Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I no longer need help with this.(issue fixed)

GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,079 Member
I have 4 patients sitting in the rooms, but they need to be diagnosed and I can't do that.Am I missing something?
Edit: And sorry this is in general discussion, it wouldn't let me choose Get to work.

Edit: I already received answers and have fixed this.I don't need anymore help with this.Thank you.
Post edited by GraceyManor on

Comments

• JewlBradelyJewlBradely Posts: 1 New Member
    I think we're having the same issue. With me I've done all of the examinations and am still only left with a compelling diagnoses. I tried guessing, but the passed three times they have come back wrong. I don't want my Sim to get demoted.
  • QuaayQuaay Posts: 556 Member
    What level are you? If you are not a doctor yet you will have to transfer the case to a doctor. If they are not on duty, then you're stuck until one is. If they are on duty you have to talk to them socially a bit first before it lets you transfer the case.
  • cherparcherpar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Keepimg doing to exams until you get guaranteed. Also upgrade the analysis machine, X-ray and computer - it seems to reduce the number of diagnostic options. Unlike some people who said they lost performance when sim left the hospital after waiting to long, I only took performance hits when the diagnosis was wrong - so if it's like that for you, take the time you need to get it right.
  • fivelafootedfivelafooted Posts: 44 Member
    Diagnosing is really hard and doing all those tests takes forever. Even after doing all the tests I was still left guessing between 2 or 3 choices. After a while you can just guess by the symptoms they show. Also if you didn't diagnose a sim I noticed that they would be there again the next day so you have another chance to run more tests to narrow down the options.
  • ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    as other have stated if you at a low level like level 3 or below you need to transfer the case over to the doctor. once their medical icon turns red click on the sims then click on the sim and then click on more options and you will see the treat option

around level 3 and higher you just keep examining the patient until you get the ability to diagnosis i wait for the compelling one and never use the weak option. you get a notice and when you click on the patient you will see the option to diagnosis and then you treat
  • Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited April 2015
    That is incorrect you can diagnose patients at level 3, treadmill unlocks at level 4. How to diagnose patients is do everything you learned in the previous positions, but your not being told what to do you have the freedom to decide. If your seeing compelling your at level 3 or higher. You can tell when you can diagnose patients because before level 3 most of the beeping hearts are red in the exam rooms the red ones mean they have been diagnosed and you can treat them at any time. The ones that are blue need to be examined until transfer patient comes up. These are your practice tests these patients aren't sick you are just practicing. Once you work on all the equipment enough your get promoted. Don't forget to work on the chemical analyzer machine. Do a couple practice test and take samples to practice with the machine. After you have practiced and transferred enough practice patients to the doctor your get promoted. Don't worry about clearing all the things with one patient as there are more now that need diagnosed, yes your notice the atmosphere of the hospital changes in the exam rooms from red beeping hearts to blue beeping hearts, the blue ones need to be diagnosed the red ones have been diagnosed and treated, don't worry about diagnosing them all, but this will where multi tasking pays off to clear Diagnose patient you need to run tests, the same test you ran in the field before in the job ticker. Your level 3 now and don't need to be told to run those test. make sure you don't forget about the take sample and run it through the chemical Analyzer, X-ray machine and thread mill later, Be careful of the kids they like to prank the hospital by pretending to be sick will make the test fail. If a patient is sick you can get a guaranteed diagnoses with the chemical analyzer and X-ray machine. I often do this strategy if the exams at the exam table give probable results I will look at compelling Diagnoses and if it gives me only one I diagnose them with that, if it gives me more than one I run more test. Remember, some sims will not be sick but acting sick because they want to cause trouble. If all test and X-ray fail its a good indication you been played diagnose them with a clean bill of health and they start acting normal again. Anyways, and play it safe if not sure run more tests. Don't worry patients aren't going to go anywhere The Sims 4 only has one hospital.

Edit: I missed a period in one of my sentences so fixed it.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,079 Member
    Thanks! I'm running into another issue.I have run every single test available on a patient, and I am at level 6 I believe, yet it doesn't narrow down the cause of their issue.So I guess, that I just take a random guess at that point? because every test came up unconclusive and more tests required, yet their all greyed out now because I used them all lol.
  • TinglesfulTinglesful Posts: 292 Member
    edited April 2015
    I am not a fan of the random guess. It never really works out for me... Normally I run the x-ray test and the running thing (don't know what it's called) AGAIN wich reduces the options of the possible ilnesses.
    94yhm4uzxqil.png
    Thanks! I'm running into another issue.I have run every single test available on a patient, and I am at level 6 I believe, yet it doesn't narrow down the cause of their issue.So I guess, that I just take a random guess at that point? because every test came up unconclusive and more tests required, yet their all greyed out now because I used them all lol.

Most times I only need to do a few examine options, and like tinglesful i use the machines as well. So anaylize the sample and do the treadmill or X-ray to get compelling diagnosis
    edited April 2015
    remember I did say some sims like to not be vary nice to doctors and pretend to be sick if you ran all tests and it came back inconclusive in the compelling diagnosis you should get a option that says not ill use that one. use visual clues to help you determine which sickness it is. The chemical analyizer is the best way to tell if a patient is ill without any signs. Most of the time with some miner sicknesses you can just do the exam and only one will pop up for probable cause just diagnose and treat the patient with that one if two or more show up you need to run more tests.

Also, when you get high enough look for big fat woman in the lobby making loud groaning noises get them to the exam thing quickly and check to see if they are pregnant. I have not made it that far yet so I have no idea when that unlocks.

• cherparcherpar Posts: 2,092 Member
    @ceejay, out of interest how many options for diagnosis do you have under compelling. I sometimes saw up to 3 options. in order to narrow this down, I oftem had to repeat tests, mostly X-ray.

@Springfairy556 at level 6 I had a lot of issues with diagnosis, for days everything was wrong and performance suffered. I repaired game ( base + GTW), cleared caches and also took out mods. Things started to work again and I got 80 percent right and got promoted. Now 2/4 of the mods are back in and working ok with the career, my sim is now chief of staff. I haven't tested the other two, but I'd suggest trying repair game and pull mods to test. I also often repeat the X-ray, It never lets me do any of the examine options again, but treadmill and xray are available for repeating.
    cherpar wrote: »
    @ceejay, out of interest how many options for diagnosis do you have under compelling. I sometimes saw up to 3 options. in order to narrow this down, I oftem had to repeat tests, mostly X-ray.
    good Q and sorry i dont really remember like 2-3 ill take note next time. but ive been assuming any would do so i didnt hesitate to select one at random but im only at level 4 so maybe i should be more thoughtful it may be im just guessing right right now :)
    edited April 2015
    you do all the examinations on the bed if they come up with probable diagnoses, go to the compelling diagnoses, if only one comes up diagnose the sim with that if more than one continue with more tests or exams. I would exam kids first as they only need like 2/3 of the exams the others need.

• siminscsiminsc Posts: 854 Member
    I finally decided to chance a diagnoses and guessed Bloaty Head. I got it right! I was diagnosing the next patient when the work day ended. Arghhh. I'm sure I had it right. The stars were swirling around his head. Starry Eyes. My doctor Sim went home with it so he ordered medicine on the computer.
    ceejay402 wrote: »
    cherpar wrote: »
    good Q and sorry i dont really remember like 2-3 ill take note next time. but ive been assuming any would do so i didnt hesitate to select one at random but im only at level 4 so maybe i should be more thoughtful it may be im just guessing right right now :)

ok i just played some more. under level 5 i could easily diagnosis and get to compelling i could even eliminate compelling to just one option. now at level 5 it takes far more testing, i repeat the ones that i can like treadmill, xray and whats been key as well now is i keep doing the talking of general health or whatever its called :) and i am able to get guarantee

so just keep repeating tests until you only have one choice
    edited April 2015
    I think its stupid that the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 sims have to go to the freaken exam beds before you can refer them to another test this is completely stupid.

Edit: Also from my experience any sim that has been in the exam room for 4 hours can be safely diagnosed healthy, the moodlets only last 4 hours. I was trying to get my two required patients in at level 5 on a Friday, but for some reason the dumb game decided to give me to hard patients, the patient had stripes on him when I did tests on him, and was sick so by the time I did test on one sim the other sim was healthy and healthy sims don't count for the requirement to be treated.

• sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    I just discovered that you (I mean your doctor sim) can go to the front desk and then click on the sims all standing there with the blue flashing medical thingy to admit them to an exam bed. I just did it and the guy was flashing red, so an alien! Yea, I got one in my game and now I know who it is!

If you have empty beds that will at least get them out of the waiting room. I don't know it the rest of you already knew that, but I had not read it on any of the forums myself.
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie
  • mrln1975mrln1975 Posts: 186 Member
    I pay attention to my patient thought bubble when I ask them their symptom. When I first played I could treat the ones with a red heart over their heads. I would ask them what is wrong then look at the bubble. And then it is high lighted what meds or if they need a shot. When i was higher up the field. It would not help me correctly diagnose. I had to figure it out on my own. Then I noticed the same bubble as before. If I make any sense. At least that is what I can guess. I haven't played the doctor career that long. I have trouble wording things on paper. So forgive me if do not make sense.
    04-04-15_8-27nbspPM.png
  • AninhaAninha Posts: 6 New Member
    Hi, guys, can you help me out? I seem to have a problem with my medical career... I complete the daily tasks every day, I study the online medical reports almost all day long (at home and work) and I go to work focused. Right after I get a patient to the exam table, I do some exams and the doctor doesn't wait for me to transfer the case before getting the patient. When I click the patient with a red heart, the option to treat doesn't open... I am on the level 2 of the career and can't level up! What should I do?
  • cutenfurry256cutenfurry256 Posts: 49 Member
    I made a cheat sheet for recognizing illnesses in Sims. The best way is to watch the sim for a while, they will give you clues easily. I made a cheat sheet, I will copy it below:

Bloaty head (cure:shot)-headache, sometimes steam comes out of ears
    Burning Belly (surgery)-visable stomach pain
    Starry Eyes (Meds)-dizzy and shows starts over head
    Gas & Giggles (Meds)- random giggling and sometimes farts
    Lama Flu (shot)-sneezing, may shiver HAS cloud of gas around head, coughs
    Triple Threat (Surgery)-sneezing, coughing (NO Giggles), dizzy and stars over head
    Sweaty Shivers
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,079 Member
    I made a cheat sheet for recognizing illnesses in Sims. The best way is to watch the sim for a while, they will give you clues easily. I made a cheat sheet, I will copy it below:

Bloaty head (cure:shot)-headache, sometimes steam comes out of ears
    Burning Belly (surgery)-visable stomach pain
    Starry Eyes (Meds)-dizzy and shows starts over head
    Gas & Giggles (Meds)- random giggling and sometimes farts
    Lama Flu (shot)-sneezing, may shiver HAS cloud of gas around head, coughs
    Triple Threat (Surgery)-sneezing, coughing (NO Giggles), dizzy and stars over head
    Sweaty Shivers

Thanks, but my issue is already fixed.I asked this back in April.But nice cheat sheet though!