Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

GTW and Mac ... How is it

Anyone experiencing problems or does it runs smoothly ? Does it slow down load time ?

Comments

• Options
    cheesetruckcheesetruck Posts: 2,519 Member
    I'm playing it on a Mid-2012 MacBook Pro and it's running pretty well so far on high settings! The loading times have increased, but I honestly don't care since the expansion is so much fun. :P No freezes or crashes yet.
  • Options
    olyanaesmeolyanaesme Posts: 338 Member
    ITS GREAT. BUY IT..!
    we way too young to get old <3
  • Options
    jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    I'm playing it on a Mid-2012 MacBook Pro and it's running pretty well so far on high settings! The loading times have increased, but I honestly don't care since the expansion is so much fun. :P No freezes or crashes yet.

In high settings! Wouldnt it make your laptop very hot and noisy ?
  • Options
    Lunder89Lunder89 Posts: 155 Member
    Any Mac playing games get hot and noisy. That is the downside of a portable Mac.
    The Retina MacBook Pro's are a little less noisy thanks to the asymmetric fans, but they do still get very hot.
  • Options
    RudeBoyRudeBoy Posts: 67 Member
    on a imac no issues maxed out ultra settings all ep/sp.
  • Options
    xxLeilaaxxLeilaa Posts: 57 Member
    I play my game on medium-high settings and it is still working great. Yes, the loading screens might be around 20 to 30 second but if I would've wanted a gaming laptop I shouldn't have bought a Mac. So I am not complaining at all and loving my game!
  • Options
    solarstormsolarstorm Posts: 350 Member
    Lunder89 wrote: »
    Any Mac playing games get hot and noisy. That is the downside of a portable Mac.
    The Retina MacBook Pro's are a little less noisy thanks to the asymmetric fans, but they do still get very hot.

untrue. my MBA runs it on high settings and not have it get loud once. it did get warm but never hot.

• Options
    solarstorm wrote: »

untrue. my MBA runs it on high settings and not have it get loud once. it did get warm but never hot.

How did you manage to do that? I have the latest mbp with dedicated graphic card . I run in low settings yet it makes quite some noise

• Options
    BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,115 Member
    jimbbq wrote: »
    solarstorm wrote: »

How did you manage to do that? I have the latest mbp with dedicated graphic card . I run in low settings yet it makes quite some noise

Please can you post the spec. of your Mac? Specifically the graphics card? I'm thinking there is an NVIDIA bug in the latest patch maybe...

apple-signature.png
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    It is nvidia 2g . I could have played on high settings but the laptop would generate a lot of noise and heat!

Btw I have 16G Ram
  • Options
    It is nvidia 2g . I could have played on high settings but the laptop would generate a lot of noise and heat!

It can handle it though, don't worry. So long as you allow air to circulate underneath, your Mac will be fine. I have the 1Gb 650M, all settings on high and it gets hot and the fans kick in frequently too. There does seem to be an issue with the game and NVIDIA cards though. Whilst they work great the fan usage is getting ridiculous, and it's not even when the CPU/GPU temps. are ridiculously high either.

apple-signature.png
  • Options
    This is the graphic card NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M with 2GB GDDR5 memory

I am still using marverick
  • Options
    This is the graphic card NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M with 2GB GDDR5 memory

I am still using marverick

I know, I understand :)

I'm running Yosemite so the bug is in the game, not a driver issue on our Macs.
    apple-signature.png
  • Options
    I am curious how @solarstorm can play the game on high setting without the loud fan noise ...
  • Options
    I am curious how @solarstorm can play the game on high setting without the loud fan noise ...

The 15" MBPs have two fans, the MBAs and 13" MBPs have one so our 15" MBPs will be louder. The high end 15" also have dedicated graphics rather than the integrated in 13" MBPs and MBAs so they are running with a lot more power, hence the need to cool down more. BUT, my fans are kicking in when the temperatures are still relatively low which is why I think there's a NVIDIA bug in the game.
    apple-signature.png