Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Keep the Store!

i like shopping at the store, i don't have to wait for the ep's to come out and i can shop at home
I want it thank you, it is just as cheap as stuff packs and i can have what i choose!

Comments

• ChocolotiChocoloti Posts: 328 New Member
    edited October 2009
    You can have it
  • GillieGillie Posts: 1,708 Member
    edited October 2009
    Typing in all caps is actually frowned upon on this message board.

But yes the Store is amazing.
  • WhitetigerzWhitetigerz Posts: 1,838 New Member
    edited October 2009
    Yeah, the all caps was kinda a bit much?

I like the store, because I can instantly buy a item if I want it. To me it has the advantage of storage place (no CD case ot find a spot for) and I can pick the very few items I want. I havn't spent any real money on it, only free points and I'm happy with all but one purschase! The steampunk items are incredible!
  • jenjohnsjenjohns Posts: 60 Member
    edited October 2009
    I for one love the store. Yes the prices are a lil outrageous at times, but its faster than waiting on a full EP. Also to the ones that don't want to buy because its not on a cd and if the computer crashes issue. All you need to do is copy the package piles onto a flash drive (I bought a 4GB flash usb drive just for this reason)or you can even burn them on a cd. Then they are yours forever and you wont lose them. Can also install them over and over again. Everything I download I back up on the flash drive immediately. Then when I get enough I burn them on cd. If the store would just adjust the prices by a lil bit everything would be peachy!
  • Uzi666Uzi666 Posts: 1,451 New Member
    edited October 2009
    i for one like free things from the store
  • PoppyBPoppyB Posts: 2,506 Member
    edited October 2009
    - Do not post entire messages in ALL CAPS or post multiples of words in extra-large font. This is considered shouting. Shouting is not polite. Find a less "noisy" way to emphasize your ideas.

Anyway why would they get rid of the store?
  • midnightmonkey28midnightmonkey28 Posts: 594 New Member
    edited October 2009
    the store is just waay too overpriced for me and they had items there on release date that should have been in the game :x

mysig_302339869.jpg
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • garrison17garrison17 Posts: 362 Member
    edited October 2009
    caps have been changed, thanks all!!!!! maybe they can make stuff packs and the store like sim 2? i never knew their was a sims 2 store i wish i would of cause i didn't like alot of expansion pack like university but i would have like their stuff! store makes sense to me!
  • JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    edited October 2009
    I also enjoy the Store, like others have already said it's nice not having to wait for an Expansion or Stuff Pack to be released, I just periodically check the store and pickup an item that I like.

Personally it seems like the sets have gotten better since the first few sets that were released. Some of the sets have been overpriced, true... but with the sale on the last Animals Abound Set, I think they did pretty good and couldn't turn it down myself.

My only complaint is the lack of including male teens in the clothing sets (i.e. Victorian Fashions & Steampunk Savvy).
  • knuckledusterknuckleduster Posts: 1,268 Member
    edited October 2009
    there are many of us who do care that it is expensive.

i like that it is a supplement to the game - but, it should be just that, a supplement.

the fact that we want items, and will buy them if they are reasonably priced, helps both EA and us.

it would make us WANT to keep coming back and we will, as evidenced by the sale of the game.
  • Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    edited October 2009
    there are many of us who do care that it is expensive.

i like that it is a supplement to the game - but, it should be just that, a supplement.

the fact that we want items, and will buy them if they are reasonably priced, helps both EA and us.

it would make us WANT to keep coming back and we will, as evidenced by the sale of the game.

It is a supplement.

The problem is if they reduce the cost per item to be in line with what you would find in SP's they would seriously erode SP sales.

I would venture a guess and say that between the three(base game, EP's & SP's)
    SP's are the most profitable (per unit sold not necessarily net), not only are they cheaper to produce labor wise but they also began cashing in on licensing deals toward the end to sweeten the pot.

I think the problem lies in the perception that the store was meant to replace SP's as opposed to providing an alternative for getting more content than we have ever had available before.

If you stop and think about it, if they were to do away with SP's and lower store prices to the same level of SP's the NET NET would be, they would lose the entire SP revenue stream with no guarantee whatsoever that Store sales would cover that gaping hole...let alone prove more profitable. I highly doubt they would do this.

But there is hope for lower store prices in the future.
    I think I read an interview with one of the EA bigwigs a while back and recall mention of a Mini-EP

One might also interpret this as a Super Stuff Pack

What I mean by this is in order to further distance SP's from the online store the format may be a bit different this time whereby these packs would feature mostly objects centered around a theme, but would include items that offer new animations.

It would differ from a regular EP in both size and price and be mainly focused around objects rather than concepts.

Depending on the success of an offering like this, it may drive EA to breathe a bit easier about potential competition between the Store and the (Super)SP..and allow them to come down significantly on store prices.

This would also allow them to offer items that are in the Mini-EP's at the premium prices we are seeing now to insure that the store isn't competing against the title.

As a further hedge, the items that offered new animations would probably not be offered in the store at all.

All just conjecture, but plausible methinks.

• Ka1teeKa1tee Posts: 77 New Member
    edited October 2009
    At least they are adding more electronics and other stuff than they did in Sims 2, but still, I don't like the store, it's way overpriced.
  • KaylianaKayliana Posts: 1 New Member
    edited October 2009
    Most items in the store are crazy overpriced, imo.
  • CMSnedCMSned Posts: 192 New Member
    edited October 2009
    The stuff in the store is nice, and it is good for people who cant go out and buy ep.

But what about pp like me? My parents wont let me use their credit card, mine isnt accepted and they dont have gift cards in aust.
    This is just ONE example of what I am sure will be many more.

I don't like the store coz I spent heaps on the base game (took me 2 terms 2 save up for it :cry:) and I still need to buy more to have all the stuff.

So i dont like the store-I think they should make all the stuff free to download, or u can still buy the stuff as a stuff pack eg. store stuff first 2 terms.
  • midnightmonkey28midnightmonkey28 Posts: 594 New Member
    edited October 2009
    CMSned wrote
    The stuff in the store is nice, and it is good for people who cant go out and buy ep.

But what about pp like me? My parents wont let me use their credit card, mine isnt accepted and they dont have gift cards in aust.
    This is just ONE example of what I am sure will be many more.

I don't like the store coz I spent heaps on the base game (took me 2 terms 2 save up for it :cry :-) and I still need to buy more to have all the stuff.

So i dont like the store-I think they should make all the stuff free to download, or u can still buy the stuff as a stuff pack eg. store stuff first 2 terms.

i agree i think they should put it in a stuff pack cuz the store is way too overpriced :roll: no matter how good the stuff in the store is yet we are forced into it cuz we are buying simpoints when we buy the game and when we buy world adventures thats why its $10 dollars more expensive :evil:

mysig_302339869.jpg
  • DarklingDarkling Posts: 6,327 Member
    edited October 2009
    The Store is a bit overpriced...but then again so is everything in today's world so I don't freakout about it too much. I like it because I have the power to pick and choose exactly what items I want. I can't even begin to count the dozens upon dozens of hair, clothing, furniture and decor items that I never used with Sims2 but I paid for them just the same when I bought the EP or SP. I'd rather cherrypick what I want than be forced into buying things that I will never use but still get because they came on a Pack.

14785081519_9e388018bc_o.jpg
  • mofursmofurs Posts: 87 New Member
    edited October 2009
    You can have it all to yourself. After my free points I refused to buy anything from the Store. Everything is way over priced for digital objects. It's a slap in the face to dedicated Sim's fans who have invested time and time again in The Sims franchise. :roll:
  • MumzeebMumzeeb Posts: 52
    edited October 2009
    I also think the store should stay, however, it is quite pricey, I'm not willing to purchase points for a game, I have fanancial obligations that far exceed the need for my sims to have better clothes and furniture than i do. I don't think that they should make the whole store free as i have seen in other forums, i mean after all, EA has to make money too. But i do think that they should have competitions or other ways of giving points periodically that doesn't involve us having to buy expansion packs etc. With all the forums posted in these forums, it makes me wonder if EA really pays any attention to us. I have bought the sims ever since i knew they even existed. This is the first time i ever registered my game to go to the store. I never used to go to the store before. I have used up the sims points i got with my game and until i get the new pack due out in nov i won't be able to really buy anything else from the store. It's sad really, they have so much to offer. I love the look of the new nursery sets.
  • exdemon1120exdemon1120 Posts: 899 Member
    edited October 2009
    I personally love the store. It's more items and quicker then waiting for a stuff pack or expansion.

As for the price.... yeah it's a bit costly. But if it's that big a deal you can do what I do. I have 2 Real life friends who also play Sims and what we do is pitch in together to buy stuff. Like I will give one of them 1/3 of the cash for a new set then they buy it or they give me 1/3 each for a set and I buy it. (we take turns) then we download it and use a flash drive to copy the files. That way all 3 of us get the items but we only pay 1/3 the cost.

Makes it a lot more managable. At least for us. And this is something you really can't do with EPs or SPs cause you have to have the latest disk to play. With the store we can split the cost really for the first time.
  • CMSnedCMSned Posts: 192 New Member
    edited October 2009
    Another reason is that I already have spent... $460!!!! on sims. :o

(i earn $5 pocket money a week, so thats a lot to me).

And i no that i dont play sims 1 anymore (bought all the expansion packs as well) so when sims 4 comes out, i probs wont play sims 3 anymore.

so i dont think il spend anymore than just the expansion packs.
  • heidi11576heidi11576 Posts: 1,168 Member
    edited October 2009
    I like the store.

I am finding Sims3 so boring so at least downloading new store items freshens it up a bit.

Hopefully they keep adding new things because I am not really interested in the first EP they have coming out and just may skip it :(

Oh well I still love Sims2

:)
  • saraswatisaraswati Posts: 408 Member
    edited October 2009
    The store is EA's attempt to "have it both ways" with the Sims community. In every other community, they brought down the base cost of the game when implementing microtransactions, with the Sims community they increased the cost of the game and implemented microtransactions because they figure they can get away with it. The cost of the items is also about double the cost of Stuff packs, and the cost of those items is way too extortionate for pixels. It all comes down to personal choice whether you think it's ok or not.

Personally, not buying into it. I'll buy an EP if it interests me, but the points will stay mouldering on my account on principle. The only thing I grab from the store is the free stuff like the harvest set, and Riverview.
  • Papillon14Papillon14 Posts: 5 New Member
    edited October 2009
    Whats worse for people living outside america is that the overpriced prices are even more extreme, because the store doesn't take into account current exchange rates.

Here in Australia we're supposed to be able to spend $10US in local currency equivalent to buy 1000 simpoints, which has been permanently set at $17AU.

Currently $10US = $10.75AU
    and $20US = $21.50AU

That means people in Australia are basically paying $7 more 1000 simpoints and $14 for 2000...

Its somewhat ridiculous, and highly unfair!
  • LufferkinzLufferkinz Posts: 2,600 New Member
    edited October 2009
    No caps next time, please. Same here, the store is kept. I like some things from there.
  • PopeyePopeye Posts: 53 Member
    edited October 2009
    Sorry the store is way over priced..The stuff they make is not what it should be.. ie,the Hair style look like crap..I will stick to the community home made stuff because it looks better and it is FREE..

mod Edit spelling