Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Looking for specific keystroke

I know how to have the camera view go around your sim and I know the keystroke to go forward and back and left and right. I also know that the middle button on your mouse is supposed to move your view from ground level to overhead looking directly down on your sim. Here is my dilemma, my middle mouse button control does not seem to work anymore, therefore I do not have the capability through my mouse of moving the vies to directly overhead. Is there a keystroke on my keyboard that does the same thing or am I destined to be forever looking at my Sims on the same plane of view?

I do not have another mouse and I hate to have to spend more money to go get a new one. I have looked at the Camera Directions on the upper right of the UI but that does not cover the change in view I am looking for. I hope all is not lost. Please let me know and thank you for the help.

Comments

• sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    I know in previous games it's T...im not sure about 4 but it's worth a shot!
    WLfAA9V.png
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,579 Member
    edited April 2015
    I know how to have the camera view go around your sim and I know the keystroke to go forward and back and left and right. I also know that the middle button on your mouse is supposed to move your view from ground level to overhead looking directly down on your sim. Here is my dilemma, my middle mouse button control does not seem to work anymore, therefore I do not have the capability through my mouse of moving the vies to directly overhead. Is there a keystroke on my keyboard that does the same thing or am I destined to be forever looking at my Sims on the same plane of view?

I do not have another mouse and I hate to have to spend more money to go get a new one. I have looked at the Camera Directions on the upper right of the UI but that does not cover the change in view I am looking for. I hope all is not lost. Please let me know and thank you for the help.

@Branthor4000: Okay, go to Game Options and Camera Controls (or something like that) and then it has this thing that says "change to Sims 3 style" and you tick that. And voila. :D Hope this is what you were looking for.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • Branthor4000Branthor4000 Posts: 140 Member
    Unfortunately it is already checked and as per the previous response, "T" does not work. Was the pitch control in TS3 a different keystroke? Or maybe I am doing something wrong. I press "T" while in the game and my mouse icon does not change, so maybe I just do not know how to use the pitch control from TS3. Can someone please help? Thank you!
  • Branthor4000Branthor4000 Posts: 140 Member
    No one else has any comments re: this? Please help me. Thank you.
  • Sketch793Sketch793 Posts: 1,218 Member
    You can use Ctrl-right button in place of middle button for controlling the camera.
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member

Walmart has Logitech wireless mice for $14.99. If you use prefer a wired one they are cheaper.
  • sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    Unfortunately it is already checked and as per the previous response, "T" does not work. Was the pitch control in TS3 a different keystroke? Or maybe I am doing something wrong. I press "T" while in the game and my mouse icon does not change, so maybe I just do not know how to use the pitch control from TS3. Can someone please help? Thank you!

Maybe its just in buy/build mode that T works then. Sorry :/
    WLfAA9V.png
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,579 Member

Well, if it already checked, then there might be something wrong with your mouse and The Sims 4. Maybe you could try a different mouse? Get a cheap one first to test it out.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • Sketch793Sketch793 Posts: 1,218 Member
    You can use Ctrl-Up Arrow and Ctrl-Down Arrow to control tilt if you are in TS3 camera mode. The method I posted above also works. Verified in game last night.