Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Issues with Mods and CC in The Sims 4 on Mac

Comments

• Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    When you updated, did you move your Mod/CC folder out of your game to update? If not, then a piece of your CC/Mod may no longer work with this particular update and you should check the creator's site to see if they updated. You should always do this with every patch/update as the new patch may change how a particular piece of code works thus rendering the CC unusable. Sorry to sound like a naysayer, but this happened with TS3 as well.

To narrow down which piece of CC may be causing the problem, simply add only a few pieces back into your game at a time and start up your game. When you find the particular hair/clothing/furniture, go back to the site you got the piece from and see if the creator has updated to the latest patch. That is the easiest way to handle the problem.

I'm going to quote myself, but please see my explanation above.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • lilmiszceelilmiszcee Posts: 47 Member
    Still no fix for the shiny sims D:
  • merinda27merinda27 Posts: 7 New Member
    Hi guys, first post, just wanna know if anyone else has this happening -

I've installed a few bits of CC and the majority of it shows up perfect in CAS, some don't have pictures however and one particular pair of jeans turned my sims face black which was really weird, anyway, I created a sim and in CAS she looks fine, no weirdness or anything and then when I go to play her she's almost.. shiny. There's these shiny white grid things all over her. It appears on her avatar as well. I have no idea what's going on. I've repaired the game. It's fully updated. I've messed around with the graphics, changed the Resource file several times and nothing.

Any ideas are super appreciated. When I'm able to post links I'll post a picture as well.
    I have this problem and I know a few others who do as well. There's no fix yet as far as I know @merinda27
  • TeddybearhoneybeeTeddybearhoneybee Posts: 13 New Member
    I have found one cause for a sim to look like plastic/glow. S4 models lipstick with teeth is the only CC that I have found that causes it for a few seconds.
    @teddybearhoneybee Oh it is so much more then that for me. Unfortunately most content I download.
  • TheMynxTheMynx Posts: 7 New Member
    Sorry if this has already been asked/answered but I kind of need to be told in really plain terminlogy because I don't always get all the lingo haha.

Anyways, my problem is the downloading of CC. I put it all in the mod file but some of it works...while most of it doesn't. I don't know how to change the files to make then work.

Sometimes it the CC appears as a black pic with the word "exec" in the corner in green....then the file seems to work!
    Sometimes its just a plain white sheet....then it usually does not work.

The files mostly finish with .package but there seems to be no correlation between the CC working or not and this file ending....at least that I am aware of...I could be wrong....

Any help is much appreciated!!!
    Many CC makers will package their files in a compressed form. Think of shipping a comforter or quilt to someone in a box. They may use a much smaller box, but since the quilt can be folded to fit in the small box it's ok. So now when you receive (download) your quilt (CC), you need something to cut open the box as it has been taped shut. You need a box cutter or in the case of the CC, an application or program that will allow the CC to come out of its box. Stuffit Expander is a free program to my knowledge that allow you to "unzip" or unpack these files to allow them to run properly on your computer. All of your CC should end in the ".package" format.
  • nikkifromthemittennikkifromthemitten Posts: 21 Member
    Glad I came across this because I just posted about my sim being shiny too. After playing around, I realized it was my lipstick files, specifically these ones made

MYOBI-berrysorbet-lips.package
    MYOBI-colasorbet-lips.package
    MYOBI-jellypop-lip.package
    MYOBI-juice-lipcolour.package
    MYOBI-luna-lipcolour.package
    MYOBI-passion-lip.package
  • Sweetcandie1223Sweetcandie1223 Posts: 2 New Member
    Hey guys, just wanting to know if anyone else has had this problem. I downloaded the HSF Urban Concept clothing pack from tumblr yesterday and added it to my mods folder etc. When I entered CAS, I couldn't rotate my sim by right clicking. I deleted the files and it went back to normal. Just wanted to share.
  • ElizaSimsElizaSims Posts: 2 New Member
    i have about 150 cc filed in my mods folder and my game freezes on the logo screen just before it gets to the screen where you can actually start playing, i have tried the solution in issue 3 but it didn't seem to work and the only time i have managed to play the game is when i take my cc out of the mods folder and only leave like 4 files in there. please help!!
  • BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    ElizaSims wrote: »
    i have about 150 cc filed in my mods folder and my game freezes on the logo screen just before it gets to the screen where you can actually start playing, i have tried the solution in issue 3 but it didn't seem to work and the only time i have managed to play the game is when i take my cc out of the mods folder and only leave like 4 files in there. please help!!

Is all your CC compatible with your patch level? When you patch do you move it out of the folder?
    apple-signature.png
  • ElizaSimsElizaSims Posts: 2 New Member
    > @BluebellFlora said:
    > ElizaSims wrote: »
    >
    > i have about 150 cc filed in my mods folder and my game freezes on the logo screen just before it gets to the screen where you can actually start playing, i have tried the solution in issue 3 but it didn't seem to work and the only time i have managed to play the game is when i take my cc out of the mods folder and only leave like 4 files in there. please help!!
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Is all your CC compatible with your patch level? When you patch do you move it out of the folder?

yeah its all compatible because it all works when i have it in there separately but when i try to start the game with all my files in the folder it freezes
  • BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    @ElizaSims - Oh ok. Sorry :(
    apple-signature.png
  • SuperPandaramaSuperPandarama Posts: 3 New Member
    At the moment I can't have any .package files in the Mods folder at all or the game crashes without even opening and gives me the option to reopen. The game loads with zipped script mod files in the Mods folder but the mods don't work. I have tried reseting the resources folder and repairing the game but this does't do anything. This happens with all .package files, including those made after the most recent patch. Is anyone else having this problem or does anyone have any ideas for a possible solution?
  • toootickitoooticki Posts: 10 New Member
    @SimGuruModSquad When I installed the Get to work expansion the issue I had before came back. I can only have 50-100 pieces of cc in my game, if I have more the game won't start. I've been using the workaround you posted in this thread and it worked great until I installed Get to work. Why wont it work now?
  • WitchspellWitchspell Posts: 3 New Member
    @SimGuruModSquad Just recently I added a few new pieces of cc to my game, all were created within the week so they're all fairly new. I booted my game and my sims were shiny (before I added the cc I had NEVER had this problem before). I deleted the added cc and still they are shiny. I would put one pair of shoes on, my sim would be shiny, but if I changed the color they would not. Then if I changed the color again they'd become shiny again. I hate having a broken game especially with Macintosh's sh*tty graphics and numerous issues with running games. Is there a solution to this?
    Have you patched your game to the April patch? If not, it should correct the problem.
  • SimGuruModSquadSimGuruModSquad Posts: 597 Member
    Note that "ISSUE 3" from the very start of this thread, which placed a limit on the amount of Mods and CC that could be used on OSX is now fixed as of 5/4/2015 in patch 1.6.69.1220. With this patch the OS file limit no longer limits the amount of Mods and CC that can be installed. The original post has been updated.
  • T-RexT-Rex Posts: 10 New Member
    Hi!
    So now there is not cc/mods limits? Can i have more than 1000 files?
    Thanks lord!!!
    ♪☆\(^0^\) ♪(/^-^)/☆
    I'm really addict to cc
  • HotMessKirkpatrickHotMessKirkpatrick Posts: 2 New Member
    Hi I have mods/cc installed on my sims 4. Ive updated to the May 4th patch. I have this problem where when I enter CAS and make a sim the picture of the sim will have a spinning loading image on it and it never goes away. When Im done with my family and go to exit create a sim it freezes on the spinning plumbobs and it never goes away and the game freezes. Ive tried reseting my game and it didn't work. Can someone please help me out here?
    Have you tried to repair your game? You log in to Origin, move your cursor over the game and right click on it and then you should see the option to repair your game.
  • HotMessKirkpatrickHotMessKirkpatrick Posts: 2 New Member
    > @Tremayne4260 said:
    > Have you tried to repair your game? You log in to Origin, move your cursor over the game and right click on it and then you should see the option to repair your game.

I just tried that and Im still having the same problem
    Do you have any Mods or CC installed?
  • maddieimlymaddieimly Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi! I just recently got sims 4 for a mac, and i got some mods today and about 3 minutes later the game wont let me click on anything. Its not frozen because the music is still playing and i can scroll but it wont let me click, i have no way to leave the game can cannot power down my computer with the game still playing, has anyone had this issue?