Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

- The Sims 4 help, troubleshooting & BUG Thread -

Comments

• BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    mschumann wrote: »
    Thanks. Yeah, I was thinking about the quad core, although I didn't want the larger 15in screen. I like the smaller MacBook pros. Plus, price was much higher. So, I opted for some upgrades to the processor and ram which hopefully make a difference in performance.

Yes, the 15" are more expensive but they are more future proof because they are so much more powerful. I would absolutely stay clear of the entry level 15" MBP though. Whilst it has a quad core i7 it has integrated Intel graphics. Why spend money on the processor if the graphics aren't on the same level? Apple released it because some people prefer the bigger screen but don't want the power. But of course, all Macs are great ;)

apple-signature.png
  • jannelahajannelaha Posts: 6 New Member
    Hey Everyone!
    I've just downloaded GTW and the game crashes when on the loading screen whenever I try to go to work at the science lab with my sim. The police station works fine except for some weird waiting periods between the sim's actions. I don't have any cc or mods anymore, I tried repair game and also generating a new The sims 4 folder and it still doesn't work.

I have a:
    MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012)
    2.9 GHz Intel Core i7
    8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    Intel HD Graphics 4000 1024 MB
    I'm running Yosemite version 10.10.2

Thx :)
    jannelaha wrote: »
    Hey Everyone!
    I've just downloaded GTW and the game crashes when on the loading screen whenever I try to go to work at the science lab with my sim. The police station works fine except for some weird waiting periods between the sim's actions. I don't have any cc or mods anymore, I tried repair game and also generating a new The sims 4 folder and it still doesn't work.

I have a:
    MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012)
    2.9 GHz Intel Core i7
    8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    Intel HD Graphics 4000 1024 MB
    I'm running Yosemite version 10.10.2

Thx :)

Maybe this is a GTW bug? Have you posted in the GTW forum in the hope that others may be familiar with it? DO you have CC/Mods that could be conflicting?

apple-signature.png
    @jannelaha do you have a lot of stuff in your Sim's inventory? This is affecting some Windows users too so must be some sort of bug:

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/824009/i-cant-play-in-the-scientist-career/p1

Can you try a clean game - move your Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 folder onto your desktop and relaunch the game. Does the same thing happen with a completely new game?
    apple-signature.png
  • InannaqInannaq Posts: 3 New Member
    i got a question with gtw out it seam wan i go to change out fits or even make new ones all my tops come up at one time even if i put it on just tops how can i get it back to coming up as the one kind clothing like just skirts or pants.?
    > @BluebellFlora said:
    > jannelaha wrote: »
    >
    > Hey Everyone!
    > I've just downloaded GTW and the game crashes when on the loading screen whenever I try to go to work at the science lab with my sim. The police station works fine except for some weird waiting periods between the sim's actions. I don't have any cc or mods anymore, I tried repair game and also generating a new The sims 4 folder and it still doesn't work.
    >
    > I have a:
    > MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012)
    > 2.9 GHz Intel Core i7
    > 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    > Intel HD Graphics 4000 1024 MB
    > I'm running Yosemite version 10.10.2
    >
    > Thx
    >
    >
    >
    > @BluebellFlora said:
    > Maybe this is a GTW bug? Have you posted in the GTW forum in the hope that others may be familiar with it? DO you have CC/Mods that could be conflicting?

> @BluebellFlora said:
    > jannelaha do you have a lot of stuff in your Sim's inventory? This is affecting some Windows users too so must be some sort of bug:
    >

>
    > Can you try a clean game - move your Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 folder onto your desktop and relaunch the game. Does the same thing happen with a completely new game?

I'll post on the GTW forum as well :) I don't have any CC/mods anymore. I also keep my Sim's inventory empty, except for a camera. I think I'm just gonna try and start a new clean game and not transfer my old save files. I hope it works, I was so excited for the scientist career! ;)

I'll also check out the discussion you posted about. Thx @BluebellFlora
    @jannelaha it seems like it's too higher graphics settings. @ceejay402 has recommended lowering graphics settings or moving out the Options.ini file from your Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sim 4 folder which will set your graphics options back to the default ones.
    apple-signature.png
    @BluebellFlora I tried lowering my graphic settings this morning and it worked, but I don't think I can play with such horrible graphics. Still hoping they fix it :smile:
  • southaltansouthaltan Posts: 152 Member
    I haven't opened it back up yet, but my game crashed. I was clearing the notification wall; and my kid sims were doing homework; I had the alien sim to disguise himself... It froze and I got the spinning wheel, also the vmmap needs to take control crash.

[img][/img]16834238608_9003fa0cdb.jpgScreen Shot 2015-04-03 at 12.52.29 PM by jrkgirlnla, on Flickr
  • DennisAlexis84DennisAlexis84 Posts: 79 Member
    edited April 2015
    My game has been running great until a few days ago, after the patch with the cellars ect. I don't own OTW yet. The loading screens are killing me now. It takes forever, even when I visit the house next door. It makes me keep my sims at home since it's so slow. It wasn't like this before, and I've tried removing The Sims 4 folder from the Electronic Arts folder, to create new files, and use the standard settings. No idea why this is happening now. The game worked great before. :(

Mac model: iMac (21,5", mid 2011
    Processor: 2,8 GHz Intel Core i7
    Memory: 16 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
    Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB
    Operating System: OS X Yosemite 10.10.2

Official EA DLC/EPs installed: None. Only the base game.

Do you have antivirus or clean up apps installed? If so what are they? Sophos Antivirus for Mac.

Are you running any background tasks? If so, what are they? Nope.

Do you have any CC/mods installed? If so, what are they? None.
    My game is slower since the update too, mainly the loading screen after I press play on the selected Lot. It's bearable at the moment but I dread to think how long it will take after a few more EPs are added in.
    apple-signature.png
  • RudeBoyRudeBoy Posts: 67 Member
    i just got the game with all sp/ep high end imac 2013 all maxed out no issues here very fast 10 seconds or less for loading lots/towns,

HEY BLUE LONG TIME BESTIE !!!!!! :*
    Today, I'm experiencing a new bug. The game sort of freezes on certain actions. For example, I couldn't wake my sim up, she just kept sleeping. Then I paused the game, nothing happened, the time kept passing and she kept sleeping. I had to quit the game so that the other sims weren't ruined, since I couldn't do anything...

Anyone experienced this? I hope the team is still visiting this thread to check for bugs, so we can get a patch soon. :)
    Oh, and now there seems to be an invisible sim in my house. :P The kid is talking to her and I hear the voice, but no one is there haha
  • Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    If their icon shows up in the household, try making her/him change clothes. It always helped in Sims 3.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
    Today, I'm experiencing a new bug. The game sort of freezes on certain actions. For example, I couldn't wake my sim up, she just kept sleeping. Then I paused the game, nothing happened, the time kept passing and she kept sleeping. I had to quit the game so that the other sims weren't ruined, since I couldn't do anything...

Anyone experienced this? I hope the team is still visiting this thread to check for bugs, so we can get a patch soon. :)

This affects Windows users too and I think has been around since the game was released :(

apple-signature.png
    southaltan wrote: »
    I haven't opened it back up yet, but my game crashed. I was clearing the notification wall; and my kid sims were doing homework; I had the alien sim to disguise himself... It froze and I got the spinning wheel, also the vmmap needs to take control crash.

[img][/img]16834238608_9003fa0cdb.jpgScreen Shot 2015-04-03 at 12.52.29 PM by jrkgirlnla, on Flickr

This happened to me too for the first time. It's memory related.
    apple-signature.png
    don't worry guys me and blue are looking into your problems we are both working together day and night for any bugs you're having on your mac =)
  • southaltansouthaltan Posts: 152 Member
    The game that crashed a couple days ago are completely gone. All that progress.... triplets, alien baby, level 6 in the Doctor profession; all gone. :disappointed: that was my McDreamy sim too... (:wink:) Tonight my game crashed also. No crashes previous to GTW.
    southaltan wrote: »
    The game that crashed a couple days ago are completely gone. All that progress.... triplets, alien baby, level 6 in the Doctor profession; all gone. :disappointed: that was my McDreamy sim too... (:wink:) Tonight my game crashed also. No crashes previous to GTW.

Oh no :( Make sure you save frequently and often. Maybe start pausing and purging RAM too?

apple-signature.png
    RudeBoy wrote: »
    don't worry guys me and blue are looking into your problems we are both working together day and night for any bugs you're having on your mac =)

Thank you! :) On a side note, I haven't even bought and installed GTW yet, and I'm still experiencing these bugs.

edited April 2015

Thank you! :) On a side note, I haven't even bought and installed GTW yet, and I'm still experiencing these bugs.

I have absolutely nothing to do with RudeBoy. He's lying, and well known for it.

Post edited by BluebellFlora on
    apple-signature.png

i have no issues like this tho i am on a imac the only bug i ran into thus far is my sims wont ring up customers,lucky me,but as stated me and blue are looking into these bugs together for you guys we are working day and night to help the community out
    Updated the OP with the latest freezing and crashing issues since the March patch.
    apple-signature.png
    Updated the OP with the latest freezing and crashing issues since the March patch.

yea that's pretty weird blue,not many of us is having that issue we need to look into this more,glad we are taking the time to help the community out like this :*