Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tuning Descriptions and XML of combined tuning resource

Comments

• Marco50Marco50 Posts: 83 Member
    edited April 2015
    Yeah, we are using his tool to extract the files.

But what does "quot" means?

It is missing information, maybe numbers, but we don't know. The only thing we know is that it doesn't mean quotation marks.
  • FogityFogity Posts: 122 Member
    I have looked at the thread over at MTS and it is quite obvious that "quot" means quotation marks, which I already knew. When looking at what has been posted there it is quite obvious to me that there is some sort of bug in his code. The phrase "quot" doesn't even appear in the official file.

So again, ask velocitygrass to look into the issue. :)
    Played since The Sims 1 and now makes mods for The Sims 4:
    Gender Less - Gender neutral pronouns and titles
    Hidden Highlight - Removes the white outline
    Unlocked CAS Parts - Unlocks hidden CAS items
    Oh, It doesn't appear? :open_mouth:

Well, I guess it means the XML Extractor Tool is outdated. Thank you for helping us. Now we have to wait for Velocitygrass' answer. Thank you very much!
  • MadameButterflyMadameButterfly Posts: 116 Member
    @SimGuruModSquad @Fogity - I have been using Velocitygrass's tool, and I have been posting in the original forum section for that tool on MTS (http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=534316). As you can see there, others are having the same problem with this tool and this particular file. We didn't have any problem with the base game file or the Outdoor Retreat file. It is only this file that is giving us trouble. There have been no responses from VelocityGrass as of yet. It was my hope that maybe the file was just corrupted, and could be easily fixed with a new download.

What tool do you use, Fogity? Is it something that others can access? If we don't hear from VelocityGrass, then I am at a loss. Without a working tool, there will be nothing further I can do.

It is my personal tool, it does not have the functionality of velocitygrass's tool. I could develop it to add the functionality, but I trust that velocitygrass is able to fix his tool long before I will ever be done with mine. But if he disappears or abandons the tool feel free to contact me.
    I guess all I can do is sit tight and wait. But it is the waiting that kills me, because there are mods that people are asking for right now for this new EP. Plus, there are mods that I want for myself as well. (Although, I do really like this EP overall. I think the team did do a good job with it.) I am just not sure how long is a reasonable waiting time, as I am not a tool creator.
  • SimGuruModSquadSimGuruModSquad Posts: 597 Member
    edited April 2015
    Thanks guys, yeah I am pretty confident the posted XML is correct.

As a sanity check here's a fun test to verify the data in the XML is correct:
    • In the Mods folder, create a directory looseresources
    • Add this line to your Mods Resource.cfg: DirectoryFiles looseresources autoupdate
    • What this new line will do is allow the game to load correctly-named loose resources (i.e. not in a package file) out of that directory. The tuning file for EP1 that was provided is named correctly to be loaded this way (0x00000003!0xe23bb17404760cfa.62e94d38)
    • Upzip the EP1 tuning into the looseresources dir.
    • Run the game. Note that the game should run correctly. When there is a python exception, the game will write a file named lastException_<timestamp>.txt to the Documents directory. No such file should be generated when running with the file provided.
    • Now modify the unzipped XML to have invalid formatting and resave.
    • Run the game, the game will generate a lastException file complaining about the poorly formatted tuning data.

SGMS
    Post edited by SimGuruModSquad on
    @SimGuruModSquad Oh, this looks interesting. But to be sure, with the 2 there and not the 3? (0x00000002!0xf10287740c1c4eb0.62e94d38)
    Ah yeah, that's the GP01 file name. Updated post for EP01, thanks.
    @MadameButterfly Well, he wouldn't need to complete a bugfix in order to acknowledge that there is a problem and announce that he will try to fix it. So just wait as long as you feel is proper. It is best for everyone if he updates his tool when he is able. Although another programmer could look into it themselves due to the fact that his code is open source, so really there isn't a big problem here.
    Oh well, I will do what Sim Guru said. Thank you so much!
    @Fogity Nods. Yes, and I am very thankful that he did leave it as open source just in case he felt the need to move on. That is a very generous thing to do.
  • SimMartenSimMarten Posts: 10 New Member
    Velocitygrass hasn't been active since last November, though, so I don't know how big the chance is that he'll be updating his tool.
    Thought I might mention that I have extracted the tuning from the combined tuning using my own tools. Please look through them and see that everything is correct before using it in a mod, I have not done any tuning modding myself.

Here is the link: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6618468/TS4Stuff/Fogity_Extracted_Tuning.zip
    I don't know if anyone has looked at this thread and is using my files, but as a bug was found (that I think I might have fixed) I though I should post a link to my updated files.

They can be found here: https://fogity.wordpress.com/extracted-tuning/
  • ScarletQueenKatScarletQueenKat Posts: 792 Member
    @SimGuruModSquad Is it possible for you to upload the combined tuning resources for 1.5.149 please?

Yes wondering myself, please and thank you @SimGuruModSquad :)
    🌹 Scarlet's Mod List - Includes ALL mods, links to their latest versions, last updated dates, sorting options, and more!
    Bump.
  • tacheira209tacheira209 Posts: 209 Member
    Bump!!!
    Hi guys, as requested... XML versions of combined tuning resources for 1.5.149
    @SimGuruModSquad Hi I my intentions is to create a tool that extracts the tunings directly from the binary files from the game. I just ran the file through my simdata reader a while back, and it didn't parse it properly. My tools are incomplete, so I think the problem lies there somewhere. But I thought I might just ask if there is anything particular about those files that differ from most of the other files (except the file size).
  • JustAnotherSimsFanJustAnotherSimsFan Posts: 7 New Member
    edited April 2015
    @SimGuruModSquad Thank you.
    Post edited by JustAnotherSimsFan on
  • SemajorSemajor Posts: 4 New Member
    @Fogity You are the reason I've been able to update my mods lately. Thank you boatloads for the extracted XMLs. The added comments are amazing as well, since it provides all the routing to other tuning files. Truly a lifesaver.

@SimGuruModSquad I super appreciate the support you folks are giving to the modding community. We'd be smashing our heads into our desks if you weren't providing the basics when our tools get borked. Thanks again everyone!
    @Fogity I spent some time looking at the combined tuning when view with the SimData bt file and it looks reasonable to me. Although it is very possible there is something incorrect, can you point me specifically at what you are seeing that looks wrong?
    Thank you for looking into it, it is good to know that there isn't a problem with the files. I will look into it some more and see if I can fix it. Otherwise I will point out my problem.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top