Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Drifter Challenge Main Page

Comments

• MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
    edited April 2015
    This is pis.sing me off!!! :s I changed the name of the house, **SAVED** the plum thing TO my library, made sure that I used the hash tag #DrifterChallenge..... and the plummy thing is STILL not showing up!!!!!!!

Sorry, Vih. I have to totally dump this game and start over from scratch. I don't know what else to do.

I don't know if it has anything to do with the blank world that Z made for this, but every time I go to the "map", I have several lots that have a (for lack of better terming) like a hazard triangle above the lot. I may do some damage by doing what I am about to do, but I have to completely dump ALL the files in my saves folder and then delete all the lots and households when I "load up" Oasis Springs the normal way.

grrrrrrrrrr!!! :s
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • VihishaVihisha Posts: 2,767 Member
    edited April 2015
    @MsPrissy Did u use ANY CC in the build?! If so u need 2 make sure that u r searching your library &/or the gallery w/CC stuff included. I did a search & I c Prairie Hills house up there by u...so just make sure u have check marked the appropriate boxes..your house is on the gallery =)

There shouldn't b anything wrong w/the world that Z made...u c those "hazard triangles" over any of the community lots because they r not built correctly (in fact, not @ all) & r missing objects that would make them a place Sims could visit. As we add community lots (coming in later challenges *spoiler*) those "hazard triangles" will disappear.

I'm sry 2 hear that u r having issues & I hope I was able 2 help clear some things up 4 u BEFORE u went & deleted all your hard work
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    edited April 2015
    Vihisha wrote: »
    @MsPrissy Did u use ANY CC in the build?! If so u need 2 make sure that u r searching your library &/or the gallery w/CC stuff included. I did a search & I c Prairie Hills house up there by u...so just make sure u have check marked the appropriate boxes..your house is on the gallery =)

There shouldn't b anything wrong w/the world that Z made...u c those "hazard triangles" over any of the community lots because they r not built correctly (in fact, not @ all) & r missing objects that would make them a place Sims could visit. As we add community lots (coming in later challenges *spoiler*) those "hazard triangles" will disappear.

I'm sry 2 hear that u r having issues & I hope I was able 2 help clear some things up 4 u BEFORE u went & deleted all your hard work

I don't use CC! That's why I don't understand why I don't see my friggin' house in my own gallery!!! God! - this really makes me angry. :s The only things I used were stuff from the Outdoor Retreat.

I saw that my "house" is in the community library, but it doesn't show up in the drifter challenge area. And too late.... I dumped EVERYTHING out of my saves folder. I had thought of cheating and thought about (if i had seen my house) just plopping my house down. Seeing as it was already finished and all. But I don't want to do that.

Oh - and those community lots I saw the hazard triangles with? I just changed those lots to residential. So, don't worry that gave out a "spoiler".

Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
    Hmm well that sux...not sure why it's listing your house as having CC then...but it is....

I c your house listed when I search #DrifterChallenge as well as #TheDrifterChallenge I'm sry it's not working right 4 u

O NOOOOO! I was 2 late >< well...just chalk up the last game as a trial!?

& yes...those yellow triangles mean an unfinished community lot....so it's not a glitch or anything

So sorry @MsPrissy88 I hope this whole mess won't sour u about trying The Drifter Challenge once again...
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    Hmm well that sux...not sure why it's listing your house as having CC then...but it is....

I c your house listed when I search #DrifterChallenge as well as #TheDrifterChallenge I'm sry it's not working right 4 u

O NOOOOO! I was 2 late >< well...just chalk up the last game as a trial!?

& yes...those yellow triangles mean an unfinished community lot....so it's not a glitch or anything

So sorry @MsPrissy88 I hope this whole mess won't sour u about trying The Drifter Challenge once again...

I wonder if EA thinks that having any of the game packs constitutes as having "cc". SO plum!! I'm gonna try searching #DrifterChallenge again and see if I ca see my house this time. And yes --- the last game certainly was a trial! Hey... at least I got up as far as I did. And no... all the problems I am/was having did not deter me from trying again. In fact, (and sorry - cos i had to) I plopped my house down and I am doing the challenge again!! I was not about to let everyone's upload and favorites bury my house where I couldn't find it. I know.... cheeky. I only had to give my sim, Julia, enough money to be able to put my house in. The price of the house (furnished) put her money right back to where it was. So, in that regards, I'm not really cheating! (at least that's what i'm telling myself) ;)

Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
    I dunno...maybe any Game Packs or Expansion Packs used makes it flag CC...honestly I have no clue heh

Sooo glad 2 hear that despite your trials...The Drifter Challenge is still something you're interested in =)

rXyqmuX.jpg
  • OphylleniOphylleni Posts: 60 Member
    MsPrissy - have you found your house on the gallery? Since it's being flagged with custom content, make sure you've checked the box under the advance feature to include custom content. I ran into the same issue a while back. Hope this helps.
    Ophylleni wrote: »
    MsPrissy - have you found your house on the gallery? Since it's being flagged with custom content, make sure you've checked the box under the advance feature to include custom content. I ran into the same issue a while back. Hope this helps.

Yeah hon, I did. It wasn't until I had seen that advance "feature" (clicking this, that, and everything else), that I finally found my house. I was thinking of starting a new tech thread asking EA why they think a house that has NO cc, would be flagged as having it when I only used stuff from Outdoor Retreat?

Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • FennadevFennadev Posts: 180 Member
    Yippee, my house is almost half-way the value it needs now and after TWO failing attemps, Jaylene was finally pregnant and she already gave birth to Jayden my heir.
    I think it's because some players don't have outdoor retreat and therefore the cc thing tells them their might be stuff in the house gone when they download it. I also don't have outdoor retreat, but I am going to get it today or tomorrow I think, to give my heir the outdoor retreat trait.
    Fennadev wrote: »
    Yippee, my house is almost half-way the value it needs now and after TWO failing attempts, Jaylene was finally pregnant and she already gave birth to Jayden my heir.
    I think it's because some players don't have outdoor retreat and therefore the cc thing tells them their might be stuff in the house gone when they download it. I also don't have outdoor retreat, but I am going to get it today or tomorrow I think, to give my heir the outdoor retreat trait.

Hi Fennadev! I'm hoping that's all it is with the cc thing. Cos I don't use cc. Oh, I did download the hair that Vih has on her sim, but I haven't put it in my game.

Congrats on getting YOUR sim pregnant, the birth of her baby, and your house! :#

Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
    Yippee, my house is almost half-way the value it needs now and after TWO failing attemps, Jaylene was finally pregnant and she already gave birth to Jayden my heir.

So fun! Gratz on baby Jayden <3
    If u snag Outdoor Retreat, I think you're gonna' like it...there r some really neat objects & CAS pieces & some cute interactions etc. =)

rXyqmuX.jpg
  • FennadevFennadev Posts: 180 Member
    I am sure I will like it, I am an outdoors person myself actually, loving to take strolls through the forest and stuff like that. I just downloaded it and am gonna go play with Jaylene right now, but not getting into Granite Falls, all the money I make is being pumped into the house xD
    edited April 2015
    Hey Vih --- I was watching the first video for House #2, and you mention Crick Cabana several times, I think. Isn't that lot a part of Willow Creek?? Cos then you mention being able to go to the Grotto. I thought we weren't able to travel between worlds? Did you maybe make a boo.boo and mix things up?? :| confused here

Edit... Oh wait. I had to pull up the rules again. We ARE using Willow Creek this time! duh... never mind. :p:#
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
    I am sure I will like it, I am an outdoors person myself actually, loving to take strolls through the forest and stuff like that. I just downloaded it and am gonna go play with Jaylene right now, but not getting into Granite Falls, all the money I make is being pumped into the house xD

I love the great outdoors, myself! Have fun playing Jaylene =)

rXyqmuX.jpg
    MsPrissy88 wrote: »
    Hey Vih --- I was watching the first video for House #2, and you mention Crick Cabana several times, I think. Isn't that lot a part of Willow Creek?? Cos then you mention being able to go to the Grotto. I thought we weren't able to travel between worlds? Did you maybe make a boo.boo and mix things up?? :| confused here

Edit... Oh wait. I had to pull up the rules again. We ARE using Willow Creek this time! duh... never mind. :p:#

Yeah Crick Cabana = Willow Creek...where House 002 is being played. I DID mention The Grotto & yes..it was a boo boo... :( I meant Sylvan Glade & I THINK I corrected myself later on in the video
    U r correct in that u cannot travel between towns in this mini-challenge...I'm sry I confused u & anyone else heh :/
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    LOL! It's ok Vih. *pats you on the back* With all the playing, recording, and whatnot that you're doing, it's a wonder that you can remember everything in the order that you want us to play!! ;) I still have a ways to go with the re-playing of the first challenge. My sim, Julia is finally pregnant. Trust me, I want to use quite a few cheats to speed things along! lol Noooo.... I won't. I'll just take my time. :)
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
    edited April 2015
    GAME UPDATE!!!

My sim, Julia, had found out that her husband was cheating on her behind her back.... had gotten another townie pregnant..... and in the end - had to divorce him. It was a real shouting match. She was SOOOOO 🐸🐸🐸🐸 off she was very sad for a while. Aaaaaand, if that wasn't enough...... When they had woohoo'd -- HE GAVE HER TWINS!!!

As a single mom, this is going to be rough!! lol However, I *do* have my heir for the next challenge! ;) Omg
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
    LOL! It's ok Vih. *pats you on the back* With all the playing, recording, and whatnot that you're doing, it's a wonder that you can remember everything in the order that you want us to play!!

My goodness it's been a fun wild ride tho...I wouldn't have it any other way!

Squeeeee! MsPrissy88 u have your heir! That's always so exciting....another benchmark met hee hee Sounds like it was rough coming tho...whew! She'll have her hands full w/twins....IF u r wanting help u can always meet & move-in another Sim 2 "maybe" help out....sometimes they r more of a bother than a help tho
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    edited April 2015
    LOL! It's ok Vih. *pats you on the back* With all the playing, recording, and whatnot that you're doing, it's a wonder that you can remember everything in the order that you want us to play!!

My goodness it's been a fun wild ride tho...I wouldn't have it any other way!

Squeeeee! MsPrissy88 u have your heir! That's always so exciting....another benchmark met hee hee Sounds like it was rough coming tho...whew! She'll have her hands full w/twins....IF u r wanting help u can always meet & move-in another Sim 2 "maybe" help out....sometimes they r more of a bother than a help tho

The twins have now aged up! Nooooo.... I did not use any cheats to do that. I just stayed up real late playing my game, waiting for their birthday to come! The only thing I did with the twins, was to take them into cas (with that cheat) and changed up their hair and clothes. I really hate how EA "clothes" your kids. blech :p And Julia has (I think) about a week before she ages up to an adult. I'm just hoping that by the time the twins age up to young adults, Julia won't have passed on before. But!.... I'll just have to get in game and keep playing. Won't I?! ;)

Post edited by MsPrissy88 on
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
    Staying up 2 play Sims...yeah...I've been there :p Glad 2 hear your progress @MsPrissy88 THX 4 sharing! Sounds like House 002 is in your very near future =)
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    I'm "sort of" playing a challenge in willow creek in a new game. I just bought GTW and wanted to have my sim - Sabrina - have no money, get a few skills up, and meet a few people before I figure out how to do the get to work stuff. I would like to try the photography part, but I looked at the map of Magnolia whatever. Only 3 buildings and one lot for whatever you want on it?!?? If *you* bought GTW, how do you access the hospital, police station and bakery (if you want to have that)??
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
    The Hospital, Police Station & the Scientists place..is only reachable if u have a Sim in that specific career field (2 the best of my knowledge) as far as a Bakery or any other retail lot...that's Magnolia Promenade. I'm not sure what retail lots r available there...BUT if a bakery is not an option....u can always create 1. =)
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    Ohhhhhh! I am such a dum.b bunny. :p:D Ok..... So the 3 retail type buildings could be whatever I wanted them to be. Now I get it! *slaps head* Oh!! And with GTW installed, have you tried the photography skill with your phone yet?? The pictures are teeny weeny! LOL I found them in my sim's inventory, and when I went to place them on the wall -- you know, to check them out -- I was like.... that's it?! ha ha
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
    LOL yes @MsPrissy I have tried taking a few pictures & they really r tiny ><
    I'm not sure if u get bigger pics from a better photography source ie. the good cameras or something...I haven't had a lot of time 2 dabble. I think I've played like 2-3 days in each of the new active careers & taken...I dunno...10 photos w/my phone ha ha
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    That's kind of what I'm doing right now! LOL :D I mean, the careers. The doctor one is o - k, I guess. I just didn't like the mini tasks. And just now I was reading a thread where I guess all of the new careers have mini tasks that you must do! :s Oi *shakes head* {{sigh}} Oh well. I am going to just trod on through and hopefully I'll land on one that will pique my interest enough to stay with it.
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top