Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cash register apsurd

Why are they only decorative items whos crazy 🐸🐸🐸🐸 idea was that?
Ringing up via a tablet is this a joke?
Besides if there were usable cash register ppl would simply stand in line and wouldnt chat with employes
And that my friends would result in a much easier and a working gameplay cuz what we got now are braindead employes who refuse to ring up customers no matter the work ethic level

Comments

• xoJessixoJessi Posts: 1,859 Member
    Yeah it's kind of annoying that the cash register can do everything BUT ring people up lol. It would have been a neat alternative if you didn't want to use the register but it's kind of pointless otherwise.
  • kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    Call me a Luddite if you want, but processing sales on a tablet is bad and Maxis should feel bad.

It's supposedly some hot new trend, but I have NEVER seen it IRL. Ever.
    wJbomAo.png
  • EllieeJadeEllieeJade Posts: 18 New Member
    I hate that the cash registers are practically useless. I'm really finding it hard to get into the retail stuff in GTW which sucks! :/
  • aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    It was too much work for Maxis to do. They're too lazy to develop the content and fixes. Typical. Have VERY low expectation for The Sims 4 content folks.

#TheMoreYouKnow
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • dnmartyndnmartyn Posts: 282 Member
    kwanzaabot wrote: »
    Call me a Luddite if you want, but processing sales on a tablet is bad and Maxis should feel bad.

I see it all the time, particularly at farmers markets and craft fairs, etc. It is an easy and low cost way for someone to enter into a vendor agreement with a credit card processor. Most of them proess sales via an app called Square which allows them to accept debit and credit cards in venues that just a few years ago were strictly cash only.

That probably won't make anyone who wants functional cash registers feel better, but they do exist and are getting more common.

As far as the game goes, it's an aesthetic preference. I have no problem with people having different preferences, but when you say things like "processing sales on a tablet is bad and Maxis should feel bad", you are marginalizing my opinion and preference.
  • sillehbeesillehbee Posts: 704 Member
    It's seriously not that big of a deal.
  • aclavoaclavo Posts: 1,517 Member
    Also, the cash register dors serve its purposes, just not what you want.
  • s_stutlers_stutler Posts: 380 Member
    I don't mind so much that the register doesn't ring people up. I just HATE that the customers do not line up. They wait for you to come to them! And your dumb employee who you hire and tell to "ring up customers" stand around talking for 1-2 hours before doing anything. And you end up doing it all yourself. I was so excited about the business side of this expansion-and then I played it. Ready to sell my store now! My mannequins do not stand on pedestals. They cannot stand next to each other. My shelves with clothes piles on them are a joke. I'm getting more and more disappointed with this expansion as time goes on...
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    dnmartyn wrote: »

I see it all the time, particularly at farmers markets and craft fairs, etc. It is an easy and low cost way for someone to enter into a vendor agreement with a credit card processor. Most of them proess sales via an app called Square which allows them to accept debit and credit cards in venues that just a few years ago were strictly cash only.

That probably won't make anyone who wants functional cash registers feel better, but they do exist and are getting more common.

As far as the game goes, it's an aesthetic preference. I have no problem with people having different preferences, but when you say things like "processing sales on a tablet is bad and Maxis should feel bad", you are marginalizing my opinion and preference.

They are pretty common in small businesses as well. Athestetics aside, I think they should have had the option for both. Just to add some diversity to retail shops. Cash register would be standard, mobile point of sale could have been a retail perk.

All in all, I think the default time it takes to complete a transaction is too long. IRL tablets and phones are used as a quick way to pay, it doesn't take absolutely forever like the tablets in this game. Are they using a 2G network?
    dnmartyn wrote: »
    when you say things like "processing sales on a tablet is bad and Maxis should feel bad", you are marginalizing my opinion and preference.

Well, in my defense, that was what I was going for.
    wJbomAo.png
  • Easy BreazyEasy Breazy Posts: 88 Member
    I'm happy the lines are gone. They would get so long in ":Open For Business" & block the other customers from moving around the store freely. There's a new retail perk you can buy that makes ringing customers up SO MUCH FASTER!
  • taffy550taffy550 Posts: 666 Member

Actually, tablets are used all the time in higher end boutiques. I have never stood in line at a luxury venue. The sales personnel takes my card, swipes it on a tablet and I sign after the transaction is complete, whether it be for clothing, food, or service. I like the idea of not having my sim stand line at a cash register to pay for a piece of art or an expensive new wardrobe. I don't think EA meant for our shops to be like shopping at Walmart or Target. :)
    taffy550 wrote: »
    Actually, tablets are used all the time in higher end boutiques. I have never stood in line at a luxury venue. The sales personnel takes my card, swipes it on a tablet and I sign after the transaction is complete, whether it be for clothing, food, or service. I like the idea of not having my sim stand line at a cash register to pay for a piece of art or an expensive new wardrobe. I don't think EA meant for our shops to be like shopping at Walmart or Target. :)

Yeah, too bad if you want to pay in cash, though.
    wJbomAo.png
  • webdznrwebdznr Posts: 572 Member
    taffy550 wrote: »

This might be true. But being they developed this game around people with old computers in mind.. doubtful many of us have the money to spend much time in those high end boutiques and would know this. lol
    The Sims 4 :: Think 'inside' the box.