Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Building a Mall & little things that annoy me...

I've built my very first mall! Complete with three floors.
Ground floor - Women's clothing, Men's clothing, Children's clothing, Children's toys.
First floor - Bakery/Cafe/Bar, Book store.

The basement is going to have photography & furniture. I haven't built these stores yet, as trying to manage all that space when your employee won't ring anyone up is a nightmare!! :s
I've had so much fun building this and I've also put so much effort in to the build. This is possibly the first time I've not used CC in a build in the hopes I can share it with everyone! I've also got a really bad habit of building HUGE homes, so trying to fit everything I want into a tiny little square for the individual shops on the ground floor was difficult! My favourite part is possibly my window displays which I've posted a picture of below :smile: I still have to add in the plants and tree's for decor which I'll do today.
04-04-15_517nbspPM-2_zpsd7evnmv7.png

I really miss certain things from TS3 such as the spiral staircases - such space savers!! Please bring these back! I actually miss the spiral staircases more than I miss toddlers!
If I could have one thing though, it would be that we could make certain doors sim-specific, like employees being able to open certain doors only.
I miss dishwashers and trash compactors. I miss the sims 3..

Does anyone else also have issues with their maid not showing up!? (to the home, not the workplace) I've hired a daily maid who actually only shows up like once a week if I'm lucky!

I also hate the fact that all my staff members do are just eat and read books, chat and slack off! One of my employees fell asleep on the sofa at work - I woke them up, berated them and they left embarrassed.. I also didn't have to pay him for that day so I suppose that's good!

Comments

• catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    How are you going to staff your stores?
  • dancingindiordancingindior Posts: 159 Member
    @catmando830 , So far, it's literally me and one other employee. as far as I know, you can't set it so each are different stores, the mall is classed as one giant store.. I need to save up those points to allow me to hire more staff which is why I haven't opened the basement floor as of yet or put any baked goods etc. out in the bakery. I haven't figured out the finer points but so far it's working okay :) I do wish I could separate each store if that makes sense. Kind of like in TS3 university life where the dorms were all locked as separate rooms..
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    @catmando830 , So far, it's literally me and one other employee. as far as I know, you can't set it so each are different stores, the mall is classed as one giant store.. I need to save up those points to allow me to hire more staff which is why I haven't opened the basement floor as of yet or put any baked goods etc. out in the bakery. I haven't figured out the finer points but so far it's working okay :) I do wish I could separate each store if that makes sense. Kind of like in TS3 university life where the dorms were all locked as separate rooms..

So you have to own like the bakery for it to be staffed? I downloaded a bakery from the gallery to put in MP so my Sim would have an option to get something to eat when she is clothes shopping, but when she goes there, there is no one else there.
    @catmando830 I have no idea! I think there's a thread by one of the guru's in GTW about this :) At the top!
  • JassieteacakeJassieteacake Posts: 237 Member
    I miss spiral staircases and trash compactors as well :(
  • YB2000YB2000 Posts: 62 New Member
    edited April 2015
    Like your idea of a mall, would you post more photos?
    @YB2000 I'll post more once I'm in game :)

@Jassieteacake I know! Such a pain :neutral:
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Read the retail post by the gurus on page one. This may answer some questions.