Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Official The Sims 4 100 Baby Challenge [UPDATED ON DEC 29, 2018]

Comments

• Options
    RhyanieRhyanie Posts: 87 Member
    Yvette had her first baby today and it's a boy!!! I'm so excited that the 2nd generation is in full swing. I decided to use a letter randomizer to pick which letter I'd be using for all the babies names for this generation. I am using the letter P. So baby number 1 (or 26 in the challenge) is Paul.
    This is the generator website I use for the letters. I think it'll be fun to try and get all the names with one letter this generation.
    http://www.randomlettergenerator.com/index.html
    OriginID RachieBee22
    View my baby challenge blog here. 100babychallengets4.blogspot.com/
    View my YouTube channel here.
    Rachie Bee's YouTube/
    View my baby challenge spread sheet here.
    Baby Challenge Data
  • Options
    EminikEminik Posts: 181 Member
    I've always loved this challenge, hopefully this will keep me entertained :). Just started, have my founder and she is currently on her first pregnancy.

I'm hoping to do this alphabetically, so the first child will have a name that starts with A. Second B and so on...Multiples will have the same letter.
  • Options
    Spacey72659Spacey72659 Posts: 1,479 Member
    Eminik wrote: »
    I've always loved this challenge, hopefully this will keep me entertained :). Just started, have my founder and she is currently on her first pregnancy.

I'm hoping to do this alphabetically, so the first child will have a name that starts with A. Second B and so on...Multiples will have the same letter.

I always try to do an alphabet legacy like that (well, not with this challenge per say) LOL. It's an easy way to keep track of all these kids on his one though. Hahaha
  • Options
    RhyanieRhyanie Posts: 87 Member
    I have a question, I noticed this back in the early days of my first generation matriarch Kami. My sims haven't had any bills come to the house in a long time, I mean I think I only paid them twice on Kami and then they stopped coming. It's pretty cool not to have to pay them but it's weird that part of the game glitched for me. Has anyone else noticed this?
    OriginID RachieBee22
    View my baby challenge blog here. 100babychallengets4.blogspot.com/
    View my YouTube channel here.
    Rachie Bee's YouTube/
    View my baby challenge spread sheet here.
    Baby Challenge Data
  • Options
    Rhyanie wrote: »
    I have a question, I noticed this back in the early days of my first generation matriarch Kami. My sims haven't had any bills come to the house in a long time, I mean I think I only paid them twice on Kami and then they stopped coming. It's pretty cool not to have to pay them but it's weird that part of the game glitched for me. Has anyone else noticed this?

I wish! My Sims bills still come LOL!
    I guess as long as your power doesn't get shut off then it's a good glitch to have :)
  • Options
    I'm so sad I didn't know that female aliens would make men pregnant - I SO would have made my starting Sim for this LP a alien just to populate the town with all my alien babies. OMG. I almost want to start over. Hahahaha!!!
  • Options
    Ashleigh825Ashleigh825 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Hey guys, I'll be revamping the rules for GTW and OR soon, but in the meantime, you can just use your own judgement about how to go about incorporating the new content into your game. :)
  • Options
    Have to say I'm having a bit of a harder time with this challenge than I originally thought I would. I thought with the toddler stage taken out it would be easier. But I can't keep the previous father's away from my door, and I can't keep the children away from the bassinets. And going out to meet new fathers is a pain, I'm having my mother go out on the weekends with all the kids and meeting a couple men at a time, then try to keep those relationships up until I need a new father. But I'm progressing! So far Generation 1 has 7 kids, 3 girls and 4 boys. Only 1 set of twins. So my house is now full and I'm working on A's for the teens to grow them up and move them out to make more room!

Founder: Kira Park (YA)
    1. Annabelle Park (Teen)
    2. Brandon Park (Teen)
    3. Crystal Park (Teen and Twin)
    4. Caty Park (Teen and Twin)
    5. Dylan Park (Child)
    6. Ethan Park (Child)
    7. Frederick Park (Baby)
  • Options
    Juliee101Juliee101 Posts: 479 Member
    edited April 2015
    Have to say I'm having a bit of a harder time with this challenge than I originally thought I would. I thought with the toddler stage taken out it would be easier. But I can't keep the previous father's away from my door, and I can't keep the children away from the bassinets. And going out to meet new fathers is a pain, I'm having my mother go out on the weekends with all the kids and meeting a couple men at a time, then try to keep those relationships up until I need a new father. But I'm progressing! So far Generation 1 has 7 kids, 3 girls and 4 boys. Only 1 set of twins. So my house is now full and I'm working on A's for the teens to grow them up and move them out to make more room!

Founder: Kira Park (YA)
    1. Annabelle Park (Teen)
    2. Brandon Park (Teen)
    3. Crystal Park (Teen and Twin)
    4. Caty Park (Teen and Twin)
    5. Dylan Park (Child)
    6. Ethan Park (Child)
    7. Frederick Park (Baby)

really?
    i just find men wandering around my lot lol.

i havent been able to play this since march 28th but i am back and it feels weird lol
    Post edited by Juliee101 on
  • Options
    Loreta PierceLoreta Pierce Posts: 17 New Member
    My second matriarch is almost an elder and teen noy getting A's and crying babies are annoying me, but it's a lot of fun, even though I feel a little bad at it cause in two generations I have what some people had in just one.
  • Options
    FennadevFennadev Posts: 180 Member
    edited April 2015
    I ain't gonna wait another weekend, from now on I am gonna age up my teens whenever they got their school work thing full. and a skill in level 3. My teen should have already gotten her A at Monday and it's Friday now. Can EA please fix this super annoying bug..
    Oh, haha, she actually had 0 days untill aging up already.
  • Options
    Fennadev wrote: »
    I ain't gonna wait another weekend, from now on I am gonna age up my teens whenever they got their school work thing full. and a skill in level 3. My teen should have already gotten her A at Monday and it's Friday now. Can EA please fix this super annoying bug..
    Oh, haha, she actually had 0 days untill aging up already.

I have issues with teens getting As too!
    I have a separate LP where I was trying to get my legacy heir to an A to see if she could start a job at level 3 (BC I also find it hard to get promotions in this game). She had a full bar, I saw the gold check mark like when promotions happen, and she came home with a B still!

So in this one I'm going to age up with Bs BC As seem too hard. My first child has a B already but I'll see if children can get As easier (I really never care in other games so if they don't do their homework then whatever. So idk if children jave the same difficulty as teens. Lol!). If not I'll find some other point to age them up by too!
  • Options
    FennadevFennadev Posts: 180 Member
    Kids are still easy peasy to get A's, just the teenagers are so difficult, but I will age them up when they should have gotten an A.
  • Options
    Fennadev wrote: »
    Kids are still easy peasy to get A's, just the teenagers are so difficult, but I will age them up when they should have gotten an A.

Ok, cool - that's good to know. I thought I was crazy between the two games being so different with the teen and child - but it makes sense knowing it's just the teens being difficult LOL!!
  • Options
    gloria aged into a teen, and i redid her.
    i feel like she is the prettiest one tbh.

8yrhiv.jpg
  • Options
    She is very pretty!
  • Options
    > really?
    > i just find men wandering around my lot lol.
    >
    > i havent been able to play this since march 28th but i am back and it feels weird lol

LOL yeah they just knock at my door for a few hours and then they leave. It's kind of annoying. And one just died...right at my front door. REALLY? Go home and die on your own lot...haha
  • Options
    > really?
    > i just find men wandering around my lot lol.
    >
    > i havent been able to play this since march 28th but i am back and it feels weird lol

LOL yeah they just knock at my door for a few hours and then they leave. It's kind of annoying. And one just died...right at my front door. REALLY? Go home and die on your own lot...haha

early on in the challenge..
    oft47k.jpg

• Options
    When I first wrote up the challenge, it was impossibly hard to get children and teens to be A students, it was so difficult I thought about changing that rule but then a patch drastically reduced the difficulty level so I've decided to keep that a strict rule. Of course, if there are glitches where your child should have gotten an A in school but did not, then it's fine to age them up. You still did all the same work everyone else did so I don't see why a glitch that's beyond your control should ruin your challenge.
  • Options
    Just announcing that the rules have been updated for OR and GTW. As always, these rules are new and therefore tentative and likely to change as I get feedback about them from players. Hope you're all enjoying your challenges. :)
  • Options
    PebblycatPebblycat Posts: 861 Member
    Hi everyone :)

I've been playing this challenge for a while now and loving it but I'm wondering if it's against the rules to change aspirations of the mother anytime to gain more points/traits? I've been concentrating so much on having babies and forgetting about aspirations and I'm tired of painting ;)

Working on my 4th generation with a total of 41 children so far!
    My Origin ID: Pebblycat
    Visit Pebblycat's Showcase to see what I've created
  • Options
    RedVelvetValRedVelvetVal Posts: 5 New Member
    This is a great challenge and I enjoyed playing it TS3 so much I went looking for this challenge and its rules for the Sims 4. Thanks!
  • Options
    Pebblycat wrote: »
    Hi everyone :)

I've been playing this challenge for a while now and loving it but I'm wondering if it's against the rules to change aspirations of the mother anytime to gain more points/traits? I've been concentrating so much on having babies and forgetting about aspirations and I'm tired of painting ;)

Working on my 4th generation with a total of 41 children so far!

I don't see why that would be a problem. You're still working for all your aspiration points, plus some of the aspirations require you to take a job which is against the challenge rules so you'd have to change your matriarch's aspiration.

• Options
    solarstormsolarstorm Posts: 350 Member
    is auto aging off?
    so, every baby that's born -- move on to the next male sim?
    aliens sounds super fun. may create an alien world! :)
    the momma can't have a job right?

let me know!
  • Options
    solarstorm wrote: »
    is auto aging off?
    so, every baby that's born -- move on to the next male sim?
    aliens sounds super fun. may create an alien world! :)
    the momma can't have a job right?

let me know!

It doesn't matter whether auto aging is on or off for unplayed Sims but I'd recommend having it on so the game will create new townies to replace ones that grow old and die. It helps your matriarchs find new fathers.

Yep, once a male Sim impregnates your matriarch, dump him and start working on the next fella, lol. What I did was I'd have my matriarch get pregnant with one guy, then immediately dump him and go out to meet another guy, spending her pregnancy building up a relationship with him so that by the time she has the last guy's baby, she can Try for Baby with the new guy and get pregnant again immediately. That system worked pretty well for me.

Let me know how playing with the alien rules is for you. All the OR and GTW rules are new so they need a lot of testing to make sure they're not too difficult or too easy.

The mother can't have a job, no. She can earn money from any of the hobby skills (selling paintings, playing music for tips, etc) but she can't take an actual job from the phone/computer. If you have GTW installed, your matriarch can run her own business, though. See the Get To Work rules for the benefits and drawbacks to this.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top