC sims. If so do I have to befriend then hire? I want to hire household sims that I play.
  • Options
    CoriChanCoriChan Posts: 197 Member
    edited April 2015
    Your household sims will be able to work the store whenever they go to the store lot. The business is treated as a "household" business once you buy it, you just don't pay the members of your family like you do employees.
  • Options
    ant_pouça_atkant_pouça_atk Posts: 32 Member
    edited April 2015
    @AlwaysTheSun

Just put the veggies in the fridge and they will be available for purchase. With the groceries on the shelves, looks like custom content right? with quite a few of the CC items i have, i cannot mark them for sale. i'm not sure why.
  • Options
    benlo77benlo77 Posts: 18 Member
    Hi ^^

I don't know if it already has been posted, but i found this mod, useful to lock doors !

But i can't post the link :neutral: , just search "lock doors modthesims" ;)
  • Options
    itsugitsug Posts: 1,613 Member
    edited April 2015
    The description of that mod however says its for home lots only, but it MIGHT work on retail stores.
    The modder didnt have the EP when the mod got uploaded.
    EDIT: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=552565 you meant this one right?
    Admin and on Support team of MC CmD @ Discord - https://discord.gg/Jcc8uRW
    MC CmD is available at https://deaderpool-mccc.com/
  • Options
    xxLeilaaxxLeilaa Posts: 57 Member
    > @AlwaysTheSun said:
    > I put vegetables into the fridge and some products on that shelves. How can I mark them for sale ?
    >
    >
    > Just don't say that I can't mark them as for sale and that this shelves and fridges are only decorative.........

I made a grocery store as well and the vegetables you put into the fridge will be set for sale automatically. So everything you put in the fridge is for sale. For the stuff on the shelves (I happen to have downloaded the same CC, lol) I noticed that some of the CC can't be set for sale. I don't know why, this might have to do with the mesh of the object. However, most things can be set for sale!
  • Options
    magician1magician1 Posts: 3,098 Member
    > @mizuru007 said:
    > I'm so painfully upset with employees right now.
    > I hired one that has pretty high scores all across the board at a rate of about $24/hr. This guy will sit at a table and chat up customers the ENTIRE TIME. The job I assign him? Ringing up customers.
    >
    > So while he's sitting there making friendly, I'm busy refreshing stock, cleaning, talking to customers, and ringing them all up! I've tried employees other than him, but they all do the same thing! What the heck is going on?!

I want to add to your Post: If they decide to ring up a customer/even my Own Sim, takes over an hour to just "Ring up a Customer". Then the employees keep on doing their OWN thing. I average 5 sales per day as MY SIM CANNOT get to all the customers to ring up!

How are one to restock if that takes an hour ( In Game) to do per item??? If you do it once you have closed your store you don't get the correct figures for the day!

Sorry BUT I think this EP NEEDS A LOT OF WORK TO WORK PROPERLY!
  • Options
    RUNNING A STORE: WHAT A JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!

The emplyees hardly ever do anything. It takes them half an hour IN GAME to see that there is a Customer to ring up! Another Hour to do it and another hour to RESTOCK! 2 and a half hours on 1 Customer!!! REALLY??? Same with my Own Sim except the half hour to see the Customer!

Employees keep on doing their OWN thing. I average 5 sales per day as MY SIM CANNOT get to all the customers to ring up! If you don't get to them in time they just LEAVE the Store!

How are one to restock if that takes an hour ( In Game) to do per item??? If you do it once you have closed your store you don't get the correct figures for the day!

Sorry BUT I think this EP NEEDS A LOT OF WORK TO WORK PROPERLY!
  • Options
    Marses08Marses08 Posts: 12 New Member
    Does anyone know how to get back to your store once you go home?
  • Options
    itsugitsug Posts: 1,613 Member
    If your store is in Magnolia, just press m and press Magnolia on the map. then head for your store. :)
    Admin and on Support team of MC CmD @ Discord - https://discord.gg/Jcc8uRW
    MC CmD is available at https://deaderpool-mccc.com/
  • Options
    ladyloialladyloial Posts: 537 Member
    this might seem lame to some people but....
    I made a bakery and had my sim baking up all she could, I could not do the fish pie, because I could not find a fishing spot in the promenade place, so I went back home caught some fish, I had them in my home fridge until I was ready to go to my bakery
    When I put them in my sims inventory and travel to the bakery, the fishes were foul by the time I got there
    the fish go foul way to fast, gosh they should at least last a day in my sims inventory to give time to travel
    the same thing happens when going on vacation they are foul by the time my sims get home
    makes it kind of pointless to do anything with the fish it sure spoils it for me

is there a trick I'm missing?
    I used the buydebug to put a pond on my lot but I really don't want a pond there
    just to have fish pie for sale, gosh :(
    please unfoul the fishes :(
    and shorten the times to ring up people and restocking this is so frustrating and annoying!
    aaagXEr5xv_zps9aeuclrp.jpg
  • Options
    Sketch793Sketch793 Posts: 1,218 Member
    Magnolia Promenade has a fishing spot at the end of the dock.
  • Options
    calibluegirlcalibluegirl Posts: 1 New Member
    How do I put clothing on tables in my shop?
  • Options
    ladyloialladyloial Posts: 537 Member
    Thank you Sketch793, I'll look a little harder for it :)
    aaagXEr5xv_zps9aeuclrp.jpg
  • Options
    kitty29041985kitty29041985 Posts: 792 Member
    I am disappointing with employer's issue. THEY NEVER WORK! What am i paying for??
  • Options
    adrian64130adrian64130 Posts: 64 Member
    Why does my SIM keep going to the computer to buy a retail store? I already have one, is this a glitch?
  • Options

I would LOVE to know as well!

• Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member

You can't put clothing on tables. What you can do though is use the decor piles of shirts and put those on the tables. You can also set those for sale.

• Options
    I just did a test:

3 Employees all with MAX Sales Skill, 2 and 3 Work Ethic and 1 to 3. Assigned them all to 'Ring up customers' and I just did the restocking. They did a WHOPPING 5 sales out of 14 people that wanted to buy and my Profit for the Day was -299. (In 12 Hours)

Next day I worked with 1 Employee. He did just the 'Restocking'. I did all the 'Ringing up' and made 12 sales, of the 15 that wanted to buy and a profit of 409, in 12 Hours. I can make more than that in a Normal Job at just about the LOWEST/Starting level with 100 times less hassles and frustration!
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,493 Member
    edited April 2015
    Can we go into edit town and edit an npc store example change the clothing the mannequin has on? If I edit it will it still be an npc store correct? I just want to change some clothing on mannequins or add some things I want to buy from the store.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,493 Member
    Apparently sims you hire are going to have to be tuned with a patch so they actually do things like ring up customers,restock and other stuff.