Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is there a limit to how many?

I was wondering if there is a limit as to how many objects, clothes, building stuff I can download and have in my sims 4 game?

Comments

• Options
    meganalyssa94meganalyssa94 Posts: 199 Member
    I don't think there is a limit but more than likely an enormous amount of these types of things will cause your game to go very slowwwwwww

But I could be wrong!
  • Options
    nascarbabe75nascarbabe75 Posts: 53 Member
    Well not really my PC is made specifically for gaming it was custom made I was wondering because the previous versions had limits.
  • Options
    TrycTryc Posts: 123 Member
    There was a limit for CC in Sims 3?
  • Options
    sarahzsmylsarahzsmyl Posts: 1,307 Member
    edited November 2014
    Well not really my PC is made specifically for gaming it was custom made I was wondering because the previous versions had limits.

In this case, it's less about PC specs and more about the game engine. The more CC you have, the slower it will run. Having an uber leet gaming box just means while you're waiting to load that 5GB of CC, you can play CODAW.
    Origin, Steam, PSN, XBL - FyreFlyeRush

• Options
    kleverkattkleverkatt Posts: 1 New Member
    Well actually I had my game crash, after downloading a butt-load of cc. It stopped working, so I had to wipe it clean, :'( , worst day ever. Anywho, I advise that you don't overdo it. Truly only download what you really want, because half of the stuff that you think is okay, looks like crap in the game. I myself am not completely sure if that was the source of the problem, but it's the only thing that could have done it. So yeah, download slowly, for the game to process your downloads.
  • Options
    xxLeilaaxxLeilaa Posts: 57 Member
    If you're playing on a Mac there's a limit of around 1000 CC files. If you're playing on another OS I think it's unlimited.
  • Options
    writtenShipperwrittenShipper Posts: 91 Member
    Gotta agree with kleverkatt here. Just download the things that you currently really really want and see how your game reacts to stuff like that. The computer I played TS3 on was top-notch and performed perfectly with TS3 and other things playing, but when I got a truckload of CC installed it really lagged my game out - but not the rest of my computer. May be because it was a Macintosh and they react differently, but there was only a change in my game's flow and nothing else.
  • Options
    tkwolftkwolf Posts: 362 Member
    Don't think there is a limit but I don't keep too many in fear that it might slow down or crash
    INTRODUCING.....TA DA DA DAAAAAA
    SIMS 4! STAR WARS!
    BU7XCq7.jpg
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    As much as your PC can take, the more you have the slower your game will run depending on your PC's general specs
  • Options
    DyrewitchDyrewitch Posts: 465 Member
    Also take in mind it's better to only download a handful at a time that way if one of them mucks up your game you know It was one in a small batch of items rather than having to test the whole file. I have experienced this first hand lol
  • Options
    MyDarkSimsMyDarkSims Posts: 534 Member
    I heard 128gb is enough I hope to build my own computer ment for gaming one day :)).
    tumblr_newjmcFwHD1r2nmjyo1_500.gif

• Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,590 Member
    Tryc wrote: »
    There was a limit for TS2 and TS3? First I've heard about it!
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    Tryc wrote: »
    There was a limit for TS2 and TS3? First I've heard about it!
    There wasn't <.< Only if you didn't have a good PC too much would slow your game down.