Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

There were hints for OR and GTW let's find some for the next EP/GP

Comments

• Options
    xxLeilaaxxLeilaa Posts: 57 Member
    edited April 2015
    I think that the fact that we miss eggs for baking, and cheese for cooking could be some hint for a farm EP. I know many Simmers would die for an EP that involves farms and these two ingredients were present in TS3. I had also expected at least the eggs back with GTW now that baking is a thing.
    How cool would it be if we could have our own chickens that would produce eggs and cows for cheese and milk?
  • Options
    domestictipudomestictipu Posts: 233 Member
    Omg yes! I'd love that!
    wedding%2Bhobo.png
  • Options
    PyliathesunelfPyliathesunelf Posts: 949 Member
    In the science career you can make a satellite and when you do any of the interactions like mind control the town, it rains inside the science lab. Hopefully that's a hint at a Seasons like EP at some point! ^_^
  • Options
    snowdustmelodysnowdustmelody Posts: 385 Member
    I think the stone hedge reminds me of weather. There's always a weather stone!

I really want them to release a seasons ep soon! :D

Anyways, I'm going to have to say a city life thing. Like Late night.
    tumblr_mfgza8NCk51qfwt9io1_500.gif

• Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    kovu0207 wrote: »
    ceejay402 wrote: »
    we also got hit up side the head with alien hints :)

I'm wondering if the stone at the science lot is a hint?
    oh i dont know ive only been once can you post pic!

Here :)
    CBoAhikVEAAOhgW.jpg

Hmm the thing at the bottom looks like a llama, maybe a vague hint at pets (although I appreciate that I may be stretching it a bit) :)

The Sims 4: Pets
    Dogs and cats are back but this time attached to kennels while horses have been cut for 'performance issues' while llamas apear in the game for the first time ever, find one on the new secret lot which is the only new lot you will get in the EP...
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    lovebypondsidelovebypondside Posts: 1,364 Member
    xxLeilaa wrote: »
    I think that the fact that we miss eggs for baking, and cheese for cooking could be some hint for a farm EP. I know many Simmers would die for an EP that involves farms and these two ingredients were present in TS3. I had also expected at least the eggs back with GTW now that baking is a thing.
    How cool would it be if we could have our own chickens that would produce eggs and cows for cheese and milk?

I love the gardening skill, and I'd love to see a setting that would be a farmhouse with nothing but wheatfields in the distance. That would be a good reason to have a world with only a few lots on it. I don't know that that would appeal to a majority, but I'd love it.

Origin ID: byscreenside
    Twitter: @byscreenside
    Youtube: YT

• Options
    lovebypondsidelovebypondside Posts: 1,364 Member
    edited April 2015
    Well, one of the teen careers is babysitter -- and to my knowledge we still can't hire babysitters (right?) and I would see babysitters being a necessity for any kind of EP/GP that includes the toddler life stage. So... that could be construed as a hint for toddlers, maybe?

Edit:
    PT4.JPG
    Nothing in the image necessarily hints at it, though. :|
    Origin ID: byscreenside
    Twitter: @byscreenside
    Youtube: YT

• Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Well, one of the teen careers is babysitter -- and to my knowledge we still can't hire babysitters (right?) and I would see babysitters being a necessity for any kind of EP/GP that includes the toddler life stage. So... that could be construed as a hint for toddlers, maybe?

Who needs baby sitters when babies are so magic they can teleport off lots? TS4 is more advanced like that I think
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,067 Member
    No know if for GTW or OR but at base game, Sylvan Glade has fairies, a clue for a Supernatural EP
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member

Who needs baby sitters when babies are so magic they can teleport off lots? TS4 is more advanced like that I think

CBoAhikVEAAOhgW.jpg

Hmm the thing at the bottom looks like a llama, maybe a vague hint at pets (although I appreciate that I may be stretching it a bit) :)

The Sims 4: Pets
    Dogs and cats are back but this time attached to kennels while horses have been cut for 'performance issues' while llamas apear in the game for the first time ever, find one on the new secret lot which is the only new lot you will get in the EP...

This is getting to a level of trolling now, please stop.
  • Options
    I think if you look hard enough, you could find clues to anything in The Sims.

The Glade reminds people of Supernatural, the fact some days are cloudy and some are Sunny could hint to Seasons, City Buildings could hint to a City EP, the Lighthouse could hint to a Tropical EP etc.

What we need is someone to look through the coding. We knew Get To Work was coming in December, 6 months before we got Get To Work (we at least knew Active Careers were coming).
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I was just going to start a hint thread, but saw this one. I wanted to know if any of you saw the descriptions of things in the GTW, like the new counter has a part that is called 'front desk', and there is another stand alone desk used in the retail stores called a front desk, and I never noticed before but the towels placed in the Maxis retail store in GTW< are called hotel towels. Is this part of the descriptions in OR? (I don't have it) or is this hinting at an upcoming EP about actual hotels?
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    @Cinebar wrote: »
    I was just going to start a hint thread, but saw this one. I wanted to know if any of you saw the descriptions of things in the GTW, like the new counter has a part that is called 'front desk', and there is another stand alone desk used in the retail stores called a front desk, and I never noticed before but the towels placed in the Maxis retail store in GTW< are called hotel towels. Is this part of the descriptions in OR? (I don't have it) or is this hinting at an upcoming EP about actual hotels?

This is interesting.
    If I remember, often descriptions of objects can be inspired by future content. I remember reading something in Free Time about having a certain object in an Apartment. Can't remember now.

Also, I swear a description of a painting(?) hinted towards Seasons in The Sims 2 as well.

So I think you may be on to something!
  • Options
    TheHeku4TheHeku4 Posts: 155 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »

The Glade reminds people of Supernatural, the fact some days are cloudy and some are Sunny could hint to Seasons, City Buildings could hint to a City EP, the Lighthouse could hint to a Tropical EP etc.

What we need is someone to look through the coding. We knew Get To Work was coming in December, 6 months before we got Get To Work (we at least knew Active Careers were coming).

Wait,wait,wait..are some days really cloudier than others? o.o I've never noticed, thats really cool.Is that in every world or just one?
    4XoHjXr.gif
    "You can't agree to disagree, because they're frigging wrong!" 
  • Options
    Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    The best chance is all of these things are just coincidences lol but I REALLY want Pets to come soon, from what we know, Pets is an early expansion pack... It arrives as the 3rd - 5th expansion pack from what I know of it's history from past games...
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Yeah, my Sims could use a real vacation. They are racking up numerous vacation days but I didn't get OR so I would like a full pack about vacations and hopefully a good time to introduce group activities. They promised group activities, I am ready to see them. ;)
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    It's funny... the collections also tie in with Outdoor Retreat and Get To Work...
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited April 2015
    So clearly we weren't good at finding hints for OR or GTW when they were there but has anyone found any hints for the next GP/EP here were the hints at OR and GTW:
    tumblr_nmcchvpRbW1tdkc1to1_1280.png

tumblr_nmcchvpRbW1tdkc1to2_1280.png

I belive they already hinted the next EP, and it had DJ Booths and a fortune teller NPC ;)
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    The_SimScraperThe_SimScraper Posts: 2,083 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    So clearly we weren't good at finding hints for OR or GTW when they were there but has anyone found any hints for the next GP/EP here were the hints at OR and GTW:

I belive they already hinted the next EP, and it had DJ Booths and a fortune teller NPC ;)

I'm really hoping it will be Late night, I would ask for seasons or pets but everyone knows thats long off
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member

Did they! Can you post it :)
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    @TheHeku4 wrote: »
    jackjack_k wrote: »

Wait,wait,wait..are some days really cloudier than others? o.o I've never noticed, thats really cool.Is that in every world or just one?

08-12-14_10-02nbspAM.png
    09-06-14_12-42c2a0am-2.png

Willow Creek for sure. It was announced before the game came out that some days would be cloudier than others.
  • Options
    swcheppesswcheppes Posts: 3,027 Member
    edited April 2015
    The pictures on the stone looks to me like the front of an amusement park or maybe a zoo sine there's a llama. Wishful thinking!
    suRdkSd.jpg
  • Options
    joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member
    I thought it was just me or my computer, I said the other day to one of my kids that it didn't look as sunny as it usually does in the middle of the day. It didn't occur to me to look up at the clouds though. I will do that next time I notice it.
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • Options
    Dearra95Dearra95 Posts: 556 Member
    Dearra95 wrote: »

CBoAhikVEAAOhgW.jpg

Hi Kovu0207, did you end up buying Sims 4?

Not at the moment, unfortunately some pretty big expenses came up which have made finding some extra money very difficult at the minute. :( Maybe one day in the future I can find some pennies to spare, but at the minute i'm struggling.

I am still holding out for toddlers, but money is also an issue for me too.
  • Options
    edited April 2015

I'm really hoping it will be Late night, I would ask for seasons or pets but everyone knows thats long off

Pets has always been either the 3rd or 5th expansion pack, so either way it'll be one of the earlier ones :p unless they break that tradition :x